Pedigree Dental Dog Treats

Pedigree Dental Dog Treats

DentaFlex and DentaStix

Made my puppy ill

I bought a box of the green dentastix for my 6month old puppy and he was vomiting what looked like green pebbles, I looked closely and I worked out what it was, I thought maybe they didn't agree with him but normally he would just get diarrhoea not vomit, it wasn't until I looked online and found this page that I realised I wasn't the only one with a poorly dog! Don't touch them! My pup won't even eat his food now, hopefully he won't need to go to the vets for anything! Sorry in advance if the image upsets anyone, I just want people to see what it does!

Purchased in June 2019 for $5.00.

Made my Dog Vomit

I sadly gave my dog her first dental stick, which resulted in her vomiting several hrs later. Took her 4 days to recover from this. I'll never feed her this again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

Cautious 5 stars

I've been giving my dog dentastix for years. He loves them and he always gets remarks from the vet on the quality of his teeth. I buy in bulk though so I've only just run out of the old kind. I'm now really apprehensive to buy more. Not sure I even want to try.

Purchased in September 2018.

Nope, never again

I bought Pedigree Dental for my 5 dogs. Within 24 hours, 2 of my 5 dogs have developed diarrhea. I threw the entire box out. Now both of my dogs are on meds and bland diets until their belly settles down. The vet agreed that the dental chews caused the flare up. He suggested never buy over the counter dental chews for your dog. Never again will I risk my dog's health buying dental chews of any brand. Only vet cleanings in the future.

Purchased in May 2019 for $14.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Very bad product

Very bad product, the bad reviews are true. Made my puppy sick, can’t even be bothered going into detail, ridiculous they even put this on the shelves, definitely understand why they are cheap and we’re on special, just don’t purchase it, go for greenies as a dental treat(only).

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

an average dog treat

This dog treat helped me in training my dog, i have a mixed breed shih tsu and daschuand and my fur baby seems to love it. He seemed to be more attentive and follows my command. One tip though, please give this as a treat not a meal.

Purchased in April 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Beware New formula

Our Border Collie that had ZERO health issues and used to love Dentastix bur earlier this year we got the new "improved formula". Within 45 minutes of consumption she was vomiting which got worse during the afternoon. Vet visit and Injection to stop vomiting. Late that night and next morning explosive diarreah and more vomiting and super lethargic. Never seen our dog looks so bad > Back to vet again . Contacted manufacturer who we sent a sample to. 4 months later get a letter stating that they have had no other reports of issues and investigation showed no relatable cause.

Purchased in February 2019.

My dog loves this!

My dog looks forward to his treat everday, the new packaging and ingrediant formulation is better. It is lower in fat and good ratio of protein and good for weight concious dogs. I stock up in boxes when they go on special for $12.00 in large breed.

Purchased in April 2019 for $12.00.

RE-CALL the Product--

I don't know if the formula has changed but I have been using the DentalStix for some time now, my dog does like them but something has definitely changed. It was only that I was actually looking for something else that I stumbled across these reviews which ticked a lot of the boxes for the symptoms I was seeing. My dog went off her food, there was the vomiting and then the stomach cramps. The stomach cramps were the un-explainable until now. My dog could be just lying down then would yelp for no apparent reason, I was thinking insect bite or something, but happened about three/four times. The dog has been off the Stix for a about 4 days and is returning to normal. Three boxes of these as per the image attached will be going in the bin.. Wouldn't advise you use the product as it could be detrimental to you pet. Further to this I DO NOT trust any PEDIGREE products now.

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Side Effects Yes

Taking my dogs off dentastix as of tomorrow

I’ve given these to my 14 year old Jack Russell who has a heart condition and my tiny 3kg Chihuahua. I’m in Australia so we’re still on the old formula and both my dogs love them. Sorry Pedigree but I just can’t take the risk. My Jack Russell was given 3-4 days to live 5 weeks ago. I’m not willing to lose her one day earlier than I have to. Pedigree, you need to say something and more importantly DO something about the reactions these poor dogs have had from the ‘improved’ formula. You’re not just making dogs sick, you’re breaking peoples hearts.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA.

Side Effects No

How is this allowed to be sold

Started giving this product to my dog. And every time he has 1 within a couple of hours he starts to vomit and get diarrhoea. I don’t know how these meet any animal health standards and I don’t understand how they can still be sold in our stores. Not impressed

Purchased in February 2019 at Woolworths for $3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects Yes

My dog’s teeth are great

My dog Crank has been getting a dentastix everyday for 11 years he has never had an upset stomach and has beautiful healthy teeth along with a healthy shiny coat

Purchased in January 2019.

Side Effects No

Sudden runs and stomach cramping

Was advised by our vet to feed our dog the next size up. Did so and it's resulted in a bad case of the runs and obvious discomfort. Now withdrawn them all together and things are back to normal

Purchased in January 2019.

My dogs go crazy

My dogs go crazy for these dentastix. They always chew them up so quickly it’s an easy way for me to keep their teeth clean. They also have a meaty kind of smell and they love that also. I have a German Shepard and a Husky.

Purchased in January 2018 for $15.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Side Effects No

You would not believe what new dentastix can do to your dog..

Do not give your dogs dentastix I can't score a 0..... These nearly killed my dog.. She became so ill, lethargic, water diarrhea, she was so sick, I took her to the vets where she was so dehydrated they had to keep her in, they gave her fluids and intravenous antibiotics thinking it was infection, we went to get her from vets in the morning and they said you need to prepare for the worse... We nursed her at home syringing water into her mouth, and even spoke about putting her down.. Anyway she picked up and a couple of days later the sparkle came back into her eyes, she started eating and was fine. I gave her a dentastix and bam back down again, water diarrhea just laid in her bed.. I though no the infection is back.. I laid in bed that night and thought I wonder if its dentastix, couple of days later she was fine again.. I left it a month until she was fit and I gave her a quarter of a dentastix and again violent diarrhea again... I have contacted dentastix and they aren't bothered and intend taking this further.

Purchased in December 2018.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult

Sudden diarrhea

Thank goodness for this forum otherwise I would be stressing myself out trying to figure out what's going on (or tons of money at the vet). My dog developed sudden, explosive diarrhea overnight (no other symptoms; still strong appetite with lots of energy), and the only change to his diet was the Dentastix. I put two and two together and stumbled across this forum and see others had similar experiences. I tossed these immediately after reading the reviews. My dog seems to be slowly improving after taking the Dentastix away. Funny thing, my dog consumed these in the past with no symptoms; so, I agree with others that the formula probably changed.

Dog can not stomach new formula dentasticks

As per lots of similar comments our westies have eaten denta sticks for years recently refused to eat them eventually eating one and vomited within 10 min if so many similar comments why no comment from pedigree.

No more dentastix for my dog

My 6 yrs old dog loved dentastix. Never had a problem. We bought the new package a month ago and our dog vomits every single time he eats it. He stops eating and 10hrs later he vomits. We check if that really is his beloved treats and yes it is. We throw almost 2 full packages. No more.

Vom vom everywhere!

My German shepherd used to enjoy these, but over the past week has been sick 4 times and by using process of elimination these are what making her ill. She won't be having any more.

Diarrhea

My small dog used to love these. She would get two as her snack at night. She started with diarrhea and ended up with Colitis. I stopped the treats because I had her on a restricted diet to clear up her Colitis. Last night since was back to normal I gave her the Dentastix treats. Bam, this morning she has diarrhea AGAIN. Never giving these to her again.