2Oricom NFS100 Infrared Forehead

Accuracy

paigeywagey2
paigeywagey2Perth, WA3 posts

Useless produc5

10mo after purchase the battery died and after putting in the new one it is no longer accurate if It was EVER accurate. Waste of money, my daughters fever was 38.1 and this unit read 27 degrees Show details
Accuracy
Sarah
Sarah

Do not waste your money

Ours is similar to the other reviews always read around 36degrees. 13 months after purchase now no longer works and only displays message “LO”. This has always been stored in its case in the baby change table drawers so has not been exposed to any damage or excessive temperatures. Waste of $80, strongly do not recommend! Show details
Gokz
Gokz

Dont purchase

Both my kids are fighting fevers and this useless machine only shows 36 nothing else , why have this on the market if its not an accurate reader , lawsuit waiting to happen. Show details
Emma
EmmaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

If I could give it a zero I would

I’m never usually the one to write reviews, but this product is CRAP!!! My daughter had been sick and the thermometer always read 36 degrees and the doctors read 37.5. Inaccurate readings which could potentially be life threatening. Take this product off the shelves, you should be ashamed of yourselves. Show details
Oph64
Oph646 posts

Do not buy!

We bought this one when our daughter was born thinking it was the easiest way to take temperature, however we have been so disappointed. The thermometer has never been accurate. Actually both GP and hospital doctors have recommended against using it! All medical personnel actually recommend using traditional thermometer as it’s more accurate. Do not buy! Better things you can buy for $80! Show details
TulC
TulCGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Nightmare thermometer

Nightmare.
My little one was very warm and checked the temp on this and it waa 36.1 few mins later she had to be taken to the ED for febrile convulsions. when we checked she had a fever of 39.8 and this still read 36.3
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss the below with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Jess A.
Jess A.

Do not buy

My daughter had a temp of 39.2 and it said she was 36. Luckily I have others at home that are more reliable and won’t be using this one anymore. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss this one with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Tat S.
Tat S.Canberra 2600, ACT

Dangerous - do not buy this thermometer

I had similar experiences to others reviewers.
I bought this product in Feb 2021. I consistently question its reading, it always tells me my toddler is around 36. something, when it feels she's hotter. I go back to our old thermometer under the arm and her temp is always higher.
The last straw was yesterday. This product measured her temp as being 36.4...after some time I tested her with the under the arm 39.6...she became worse and close to unresponsive, went to hospital and she was recorded as 40.3! Had I trusted the initial 36.4, things would have gone worse.
Do not buy this, if you are gifted it, give it back.
Conrad
ConradPerth2 posts

Accurate & Easy to use

Very please with the Oricom Infrared Thermometer , works well and very accurate, in todays society it is a valuable piece of kit for the workplace and I highly recommend it Show details ·  1
Emma
EmmaWestern Australia

Dangerous if you have no experience with baby fevers

My 9mo was running a mild fever but her temp kept coming up as 36.6. She is my 3rd and I felt it was more around the 38C mark so I treated accordingly. We went out the next day and she was burning up, lethargic etc and tested her at the COVID check into the venue and she was 39.2. Got her home so I could get her treated and it said 36.6!!!! Rage inducing. If I was an inexperienced parent I may have taken the brand new thermometer, sold at a baby store, as gospel.  Show details

SAFETY CONCERN DO NO USE

Never been accurate once, our baby is 38.4 degrees and it still says 36.6.

Please done buy for the safety of your child. We have brought a cheaper and more reliable version.  Show details

Mummak
Mummak

Absolutely horrid

I bought this before my baby was born and never needed it. But now felt like my baby had a temp and went to use it the battery was flat. Put a new battery in it and now it's saying all temp are either lo or hi. Utter rubbish. So dangerous. Saying my baby temp was lo (below 20) when temp was actually 39.9!  Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, sorry to hear about your experience, please give our team a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, and they will be able to troubleshoot with you over the phone. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Stacey
Stacey

Do not buy

We brought this before bubs was born have barely had to use it until now, my 18month old is currently burning up but if I take her temp on her forehead it comes back with a reading of 36.4 which it normally does to myself I'm like that's not right an actual accurate reading and her temp is 38.6 very dangerous how can you still be selling this.
Oricom   DM

Hi Stacey, We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We have just sent you at message privately to try and contact you to discuss this further. Oricom Baby Care.

Mandy
MandyVictoria18 posts
Oricom   DM

Hi Mandy, thanks for the message. We would like to follow this up for you, so please message us your contact information and the team will be in touch. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Alysha W.
Alysha W.

Caution!

Last night this told me my daughter was 36.1• took her to a&e because she was burning up all over and she had a 38.8• temp! This has brand new batteries in. This has always been inaccurate but ive benchmarked against myself but last night it let me know big time. Mother knows best!
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you, so please give us a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.