Body Lotion, Bronze instant, Body Spray
See the Best Self-Tanning Products in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Palmer's? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

• Creates natural colour

• Moisturising formula

• Doesn't stain clothes

Cons

• Sometimes causes itchiness

• Causes Irritation Yes (1) · No (2)
  • Stains ClothesYes (0) · No (3)
  • Colour
  • Smell
  • Ease of Application
  • Coverage

Allergic reaction

An hour it took an hour or so to apply why and and within in half an hour it was dry.. the next morning I was itching and I noticed a red rash I came up in hives caused by the horrendous smell and chemicals used in this product.. avoid this product it's taken over two-and-a-half weeks to clear my skin.. should be taken off the market

Purchased in June 2021 for $6.99.

Jane
JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wouldn’t repurchase

Average gradual tanner, nothing stood out for me. The smell is that horrible fake tan smell that you try to avoid when buying these sort of products. It’s quite sticky and not fast drying. Colour wise it is ok but honestly I wouldn’t repurchase.

Purchased at Woolworths.

Colour

Haven’t been without it since I bought it!

I love this product! It doesn’t have that typical tan smell - it genuinely does smell nice. I love the shade as it really looks like a dark tan and it doesn’t turn out pale and streaky like other gradual tanners I’ve tried.

Purchased in January 2019.

Lou
Lou

Good but smells awful

I do like this product however the smell is very off putting. As a result I won’t be buying this again. I am referring to the Natural tan body lotion.

Self-Tanning Products

Find out how Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze compares to other Self-Tanning Products

Stinks!! Itchy!! Rash!

Didn't take long to apply dried very quick but with minutes of putting it on the backs of my knees were on fire! Came out in a red rash and really irritated! Had to jump straight in the shower to wash it all off! Burning sensation stopped but rash is still there and feels irritated. I dont have sensitive skin at all and have genuinely never had a reaction to a skin product in my life and I've tried alot!!

Joanne
JoanneBlackburn

Would not re buy this!!!!

Thought I'd have a change from the dove tanning moisturiser. Little did I know that I'd wake up like a zebra. I applied it in the exact same way I applied the dove but got the result of a zebra. Not a good look in 'shorts' season.

Sairs
SairsNortheast, VIC

Good product..Be patient!

Christie
Christie

New user - seems pretty good

My skin is naturally a little tan so I've never been interested or seen the point in a fake tan, until this summer for some reason. I bought the Palmers lotion a few days ago and I've used it 2-3 times immediately after showering and drying off. I have sensitive, irritable skin at the best of times, and often get itchy for no reason (well I'm sure there's a reason but I don't know what it is, my washing powder or something maybe). This product has not made me itchy, has not stained my clothes/sheets, and, so far, doesn't appear to be patchy. I use 2 pumps on each leg, and 1 pump for both arms. The smell is a bit strong upon application, but unnoticeable especially after putting on deodorant, perfume etc.

Ali
AliAuckland

Streak Free Instant Lasting Tan!

I was surprised that such an instant tan would be so even and such a nice colour! It also surprised me and lasts multiple showers! It doesn’t take hours to cure and doesn’t come off in clothes. I am very very impressed.

Self-Tanning Products

First time using it, keen to see the results. Don't see any immediate tan but hopeful for the results. I put on around two layers on my skin, so this stuff is just a bit sticky. But it's good

Badgamer1967
Badgamer1967South East Queensland, QLD

Stinks... literally

the scent is so strong its overpowering to the point you want to wash it off after half an hour, on the plus side it dries quickly but the tanning results were not that impressive compared to Dove gradual tanning alternative

Jasz
JaszHull

I'm orange and smelly

You can do better

the smell is like JUST BEARABLE. patchy if you don't spend a good 30mins trying to get an even application. good thing about it is it doesn't stain the bed sheets

Jen
Jen

Makes me itchy

I have sensitive skin so a lot of products make me itch but having read the reviews here it seems I'm not alone. It's a shame cause I don't mind the smell and it gives a really naturally looking tan. But I can't stand the itch.

Love it!

Margaret M.
Margaret M.asked
Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Where can you buy this item in Melbourne suburbs

Nancy R.
Nancy R.asked
Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze

Why do Palmer's products smell so strong? What can I add to reduce the small?

Natasha V.
Natasha V.asked
Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze Body Spray

After sprayed !! How long must i wait before i can take a bath?

See all Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze questions

Features:

• Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze is a gradual tanning moisturiser that can be used daily for a natural glow.
  • It contains cocoa butter and vitamin E to nourish dry skin and keep it smooth and healthy - offering up to 24 hours of moisture.
  • The Natural Bronze lotion is marketed as suitable for all skin tones.
  • The formula is paraben & phthalate free, making it gentle on the skin and more likely to be suitable for those with sensitive skin.
  • The Natural Bronze lotion is also available in a coconut oil formula, for those who prefer a different consistency. Instead of using cocoa butter, the Natural Bronze Coconut Oil Gradual Tanning Moisturiser uses coconut oil, coconut water, coconut milk, tahitian monoi oil, sweet almond oil, and marine seaweed.

Points of praise:

• Many reviewers found that the gradual tanner left them with a natural-looking tan.
  • They also appreciated how moisturising the formula was, saying that it didn’t leave them dry as many other self-tanners did.
  • According to reviewers, the product didn’t transfer onto their clothes or sheets.

A point of pain:

• Some reviewers found that this product made them itch or develop a rash, even for some who didn’t have sensitive skin. If you purchase this product, it's a good idea to perform a patch test on a small area of skin before applying it to your whole body to see if you get a reaction.
Compare all 3 Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Natural Bronze