John13Perth, WA

Value for money, it cannot be beaten.

Purchased in November 2018.

Kat

KatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to use

Purchased this cordless phone on special to replace an old Telstra cordless. It's easy to use with good size buttons and it's good that it has a little icon on the screen to say I have a message on my 101 message bank.
The phone also has a loud speaker button making it easy for conference calling or talking hands free.
The caller id is great, it allows me to see who's calling, or I can filter who I pick the phone up too. If I have missed a call I can check the number or search the number that tried calling. Adding numbers into the phones phonebook is simple.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Kat, thank you for taking the time to provide the great feedback on your new cordless phone.

Ian2015

Ian2015Perth, WA

A Simple To Use And Set Up NBN (VoIP) Phone

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

paulneriKingston 2604, ACT

But Jury still out...

Only just set the 'phone up and still to use.
Pluses: (1) pad easy to use even for someone with big fingers; (2) pad is well lit; (3) instructor's voice is clear
Minuses: (1) seemingly odd symbols with no obvious connection to the relevant function (but I'm not a smart-phone user); (2) instructions for basic phone/answering-machine functions were hard to glean from the mass of instructions. Surely phone manufacturers could devote part of the instructions to basic functions and the rest to advanced functions? I doubt I'll use 95% of the functions the phone is capable of and I think that would be the experience of a lot of people.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Dotti

DottiMullumbimby

Very disappointed, the screen goes blank 3 weeks after purchase and makes the phone practically usel

This is the second time this happens, i bought the first one in August this year and after about 3 weeks of usage the screen suddenly went blank and made the phone practically useless, you can't see the time and phone numbers dialled, all the settings incl. dial tone, setting up and changing features is impossible.
I returned it to the Harvey Norman Store and they happily replaced it without fuss. Now the exact same thing happened with the new one, i'm very disappointed with this phone which promised to be a simple and compact unit.
I had a few Panasonic phones in the past and never had a problem with any of them.
It seems that the quality has drastically dropped, maybe due to the change in ownership?

Date PurchasedAug 2017

Wizard_aus

Wizard_ausSouth Australia, 5162

Works well as a phone

Easy to set up,
Sound quality OK.
Small footprint so it doesn't need much space.
Works with NBN modem / router.
Menu system could be a little easier to use, but have never found a cordless phone any different.
Certainly was value for money as other makes were more expensive.

Date PurchasedAug 2017

George

GeorgePort Pirie

Good Product

Purchased to work with my new NBN FTTN VOIP service which it does perfectly.
My VTech with supposed caller id wouldn't work properly and felt cheap.
The Caller ID on the Panasonic works and the phones feel like I have obtained value for money.
Easy to use and program with.

Date PurchasedJun 2017

John M.

John M.Fadden 2904, ACT

Charging Adaptor failure

Despite the phone unit being under warranty, one of the charging adaptor cables went u/s. Panasonic does not regard these as part of the warranty, does not stock them in Australia and a distributor they referred me to gave an approximate quote of $59 for a single replacement cable (without which the phone cannot be charged) and a five weeks wait for delivery. This is just $5 less than I paid for the entire unit with phones, cables and answering device. Don't rely on Panasonic spare parts.

Date PurchasedFeb 2016
power2004

power2004Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not that great

Bought these as my old phone finally died works great in every way except the volume is to low even when turned up to high and its very difficult to hear the other person,i found I had to go into a quiet bedroom and shut the door to try and hear what they were saying very annoying since my old phone was loud and I could have a conversation while the tv was on and kids were making a racket.

Date PurchasedApr 2016
Joeyrecovery

JoeyrecoverySouth East Queensland, QLD

Good product

Very happy with the product so far, only been using for a week or so so it's a bit hard to tell you much about it at the present. Quality seens very good, answering machine works fine and clarity is good as well. Panasonic is a brand that I trust.

Date PurchasedOct 2016

MartyvH

MartyvHMooloolaba, Qld.

Works great with NBN VoIP

Phone cord goes into the Tel port of the ISP-supplied modem, if the modem has a VoIP function. Call quality on this end is just as good as, if not better than, the old phone service. But on the other end, people say my voice is amazingly clear. But I don't think this phone's feature of working in a power outage will work on NBN because NBN phone calls (which are all VoIP) go through the Internet connection, which goes down with the modem when there's no electricity. Oh well...

Date PurchasedDec 2015

CassAU

It is reasonably good value for the price

I had this phone for more than 2 yrs. No problem and happy with it until yesterday. The hand set claimed that there is no power connected to "The Base" even the power supply is ok. After buying a replacement unit to use, I opened up the Base to visually have a look, I discovered that there were live 6 small cockroaches quietly hidden inside. Presumably they got in when they are much more tiny and may be stuck there or get in/get out daily for food ? They all got terminated with a gentle short insect pray (all inside a plastic bag) ... They could have eaten the wires (5V) or shorted something inside to cause the fault... Still working on it to see if the phone can be revived. !

Lizzy S

Lizzy SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not Waste Your Money

Bought these to replace an older set because we were unable to hear the caller. These were even worse!!! I am cross because I now have to re-visit the store which is 45 minutes away, half a day of my time wasted. Absolute rubbish, I am disappointed with Panasonic for allowing such inferior product on the shelves.

Dreadful!

Cordless phones seem to be getting worse. We seem to replace ours on a regular basis nearly every year as something always seems to go wrong with them.
I always thought Panasonic was the best. This one is unbelievable you can hardly hear the person talking on the other end of the line. I don't know what to buy now. It is a real problem.

Died Just Out Of Warranty Again

The latest in a long line of cordless handsets that only last just beyond the warranty. This phone is also the worst in terms of annoying beeps, bleeps, etc. The charger connection seems to also be unreliable. Paid $15 for a new battery but no change. Now the handset just goes blank without life. Even if it works sometimes the numbers can't be identified by the phone when pressed.

ANGIE C

ANGIE CQueensland, 4124

Masterpiece of Rubbish

kjmsei

kjmseiAU

Worst phone ever don't buy it.

gregm

gregmGosford

dont buy this if you want to use it

After buying this phone, it immediately became apparent it injects constant white noise ( a "shhhhhhh") sound into itself, being audible through the ear piece, and the speaker of the base unit. It is also audible in messages, and behind the built in voice of the unit.
During a call, the white noise can only be heard by you, not the other party. As such, it will drown out their conversation, and you'll find yourself asking them to repeat themselves over and over again as you could not clearly hear what they were saying.
I would not recommend this phone at all. It's going back for repair. In the mean time, I think I'll go buy a Uniden.

Yvonne R

Yvonne RPerth WA

Quite Good

Once you work out how to use it I find it very compact and cost saving. Got it at a good price and find it fairly reliable. The idea of the answering system is great as you can turn it off & on when needed and any messages are easily detectable.
Inexpensive to buy and to use
Quite difficult to work out info from the manual but have eventually managed

Gwenda Jarred

Gwenda Jarredasked

KX-TG6822ALB (2 Handsets)

how do I re-record answering message. It has disappeared since being connected to NBN.
Also I need to change incoming call rings to 9 (as before) - not 7 as it has been before NBN.

bilnrobnasked

KX-TG6822ALB (2 Handsets)

I bought one of these units recently and have one problem. When setting the time I set it to our local time, GMT-8 hours. It stays that way for about a day and then the time changes to two hours fast. That happens to be Eastern Australian Time. I can't get it to display our local time despite trying setting it to our time less two hours, (so when it does its "correction" it would display our time, but that didn't work). There doesn't seem to be a setting by time zone, just manually entering it, but the "correction" always takes it to EST. Anyone able to tell me how to overcome this?

bilnrobn

No answers yet, but I've solved it anyway. If you have a similar problem look here: http://eng-au.faq.panasonic.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43080/kw/Time%20setting/p/1638/c/45134

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Bilnrobn, sorry we couldn't get back to you in time but glad to see you found the answer to resolve your issue directly.

bilnrobn

Yep, think I've nailed it. The solution was easy to find and to put to use once I worked out where to look.

Cadagi

Cadagiasked

where are this 'phone's instructions for use

John13

In the box it came in. I found the instructions to be informative, and easy to follow. Hopefully you did not discard the OEM box with those instructions. Failing that, I believe there is a download available on the Panasonic website.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Cadagi, you will find the operating instructions at the bottom of the product page on our website.

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

Panasonic KX-TG6822ALB (3 Handsets)

Panasonic KX-TG6822ALB (3 Handsets)

1 review
Panasonic KX-TG6821ALB (1 Handset)

Panasonic KX-TG6821ALB (1 Handset)

Panasonic KX-TG6822ALB (2 Handsets)

Panasonic KX-TG6822ALB (2 Handsets)

CategoryHome PhonesHome PhonesHome Phones