Panasonic NN-ST64JW

Panasonic NN-ST64JW

MPN: NN-ST64JWQPQ

Microwaves Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of microwave would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

Jacquie

JacquieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Microwave - The best ever we've had

Bought this in January 2019. Good unit and very powerful. I love the butter softening function. No more liquid butter! Just preset the weight of butter and the microwave automatically softens it perfectly. A caveat though, that at 1200W Inverter, it's extremly powerful and will boil over milk and hot drinks within one minute if using the manual setting or Quick 30sec button. I learnt the hard way with that! Excellent.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for A$275.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jacquie, thanks for the review and the positive feedback, we love hearing great reviews on our microwaves. Some great recipes we would love to share with you https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/microwave-oven/

Kaz

Kaz

Fantastic

Quiet, easy to use, reliable. Have always only had Panasonic microwave and would never buy another brand. Great quality. Heats food evenly and perfectly. Good price too. Would highly recommend.

Purchased in November 2019.

Robert B.

Robert B.

Value for money

Purchased in April 2020. Reliable and heats evenly. Multiple functions, variable heating options and quiet. Blends into my kitchen and has large 32 litre capacity. However, lighting is poor inside. Well recommended.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Robert, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do appreciate it. We have some great recipe ideas that you might be interested in trying out in your microwave.

Microwaves

Find out how Panasonic NN-ST64JW compares to other Microwaves

Corey Z.

Corey Z.South West, WA

Control pannel confusion

Control pannel unlike previous model won't let me select a time and start. I can only select the 30 sec up to 5 mins , it's very confusing unless it's broken I can't be sure

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for A$2.20.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Corey, we would be happy to talk to you thru the operation of your microwave. Please contact us on 132600 for further assistance.

Tim WSydney, NSW

Great Microwave

I've used Panasonic microwaves before and thought they're well made and easy to use.
That's why I bought this one.
It comes with a comprehensive instruction manual which tells you how to cook lots of stuff. I'll check that out one day but for now I mainly cook vegetables in it.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for A$199.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to provide such positive feedback and thank you for your loyalty to Panasonic. Another great site for cooking is our ideas kitchen. https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/microwave-oven/

ChrisNSydney, NSW

Basic features for a microwave. Nothing special

Have used this for over 2 weeks. Seems to be able to do the basic function of heating up food evenly without affecting the quality of the food. I am disappointed in the program/features. My previous Samsung microwave had the option to turn off the beeping sound but this one does not. Secondly, it is not easy to use as it does not have a number pad. The quick 30s button is not easy to find and lacks user friendliness.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$190.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Chris, thank you for the review and the feedback on what changes you would like to see moving forward on the next models

mareMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New best friend

Cooked my first chicken wings corn on cob and green beans..came out better and fresher than restaurant quality..and quicker than doing the conventional way, 15 mins all up..very impressed with this good size, fairly simple to use 32lt microwave..got from Harvey Norman $195 click and pick up.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman gepps cross for A$195.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mare, thanks for the great feedback. It's great to hear the cooking success you have had with your microwave. For some great cooking ideas, please check out the following website

Why is the cool down function removed?

This is the first microwave I have had that does not run the fan to cool down after cooking. It leaves lots and lots of condensation inside and I need to wipe this down after cooking. A real hassle.
Why was the cool down function removed? Or is my machine faulty? I did try to find out from the store from which I purchased my oven (Harvey Norman), but they couldn't help, only send a technician, and if nothing wrong I'd have to pay, even though only one month old.

Purchased in May 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny, the cool mode isn't available on every microwave, however you do not need to be concerned about this not being on your machine, it is still a reliable machine.

Peter P

Peter PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheap and compact but has a few limitations

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for A$178.20.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Peter, thank you for the detailed feedback you have provided. We will certainly review the feedback you have provided with our R&D team.

Microwaves

Find out how Panasonic NN-ST64JW compares to other Microwaves

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as I expected it to be

Purchased in April 2019.

njwood60

njwood60AU

My opinion

Jukayasked

Our Panasonic Genius Inverter Microwave has, after faultlessly performing for 14 years, finally decided not to run for more than 3 seconds. We checked all the internal wire connections and the back of the front control panel for any suspicious solder connections, but everything seems o.k..
Do you have any suggestions what the problem could be? Is there a quick fix? Can it be re-set? We'd like to keep it, but if it needs a new control board or something else major, we would reluctantly have to replace it.
Regards, Jurgen Giess

Hello jurgen

My advice: buy a new one. 14 years is a pretty good innings.

Jukay

Good advice Tim, you are right.
All my life, I have repaired mechanical, electrical and electronic things, not so much to save money but to learn, how things work. It was always a very satisfying hobby, a welcome distraction instead of working in R&D designing steam plants, aircraft loading machinery, saw mills, solar panels, manufacturing industrial diamonds etc..

Two weeks ago, I reluctantly dumped our only 5 year old washing machine and bought a new one. The cost for a new control panel would have been $ 410 incl. freight but excl. labour (my time). The new washing machine cost was $650. It's just 2 tanks of petrol for the car.
The other way I look at things now is: The cost of the old microwave was say about $400 divided by 14 year = $28.50 / year, which is the price of a KFC take-away.
I am writing this, so that others who will read this, may reconsider repairing things. Modern economy has made many of us throw-away consumers. It'll be interesting to see, how or if the 'Coronavirus pandemic' will change this?

Thanks again and best regards

Jurgen Giess

Selena P.

Selena P.asked

Does the Quick 30 button start cooking instantly or do you then need to press Start?

Jenny B
Jenny B

You need to press the Start button after selecting 30 sec.

mare

Yes you do need to push start, great button for a quick burst of heating something

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives