2Oricom FS300 Non-Contact Infrared

7% · 226 · 87%

Eliza S.
Eliza S.Far North Queensland, QLD

inaccurate

faulty reading after only second use. Started reading high temps 40+ then just reading HI. I contacted support and they were really helpful with dispatching a new unit. After reading others reviews I would be inclined to buy a different unit altogether. I just hope the replacement unit works longer than a few months like my first one. Show details
Lene O
Lene OMetropolitan Adelaide, SA8 posts

Unreliable product

I was gifted with this unit last year. I didn't open the box until I needed it. However, the thermometer keeps showing "low" or "error", when I check the manual, low and error means temperature is outside the range. Which is very unusual. I have used other brands before but nothing like this. I think the unit is either faulty or the brand is not a reliable one.

Due to emergency, I had to buy a brand new thermometer. Other brand works just fine.

Called customer support, however, because it is outside warranty period, I just had to throw it away! Show details

Peter
PeterMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Stopped working 10 months after warranty

I was happy with thermometer while was working but suddenly stopped working 10 months after warranty expired. Emailed oricom support but didnt do anything since outside warranty period. Frustrating when you think your paying good money for a quality product only to find another overpriced cheaply made electronic item. I guess they would offer more warranty if they were confident their products were well made. Wouldnt consider oricom again. Show details
Kalisha
KalishaSoutheast, SA

Is ok

Is decent when it works, I haven’t had any issues with accuracy as far as I know. Although very disappointed that it doesn’t work when it’s too cold? Our place is very cold especially in the middle of winter. I have to warm it up before even using it? Which is disappointing for the price.. wish I got the other one.
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the review. We are sorry to hear of your experience, and if you would like to call and discuss with a team member, please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

JustinGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC3 posts

Stopped working, outside of warranty nothing Oricom will do

Had the unit 2-3 years, and have used about 50 times in that period and up until this point served us well. Always stored in its cover and well looked after. Now we are getting an error message (message says "high".. and its the middle of winter) Unfortunately Oricom customer support have suggested 'sounds like the sensors are malfunctioning' and as i'm outside warranty there's nothing they can do. Whilst warranty guarantee you for the 1st 12 months, I would not have paid a premium price tag if I thought this device would be disposable after a year or two (this was an investment). Perhaps stick with the old school $5 dollar job would have been better option. Show details
KD1981
KD1981Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC4 posts

Inaccurate

Shows very inaccurate temperature. Had to come back to traditional one. Big difference in temperature. 1 or 1.5 degrees makes a big difference to body when goes above 37. NO Show details
Ree
Ree

Inaccurate constantly

We bought this in NZ about 5years ago.i always felt readings were inaccurate we could click and scan within seconds and get different readings which differed alot.my son just had a bad fever high temps I got different readings 34's,35's,36's,37 after giving him pamol we went to doc where he was 38. I went and bought a new thermometer today gutted as we paid over $100 originally based on quality and performance thinking it would last for years. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi Ree, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss the above with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Brettles
BrettlesSydney, NSW4 posts

Erroneous at best

Had this product for 3 years and for the last year I have questioned its accuracy. Replaced batteries, and no change. I would get a reading of 36.5 behind the ear and second reading in the same place would be 37.5. My child was very hot to touch so I went old school mercury mouth thermometer and Lo and behold, 39.5. At least I knew then to administer paracetamol to reduce the fever. Lucky I had a back up device otherwise an unchecked fever could have been dire. For a ‘Medical’ device as it is advertised, I am utterly dissatisfied with how this product behaves. Show details
Cinara
CinaraSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Fair Incentive

Terrible thermometer

The thermometer is not reading my baby ferver, I can feel she is with high ferver but the thermometer keep saying 36 C, after try more than 10 times the thermometer show 37.8 C, it kept on playing up and brings up ERR (error) message. The doctor just arrived to my home, his thermometer show 38.2 C and mine keep saying 36 or sometimes 37 C, the doctor told I can put this thermometer in the rubish. I used twice and I can’t trust it. I am single mother, I can’t loose my money. Show details
NLM
NLMSydney2 posts

Worthless waste of time

Easy to use, as long as you don’t actually need an accurate measurement. I tested it on myself and others numerous times prior to our baby arriving, and no measurements ever exceeded more than 36.1’C. This was around a full degree below what other thermometers were reading. The thermometer also kept coming up with errors when we’d stored it in a cupboard where it must have been outside it’s operating range (I think it’s <15’C) so couldn’t use it straight away. Very disappointing considering the hefty price.

goulash
goulashSydney, NSW37 posts

perfect and accurate

Fantastic simple to use, we have this for over 4 years now and still has not missed a beat...people need to read manual and learn how to use this concering all the inaccurate readings.

Small and light weight and the option to check water temp or beam it through objects is a plus.

Show reply

Jhana
Jhana2 posts

Extremely Inaccurate

This thermometer did not read our babies high fever. Thank God for good motherly instincts that had me I'm the doctors office with my baby anyway. This thermometer was reading 36.5 degrees compared to both the doctor and nurses that read 39 and 39.4. Poor baby! In our situation this thermometers inaccuracy proved so misleading it was dangerous for our new born. $145 of wasted money. Angry.

pandamike81
pandamike81Brisbane6 posts

Very useful

Non invasive temperature reading.

Needs to be 2-3 cm away from the surface to get a good reading.

I read many reviews on inaccurate reading - this can be circumvented by taking at least 2 readings behind the ears and averaging it.

You can change the setting such that it measures the temperature of objects too.

Show reply

siusin206
siusin206Sydney, NSW10 posts

Horrible product! Unreliable and constant ERROR messages!

Same experience as FKK, worked for the first month then it kept on playing up. Constantly brings up ERR (error) message or would randomly bring up really HI temperatures of 41, 42. There is no "reset" button and instruction manual is useless. When it runs the ERR or HI message, constantly need to take out the batteries to "restart" it. I went to buy the Medescan thermometer to replace....

FKK
FKKSydney, NSW11 posts

Worked for the first month, since that displays "Hi" every time, con product do not buy!

We had a Medescan contactless thermometer for years and worked accurately (we took it to the doctor and compared the readings to an in-ear one, readings within 0.1~0.2 range). When it finally broke we replaced it with the Oricom, thinking it as a better if not the same.

Stopped reading properly after a few months - readings always show "Hi" or temps around 39-40 degrees C.

It constantly provides false reading, and relying on this product is dangerous. It should be recalled and never allowed to be sold by Australian governing authorities.

Shame on Oricom for selling such an unreliable and non-market ready product.

Bharti S.
Bharti S.

Hii..my device is showing sometimes err and sometimes hi/low..ands it's been few months..presently it's very chilly weather here even then it's showing hi on the screen sometimes...please help

Justin

These are rubbish and not worth the money, we purchased a cheap eBay one and have had no issues.

Oricom   DM

Hi there, please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Ou P.
Ou P.

hi, I bought this yesterday, when I start to use it , the screen keep showing error , even I press a few times the start button. but after I wait couple minutes , it can work probably, is that any problem with that? I try couple times already, once I stop using it for 1 day , it happen again.

Justin

Ive been told they need to be kept in constant temperature for period of time to work propertly. We gave up in the end and chucked ours in the bin, they are rubbish units

Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your recent experience. We would recommend you call our locally based Oricom Support team a call 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Joseph K.
Joseph K.

Hi, My device is not providing me readings in C & F. the results only read Hi And Lo. Why?

CategoryBaby Thermometers