14Oricom Nursery Pal Skyview Edition

3.7

R.B1s
R.B1s
  OBH650P

Horrible - worthless company that should be ashamed

If I could give 0 stars I would. Had for about 6 hours (if even) and it’s already not connecting and won’t allow us to connect parent unit to camera. Would rather cut off my own leg than ever purchase something from this company. Haven’t attempted to email for a resolution and it seems others have and it has been unsuccessful! To be returned tomorrow so a new monitor can be purchased (from a company that can produce something worthy). Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we are sorry to hear of your experience and would appreciate the opportunity to assist. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

W Kong
W Kong
  OBH650P

Not worth the extra expense

If you're looking for a baby monitor that also has a night light and a white noise generator, I would choose a different product. This monitor is fairly expensive compared to others on the market and while the video and audio quality is good, I've found that the extra features just turn off on their own, so it's not worth paying the extra money for. Oricom Support sent me a replacement camera when I reported the issue, but I experienced the same problems with it. They also tested my camera and couldn't find a fault with it, so they sent it back to me. Now I'm stuck with two faulty devices and have been unable to get a refund. If you're just after a monitor with a camera, mic and speakers, I would choose a cheaper product that this one. Show details
Overall
Elise M.
Elise M.2 posts
  OBH650P

Not with the high price tag!

Ending up purchasing another brand. Poor image quality on monitor and had to re-pair it everytime we unplugged the camera. Eventually it just stopped pairing at all. Our new tweetycam is much better! So easy to use and less expensive!
TJB
TJBSydney, NSW

Customer Service Team are Fantastic

Had an issue with my Baby Monitor. The Customer Service team were incredibly efficient and great communicators. They resolved my concern and shipped a replacement monitor in a matter of minutes. No automated call centre, spoke to real people both on the phone and via email and all were kind and helpful. Show reply
Jill
JillSydney, NSW14 posts

Great little camera

Great little camera for the nursery
The attachment arm is good for an overhead camera view, just disappointing I can not adjust the length of the pole.

The picture quality is good, the sound is a little soft

Using the app is a good way for partners to see the little ones whilst they are away (if the baby is in the cot)

The wifi only works with the lower settings (this hasn’t been an issue) Show details ·  1

Overall
Tilly
TillySouth East Queensland, QLD
  OBH650P

For the price could be better!

Thought by spending the money it would be great!

But the picture quality is pretty crap, the battery life is horrible charge only lasts a max 2-3 hours, the sound cuts in and out as well as the picture, and the monitor turns itself off but doesn’t come back on unless you turn it on… so not really 100% reliable. Show details

Oricom   DM

Hi Tilly, we are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss this further with you. Please contact our locally based support team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST.

Eric
Eric

Excellent customer service

After some research we decided to select this camera for our nursery. Setup was easy and video quality was good. However after about 3 months an issue happened with our camera. We called customer service, they answered really quickly, worked out the issue and sent us a replacement camera the next day. We super impressed with the customer service. Show details ·  1
L W.
L W.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

Not reliable

Currently awaiting a new camera to be sent out due to issues pairing with the parent monitor. This is the third major fault where the system has failed to pair for unknown reasons. We've already had a camera replaced once and the entire system replaced once also. I asked to be refunded this time because I'm completely over it and can't rely on it at all but the question was dodged and a new camera with updated firmware promised. This is the last chance. Image and audio quality good. Temperature inaccurate - shows 4 degrees warmer than actual room. Show details
Caitlyn maree
Caitlyn maree
  Verified OBH650P

Honestly by far one of the best purchases for our son

Perfect for renters or people that move around a lot or just don’t want to have to put on the wall like other monitors, monitor was extremely easy to assemble, the imaging and audio is a better then other monitors I have used, if screen dies easily accessible on phone ect, I couldn’t live without this Show details ·  1
Dee
DeeSydney, NSW

Constant Issues

I received this baby monitor as a baby shower gift and I have had trouble with the unit regularly. The connection on the monitor constantly drops out. I have tried resetting the camera several times, with no luck. Pairing button constantly stays on green with no red flashing as advised in troubleshooting. Randomly starts to work for a few weeks, then back to square one. I've seriously have had enough of this product and wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I feel terrible for selecting this product in my registry as my friend paid over $350 for it and it's definitely not worth the price. Show details
Never again
Never again4 posts

Do not recommend

Broke twice in 5 months, had it fully replaced after 3 months and then 2 months later stopped working again. Constantly connecting issues, the light and sound features never worked or randomly turned on and off on full volume.

Oricom customer service was fantastic, they replaced it brand new the first time and organised a refund within minutes the second time. Baby bunting aspley were great at helping us find a better recommended monitor and we are already so much more happy with the new VTECh one. Show details

T H P
T H PMetropolitan Adelaide, SA10 posts

Best Baby Monitor!

So easy to use, put together, love all the angles and use of the app to track. Comes with everything you need to monitor bubs, the best!!! So happy! Show details ·  1
Amanda S.
Amanda S.South-Eastern Region, NSW
  Fair Incentive OBH650P

Fabulous piece of tech for mums

This monitor and stand is absolutely amazing. To have the camera set up right above baby to keep an eye on her for all her naps is comforting. But to use it in a foreign place other than her cot, it’s easy and very simple to pull the camera off and simply take it where ever I need on its own moline stand.
The added bedtime music, talking feature and night light is perfect. The image on the monitor is in colour and very clear and the sound from the room is also clear and easy to hear.
It was simple to set up off our phones with installing the app and connecting the camera to it so we can use that instead of the monitor around our house as well.
Fantastic product !!!!!! All parents need one. Show details ·  1
Jade B.
Jade B.
  Fair Incentive OBH650P

I’ve tried a few monitors before and this is by far the best!

The best monitor I’ve ever tried. The image displayed is so clear and in such high definition. I love the Birds Eye view the cot mount offers and the red light to promote sleep is an an awesome feature. Show reply
Tayla P.
Tayla P.

Wouldn't recommend

3rd time its been replaced, same issues as the first two. Connection between the camera and monitor lost and despite trying to reset it, does nothing at all. This one lasted longer as we didn't connect it to our phones, BUT this was a feature we were really wanting and wanted to pay for, so as that isn't reliable either it wasn't worth it.
Oricom   DM

Hey Tayla, We are sorry to hear of your experience and would love to discuss this further with you. Please contact our locally based Oricom Support Team 02 4574 8888 8am-6pm Mon-Fri AEST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.