Oricom Secure610 Premium Digital SC610

Oricom Secure610 Premium Digital SC610

AnnaAUS

Poor customer service

I have no one idea who your reps are over the phone but they need to be retrained, i bought a 610 through a 3rd party and they exchanged it no worries they were greay sadly the replacement is still faulty so i call oricom i was told that for my troubles they would send me out the 520 the newer model to the 610 and send a prepaid slip to send my 610 back to them i get a call yoday to tell me this can't happen and they wont be doing what they said the friday of last week not only is this inconsiderate but poor customer service when i asked to speak to a supervisor i was told NO call back tomorrow... to top things off i have a 18month old and im nearing then on my second pregnancy so im in need of a baby monitor...

A.H.

A.H.Sydney

Over all good product

Pen

PenMelbourne

Frustrated and disappointed

Purchased this monitor as I don't like the idea of video monitors. Ended up having to send this model back 3 times due to the parent unit not linking, now I just use it as a night light.
I've since purchased the newer model of this (520 I think it is) for my new bub, 3 months in the parent unit didn't link so I sent it back, they replaced it with a brand new one and after 2 weeks the units won't link again today. So frustrating!!

Unhappy parent and baby

Unhappy parent and babyHERVEY BAY

Faulty unit

Purchased this monitor May 2013. I wished I researched this product carefully. The parent control unit had been playing up for example when turning on unit, all LED'S lit up and on the LCD display ABCDEFG etc as it seemed possessed , then started beeping. The only way to stop the beeping was to pull out batteries. Also the torch light turned on by itself during the night. Called ORICOM today and was advised by them that I could replace batteries if that didn't fix the problems I could purchase the parent unit again for $90, as it was out of warranty by two months. NOT HAPPY. Purchase this product only if you want to risk throwing away your money

KirstenShepparton

Disappointing unit that did not last

Purchased prior to my son's birth, as my sister had loved her oricom (an earlier model, which almost 5 years on, has not skipped a beat). Had I been able to locate the receipt post-birth, I would have returned it. Within 3 months the digital display had disappeared, and after approximately 12 months of use, the unit would no longer stay on for extended periods of time (even on mains supply). Now, after 21 months of use, it will not stay on for more than 5 minutes and I have to replace it. Extremely disappointing.

Kirsten

Poor quailty product - would not purchase this

Like others here the screen on the handset is no longer readable...which doesn't matter anymore as the on/off switch is now broken too. The on/off switch on the base unit has also been very temperamental since day one and needs to be pressed in a particular way to get it to work. Unfortunately have lost receipt or this would be returned.

Darren T
Darren T

Update - The parent unit has now been replaced by Oricom. Appreciate the level of customer service with this issue.

Cindy MacGold coast

Design flawed

Cath B

Cath BPerth

Broken unit - TERRIBLE customer service

Sick of having to phone customer service with faults

Vikki

Vikki

Sound is Great, Terrible Battery Life and Terrible Customer Service

Marlene S.Oricom

Dear Vikki, Thank you for your feedback. This information has been passed on to our Service and Support Team to allow us to refine our processes for the future. Sincerely, Oricom Baby Care

beaglemum

beaglemumAdelaide

Sound quality is good but lcd screen is terrible!

I have been using this monitor for 9 months. The sound quality is crystal clear. The handset lcd screen pixels have been slowly fading and since yesterday I only have 3 pixels on the screen so have no idea what the temperature is in nursery and how much battery I have left. Worst thing is that I got it as a gift and do not have the receipt to return it even though it is still in the warranty period :(
Crystal clear sound even in a two storey house.
lcd screen pixels fade so you have no idea of nursery temperature or handset battery life.

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi Beaglemum, We are sorry to hear you are having problems with this monitor. Please call our Customer Support Team on 02 4574 8888 or 1300 889 785 and quote your reference HL43537. Best regards, Oricom Baby Care

MonkeyBaby

I was told by Oricom that it's to do with the batteries dying. If you replace it, it should be ok after. I am in the process of getting mine replaced to see if it helps. Mine didn't last more than a year and I had the same issue

Good features but disappointing performance

Darlo

Darlo

Don't waste your money

I bought this because it is supposed to be a good brand & I liked the music options. I found the music functionality difficult to use and there was a poor selection of songs. I did like the torch functionality.
Then after two months the screen of the handset began to fade so I returned it.
Torch
Poor music selection

mav13

mav13Clarkson

Not reliable!

Stuart LGladstone

What battery life

Stuart L

These units are a joke, the latest one has only lasted less that 10 weeks. Unit want charge, and want link. Oricom stop blaming the batteries and change type or units. I will never buy Oricom again or recommend to any one

MissKatzLangwarrin, Victoria

Battery is a little dispointing :(

The units functions itself are great, however battery life is VERY poor, and the nursery unit does not have battery back up! Our battery goes flat after being off the charge for 4 hours. These two reasons are really important to me and i feel that these two issues really let the monitor down, if these were changed then the unit and its abilities would be fantastic! I also love the clarity and no fuzziness in the sound
The torch, the muting abilities, temperature etc
Battery goes flat way too quick. No battery back up for the nursery unit

MissKatz

Are you able to tell me a list of the names of the lullabys that were on this particular device please

MummaBug

MummaBugAU

Is not a long term device.

Very disappointing

We purchased this monitor, happy to spend a little more money than planned to ensure we had a monitor that would last - for our baby now and anymore we may be blessed with in the future. A month ago, when my little one was 3 months old the portable unit was not charging properly. The only way we could get it to work was to 'jimmy' the power cord into the battery pack. Now bub is 4 months and the charging unit is not working at all. I thought we were covered by the 3 year warranty only to find the battery pack only has a 30 day warranty. Not recommended at all, we wasted $200.
Initially worked well
Bad warranty service, unusable after 4 months!

Marlene S.Oricom

Thanks for your review and we are very sorry to hear of your issues with the Oricom SC610. Please contact our support team and they will be happy to assist you. Oricom support 1300 889 785 or (02) 4574 8888 and quote reference number. HL28317.

Soothing Monitor with ALL the features

MonkeyBabyPerth, WA

So far so good ;)

Love the new Oricom Secure610 we've recently purchased from Baby Expo, because our old units were very noisy. Baby unit comes with lightshow, nightlights and music. Also has Aux input for MP3. Ran a watt test, it only consumes 1.5watts which is even cheaper than running our GroEgg. Parent unit, love the remote control functions and how you can turn all the features on/off at your fingertips.
Everything so far, especially the noise interference factor. Oh wait, there are none :) Cheap to run too.

MonkeyBaby

Just found out to replace the battery for my Oricom, it'll cost $24 and the battery is only $14. Still loving the sound quality of the unit but starting to be disappointed with the product a little due to display issue and battery life.

Annaasked

I have plugged it in its on and charging for the 24hrs before removing but i have a contastat shhushng noise coning throught the unit and it only stops when i press the talk button or when mute all is on how do i stop this???? I dnt want to have it on mute when im sleeping but i dnt want to be kept awake but the constant shhhushong sound

Hi Anna,

Sorry to hear that you are having this trouble with your monitor, please call us on 1300 889 785 and quote your reference HL75225 so we can help get this sorted for you.

Kind regards,
Oricom Baby Care

Anna

I have no one idea who your reps are over the phone but they need to be retrained, i bought a 610 through a 3rd party and they exchanged it no worries they were greay sadly the replacement is still faulty so i call oricom i was told that for my troubles they would send me out the 520 the newer model to the 610 and send a prepaid slip to send my 610 back to them i get a call yoday to tell me this camt happen and theu wont be doing what theu said the friday of last week not only is this inconsiderate but poor customer service when i asked to speak to a supervisor i was told NO call back tomorrow... to top things off i have a 18month old and im nearing then on my second pregnancy so im in need of a baby monitor...

Bob G

Bob Gasked

We used our sc610 for our 1st child and were very happy with it but we have just pulled it out in preparation for our 2nd and the lcd on the handheld device is unreadable? It should still be under warranty but can't find the original receipt. What options do we have?
Regards, Bob

Cindy Mac

Hi Bob, I'm not sure. Without proof of purchase it can be hard. My advice would be to contact the customer service team at Oricom to see what they can do for you.

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi Bob G, It may be possible for the store you purchased it from to provide you with a re-print of your receipt. Please contact our Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785 for advice. Best regards, Oricom Baby Care

Charlotte Brown

Charlotte Brownasked

I have a SC310 that the receiver unit won't stay on even when sitting on the parent cradle. The red light is displayed to say it is charging and no matter how long it has charged for it won't stay on for longer than 2 mins. I have tried draining the batteries completely and then recharging and it still won't work.

Marlene S.Oricom

Hi Charlotte, It sounds like the battery may need replacing. Batteries are a consumable and, depending on use, may need to be replaced every 6-12months. To accurately identify the issue and for assistance in resolving, please call our Customer Support on 1300 889 785 and one of our friendly team will be able to help you.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryBaby Monitors