Has everything you need!

I am very happy with the audio and image quality on this monitor. It also has temperature reading, vibrating alerts, zoom, and the option of a black screen while you can still have the audio which is perfect for when I’m sleeping.

Purchased in October 2018 at Baby Bunting for $189.00.

Battery Life
Hi Madison, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use! Oricom Baby Care.

Purchased Today - want a refund

I just purchased this monitor today and set it up.
I have no idea if I'm doing something wrong but I've read the manual and can't get it to stay on a video feed. It shows me video for 5-10 seconds then goes to a black screen. I have to keep on pressing the button to see anything. This is unacceptable. I have a video camera so I can SEE my baby.
Also the camera can only be moved up and down not side to side when mounting it, this makes it hard for me to get a good angle.
I had a vtech which was perfect for what I needed but it had errors due to wifi issues and had to be returned.
All I want is a baby monitor that I can see my baby! Why is it so hard to get a monitor that works?
I have contacted Oricom about this issue and if it is the case that the button needs to be pressed all the time to see anything I'll be returning the camera to baby bunting for a refund.

Purchased in May 2019 at Baby Baby Online for $170.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience and it sounds like you have the VOX mode enabled, and to have the screen active full time, you will need to turn this off. Instructions on how to do this are below: The sound detection sensitivity level (VOX) of the baby monitor can be adjusted. If the baby is a quiet sleeper, the sensitivity level can be increased so that minor disturbances can be detected and transmitted to the parent unit. (1) Press <Magnifying Glass> seven times until [VOXIIII ] or OFF appears on the LCD screen. (2) Press <UP> and <DOWN> to adjust the VOX level to 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or OFF. (3) When the VOX function is on (level 1 to 5), the LCD screen will switch off (both audio and video display will shut down) if the detected sound is below the level selected for some time. (4) When using multiple cameras with VOX on and in scan mode, VOX is only activated on the selected scanned camera. This means that each camera audio level will only be checked during its 10 second active time slot. NOTE: 1/ When using VOX in scan mode, all cameras must have VOX set to on. 2/ Level 5 is the highest sensitivity level picking up the quieter sounds. 3/ The screen will wake when the noise level coming from the baby unit reaches the VOX threshold, or when any key is pressed on the parent unit. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Having a few issues

We have this monitor with two cameras. The VOX feature is great as well as the battery life. The main issues I have is firstly the lullabies. When played you can barely hear them coming out of the camera and no way to increase the volume that I have found. The other thing is the fact you can barely see anything on one of the cameras while on night vision. I’ll try to attach a photo.

Purchased in January 2019 at Baby Bunting for $260.00.

Battery Life
Hi Sarah, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing and would love to discuss with you. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in troubleshooting the issue with you and will work to provide you with a solution. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Good monitor except for a few design flaws

This monitor works well with all functions except the charging. Two issues:
- there is no warning beep for low battery (useless when you're asleep/not looking at the monitor!)
- the device doesn't work (i.e. doesn't pick up my child's cries) when the battery is low (I'm talking low, not off/flat), even though it appears to be on and you can see your baby on the screen.
Another complication is that to charge the parent unit in the cradle, you need to push the clip/desk stand in and down (hard) to lock it in, even though it looks at first like it won't fit and that pushing it will break it. I didn't do this initially, which meant that it didn't charge one night, which combined with the other two issues to mean that we didn't hear my child wake until his screams woke us up through the house hours after he'd normally wake us (even though the monitor was still actually on, just with a low battery). No idea how long he'd been crying for. Firstly, the monitor was in the cradle so I thought it was charging (but the clip stopped it. I now know how to avoid this), secondly, I'd made assumptions that it would alert me with a sound if battery was low (like my previous monitor), and that it would still work with low battery anyway (also like my previous monitor). I could still activate the screen to view my son and it appeared to be on...how can it just not alert me of his cries?? Disappointing design.

Purchased in February 2019 at Baby Bunting Physical store for $169.00.

Battery Life
Hi there, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the SC720 and would love to discuss the issues with you and the functionality of the product to ensure that the unit is maximised for your use. Please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.Hi there, I actually started my review hidden to give Oricom the opportunity to explain if I was just using it incorrectly. They helped me by explaining about the clip, so I updated my review to include this, but they advised that the two issues with the charging/battery that I mentioned are just how the system operates (i.e. there is no warning beep, and the handset doesn't work properly when low on battery). I still feel that this is poor design, so wanted to write my review for others to understand before they choose to purchase this monitor. Cheers, Liz.

Would not go without this

I bought this baby monitor at Baby Bunting, and have have been excited with the model so far. We love the VOX feature which works really well and love that White noise has been added to this model. Both womb sounds and vacuum cleaner sounds are available, alongside lullabies too!

Good battery life and option to add cameras in the future. A great little unit and perfect for what we need it for!

Hi Melissa, thanks for the message. We were glad to hear of your experience with the SC720 and thanks for the feedback. We wish you all the best with your future product use. Oricom Baby Care.

Reliable, Easy to use, Love it!

The Oricom Secure720 has been great for us! We have always liked Oricom products because we have found them to be very reliable. This monitor is no exception! The range is fantastic with no dropouts even when we are at the other end of the house. It picks up noises from bub really well and I love the addition of the White noise functions as it really makes it an all in one. Overall it is easy to use, the picture quality is clear and it’s reliable. Exactly what you need in a Baby Monitor

Hi Melissa, thanks for the message. We are so glad to hear of the experience you have had with the SC720 and appreciate the feedback. Thanks for taking the time to let others know of your experience and we wish you all the best with you future use. Oricom Baby Care

This is fantastic monitor!

This monitor has great picture quality and functionality. It’s easy to set up and use. One tip is to make sure the stand is pushed out when you put it on the charger!
It’s very sensitive to noise.
The speaker works well if you verbally need to communicate with your baby.

Hi Kaitrin, thanks for the message. We thankyou for your thoughts and feedback on the Secure720 and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Love it! Use it everyday!

This monitor is great, we use it at home and at Nana’s house. Great range in long single storey house also two storey, haven’t had it drop out. Image quality is great for a smaller screen, sound is clear. Setup was simple, and turning on and off is quick and easy. We keep it on the charger through the night and the battery then lasts us all the day naps, even with the screen on. Very happy and highly recommend. Origin are happy to answer any queries or concerns too!

Hi Rach B, thanks for the review and for taking time to let others know of your experience with the Secure720. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom Baby Care.

Can the camera be mounted on a wall?
Hi there, thanks for the message. Yes, the camera unit can be mounted to the wall. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Just purchased an oricom sc720 with two cameras. This doesn’t pick up any sound to alert us the baby is crying or making a noise in the room. We have an sc710 that picked up everything and vibrated through the night to let me know my little one was awake and making noise. So disappointed, how can the one function of this not work? Help please. This is the second attempt at a new oricom product we will be returning this month. Looks like the sc710 will have to do.
Hi Sarah, thanks for the message. Could you please give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Hi, My oricom sc710’s cameras have gradually fallen out of range and can not be detected any more. Is this a faulty issue? Regards, Leena
Hi Leena, thanks for the message. We would suggest that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist in this. Oricom Baby Care.

CategoryBaby Monitors