Oricom UHF300

Oricom UHF300

Needs work

I bought a oricom uhf 300 a couple of months ago an was working like a charm. I decided to install a new antenna on it to upgtafe the range I tried turning the unit back on an just didn't turn back on still trying to figure out what's wrong with the unit. Would like to see what oricom has to say to fix this unit

Date PurchasedMar 2016
Hi Jack, thanks for getting in touch. We would love the opportunity to rectify this situation, so we would ask that you please give Oricom Customer Support a call on 1300 889 785 Mon-Fri 8am-6pm AEST, as they will be able to troubleshoot the issue and work towards providing a solution. All the best, Oricom.

Absolute Rubbish

I purchased two 200rx I have earthmoving gear I have always been GME I should have known better they both go to error mode read book sorted that but they're not a patch on a GME.
I would not recommend these radios no one can hear you properly changed the Ariel no different.

Date PurchasedFeb 2015
Hi Mark, thanks for the message. Sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing with your Oricom UHF CB radio and we would recommend that you please make contact with our dedicated Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785 as they will be able to troubleshoot the issue and work with you towards a solution. Thanks and all the best, Oricom.

uhf 300

my oricom uhf 300 wont work properly keeps changing colors when you turn it on I have wired it to the battery was working then started doing this what can I do to fix this problem as I'm getting pissed off with it thanks for any feedback I brought this unit from repco

Date PurchasedAug 2016
no response from oricom mmm?????

Poor reception

I purchased the kit complete with antenna and hand held etc from Repco.

I have a GME 40 channel fitted in the ute which has been there for quite some years so fitted the Oricom along side using the supplied antenna/cable etc. The receive performance was no where near as strong as the GME. Alot of clear pickups on the GME didn't even come through on the Oricom. I switched antennas thinking this the possible cause but it wasn't to be. Considering the importance of the use of these at times I thought this to be quite poor.

Date PurchasedOct 2016
Hi ALH, You should not have had this trouble with your radio, correctly installed (all antennas being equal) you should expect he same performance in the under same conditions. Can you give our Techies a call on 1300 889 785 so we can help you out with this? They are available 8am -6pm (AEST) Mon-Fri. Cheers, Oricom UHF CBThanks for your response. I'm working 7 days a week atm so it's difficult to do any follow up. Hopefully soon I can get onto it.

Would not recommend Oricom of any modle to anyone

i am an owner driver and have been driving trucks for thirty years i rely on communication between other drivers especially on mountain roads, "I made the mistake", of purchasing two Oricom UHF radios both different models for my two trucks the mic connections broke, got a tech too re solder them, but they kept braking, one blue up a month after the warranty ran out then the next one i purchased september last year Just went bung on me on the weekend. my Cobra CB is still WORKING and my Super Panther 40 channle am ssb CB are going strong 37 years on.
But every one else are using UHF these days yet these UHF ORICOM,S i would not give you the time of day for
one blowing up fine but two going bung im not getting another one again.

Date PurchasedSep 2015
Hi Mark, We are sad to hear you have had such a bad time with both your radios! We stand by the operation of our radios supporting them with a five year warranty. We would really like the change to help you out to try and restore your faith in the brand. Are you able to call us on 1300 889 785 and quote your reference: HL72092 so we can have your details to hand? Otherwise, please reply to our private message with your best contact number and we'll call you. Best regards, Oricom UHF CB Radiosi took the UHF to Super-Cheep autos today were i originally purchase it from last year they refunded me, i went & put the monies down on a ICOM-410PRO it may be $479.00 but i need the reliability and strength on the mountain roads my life & others depend on it my phone number LMB CARRIERS 0424652144 but i am still not imprest with the oricom

Speaker to quiet

This unit is ok i guess the speaker on it is super quiet even turned up to max volume. I had a gme 40ch that could transmit and recieve from the other side of town with the same areial 6db gme areial. But this one im lucky to transmit from the other side of a small suburb... probably will get another gme and bin the oricom

Date PurchasedSep 2016

Oricom uhf089

I don't know about other brands of Oricom uhf radios for a vehicle but, I know my UHF 089 isn't worth the money, few months ago had it checked by a leading technican here in Christchurch, only, to be told nothing in the circuit to prevent noise, when mobile, all static, maybe these radios and others better on a farm my GME Radio, far superior all the noise filtering, but, certainly not in the Oricom radio, they had not worth the price, ofcourse, made in China

Date PurchasedSep 2013
Hi Tom, It seems from the comments you have left here and on the more relevant product UHF088 (http://www.productreview.com.au/r/oricom-uhf088/615555.html) that you are unhappy with the performance of your radio and perhaps a little misunderstanding of the operation, we are sorry to hear this. The UHF088 has sufficient filtering for modern vehicles, noise can be introduced by the vehicles electrical system if suppression is failing, as this is an FM radio there may be noise on very low level signals but is normal for this type of radio. We stand by the quality and operation of our radios and as such, if there is anything you would like advice or assistance with, we hope you would give us an opportunity to work with you by contacting us on 0800 674 266. Sincerely, Oricom UHF CB Radios

Great unit great price

Installed one of these in my 4x4 ute last night. Was the UHF300pk which came with the whip aerial.

Still having a muck around with the different settings but there's nothing unexpected with this except how well it performs. I was very limited for space but this little unit fits perfectly.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is have an option to choose the default for the channel/volume knob & mic buttons. Once I have a volume set I generally don't need to change it for a trip, but will flick through channels. Having select buttons on the mic is great but if I have to press the know on the unit in to use those buttons they become redundant.

Thanks Broken for taking the time to review and provide that great feedback!

Good little unit. Crap instructions let it down.

Great unit. Nice and compact. Some colours are better than others for readability which could be a let down if you wanted somthing like red.
The instructions are about as useful as tits on a bull. as an example it says "press the pri button" there is no pri button.

Hi Matt, thanks for taking the time to provide feedback and we're glad you're mostly happy with radio. Check the legend on page 7 of the user guide, it shows the location of the PRI button (at position 12). If there are other areas that need clarification please let us know. You can also call our Customer Support Team on 1300 889 785. Cheers, Oricom UHF CB Radios http://www.oricom.com.au/media/upload/file/guides/UHF300.pdf

Radio had an audio problem, contacted Oricon regarding the problem, got no response

I've been in CB radio since the mid 70's. I still remember when the first Aussie UHF radio hit the market here back in '78, the Philips FM320, so I'm certainly no noob where expected radio transceiver performance is concerned. Anyway, on to this Oricon UHF300. A cute tiny little radio, good in most respects for it's size except that the audio on my unit is much too bassy, & there's also not enough treble. I looked for, but couldn't find, any adjustment on the unit that will fix the problem. It's so bad that it's almost impossible to understand what other UHF users are saying, even with a good quality external speaker connected. I lodged a complaint about the poor audio situation with Oricon (via their website, or via their FB page, I can't remember which) immediately I identified the problem, which was shortly after I purchased the radio. I got no response from them, & then, unfortunately, some essential 'real life' things got in the way got in the way of me following up my ignored complaint. As I had other proven-reliable UHF radios available to use, I just started re-using one of them instead, & wrote off my whole Oricon experience as a mistake not to be made again. :-(

Thanks for your review. Unfortunately, we have no record of your complaint and would really like to work with you to investigate the audio problem you are experiencing with your radio. Oricom in-vehicle radios are covered by a 5 year warranty so please contact our support team on 1300 889 785 or (02) 4574 8888, support@oricom.com.au and they will be happy to assist.Thank you for your prompt response Oricom Official. It is great to hear from you. I will definitely be in contact one of your support team within the next 24 hours. Cheers.Hello again Oricom Official. This morning, I connected an old horn speaker from an old, now defunct, alarm system to my UHF300 (rather than the 'proper' general purpose extension speaker that I'd used first time), & gave it another go, as horn speakers, by their nature, provide a much more 'trebley' sound than a 'proper' extension speaker. I thought that it might 'do the trick' in addressing my previous 'too bassy, & not enough treble' UHF300 audio concern, & to a currently acceptable extent, it has. Rather than go through all the usual 'return the unit to the manufacturer' business, I've decided, for the moment, to give it another go 'as is', but connected to this old horn speaker. Should my 'fix' end up not proving to be adequate, I will definitely contact one of your support team members as you suggested. Again, thanks for your prompt response yesterday.

Good priced unit, Great customer Service

I had been using this radio once every couple of days for about a year and a half. Very easy to use and its compact size is the reason I purchased it. It developed an issue with receiving transmission, so I contacted Oricom customer support via email. After receiving a phone call from the technical department I was asked to return the radio for a repair/replacement. It was the easiest return experience I had ever had with a company. Their team was extremely quick to help me and organise the return, and from the time of me contacting them to receiving the replacement was not longer than a couple of weeks.
I would not hesitate to purchase another Oricom radio as they support their products really well.

For the price...quite ok.

I have had a CB radio in my vehicles since the early 70's and I have found the Oricom product quite ok, it is priced at the lower end of the scale so you get what you pay for, in our situation we use it when travelling with caravan in tow...we sit on Ch 18 and have a sign on our van that says so...we turn the squelch up to the point where we will only hear anyone calling with-in a very short distance...used this way it works perfectly. When we brought or Oricom UHF we got a 40 channel model but after about 6 months it kept shutting down, I contacted Oricom and they had me return it to a Sydney address, less than a week later we received a new 80 channel model as a replacement. That was some 3 years ago now and the new one works well. Reading the comments one feels that people don't always take the time to read the operators manual, ie the very first one critiques the Oricom as he cant set the PRI channel...read the manual!!...lol

Thanks for the review Paul. We are happy to receive all feedback and it's great to read that you have had a good experience with our company and product. Safe travels! Oricom UHF CB Radios

Good little radio

works well and was easy to install. The instructions to use are useless, and still can't work out how to set the priority channel. grrrr. I have tried to you tube it but no luck!

Hi Count, are you having trouble following the instrucitons in the User Guide? http://www.oricom.com.au/media/upload/file/guides/UHF300.pdf Give us a call on 02 4574 8888 or 1300 889 785 and we'll walk you through step-by-step. Cheers, Oricom UHF CB Radios

Response to ChookyGurl colour screen

Read reviews before purchasing and wasn't too fussed about always selecting screen colour when switching on, but soon discovered that this method worked: Select the colour you want (when in led mode) then press AND HOLD menu button for at least 2 seconds until you hear the confirmation beep. Colour choice is then held in memory as default.
Works for me anyway! Good Luck.
size, ease of installation, clarity, screen colour choice
wiring supplied not long enough and not sheathed

Colour screen is a joke.

Needed a new one for the car, and wasn't real keen on the larger ones. Found this little one which looked pretty good and the ability to change the colour screen was a bonus, as some colours clash, are too bright or distracting in the cab.

Installed easily, worked well. Buttons on the top of handset handy too. But the colour changing feature is a joke. It needs to be reset EVERY time the car is turned on. Ergh

And don't bother with the manual. It's all in Engrish and missing the details you need.
Small size.
Colour changing a joke, engrish instruction manual.

I just enquired with oricom and they stated that you have to push and hold the menu button for 2 seconds to save the colour you want and then it will remain the same each time you turn the car on and off. I hope you tried to do this before you wrote a negative review, because I bloody hate people that give negative reviews when they haven't tried to rectify issues first.Husband and I read the manual back to front, even went to forums that stated the same thing. Kept going back to original colour. But thanks anyway.