Panasonic NN-ST64JW

Listing monitored by Panasonic

AndyC
AndyCPerth, WA

Crap product & service?

Bought from Myer May 2019 and it worked well until one month ago (May 2021). Then it started sparking and strong electrical burning smell. I stopped using it as it felt unsafe. My previous microwave oven worked for well over 10 years. This one just two years. As I do FIFO work it has hardly been used. I called Myer to replace under Consumer Guarantee as I expected it to last at least 10 years. Myer handballed me to Panasonic to deal with (legal?). I called Panasonic yesterday and still have not heard back. Very disappointed as I switched to Panasonic on Myer recommendation.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer for $239.00.

Joe M.
Joe M.Sydney, NSW

Rusted interior after 18 months

Purchased in may 2019. Never vented well after 2 min porridge cook and lots of condensation. The cook power seems OK. Food cooked evenly but as usual need to stir.

Purchased in May 2019 at Harvey Norman.

PatrishSydney, NSW

Seems a good microwave

Mine is only a few weeks old but they the film on the touch pad is bubbling. Can the film be removed and still have the instructions printed on the pad?

Purchased in May 2021 at The Good Guys for $259.00.

Sue2
Sue2AU

Does the job

Having had my last Panasonic microwave for over 17 years and being happy with it, I decided to stick with the brand and purchased this inverter model (which I managed to buy for the same price as my old oven 17 years ago). This one is louder than my old one and, when using full power, you cannot just enter the cooking time straight from the time pads, you have to press the Micro Power pad first, so an extra step for whatever reason. I have been using it now for nearly 2 months and so far I am happy with it.

Purchased in December 2020.

AndySydney Surrounds, NSW

Works OK, but not a good microwave.

Bought this 32L to replace my old Panasonic 32L that only lasted 10 years. Disappointed to see the inside is dark grey with a very small light that looks like an LED, so can't see the food or if it needs a wipe or if anything has splashed. Also twice as noisy as the old one. Seems to work OK though. Also miss not having the cool down function like the old one had. No number pad either. Seems Panasonic products are getting worse, not better. Poor design.

Purchased in September 2020 at Appliances Online for $225.00.

Kaz
Kaz

Died after 6 months.

After leaving a 5 star feedback on the 7th May this year, I now need to change this. Power trips as soon as the microwave is turned on. No longer made so they will attempt to repair it. Not happy with that. It's only 6 months old!! Now I have to wait for 4-6 weeks before I know if it can be repaired, or I will get a refund. And if repaired, what will happen to the warranty then?? Don't think I will risk another Panasonic. My last one lasted over 10 years! Looks like Panasonic is not as good as it used to be.

Purchased in December 2019 at Myer Online Store for $191.20.

Jacquie
JacquieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent Microwave - The best ever we've had

Bought this in January 2019. Good unit and very powerful. I love the butter softening function. No more liquid butter! Just preset the weight of butter and the microwave automatically softens it perfectly. A caveat though, that at 1200W Inverter, it's extremly powerful and will boil over milk and hot drinks within one minute if using the manual setting or Quick 30sec button. I learnt the hard way with that! Excellent.

Purchased in January 2019 at The Good Guys for $275.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jacquie, thanks for the review and the positive feedback, we love hearing great reviews on our microwaves. Some great recipes we would love to share with you https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/microwave-oven/

The top-rated kitchen appliances for 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-top-rated-kitchen-appliances-for-2020
Fridge and Dishwasher Awards for 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
fridge-and-dishwasher-awards-for-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
Robert B.
Robert B.

Value for money

Purchased in April 2020. Reliable and heats evenly. Multiple functions, variable heating options and quiet. Blends into my kitchen and has large 32 litre capacity. However, lighting is poor inside. Well recommended.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Robert, thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback, we do appreciate it. We have some great recipe ideas that you might be interested in trying out in your microwave.

Corey Z.
Corey Z.South West, WA

Control pannel confusion

Control pannel unlike previous model won't let me select a time and start. I can only select the 30 sec up to 5 mins , it's very confusing unless it's broken I can't be sure

Purchased in May 2020 at Harvey Norman Retail Stores - Appliances for $2.20.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Corey, we would be happy to talk to you thru the operation of your microwave. Please contact us on 132600 for further assistance.

Tim WSydney, NSW

Great Microwave

I've used Panasonic microwaves before and thought they're well made and easy to use.
That's why I bought this one.
It comes with a comprehensive instruction manual which tells you how to cook lots of stuff. I'll check that out one day but for now I mainly cook vegetables in it.

Purchased in December 2019 at The Good Guys Online store for $199.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Tim, thanks for taking the time to provide such positive feedback and thank you for your loyalty to Panasonic. Another great site for cooking is our ideas kitchen. https://www.theideaskitchen.com.au/category/recipes/microwave-oven/

ChrisNSydney, NSW

Basic features for a microwave. Nothing special

Have used this for over 2 weeks. Seems to be able to do the basic function of heating up food evenly without affecting the quality of the food. I am disappointed in the program/features. My previous Samsung microwave had the option to turn off the beeping sound but this one does not. Secondly, it is not easy to use as it does not have a number pad. The quick 30s button is not easy to find and lacks user friendliness.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman for $190.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Chris, thank you for the review and the feedback on what changes you would like to see moving forward on the next models

mareMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

New best friend

Cooked my first chicken wings corn on cob and green beans..came out better and fresher than restaurant quality..and quicker than doing the conventional way, 15 mins all up..very impressed with this good size, fairly simple to use 32lt microwave..got from Harvey Norman $195 click and pick up.

Purchased in August 2019 at Harvey Norman gepps cross for $195.00.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Mare, thanks for the great feedback. It's great to hear the cooking success you have had with your microwave. For some great cooking ideas, please check out the following website

Find out how Panasonic NN-ST64JW compares to other Microwaves

Why is the cool down function removed?

This is the first microwave I have had that does not run the fan to cool down after cooking. It leaves lots and lots of condensation inside and I need to wipe this down after cooking. A real hassle.
Why was the cool down function removed? Or is my machine faulty? I did try to find out from the store from which I purchased my oven (Harvey Norman), but they couldn't help, only send a technician, and if nothing wrong I'd have to pay, even though only one month old.

Purchased in May 2019.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Jenny, the cool mode isn't available on every microwave, however you do not need to be concerned about this not being on your machine, it is still a reliable machine.

Peter P
Peter PGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Cheap and compact but has a few limitations

Purchased in December 2018 at The Good Guys for $178.20.

Panasonic Australia C.Panasonic

Hi Peter, thank you for the detailed feedback you have provided. We will certainly review the feedback you have provided with our R&D team.

Peter
PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not as good as I expected it to be

Purchased in April 2019.

Patrishasked

Does the thin film over the keypad come off? If I take it off - it’s bubbling - will I be left without printing ? Is the printing only on the film over the keypad?

Andy

The plastic is just for protection against scratching when it's new so it keeps looking new.
You can remove it.

Jukayasked

Our Panasonic Genius Inverter Microwave has, after faultlessly performing for 14 years, finally decided not to run for more than 3 seconds. We checked all the internal wire connections and the back of the front control panel for any suspicious solder connections, but everything seems o.k..
Do you have any suggestions what the problem could be? Is there a quick fix? Can it be re-set? We'd like to keep it, but if it needs a new control board or something else major, we would reluctantly have to replace it.
Regards, Jurgen Giess

Hello jurgen

My advice: buy a new one. 14 years is a pretty good innings.

Jukay

Good advice Tim, you are right.
All my life, I have repaired mechanical, electrical and electronic things, not so much to save money but to learn, how things work. It was always a very satisfying hobby, a welcome distraction instead of working in R&D designing steam plants, aircraft loading machinery, saw mills, solar panels, manufacturing industrial diamonds etc..

Two weeks ago, I reluctantly dumped our only 5 year old washing machine and bought a new one. The cost for a new control panel would have been $ 410 incl. freight but excl. labour (my time). The new washing machine cost was $650. It's just 2 tanks of petrol for the car.
The other way I look at things now is: The cost of the old microwave was say about $400 divided by 14 year = $28.50 / year, which is the price of a KFC take-away.
I am writing this, so that others who will read this, may reconsider repairing things. Modern economy has made many of us throw-away consumers. It'll be interesting to see, how or if the 'Coronavirus pandemic' will change this?

Thanks again and best regards

Jurgen Giess

Selena P.
Selena P.asked

Does the Quick 30 button start cooking instantly or do you then need to press Start?

Jenny B
Jenny B

You need to press the Start button after selecting 30 sec.

mare

Yes you do need to push start, great button for a quick burst of heating something

Get an answer from our members and Panasonic representatives

CategoryMicrowaves