Ozito Silent Shredder 2400W

Ozito Silent Shredder 2400W

See the Best Garden Shredders in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Unhappy Phil

Unhappy PhilGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Jammed on third branch

The Ozito schredder jams and you can't get into where the cutter is to clear it.
I bought this Ozito shredder at Bunnings and assembled it, following the instructions carefully including setting the cutter gap. Turned it on and shredded the first branch which was about 12 mm diameter. I did a great job. Tried the second branch at 20 mm diameter. It did a great job again. Tried a third branch at 305mm diameter and it started to shred but then jammed. So I followed what the instructions said and switched the motor to reverse to try to get the branch back out. The motor didn't move. Tried pulling the branch out - it wouldn't come. Then rang Ozito, who helpfully said that all it could do was return to Bunnings, which I did do.

Purchased in November 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $299.00.

Ian N.

Ian N.Southern and Hills, SA

Dies as soon as warranty expires

This shredder worked a treat until about a month after warranty expired and then (it appears) the switch has died. So now I have to order a new switch. Hopefully that will solve problem, but not happy that I have to go to this much trouble. Ive got other things i prefer to do. I should have bought more expensive shredder in first place

Absolutely fantastic

Bought the Ozito 2400W shredder model RSH-2435 for $225. Wow what a machine. Not really silent but it sure shreds fast and gives you very fine shavings for the garden. Shreds anything - green and dry up to 40mm or what anything that fits down th slot - all at a fast rate. Had to modify the collector bag though as has only 2 handles and when getting full alowed overflow. Thourougly recommend!!

Purchased in October 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for $225.00.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for palm fronds

Had it for about five years now. Been faultless and never had to replace any parts
If you have palm trees in your yard its indispensable
You can shred the fronds so they can fit into the bin quickly and easily.

Purchased in July 2014 at Bunnings Warehouse for $150.00.

Peoples Advocate

Peoples AdvocatePerth, WA

all of our ozito electric tool burn out within a year and unable to locate the receipt

I agree only lasted less then a year but unable to find the receipt choked felt cheated we did not do anything unusual you only get what you pay for

Purchased for $150.00.

Andrew Y.Darling Downs, QLD

Good but not as good as Bunnings made out on purchase.

The way they explained, it ran and spun like a proper wood chipper. It slowly rolls and will only mulch dead solid sticks. Not worth nearly $400... Bunnings should stop taking our business for granted.

Purchased in February 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for $369.00.

Blade Durability

This is a case of bad engineering

The blades lose their sharpness in a very short time, I have had mine a year and am on the third set. And now they’re out of stock. This machinery is useless, don’t buy one.

Purchased in June 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for $165.00.

JimboPerth, WA

Self feeding wonder

I have had this for nearly 8 years now and it still goes great. It makes a nice coarse mulch that does not blow away in the wind. It can bog down on juts wet leaves, so feed in slowly and it's OK.

Purchased in May 2011 at Bunnings Warehouse for $399.00.

BarryCanberra, ACT, 2611

This is a chipper, not a shredder.

Purchased in November 2018.

Willie

WilliePeregian Beach

Both original and replacement jammed irretrievably

Handy sized tool which claims to shred palm fronds. Disappointed when mine jammed on green, leafy sticks and failed to respond to trouble-shooting routine. Replaced cheerfully but new machine failed in exactly the same way within minutes. My money was refunded without a fuss. I'd like to have been more positive!

Date PurchasedJan 2019

David Swann

David SwannSydney, NSW

Useless on freshly cut leafy branches- only good on DRY branches or sticks with no leaves

Date PurchasedJan 2019

thomas

thomas

wasted money

if you are even THINKING of buying one of these DON'T WAST YOUR MONEY OR YOUR TIME LOOKING AT IT. it does not perform as shown in videos. if I could return mine I would do so right now. for $309 it is a TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY. the money would have been BETTER spent on a new motor for my ROVER mulcher

Date PurchasedOct 2018

grl8862

grl8862NSW, 2263

Marketing Dept makes it unclear what these machines do

Date PurchasedMar 2017

Keith

KeithPerth

Recommended if you need a shredder.

Date PurchasedSep 2018
Keith

KeithHunter Region, NSW

Excellent product for the price

We purchased this with a few hesitations but were assured it is up to the task for general mulching around the backyard.
What a surprise, it is actually quite for a mulcher and can be used for hours without annoying surrounding neighbours.
This can handle 20-25mm branches with ease, the only item that can block it are long tough grass style plants/leaves.
As with any mulcher just let the machine do the work and do not force it or over load it and you wont have a problem.
We have had this for nearly a year now and has handled everything we have put through it without an issue.
Highly recommended for the price.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

rubbish

Jammed within 10 minutes of purchase on a 30 mm green branch.Then the reverse function didn't work. Unable to remove the branch. The machine was unusable and was returned to the point of sale.
This machine is a poor copy of my old german mulcher machine which lasted 10 years.
Don't waste your time

Date PurchasedSep 2018

chylld1

chylld1Sydney, NSW

Amazingly effective

We have a lot of fallen branches and overgrown bamboo to shred, and this shredder pulverises them into a fraction of the apparent volume. It's very quiet (although not silent) and makes mince meat of any branch (fresh or dead/dry) that fits through the opening.

The unit is quite heavy and feels a bit off-balance when being wheeled around, but at least it does come with wheels and it can be transported easily, however moving it up/down stairs is definitely easier with 2 people.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

Robyn

Robyn

Excellent with palm leaves

I have had this for a while.
Pro
I have a lot of palms in the yard. This thing mulches them and I use it in the garden. It has paid for itself in the time I have had it.
Con
The mulch is course due to the technique used. It does not like fresh green waste. It was not expensive, and I will wear it out in another year.

Would I buy another one? Definitely. This one paid for itself.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Saladbar

SaladbarMelbourne

Excellent to assist with garden waste disposal.

This is now an essential gardening tool in my back and front yard. I was blown away by how much time and effort it saved me, and how much extra garden waste I could fit into my green bin each fortnight.

If you are looking for petite and attractive mulch for the garden, I would probably steer clear. But if you are currently loathing the idea of standing next to you green waste win with a pair of pruners having to chop everything up to fit in, do yourself a favour and invest in one of these. I just put a 44L flexible plastic tub underneath it to catch what it spits out and tip that into the green waste bin every couple of minutes.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

did what i want

I bought this product to use on my palm leaves and other sticks at a regular property and it did everything $309 at Bunnings can't go wrong. It reduced the mess in my yard from the whole front yard down to a few square metres I chipped it up quite small. So far I've been using it for 5 hours straight and it hasn't broken

Date PurchasedJul 2018

Lilian  E

Lilian Easked

I need something with a wide hopper rather than a narrow feed - for shredding/ chipping dry leaves and twigs - from both eucalyptus trees and autumn foliage from deciduous trees.
I need it to be compact and electric for home garden use.
Is there such a thing - what would you recommend?

Avro
Avro

I used to have a Rover and it was superb. The blades could be sharpened and would take anything including palm leaves

hema

hemaasked

my ozito only turns in reverse direction even after using the switch to run in forward direction. What can be the cause.

Andrew Y.

The switch musn't be reengaging back to forward. Clean the switch with compressed air and spray some silicone lubricant behind it, only a small amount... You also have to let it completely stop before selecting back the forward position.

Jimbo

These cheap motors can run backwards, just give it a tap in either direction using the direction switch until it comes good.

Seamus K.

Seamus K.asked

I noticed that the belt rsh-100 a small thin cheaply made belt is not on your list of spares anyone with half a brain would know it's the weakest link on the shredder but you don't want to supply it why?
Footnote:all other parts you supply are unlikely to fail is this why you list them in the user manual
A reply would be good dated 21-04-19

Jimbo

Why are you asking a product review website for manufacturer help?

Mark Sims
Mark Sims

There are no belts in the silent shredder. In fact, there are no belts in either ozito mulcher.

Get an answer from our members and Ozito representatives

CategoryGarden Shredders