VerifiedMPN:HFS1000

3.4
Accuracy

Vic E.
Vic E.

Works well when it works

I constantly get the L16 error even when it is 18 degrees in the house. It's so frustrating how unreliable this thermometer is. Show details
Accuracy
Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would love to help. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

T H P
T H PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

This is super handy

Super easy to use, great to have on hand for new born and the family - brings so much peace of mind ! Show details ·  1
Martin
Martin5 posts

Poor Inconsistent Readings

Poor readings and sometimes won’t even read at all if the surrounding temperature is too cold. Brought to the GP and tested against their thermometer and it’s way off….AVOID Show details
Holly
HollyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA2 posts

Great thermometer until the room temp drops below 16deg

I found this thermometer great until I moved house and also stopped using the heater all night when my son got a bit older. New house gets much colder, so overnight I could not get this thermometer to work. And could not work out why until I did some digging and found a few similar reviews. Very frustrating when you are trying to check your little ones temp.
Would not recommend this product. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, would love to discuss with you so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

bernie
bernieSydney, NSW14 posts

Very consistent readings and reliable

This is a great thermometer. Did alot of research before I bought it. Its very consistent and I can actually rely on it, unlike some ear thermometers that give inconsistent readings. Also because this measures at the temple its more accurate then a forehead thermometer. Its one of the better thermometers I've purchased. Easy to use especially at night when kids sleep. Show details ·  1
Amy
Amy

Immediate regret

I wish I had heeded the warnings from previous reviewers that the device doesn't work when the room temp is below 16 C. Winter and flu season is generally when you need it. I bought this in winter and it will not function at all. Given the price of the unit, there are better alternatives. Show details
Bec C
Bec CSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts
  Fair Incentive

Accurate & peace of mind

We have been using this on the adults & newborn in our house.
We had covid a few weeks ago & this gave us peace of mind to make sure our newborn didn’t get a temperature. Show reply
David Morrell
David Morrell

Fast, accurate & versatile thermometer

The display is easy to read because it has large, high contrast, backlit numbers. The unit starts quickly, takes a measurement quickly & gives audible feedback to say it has done so, then shuts off to save the battery. Accuracy is probably good - at least, measurements of the same source taken within a few seconds of each other are almost always identical to within 0.1 degrees. This unit is unusual in that it can also be switched to other modes for non-contact measurement of objects at much higher and lower temperatures than the human body. Great for finding hot & cold spots when assessing energy use in buildings, for example. Show reply
Emma P.
Emma P.South East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Very good customer service

I bought an HFS100 that wasn't working properly but I contacted the company and they replaced it promptly. The new unit is great, Daniel in customer service was a pleasure to deal with. I would highly recommend purchasing from this company. Show details ·  1
Kitty Farrell
Kitty Farrell4 posts

Amazing

Easy to use, accurate, and feels like I’m living in the future. I’m the Medical Officer in Star Trek that I always dreamed of being. The ergonomic design is a bonus! Show details ·  1
Hayley
HayleyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Disappointed

I am disappointed with this product as every time I go to use it comes up with the house icon and says Lo 16 and it takes me about 5minutes to warm up the device before it will give me a reading which is very annoying. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Paul Williams
Paul Williams

Good Thermometer but would change one thing

When you turn sound off for the readings it still beeps on shutdown. Also uses an excessive amount of batteries. Could do with some extra grip as I find it slippery. Otherwise a good unit Show details ·  1
EVM
EVM

good device, good price

Fast and easy to use. Sleek design and the display is easily read. I can use it easily on my sensory defensive child, it's quiet. Uses AA batteries instead of button. Fast delivery, ordered from Oricom website. Show details ·  1
robert
robertSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

good device for home use

very usable and accurate good value for the cost and how many words doI have left to tell you any thing more but it seems to be coming up fast Show details ·  1
Nichole Salmon
Nichole Salmon

After a fair few duds, this is a winner!

After purchasing or being given several different thermometers, this one far exceeded expectation. I'm.so happy with it . We were using a traditional under the arm style but my daugther was so distraught using it during times when she was already so sick. This is much simpler, very accurate and has given me peace of mind.  Show details ·  1