Pedigree Dental Dog Treats

Pedigree Dental Dog Treats

DentaFlex and DentaStix

0 stars If possible

My large dog loves eating these treats, but she will eat most things. After a couple of days of the bacon flavor treats she has explosive, bloody, liquid diarrhea. She can’t even make it to the door sometimes! It’s so sad. We are on day 4 and heading to the vet tonight because it’s taking a toll on her and she’s very lethargic, not herself :(

Purchased in August 2019.

Made my 10 month old Lab puppy very ill

Gave all 3 of my Labs the Dentastixs. The boys were fine, my baby is very ill. Diarrhea for the last 48 hours. And not wanting to eat,that’s a problem for a Lab.

Purchased in August 2019 for $3.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

My little Dog is now on its death Bed

We prey the Vet at Bristol can help Her. We are now sure that Dentasticks have considerably caused or contributed to Pancreatitus, so Far our Vet bills are around £3000 and rising, money isn't the issue, here we have almost killed here with love giving her a stick a day sometimes 2 as a treat. What a treat I will never forgive myself for these actions.

Purchased in April 2019 for $2.00.

Lexi

LexiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suddenly a Very sick dog

My mini schnauzer has eaten these for years. But for the last month has been violently sick and messed every night. Last night no chew.. No mess. Speaks for itself.

Made my dog sick

I have given these to my pups in the past but now their stomachs are upset bad with bloody diarrhea and the smell of the product is bad. Bought at Costco. Don't buy. Stick with carrots and vet dental checkups.

Purchased in July 2019 for $30.00.

Smell
Side Effects Yes

Made my dog vomit

My very healthy dog became extremely unwell after eating this product, vomiting and drooling. The vet gave him an anti nausea injection, and said not to feed the DentaStix to him again. He recovered thankfully and I threw the pack out.

Purchased in July 2019 at Coles Supermarkets for $5.00.

Staffy mum

Staffy mumMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Made dog have bloody stools

My dogs have been eating them for years. Dog got runs with blood in it. She refused to eat them. Makes me wonder if they have changed formula. She has been fine since not eating them.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $30.00.

Amy

AmyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

My boy absolutely loves them!

Been giving these to my 6yr old boy for years everyday and they have never given him an upset belly or made him ill in the whole time he's had them

Side Effects No

Gave all 4 of my dogs diarrhea and vomiting, I will sue them if any thing happens to my dogs

Yes they liked them, yes terrible reaction, please don’t buy these for your dogs, it makes them sick with diarrhea and vomiting, my poor babies, I will sue purina if I have too.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco for $12.00.

Puddles of drool

My dog loves the Dentastix but when I gave him one, he would drool puddles and seemed anxious or uncomfortable, as if he had nausea. I stopped giving him Dentastix and he no longer drools excessively.

Purchased in June 2019.

Made my puppy ill

I bought a box of the green dentastix for my 6month old puppy and he was vomiting what looked like green pebbles, I looked closely and I worked out what it was, I thought maybe they didn't agree with him but normally he would just get diarrhoea not vomit, it wasn't until I looked online and found this page that I realised I wasn't the only one with a poorly dog! Don't touch them! My pup won't even eat his food now, hopefully he won't need to go to the vets for anything! Sorry in advance if the image upsets anyone, I just want people to see what it does!

Purchased in June 2019 for $5.00.

Sandie C.

Sandie C.South East Queensland, QLD

Made my Dog Vomit

I sadly gave my dog her first dental stick, which resulted in her vomiting several hrs later. Took her 4 days to recover from this. I'll never feed her this again.

Purchased in June 2019 at Woolworths for $5.00.

reegee

reegeePerth, WA

Cautious 5 stars

I've been giving my dog dentastix for years. He loves them and he always gets remarks from the vet on the quality of his teeth. I buy in bulk though so I've only just run out of the old kind. I'm now really apprehensive to buy more. Not sure I even want to try.

Purchased in September 2018.

Nope, never again

I bought Pedigree Dental for my 5 dogs. Within 24 hours, 2 of my 5 dogs have developed diarrhea. I threw the entire box out. Now both of my dogs are on meds and bland diets until their belly settles down. The vet agreed that the dental chews caused the flare up. He suggested never buy over the counter dental chews for your dog. Never again will I risk my dog's health buying dental chews of any brand. Only vet cleanings in the future.

Purchased in May 2019 for $14.00.

Smell
Pet's Life StageAdult
Simone

SimoneVictoria

Very bad product

Very bad product, the bad reviews are true. Made my puppy sick, can’t even be bothered going into detail, ridiculous they even put this on the shelves, definitely understand why they are cheap and we’re on special, just don’t purchase it, go for greenies as a dental treat(only).

Purchased in May 2019 at Woolworths.

Jennalyn B.

Jennalyn B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

an average dog treat

This dog treat helped me in training my dog, i have a mixed breed shih tsu and daschuand and my fur baby seems to love it. He seemed to be more attentive and follows my command. One tip though, please give this as a treat not a meal.

Purchased in April 2019.

Smell
Pet's Life StagePuppy/Kitten

Mike

MikeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Beware New formula

Our Border Collie that had ZERO health issues and used to love Dentastix bur earlier this year we got the new "improved formula". Within 45 minutes of consumption she was vomiting which got worse during the afternoon. Vet visit and Injection to stop vomiting. Late that night and next morning explosive diarreah and more vomiting and super lethargic. Never seen our dog looks so bad > Back to vet again . Contacted manufacturer who we sent a sample to. 4 months later get a letter stating that they have had no other reports of issues and investigation showed no relatable cause.

Purchased in February 2019.

Sonja

SonjaSouth East Queensland, QLD

My dog loves this!

My dog looks forward to his treat everday, the new packaging and ingrediant formulation is better. It is lower in fat and good ratio of protein and good for weight concious dogs. I stock up in boxes when they go on special for $12.00 in large breed.

Purchased in April 2019 for $12.00.

RE-CALL the Product--

Purchased in February 2019 for $12.00.

Syl

SylPerth, WA

Taking my dogs off dentastix as of tomorrow

I’ve given these to my 14 year old Jack Russell who has a heart condition and my tiny 3kg Chihuahua. I’m in Australia so we’re still on the old formula and both my dogs love them. Sorry Pedigree but I just can’t take the risk. My Jack Russell was given 3-4 days to live 5 weeks ago. I’m not willing to lose her one day earlier than I have to. Pedigree, you need to say something and more importantly DO something about the reactions these poor dogs have had from the ‘improved’ formula. You’re not just making dogs sick, you’re breaking peoples hearts.

Purchased in February 2019 at IGA.