Oricom UHF300

Oricom UHF300

Cody

CodyPerth, WA

Great product, some settings hard to use

Great little UHF, works good. Only one issue! When I push the PTT button on the microphone, it emits a loud siren sound before i am able to speak thats loud in the mates cars, any way to turn this annoying noise off? Cheers

Purchased in June 2019 for $1.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Cody, thanks for the message. We appreciate the feedback and would recommend that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri, as the team will be able to assist. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

not happy jannn

not happy jannnSydney Surrounds, NSW

nice little radio easy to install and super small

just helped a family member install it, has good range using a cheaper elevated feed antenna with 4.5db whip no problems breaking squelch or anything like that, so far seems to be a solid little radio and was a great price at only around $130 on ebay brand new

Purchased in July 2019 at eBay for $130.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the review. We appreciate the feedback and wish you all the best with your future use. Oricom

LarsHunter Region, NSW

nice when working

radio when it works properly is a great radio but it randomly decides to not break squelch when using ctcss or dcs on receive. the only way to fix it is to turn radio of then back on but its a guess to when it does it so very annoying. and this is a home base cb setup so its not out in a hot and cold car.this was sent in to get fixed but i think all they did was power the unit up and check it but no thorough testing was done to fix even after telling them the problem. got cb back with same problem. i think these radios are a bit of hit and miss to get a good one.

Purchased in January 2019 at Repco.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Lars, thanks for the message. Could you please give us a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as we would like to look into this with you. Please give us a call and we can discuss. All the best, Oricom.

its now in the bin

Wayne

WayneMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great Value for money.

This little radio represents great value. It is so compact and was easy to install.
The sensitivity was good, with a good antenna placement.
It was boxed with all the bits to install, could have done with a few cable ties.
Australian company is a definite bonus with any purchase, Beaut.
Good little unit.

Purchased in June 2019 for $219.00.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Wayne, thanks for the feedback. We appreciate you taking the time to let others know of your experience. All the best, Oricom.

Jack

JackQueensland

Needs work

I bought a oricom uhf 300 a couple of months ago an was working like a charm. I decided to install a new antenna on it to upgtafe the range I tried turning the unit back on an just didn't turn back on still trying to figure out what's wrong with the unit. Would like to see what oricom has to say to fix this unit

Date PurchasedMar 2016

Mark

MarkIllawarra, NSW

Absolute Rubbish

I purchased two 200rx I have earthmoving gear I have always been GME I should have known better they both go to error mode read book sorted that but they're not a patch on a GME.
I would not recommend these radios no one can hear you properly changed the Ariel no different.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015

Gary bperth

uhf 300

my oricom uhf 300 wont work properly keeps changing colors when you turn it on I have wired it to the battery was working then started doing this what can I do to fix this problem as I'm getting pissed off with it thanks for any feedback I brought this unit from repco

Date PurchasedAug 2016
Gary b

no response from oricom mmm?????

ALHGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor reception

I purchased the kit complete with antenna and hand held etc from Repco.

I have a GME 40 channel fitted in the ute which has been there for quite some years so fitted the Oricom along side using the supplied antenna/cable etc. The receive performance was no where near as strong as the GME. Alot of clear pickups on the GME didn't even come through on the Oricom. I switched antennas thinking this the possible cause but it wasn't to be. Considering the importance of the use of these at times I thought this to be quite poor.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
ALH

Thanks for your response. I'm working 7 days a week atm so it's difficult to do any follow up. Hopefully soon I can get onto it.

marktaree

Would not recommend Oricom of any modle to anyone

i am an owner driver and have been driving trucks for thirty years i rely on communication between other drivers especially on mountain roads, "I made the mistake", of purchasing two Oricom UHF radios both different models for my two trucks the mic connections broke, got a tech too re solder them, but they kept braking, one blue up a month after the warranty ran out then the next one i purchased september last year Just went bung on me on the weekend. my Cobra CB is still WORKING and my Super Panther 40 channle am ssb CB are going strong 37 years on.
But every one else are using UHF these days yet these UHF ORICOM,S i would not give you the time of day for
one blowing up fine but two going bung im not getting another one again.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Dan

DanLaunceston

Speaker to quiet

This unit is ok i guess the speaker on it is super quiet even turned up to max volume. I had a gme 40ch that could transmit and recieve from the other side of town with the same areial 6db gme areial. But this one im lucky to transmit from the other side of a small suburb... probably will get another gme and bin the oricom

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Tom

Tomcanterbury, 8062, NZ

Oricom uhf089

I don't know about other brands of Oricom uhf radios for a vehicle but, I know my UHF 089 isn't worth the money, few months ago had it checked by a leading technican here in Christchurch, only, to be told nothing in the circuit to prevent noise, when mobile, all static, maybe these radios and others better on a farm my GME Radio, far superior all the noise filtering, but, certainly not in the Oricom radio, they had not worth the price, ofcourse, made in China

Date PurchasedSep 2013

Broken

BrokenVictoria, Australia

Great unit great price

Installed one of these in my 4x4 ute last night. Was the UHF300pk which came with the whip aerial.

Still having a muck around with the different settings but there's nothing unexpected with this except how well it performs. I was very limited for space but this little unit fits perfectly.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is have an option to choose the default for the channel/volume knob & mic buttons. Once I have a volume set I generally don't need to change it for a trip, but will flick through channels. Having select buttons on the mic is great but if I have to press the know on the unit in to use those buttons they become redundant.

Marlene S.Oricom

Thanks Broken for taking the time to review and provide that great feedback!

Good little unit. Crap instructions let it down.

Great unit. Nice and compact. Some colours are better than others for readability which could be a let down if you wanted somthing like red.
The instructions are about as useful as tits on a bull. as an example it says "press the pri button" there is no pri button.

Man Of SmokeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Radio had an audio problem, contacted Oricon regarding the problem, got no response

Man Of Smoke

Thank you for your prompt response Oricom Official. It is great to hear from you. I will definitely be in contact one of your support team within the next 24 hours. Cheers.

Chris

ChrisPerth

Good priced unit, Great customer Service

I had been using this radio once every couple of days for about a year and a half. Very easy to use and its compact size is the reason I purchased it. It developed an issue with receiving transmission, so I contacted Oricom customer support via email. After receiving a phone call from the technical department I was asked to return the radio for a repair/replacement. It was the easiest return experience I had ever had with a company. Their team was extremely quick to help me and organise the return, and from the time of me contacting them to receiving the replacement was not longer than a couple of weeks.
I would not hesitate to purchase another Oricom radio as they support their products really well.

Paul

PaulCentral Queensland, QLD

For the price...quite ok.

Marlene S.Oricom

Thanks for the review Paul. We are happy to receive all feedback and it's great to read that you have had a good experience with our company and product. Safe travels! Oricom UHF CB Radios

Good little radio

works well and was easy to install. The instructions to use are useless, and still can't work out how to set the priority channel. grrrr. I have tried to you tube it but no luck!

MeanMotherCutting

MeanMotherCuttingcarrum Downs

Response to ChookyGurl colour screen

Read reviews before purchasing and wasn't too fussed about always selecting screen colour when switching on, but soon discovered that this method worked: Select the colour you want (when in led mode) then press AND HOLD menu button for at least 2 seconds until you hear the confirmation beep. Colour choice is then held in memory as default.
Works for me anyway! Good Luck.
size, ease of installation, clarity, screen colour choice
wiring supplied not long enough and not sheathed

ChookyGurlSydney

Colour screen is a joke.

Needed a new one for the car, and wasn't real keen on the larger ones. Found this little one which looked pretty good and the ability to change the colour screen was a bonus, as some colours clash, are too bright or distracting in the cab.

Installed easily, worked well. Buttons on the top of handset handy too. But the colour changing feature is a joke. It needs to be reset EVERY time the car is turned on. Ergh

And don't bother with the manual. It's all in Engrish and missing the details you need.
Small size.
Colour changing a joke, engrish instruction manual.

Bojordan
Bojordan
ChookyGurl

Husband and I read the manual back to front, even went to forums that stated the same thing. Kept going back to original colour. But thanks anyway.

Spike Keith S.asked

I have installed a new Oricom 300 into my roof console and I'm trying to "flip" the display, but can't work out how to do it. I have watched Youtube videos and they go through this process, but they don't actually say what you have to do to make it "flip".
Can you please advise how this is done as my only other option is to take it out of the console and turn it over, which I don't want to do.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi there, thanks for the message. To arrange the flip screen, please follow the below instructions:

Menu
The Menu feature provides a convenient method of customising some of the radio’s functions. The following menu options are available. Note that some items are only available on certain channels.
1. Press and Menu/Monitor button. The first menu function displayed.
2. Press the Menu/Monitor button to cycle through each available function. After the last function has been selected, the radio automatically exits the menu.
3. Rotate the channel knob to alter the parameters of the selected function.
4. To save the changes and exit, press and hold Menu/Monitor button to exit and store any changes.

All the best, Oricom.

Spike Keith S.

Thanks for the info, it worked a treat. Now to hit the open road.

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Spike, thats awesome! Good luck!

Aaron V.

Aaron V.asked

Have had the unit for a while have gome to put it in another vehicle and the speaker is playing up. Full volume is barely audible from the unit speaker. Even with an external speaker fitted the volume at max is barely audible. Any idea what could be the issue?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Aaron, thanks for the message. We are sorry to hear this and would ask that you give our locally based Oricom Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as the team will be able to assist you in this. All the best, Oricom.

Ewan R.

Ewan R.asked

hi its ewan here im from new zealand and i brought a unit uhf 300 had it working in the car so i brought it inside hook it up and im not getting anything can you help plz and also is there a agent or agents in new zealand specially im in christchurch can you help me plz?

Oricom I.Oricom

Hi Ewan, thanks for the message. For this one, we would love to discuss with you so lease give us a call on our New Zealand Oricom Support number: 0800 674 266 Monday - Friday 10am - 8pm NZST. All the best, Oricom Baby Care.

Get an answer from our members and Oricom representatives

CategoryUHF Radios