Panasonic KX-TG682 Series
Listing monitored by Panasonic

FamilyVMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great quality wireless handset

Needs new rechargeable batteries from time to time, but that is OK as they are standard AA batteries. We use this handset in combination with a base handset station and a few other similar handsets, each with their own docking/charging station. Overall good though I have heard that DECT technology is not good for health?

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi and thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do appreciate the 4 star review. We aren't aware of any health concerns related to DECT technology.

John13Perth, WA

Value for money, it cannot be beaten.

Purchased in November 2018.

Kat
KatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Purchased this cordless phone on special to replace an old Telstra cordless. It's easy to use with good size buttons and it's good that it has a little icon on the screen to say I have a message on my 101 message bank.
The phone also has a loud speaker button making it easy for conference calling or talking hands free.
The caller id is great, it allows me to see who's calling, or I can filter who I pick the phone up too. If I have missed a call I can check the number or search the number that tried calling. Adding numbers into the phones phonebook is simple.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Kat, thank you for taking the time to provide the great feedback on your new cordless phone.

Ian2015
Ian2015Perth, WA

A Simple To Use And Set Up NBN (VoIP) Phone

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

paulneriKingston 2604, ACT

But Jury still out...

Only just set the 'phone up and still to use.
Pluses: (1) pad easy to use even for someone with big fingers; (2) pad is well lit; (3) instructor's voice is clear
Minuses: (1) seemingly odd symbols with no obvious connection to the relevant function (but I'm not a smart-phone user); (2) instructions for basic phone/answering-machine functions were hard to glean from the mass of instructions. Surely phone manufacturers could devote part of the instructions to basic functions and the rest to advanced functions? I doubt I'll use 95% of the functions the phone is capable of and I think that would be the experience of a lot of people.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Dotti
DottiMullumbimby

Very disappointed, the screen goes blank 3 weeks after purchase and makes the phone practically usel

This is the second time this happens, i bought the first one in August this year and after about 3 weeks of usage the screen suddenly went blank and made the phone practically useless, you can't see the time and phone numbers dialled, all the settings incl. dial tone, setting up and changing features is impossible.
I returned it to the Harvey Norman Store and they happily replaced it without fuss. Now the exact same thing happened with the new one, i'm very disappointed with this phone which promised to be a simple and compact unit.
I had a few Panasonic phones in the past and never had a problem with any of them.
It seems that the quality has drastically dropped, maybe due to the change in ownership?

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Wizard_aus
Wizard_ausMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Works well as a phone

Easy to set up,
Sound quality OK.
Small footprint so it doesn't need much space.
Works with NBN modem / router.
Menu system could be a little easier to use, but have never found a cordless phone any different.
Certainly was value for money as other makes were more expensive.

Date PurchasedAug 2017
George
GeorgePort Pirie

Good Product

Purchased to work with my new NBN FTTN VOIP service which it does perfectly.
My VTech with supposed caller id wouldn't work properly and felt cheap.
The Caller ID on the Panasonic works and the phones feel like I have obtained value for money.
Easy to use and program with.

Date PurchasedJune 2017

John M.
John M.Fadden 2904, ACT

Charging Adaptor failure

Despite the phone unit being under warranty, one of the charging adaptor cables went u/s. Panasonic does not regard these as part of the warranty, does not stock them in Australia and a distributor they referred me to gave an approximate quote of $59 for a single replacement cable (without which the phone cannot be charged) and a five weeks wait for delivery. This is just $5 less than I paid for the entire unit with phones, cables and answering device. Don't rely on Panasonic spare parts.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016

power2004
power2004Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not that great

Bought these as my old phone finally died works great in every way except the volume is to low even when turned up to high and its very difficult to hear the other person,i found I had to go into a quiet bedroom and shut the door to try and hear what they were saying very annoying since my old phone was loud and I could have a conversation while the tv was on and kids were making a racket.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Joeyrecovery
JoeyrecoverySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

Very happy with the product so far, only been using for a week or so so it's a bit hard to tell you much about it at the present. Quality seens very good, answering machine works fine and clarity is good as well. Panasonic is a brand that I trust.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

MartyvH
MartyvHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works great with NBN VoIP

Phone cord goes into the Tel port of the ISP-supplied modem, if the modem has a VoIP function. Call quality on this end is just as good as, if not better than, the old phone service. But on the other end, people say my voice is amazingly clear. But I don't think this phone's feature of working in a power outage will work on NBN because NBN phone calls (which are all VoIP) go through the Internet connection, which goes down with the modem when there's no electricity. Oh well...

Date PurchasedDec 2015

CassAU

It is reasonably good value for the price

I had this phone for more than 2 yrs. No problem and happy with it until yesterday. The hand set claimed that there is no power connected to "The Base" even the power supply is ok. After buying a replacement unit to use, I opened up the Base to visually have a look, I discovered that there were live 6 small cockroaches quietly hidden inside. Presumably they got in when they are much more tiny and may be stuck there or get in/get out daily for food ? They all got terminated with a gentle short insect pray (all inside a plastic bag) ... They could have eaten the wires (5V) or shorted something inside to cause the fault... Still working on it to see if the phone can be revived. !

Lizzy S
Lizzy SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Waste Your Money

Bought these to replace an older set because we were unable to hear the caller. These were even worse!!! I am cross because I now have to re-visit the store which is 45 minutes away, half a day of my time wasted. Absolute rubbish, I am disappointed with Panasonic for allowing such inferior product on the shelves.

Pennie M
Pennie M

Dreadful!

Cordless phones seem to be getting worse. We seem to replace ours on a regular basis nearly every year as something always seems to go wrong with them.
I always thought Panasonic was the best. This one is unbelievable you can hardly hear the person talking on the other end of the line. I don't know what to buy now. It is a real problem.