Inaccurate

Shows very inaccurate temperature. Had to come back to traditional one. Big difference in temperature. 1 or 1.5 degrees makes a big difference to body when goes above 37. NO

Purchased in August 2018 for $58.49.

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you to ensure that the unit is being used as instructed in the User Guide. Please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Unit is definitely being used according to instructions. But unfortunately not accurate.Hi KD, we would like to discuss with you. Please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Inaccurate constantly

We bought this in NZ about 5years ago.i always felt readings were inaccurate we could click and scan within seconds and get different readings which differed alot.my son just had a bad fever high temps I got different readings 34's,35's,36's,37 after giving him pamol we went to doc where he was 38. I went and bought a new thermometer today gutted as we paid over $100 originally based on quality and performance thinking it would last for years.

Purchased in March 2013 for $100.00.

Hi Ree, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss the above with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Erroneous at best.

Had this product for 3 years and for the last year I have questioned its accuracy. Replaced batteries, and no change. I would get a reading of 36.5 behind the ear and second reading in the same place would be 37.5. My child was very hot to touch so I went old school mercury mouth thermometer and Lo and behold, 39.5. At least I knew then to administer paracetamol to reduce the fever. Lucky I had a back up device otherwise an unchecked fever could have been dire. For a ‘Medical’ device as it is advertised, I am utterly dissatisfied with how this product behaves.

Purchased in January 2016 for $75.00.

Hi Brettles, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss with you to ensure that you are using the device in accordance with the instruction in the User Guide. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Terrible thermometer

The thermometer is not reading my baby ferver, I can feel she is with high ferver but the thermometer keep saying 36 C, after try more than 10 times the thermometer show 37.8 C, it kept on playing up and brings up ERR (error) message. The doctor just arrived to my home, his thermometer show 38.2 C and mine keep saying 36 or sometimes 37 C, the doctor told I can put this thermometer in the rubish. I used twice and I can’t trust it. I am single mother, I can’t loose my money.

Purchased in January 2018 at Baby Bunting for $59.99.

Hi Cinara, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and assure you that this is out of the ordinary. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Worthless waste of time

Easy to use, as long as you don’t actually need an accurate measurement. I tested it on myself and others numerous times prior to our baby arriving, and no measurements ever exceeded more than 36.1’C. This was around a full degree below what other thermometers were reading. The thermometer also kept coming up with errors when we’d stored it in a cupboard where it must have been outside it’s operating range (I think it’s <15’C) so couldn’t use it straight away. Very disappointing considering the hefty price.

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

perfect and accurate

Fantastic simple to use, we have this for over 4 years now and still has not missed a beat...people need to read manual and learn how to use this concering all the inaccurate readings.
Small and light weight and the option to check water temp or beam it through objects is a plus.

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the FS300 and wish you all the best with you future use. Many thanks, Oricom Baby Care.

Extremely Inaccurate

This thermometer did not read our babies high fever. Thank God for good motherly instincts that had me I'm the doctors office with my baby anyway. This thermometer was reading 36.5 degrees compared to both the doctor and nurses that read 39 and 39.4. Poor baby! In our situation this thermometers inaccuracy proved so misleading it was dangerous for our new born. $145 of wasted money. Angry.

Hi there, thanks for the message and we are sorry to hear of your experience with the FS300. We would love the opportunity to resolve this issue with you and have the unit working for you as designed, so please give our locally based Oricom Support team a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Very useful

Non invasive temperature reading.
Needs to be 2-3 cm away from the surface to get a good reading.
I read many reviews on inaccurate reading - this can be circumvented by taking at least 2 readings behind the ears and averaging it.
You can change the setting such that it measures the temperature of objects too.

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are glad to hear of you experience with the FS300 and wish you all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Horrible product! Unreliable and constant ERROR messages!

Same experience as FKK, worked for the first month then it kept on playing up. Constantly brings up ERR (error) message or would randomly bring up really HI temperatures of 41, 42. There is no "reset" button and instruction manual is useless. When it runs the ERR or HI message, constantly need to take out the batteries to "restart" it. I went to buy the Medescan thermometer to replace....

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you have experienced with your Oricom FS300 and would welcome the opportunity to have a Customer Support Team member discuss and resolve the issue with you. If you could please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, they will be able to assist in troubleshooting the problem with you and work towards a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Worked for the first month, since that displays "Hi" every time, con product do not buy!

We had a Medescan contactless thermometer for years and worked accurately (we took it to the doctor and compared the readings to an in-ear one, readings within 0.1~0.2 range). When it finally broke we replaced it with the Oricom, thinking it as a better if not the same.

Stopped reading properly after a few months - readings always show "Hi" or temps around 39-40 degrees C.

It constantly provides false reading, and relying on this product is dangerous. It should be recalled and never allowed to be sold by Australian governing authorities.

Shame on Oricom for selling such an unreliable and non-market ready product.

Hi there, sorry to hear of the experience you have had with the FS300 and assure you that this is out of the ordinary. If you believe the unit to be faulty, please call our dedicated Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785 as they are well equipped to troubleshoot the issue with you over the phone, and work towards a solution with you. Thanks and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.Thank you for offering assistance on the product. I was able to obtain a full refund from Baby Bunting.

If your house gets cold in winter, apparently this won't work

I was mostly getting an error message with occasional success . Now reading back through the thread I am guessing the problem is that it was a cold day... and yes, I live in a badly designed old Australian house, like lots of Australians. Rather than inefficiently heat every room we use electric blankets. So this is not useful in Australia in winter. Which is flu season.

Don't waste your money!

Rubbish! You would think by nearly spending $100 on this thermonitor you would be getting a good one... Nope not this one, worked for a few months and then started to give inaccurate readings - way out.. So disappointed with this product. Oricom... It's not always people not following the instructions properly.. Mine faulty.. Prove me wrong, I'll happily send it your way.

Terribly inaccurate and inconsistent

Terrible product. Very unreliable! Like most I bought this product for the convenience of not having to wake my child to check her temperature. Recently she was burning up and I checked her temperature at her temple it was 40.0 on one side and 36.2 on the other. As I was confused I decided to check my own at the same time (I was not unwell) and it said 38.9 on one side and 38.2 on the other! I decided to go back to using the axilla thermometer which gave much more consistent results between left and right armpits and also when checking my own to compare.
Extremely disappointing and I will be actively not recommending this product to anyone. What a waste of $99.

Dont buy this product!

If you ever think about buying it please DONT!
Last night my daughter was burning. I measured her temperature and showed 36.3, I measured again 36.7. Ok I thought something is wrong. Had a look the instructions done everything what says there NOPE! Still my baby forehead was burning. Measured again and again and always stupid stupid stupid results always under 37. I woke up my husband and luckily he thought he can check in his first aid kit at the car. Then thermometer showed 39.1
Dear oricom is this what you have to offer? Are you serious??? Im picking up the most expensive thermometer on the shelf thinking that money is quality but not! Thermometer from first aid kit that costs all up under $50 showed more reliable than you!
I WANT TO RETURN THIS PRODUCT AND I WANT TO KNOW HOW! I WANT MY $99 BACK!!!

Excellent paperweight - too bad about the thermometer

This thermometer has badly let us down every time we needed it. As others have noted, the accuracy is terrible and even taking a reading in the exact same spot can vary by over 2 degrees! That can be the difference between no temperature at all and a high fever. After being frustrated at near random readings from this thermometer, we replaced it with a Braun in ear unit which is quicker to read and more importantly consistent and accurate. Had we relied on the readings from this Oricom unit, our child's fever would have been dismissed and we wouldn't have made the very necessary trip to hospital. I'd give it zero stars if i could as in our experience it has been a complete failure at it's only function.

Not a reliable product

I wanted a good thermometer to rely on when my kids are sick therefore I'm willing to pay for a higher price. Unfortunately, this product does not last long. Same issue with others, my kid had a very high temperature and the reading is just normal, very normal. At the end of the day, we have to rush to the hospital. Not recommended at all!

Inconsistant

I bought Oricom FS300 IR thermometer about 2 years ago. I liked the idea of how quick and easy it is to take a temperature of my bub. Even when he was asleep i did not have to wake him up. However i found the readings very inconsistent. I usually took temperature 3 times one after another and very precisely at the same place and distance from the forehead. Last night my child was sick and burning . I took the thermometer and it keep showing a reading of 36.2C. I have another thermometer very basic one and i placed it under his arm, my son had 39C. I don't understand how Oricom can justify the price of such a useless product, it is actually dangerous relaying on it. Very disappointed...

Hi Sylvia, We are very sorry to hear of your experience with inconsistent temperatures and we would very much like the opportunity to speak with you to investigate further. Please call our Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785 and quote your reference: HL67425. As a side note you do need to be aware when measuring temperatures that they vary depending on the area of the body, this is described on page 8 of the user guide. Sincerely, Oricom Baby Care

Incorrect reading

Hi,

I had to take my daughter to the hospital at 2am in the morning. She had a temperature of 38.9 degrees but my oricom fs300 was reading 36.3. I can't believe how wrong the reading was. I would never recommend this product. I paid so much money for it and it didn't deliver.

Betty

Hi Betty, We are concerned to hear of your experience and we hope your daughter is doing much better now. With the FS300 Digital Thermometer it is very important to operate in accordance with the user guide instructions. These include a statement regarding ambient room temperature operation: "NOTE - If the room temperature is between 15°C to 20°C(59°F to 68°F), the forehead temperature can become lower due to the room temperature." If you believe the thermometer to be faulty or have any questions about its operation, please call our Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785. Please quote your reference: HL66693 so we can have your details to hand. Sincerely, Oricom Baby Care

Worked well for a few times then gave wrong temps

Purchased this less than a year ago.
Used it less than 10 times, only when our bub had temperature.
Tried to use it last night as our son was sick and the device kept saying 'hi' or 'low' ... I ended up driving to the chemist to buy an old fashion thermometer that works without failure.
Tried today again, still not working ...

Hi Max, We are sorry to hear you are having this trouble with your thermometer and we really would like the chance to assist you. It may be a setting or somehing else we can help you with. Are you able to call our friendly Customer Support team on 1300 889 785 and quote your reference: HL65460? Best regards, Oricom Baby Care

2nd chance & big FAIL!

Purchased this thermometer & paid a pretty penny for it. But wish I had of read reviews 1st. Thermometer #1 worked well for a couple of months then started giving insane readings. Had to resort to using my panadol freebie thermometer, which works & still going strong. Rang customer service & it was well & truly in warranty, it was replaced. Despite being told there was never an issue & I was a first. Mmm I doubt. Hello version 2. You worked well but repeat above. Yes I could call again but no proof of purchase as you sent it to me plus it doesn't work. I've read the above & know you back your product but I suggest if your child has a suspected temp don't use your thermometer.

I bought the product from 2 years ago. And now it show me LO message every time whatever the body temperature despite it was on body temperature mode. Any ideas?
Hi there, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of your experience using the FS300 Infrared thermometer. It is possible that in this instance, the thermometer has flat batteries which should be replaced (the user guide provides instruction on how to replace). Alternatively, If the thermometer is in the correct mode and the batteries are not the problem, then it is important to note that environmental variables such as a cold room can have an effect on the reading, because the temperature is measured through air. It is important when using this device, that temperatures are taken in accordance with the instructions in the user guide, notably that temperature should always be taken in ordinary ambient temperature conditions. If you continue to have an issue with the model, the best thing to do is call our dedicated Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785, and they will help troubleshoot the issue over the phone and work towards solving this issue with you. Please note that the FS300 only carries a 12 month warranty period. Thanks, and all the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, I need your help. I bought this product a week ago. It worked well for 3 days but after some readings, it showed an error message on the screen. Initially I thought it was the batteries, so I changed them to new ones. Now, I still get the same error message or if I do get a temperature reading, it will always be at the 40 degrees level even though I have normal body temperature. What should I do to correct this?
Hi, thanks for your message. Please check that you have the thermometer in the right temperature reading mode. The arrow on the display indicates that the product is in object measurement mode not body temperature mode. Press the top button once to change the icon to body temperature mode. A user guide can be downloaded from our website if required. If the product continues to show the error message please contact our support team on 1300 889 785. Oricom Baby Care

CategoryBaby Thermometers