VerifiedMPN:SC875

4.1

Danae W.
Danae W.

Good not Great

Bought this monitor June 22 by September 22 the night vision in the camera stopped working, I contacted oricom support and they replaced the camera but I had to pay for shipping. Fast forward September 23 the battery had become so swollen the back of the monitor couldn’t go back on so for safety reasons bought a replacement, now the monitor isn’t charging properly. I called and again cx service is great they are sending a new monitor, I have to pay for shipping though again. So good monitor and camera when they work, but really have had to many issues for it to be worth it. Show details
Catherine
CatherineGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great camera view

Great camera, really clear and love that I can move the camera view from the monitor.
Super easy to set up too.
Oricom support has been really great to deal with and fast replies.
Thanks! Show reply
Reviewsfromme
Reviewsfromme Sydney, NSW6 posts

Oricom Staff - Marilee

Oricom are great to deal with for Warranty. I spoke with Marilee Myers and Marilee was an absolute pleasure to deal with. Made my experience so nice with the prompt responses and sending out a replacement for me as soon as possible. Thank you so much for your help. I would purchase from Oricom again. Thanks guys :) Show details ·  1
Ian S.
Ian S.Perth, WA

Lasted a week. Do not recommend

Had this monitor for a week before the monitor was dropped from the edge of the couch(not even 0.5m) and the screen was ruined.
We contacted Oricom who requested a photo and upon receiving it we were immediately told it is not covered under warranty. They told us that the monitor cannot be repaired and that the cost of a new monitor alone is $199 without a battery or a charger. We already had a second camera on the way so we will have to pay postage and repackaging fee to return that in order to purchase a new monitor + camera bundle.
Might just buy an entirely different brand after this experience Show details
Soph
SophPerth, WA

Ray
Ray

Do not buy - Battery no longer manufactured

Had the monitor for 12 months. Generally fine.
Our battery has expanded and needs to be replaced for safety reasons however there is no stock of replacement batteries, not even out of China directly. I've been told manufacturing for the batteries has ceased.
Your unit will only be useable for as long as the battery lasts at this stage.

is always out of stock, for above reasons. Show details

Carl
Carl2 posts

Solid monitor and great customer support when it didn't work

Solid device and oricom has excellent customer service. It would have been a 5 star rating but I've had to claim warranty on the camera and parent unit. In saying that though, oricom were quick to replace the units. Show reply
Em.P
Em.PSydney, NSW

Sheydin
Sheydin3 posts

Battery life could be better!

Love the camera itself, just the battery life of the monitor is useless. The camera itself has to be plugged in at all times but the monitor doesn’t even last all night, had to purchase another cord to be plugged in at all times. Show details
Vanessa Morgan
Vanessa MorganSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good monitor with only one fault

Overall this is a lovely monitor the only downside is that it doesn’t vibrate in VOX mode which is a function we loved in our old Oricom monitor. This is a function we needed to wake my husband and needed to wake a sound sleeping parent. Show details ·  1
Jem B
Jem B

Great Monitor!

Great monitor with a good range, good image quality and audio is awesome. Did have a little fall and the camera stopped working - however one call through to customer service and replacement was sent out super quick! Very happy with the service and product when in use. Show details ·  1
Granny J
Granny JSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Brilliant product

The reliability and range of this unit is excellent with simple set up and easy to follow instruction. The audio is very clear even little windy wines can be heard, and image quality is fantastic. The customer service is impeccable. Thank you Oricom Show details ·  1
Andrew C.
Andrew C.

Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would like to discuss the above with you, so please feel free to call our locally based Oricom Support on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom

Courtney B.
Courtney B.3 posts

The best monitor!!

My friend got me onto the Oricom SC875 and I’m over the moon with my purchase! I had issues with my first monitor (Oricom SC710) and I was hesitant to get another Oricom monitor, but it was the best decision I made. Picture quality is great and love how we can control the camera with the monitor. The sound is clear and it’s easy to use. Show details ·  1
Stefanie Nicolaou
Stefanie Nicolaou

Wouldn’t recommend

Monitor blacks our for random spaces of time. Monitor has poor battery life. Poor night vision compared to other brands. Registers white noise too easily and doesnt turn screen off and stays on all night. Show details
Oricom   DM

Hi there, we would like to discuss this with you to resolve. so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom.

Kyle N.
Kyle N.

Hi, how do i activate/deactivate night mode with this camera? It seems the picture at night only works if there is light in the room

ThereseG

Hi, how good is your picture quality at night? I have a vtech which is forever dropping out and stops working alllll the time. So I need a new brand. The only good thing is the night time picture with the vtech is amazing. You can see incredibly clearly. Is your product the same?

Oricom   DM

Hi there, thanks for the message. We would love to discuss this with you, so please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 02 4574 8888 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEDT, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

CategoryBaby Monitors
Price (RRP) $329
TypeVideo & Audio
FeaturesAdditional Cameras, Ambient Sounds, Lullabies, Night Light, Room Temperature Monitor and Wall-Mountable
Screen Size 5"