Oricom UHF028

4.4

Wilmer Caraang

Wilmer CaraangNorth Queensland, QLD

Fantastic

I will get another one to put in my other car good reception and easy to install i will suggest to my Mate to get one like ive got thanks oricom

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Still not installed

Hi guys I haven't installed it yet so can't comment but I am sure it will be a fantastic unit , looks like it will be easy to operate even for my wife ha ha

Purchased in August 2020 at Online for A$199.00.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Works well And has a good range

Easy to install. Ample length of leads and all fittings supplied. Lead passed through firewall well. Had to 3D print face piece to really make it really blend into dash.

Purchased in August 2020 for A$200.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

Alex Winnell

Alex WinnellMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

uhf radio

Good machine just what I expected and good price, easy to install and use. I bought as I haven't had one for years and miss it when I am travelling

willhawk

willhawkPerth, WA

Works well with a good range

Have had a conversation ove 20Km flat country from on top of a hill. Fitted into vehicle with no issues. Had a job getting an antenna mount for nudge bar but finally manufactured one to fit under bonnet of Great Wall

Purchased in July 2020 at Online for A$198.00.

Good little unit

Easy to install and easy to use with no frills but works well. Please don't tell me I have to use 30 words as I will not do any reviews.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the support and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

This product is just the right size

The delivery was very fast and extremely well packaged. All arrived in good order. I’m extremely pleased with the product it was exactly as described in advertisement, I would recommend this product.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Very happy with the product and service

It was delivered fast, very easy to install, it came with everything needed, works great and easy to operate, very happy with the whole experience, I would recommend Oricom to anyone

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ben, thanks for the review. We appreciate all of the support, and wish you all the very best with your future use. Oricom.

Blue Mac

Blue MacSydney Surrounds, NSW

great radio

Using this radio brand for the first time it was quickly clear that it was a better coverage and remained clear longer.Putting it in the car was simple and it had plenty of power lead and aerial lead.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback, and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Find out how Oricom UHF028 compares to other UHF & VHF Radios

does everything you need it to do,easy to operate and is nice and clear in reception.

Easily fitted and the compact design makes for ease of operation. Reception is quite good. Dials are simple and easy to operate. The microphone fits well in your hand and easy to handle.

Purchased for A$180.00.

Excellent quality

Website was very easy to navigate we found exactly what my son wanted for his Ute. This product was also on sale a great price for a very well made product. Delivery was quick

Purchased in August 2020 at Website for A$199.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Ian, thanks for the review and we appreciate the feedback. Wishing you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Jarrod Barker

Jarrod BarkerGoulburn Valley, VIC

Good Quality system for an unbelievable price.

Easy to install, works perfectly. As far as I'm concerned why would you spend upwards of $600 on a competitor when this unit is perfect at a very reasonable price? Very happy, will buy Oricom again!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jarrod, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Just what I was looking for

Very neat and compact unit fitted were i wanted to put it easy to use and easy to read .Be able to really test it when my mates and me go north fishing for barracks thanks for a great unit

Technical SupportOricom

Hi George, thank you for the awesome review and for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom.

Mark B.

Mark B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent Quality, Far better than I expected,

I placed the order for my UHF Set with the mindset of ' If its cheap and nasty it cost less than $200' It was a risk I was willing to take.
I placed my order on the 25th June 2020, and was very happy when It was at my post office for pick up on the 1st of August.
I was overjoyed when I opened up the box and found Not only was the Quality awesome but everything I needed to install it was included.
Its probably one of the easiest and quickest diy jobs I have attempted.
The Aerial that comes as standard is of a high quality, not flimsy.
I am pleased to say I feel This UHF set is worth Every cent spent and then some.
Would recommend 250%

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. We wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom.

Colt

ColtSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great value

Great unit, all the the avg guy needs on smaller 4wd tours . Seems great quality and clear voice. Mainly use it for communication between friends 4wd while on a camping trip.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review, and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the UHF028. All the best, Oricom.

just what we were after

fitted easily and out of the way. communication was very clear and wife was able to use with no trouble at. We bought two so we could talk safely between vehicles. thanks

Purchased for A$198.00.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review, and for taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Noel.South East Queensland, QLD

Not real happy

We did build this into an intercom system in to our race car. It played up from almost the word go. It kept defaulting to CH80 until it was given a factory reset. After time it just lost the ability to transmit more than about 50m.

Purchased in March 2018 at Pet Products on the Web for A$160.00.

Noel.

An update on this, Oricom have repaired the radio under warranty, I didn't the realise they had a 5 year warranty. I apricate the good follow up service.

Great value for money

Pleased with package deal. Easy to install. Easy to use. Performs well. All you need, nothing you don't. Seems reasonably well made. I like the removable mike. If you damage it or break a wire etc its easy to replace. Does all I need in a UHF.

Purchased in February 2019 for A$200.00.

Turns on and off

I purchased the uhf after having one that i sold in another vehicle. the uhf was wired by a auto electrician and kept turning on amd off when i turned the unit on i figured it was a fault install do i re imstalled my self and am still having the same problem. Think i purchased a faulty uhf.

Date PurchasedNov 2015
Jac

JacNoosa

Very happy

Bought this one as it came as an all in one including the aerial and we had a small budget.
I was very happy to find is indeed good quality and very clear while in use.
I would happily recommend this to anyone looking for a no fuss, small radio at a great price

Date PurchasedOct 2017
Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jac, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of your satisfaction with the UHF028 and agree that it is great value at the price point! All the best with your future use, Oricom.

steve

steveasked

I have just bought the compact uhf028 , and trying to wire it up so it turns off with the ignition. i have tried the black to negative chassis , red to fuse box , yet it still will not turn off.
please help

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Steve, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Stephenasked

My 028 uhf must have a short in it turns on and off randomly and the screen doesn't light up where do i get it repaired?

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Stephen

Thanks for that I'll give them a call.

Tim G.

Tim G.asked

i have just bought a oricom uhf 028 and has been installed can receive calls but as soon as I press the ptt button it gose to channel 80 and resetting don't fix it

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Tim, thanks for the message. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

lazercft
lazercft

I had an Oricom uhf 028. It was ok for the price and initially I posted a favourable review. However my advice to you would be to do what I have done and buy a GME. You get what you pay for! My Oricom lasted less than a year. I have a mate who had one and he took it to a local service agent when it broke. The agent said that the quality of components is quite low. He also runs GME now and has had no issues. Our GME units are quite a bit smaller but heavier. That tells you something!

Matthew R.
Matthew R.

Mine does the same any fix for the issue yet?

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF & VHF Radios