Oricom HFS1000

Oricom HFS1000

Works well except..

I have found if the room temperature gets down to 16 degrees then the device doesn't measure body temperature and keeps showing " L 16c" and changes to the house symbol with a red screen and not the body temperature. Works fine above 16 degrees however so possibly a bug in the coding? Seems like this won't be too useful over winter unless the heaters are on an night.

Edit: Actually lowered my score as if this isnt fixable then it makes it far less useful.

Purchased in March 2019.

Hi there, thanks for the message. It is important to ensure that the thermometer is used in accordance with the User Guide. We would love to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.I know how to change the modes to measure body temperature, surface temperature and room temperature. I have been using it ok up until now and this has only eventuated since the colder weather kicked in. If I choose the body temperature mode (default when it powers up) the screen goes red and shows the error as stated above instead of the body temperature which it never did before. Can this device not operate properly to measure body temperature when the room temp drops to 16 degrees, or could I have a defective unit? If this is not normal behaviour then please let me know and I will call support.So I now see this (copied below) in the clauses written in the manual. Seriously? This is a major downfall for this product as for most of winter it may only be useful while the heaters are on. I never expected this device to not be able to be exposed to temperatures below 20 degrees. That should be in bold and written in the description of the device, not hidden in the manual after you've bought it. "Do not expose the product to temperatures below 20 °C"

Inaccurate readings

Yes I agree with a lot of the posts very easy to use and I Double checked I was using the product correctly multiple times, however I suspected my daughter had a fever from an ear infection. This product was reading 36.2 in both recommended checking areas but decided to take her to the doctors to be sure. The doctors thermometer was reading 37.5 and this product was still reading 36.2 and it was being checked at the same time. I find it dangerously inaccurate.

Purchased in August 2018 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $70.00.

Hi Sage, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the HFS1000 and would love to discuss with you. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Best thermometer!

The Oricom non-contact thermometer is brilliant! A great purchase and well worth the money. This is very easy to use, with just the touch of a button. I like that the screen colour changes when the temperature is out of a normal range and it provides a fast, accurate reading. I would highly recommend purchasing this thermometer!

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for taking the time to let others know of your experience with the unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Accurate Thermometer!

This thermometer is probably the only touchless thermometer that offers accurate results. it is well worth the cost for the peace of mind that it gives you and so great that you can check the temperature without disturbing the little one! I would highly recommend this product to any parent

Hi Jess, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the HFS1000. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

So excited to have a new thermometer to trust!

We’ve been using a thermometer with cap changes for years, and from unreliable readings to buying new caps all the time I was getting really fed up.
We were lucky enough to receive the Oricom Hsf 1000
- easy to use
- multiple functions
-check room, bath and children temperatures
-same answer every time
- reliable, quick
- were in love!!!!

Best thermometer we have ever used

Hi there, thanks for the message. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience with the HFS1000, and we wish you all the best with your future Oricom product use. Oricom Baby Care.

Well worth the money

I never imagined spending this much on a thermometer tbh however after purchasing a more basic temple reading one before my son was born and persevering with it till he was about 1 year while he wriggled & writhed - getting a temp reading was always painful - I wish we had known about this one & purchased sooner. We no longer require two of us to get a temp. Just point at the temple & the reading comes back in seconds. Do not hesitate with the little bit of extra cost!!

Hi there, thanks for the message. We are so glad to hear of your experience and thanks for taking the time to let others know! All the best, Oricom Baby Care

Easy and Accurate!

We started using the HFS1000 Oricom non-contact thermometer this winter and it's brilliant. You literally point it at their temple (2cm away) and in less than 2 seconds you have their temp. No more fussing around with those under arm ones that take sooo long to give you a reading. And also, it's so much more hygienic.
It has a colour coded reading which says if they have a normal, elevated or high temp. It is so easy to use!