Oricom UHF028

Oricom UHF028

Great value for money

Pleased with package deal. Easy to install. Easy to use. Performs well. All you need, nothing you don't. Seems reasonably well made. I like the removable mike. If you damage it or break a wire etc its easy to replace. Does all I need in a UHF.

Purchased in February 2019 for $200.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Turns on and off

I purchased the uhf after having one that i sold in another vehicle. the uhf was wired by a auto electrician and kept turning on amd off when i turned the unit on i figured it was a fault install do i re imstalled my self and am still having the same problem. Think i purchased a faulty uhf.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Jac

JacNoosa

Very happy

Bought this one as it came as an all in one including the aerial and we had a small budget.
I was very happy to find is indeed good quality and very clear while in use.
I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a no fuss, small radio at a great price

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Jac, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with the UHF028 and agree that it is great value at the price point! All the best with your future use, Oricom.

SteveBrisbane

Good reputation? Hard to get, easy to lose

I have used oricom for many years, always happy. I purchased the 028 and less than 3mths later I returned it to the retailer as it ceased working. It was sent to oricom to be repaired. Oricom allegedly repaired and posted it back. It was not received by the retailer and although oricom cannot provide proof of delivery, they refuse to rectify the situation, leaving me with no radio, no recourse and out of pocket. Be warned

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Marlene S.Oricom
Marlene S.Oricom

Happy5AU

Oricom UHF028 Waste of my time

dexx

dexxasked

My new UHF028 displays 'busy' on every channel and all I hear is static. I have tried factory reset. Any suggestions?

Return it for a refund

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi dexx, thanks for the message. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

pumpkinasked

just wondering on the oricom 028 how do I tell if I have it on simplex or duplex please?

Happy5

I can’t remember, sorry. The Oricom was difficult to get working and I had to give up on it.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. As instructed on page 16 of the User Guide, your UHF028 allows you to pre-select Duplex operation individually on each of the repeater channels.
Press DPX button, “DPX” icon should disappear on the LCD.
Press the DPX button again to toggle the Duplex function on and off.

We hope that helps, however if you continue to experience difficulty in this, we recommend that you give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in walking you through the steps. All the best, Oricom.

pumpkin

thanks oricom but I think I will go back to either uniden or gme

Commodore131

Commodore131asked

I bought this unit 2 months back worked fine now i have no incoming or it is very garbled and there no longer channel 62 63 64 all wiring is fine what is the problem?Have tried reset numerous times to no avail

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the experience you are having with regard to the Oricom UHF028, and for this we suggest that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF Radios