Oricom HFS1000

Oricom HFS1000

3.4

Inaccurate readings

Consistantly 0.9 off actual temperature. Compared with multiple doctors in-ear and forhead monitors its always off. Regretting spending so much money on a faulty product. Mislead by the reviews on here.

Purchased in November 2020 for $99.99.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

C tj

C tjSydney, NSW

Amazing

Works well. Cannot fault it. It’s now super easy to check bubs temp at night without waking her. Came in super handy when bub was sick recently. Perfect. So happy

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience with the product. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Review collected in partnership with Oricom

Codianne

CodianneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best Thermometer I've EVER bought!

This thermometer is so easy to use, quick enough to get a temp reading from my 3 year old and also hold memory of the last readings so it's easy to compare when tracking a fever.
I also love that it came with a plastic case to keep it safe and easy to take with us wherever we go.

Purchased in September 2020 at Oricom for $99.00.

Baby Thermometers

Find out how Oricom HFS1000 compares to other Baby Thermometers

TimWollongong

Only good in the tropics

When this works it seems fine but as soon as the ambient temperature drops below 20 degrees it won’t work. This is not stated anywhere before you purchase. So if you want to measure temps in winter it is useless and doesn’t work. Why would anyone sell a device that doesn’t work in normal winter daytime temperatures in Sydney let alone at night when you would probably want to use it!!

Purchased in January 2019.

Tech SupportOricom

Hi Tim, This type of thermometer (non-contact) requires the temperature to be taken at normal room temperature. This information is outlined in the user guide. All the best Oricom Baby Care

BeroccaBunbury

Simply Dangerous - Please Avoid

Purchased in March 2020 at Baby Bunting Online store for $99.00.

Jess

JessMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Easy to use

Purchased in February 2019 at Gadget City Online store.

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jess, thanks for the the review and taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Nikki R.

Nikki R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not good for winter!

Purchased in January 2019.

Pete_RepeatSydney, NSW

Works well except..

I have found if the room temperature gets down to 16 degrees then the device doesn't measure body temperature and keeps showing " L 16c" and changes to the house symbol with a red screen and not the body temperature. Works fine above 16 degrees however so possibly a bug in the coding? Seems like this won't be too useful over winter unless the heaters are on an night.

Edit: Actually lowered my score as if this isnt fixable then it makes it far less useful.

Purchased in March 2019.

SageM

SageMSouth East Queensland, QLD

Inaccurate readings

Yes I agree with a lot of the posts very easy to use and I Double checked I was using the product correctly multiple times, however I suspected my daughter had a fever from an ear infection. This product was reading 36.2 in both recommended checking areas but decided to take her to the doctors to be sure. The doctors thermometer was reading 37.5 and this product was still reading 36.2 and it was being checked at the same time. I find it dangerously inaccurate.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $70.00.

Baby Thermometers

Find out how Oricom HFS1000 compares to other Baby Thermometers

Jess

JessCanberra

Accurate Thermometer!

This thermometer is probably the only touchless thermometer that offers accurate results. it is well worth the cost for the peace of mind that it gives you and so great that you can check the temperature without disturbing the little one! I would highly recommend this product to any parent

Technical SupportOricom

Hi Jess, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the HFS1000. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Eightathome

EightathomeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So excited to have a new thermometer to trust!

We’ve been using a thermometer with cap changes for years, and from unreliable readings to buying new caps all the time I was getting really fed up.
We were lucky enough to receive the Oricom Hsf 1000
- easy to use
- multiple functions
-check room, bath and children temperatures
-same answer every time
- reliable, quick
- were in love!!!!

Best thermometer we have ever used

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the HFS1000, and we wish you all the best with your future Oricom product use. Oricom Baby Care.

Appleeye

AppleeyeCampbelltown

Well worth the money

I never imagined spending this much on a thermometer tbh however after purchasing a more basic temple reading one before my son was born and persevering with it till he was about 1 year while he wriggled & writhed - getting a temp reading was always painful - I wish we had known about this one & purchased sooner. We no longer require two of us to get a temp. Just point at the temple & the reading comes back in seconds. Do not hesitate with the little bit of extra cost!!

Technical SupportOricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are so glad to hear of your experience and thanks for taking the time to let others know! All the best, Oricom Baby Care