Oricom UHF028

Oricom UHF028

Turns on and off

I purchased the uhf after having one that i sold in another vehicle. the uhf was wired by a auto electrician and kept turning on amd off when i turned the unit on i figured it was a fault install do i re imstalled my self and am still having the same problem. Think i purchased a faulty uhf.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Hi Travis, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the Oricom UHF CB, and for this we would recommend that you please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist you in troubleshooting the issue and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Very happy

Bought this one as it came as an all in one including the aerial and we had a small budget.
I was very happy to find is indeed good quality and very clear while in use.
I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a no fuss, small radio at a great price

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Hi Jac, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with the UHF028 and agree that it is great value at the price point! All the best with your future use, Oricom.

Good reputation? Hard to get, easy to lose

I have used oricom for many years, always happy. I purchased the 028 and less than 3mths later I returned it to the retailer as it ceased working. It was sent to oricom to be repaired. Oricom allegedly repaired and posted it back. It was not received by the retailer and although oricom cannot provide proof of delivery, they refuse to rectify the situation, leaving me with no radio, no recourse and out of pocket. Be warned

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Steve, We are sorry you have had this experience with your recent radio purchase. We stand by the operation of our radios and do all we can to provide timely and efficient warranty service. Australia Post records show that the parcel was delivered on the 11th of October to your retailer: https://m.auspost.com.au/view/tracking/KHH0654454. We have been in contact with the retailer and hope that they can locate this parcel for you. If they have not already been in contact with you please send us a PM with your contact details or call us on 1300 889 785 so we can discuss. Sincerely, Oricom UHF CB Radios.Hi Oricom representative, are you sure that is the correct tracking number? Seems funny that i couldn't get any details over the phone but you apparently know who i am with no details supplied? That parcel was delivered to a different area than both myself and the retailer. If you have been in contact with the retailer then you already have access to my contact details, feel free to contact meHi Steve, Luckily for most, the situation you described above does not happen frequently so we are able to assume that we are dealing with your details. We will check the tracking number again against the dispatch and speak with the retailer to see if they can share your details with us so we can contact you directly. We hope to be able to resolve this for you asap. Best regards, Oricom UHF CB Radios

Oricom UHF028 Waste of my time

I purchased this UHF in good faith, from an eBay seller who sells a lot of these products. The initial unit did not work. The replacement unit Oricom sent me did not work. Then the seller tells me they have problems with some vehicles (mine was an ex council Ford Ranger with 55,000k's). I tested heaps of different arrangements and conditions, including a side by side test with some handhelds, and with my brother's GME TX3100 plug and play (both of which performed perfectly). Despite this, the seller insisted they would not refund until Oricom had thoroughly tested both units. I needed a working unit quickly, so I bought a GME TX3100 plug an play locally, and I'm very impressed with it!! Unbelievable performance out of a physically small unit. Given what I know now, for my circumstances I really wouldn't waste my time buying one of these Oricom units, nor would I buy one over eBay. It's cost me weeks and it's still not resolved.

My new UHF028 displays 'busy' on every channel and all I hear is static. I have tried factory reset. Any suggestions?
Return it for a refundHi dexx, thanks for the message. We would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom.

just wondering on the oricom 028 how do I tell if I have it on simplex or duplex please?
I can’t remember, sorry. The Oricom was difficult to get working and I had to give up on it.Hi there, thanks for the message. As instructed on page 16 of the User Guide, your UHF028 allows you to pre-select Duplex operation individually on each of the repeater channels. Press DPX button, “DPX” icon should disappear on the LCD. Press the DPX button again to toggle the Duplex function on and off. We hope that helps, however if you continue to experience difficulty in this, we recommend that you give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in walking you through the steps. All the best, Oricom.thanks oricom but I think I will go back to either uniden or gme

I bought this unit 2 months back worked fine now i have no incoming or it is very garbled and there no longer channel 62 63 64 all wiring is fine what is the problem?Have tried reset numerous times to no avail
Hi there, thanks for getting in touch. We are sorry to hear of the experience you are having with regard to the Oricom UHF028, and for this we suggest that you give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

UHF028