Petbarn Pet Insurance

Essential, Ultimate, Saver Plus (See All)
Listing monitored by Petbarn

2.7
  • Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (1)
    • 1-2 months (1)
    • 3+ months (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (0) · No (2)
Jacqueline
JacquelineSydney, NSW

Disappointing

I've had a policy for almost 2 years but have never been able to make a claim and they often ignore my contact. I started finally being able to process my first claim a month ago but they ask for additional documents which I reply to and they pretend they never receive and so the circle goes round and round. Tried calling the hotline but the system hangs up on me before I can reach a human. I've asked asked cancel the policy several times if they won't help me me claims, but they won't cancel the policy either. Next stop ombudsman I guess. Disgusting experience. Bunch of crooks.

Meagan P.PetbarnSend a private message
SMcSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT USE!!! THEIVING MONGRELS

SMc

I have already spoken to a manager. It was she who advised the 19% increase was 'within the increase limits'.
You should be ashamed of yourselves!

Jayde F.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Stay away - Awful customer service and do not pay claims

We lodged a simple claim which took 1 month and 3 follow up calls to get resolved after I've paid premiums for 2 years without a single claim - I was repetitively told that the vet hadn't sent through the details when they had. They use an international call centre who has no idea what they are talking about. My claim wasn't paid as they split out the general visit with the specific biopsy and changed me double excess.
I'm currently trying to cancel and have been on hold for 20 minutes. Awful awful customer service and don't payout.
Look elsewhere.

Jayde F.

Just to confirm Petbarns awful customer service - I sent them an email straight after I received the above comment and still haven't heard anything back. Beyond disappointing.

DeniseSydney, NSW

Terrible, still waiting for payment.

Absolutely terrible, still waiting nearly a month later for reimbursement for a straight forward claim, every excuse under the sun, shocking customer service, blaming the vets for not forwarding documents that I have already supplied with claim. Continue giving me the run around and still not paid.

Denise

I have sent 2 emails and called twice, both times I was told someone would return my call but no call back which is why I have written this review.

Pet Insurance

Find out how Petbarn Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

Julia
Julia

Really Happy

I only purchased pet insurance from Petbarn In December last year and they have been excellent. We have claimed several times and the process of claiming was easy and everything we claimed was covered. Highly recommend!

ShelleyB
ShelleyB

Very pleased

I just wanted to leave positive feedback regarding our Petbarn pet insurance. After my dog needed intensive veterinary care I'm so relieved that Petbarn actually did what our policy said they would do. When signing up for pet insurance you never know if it is going to be legitimate or if you're going to get stooged. I'm so relieved to say that claiming was a straightforward and smooth process and the response from Petbarn was really quick. This helped to alleviate some of the stress that arises when a pet is unwell. Thus I highly recommend Petbarn pet insurance based on our positive experiences.

Madelaine S
Madelaine SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Love Petbarn Insurance

I received a booklet of discounts from them, easy claims process. Never regretted switching from a previous pet insurance to Petbarn. Kudos team!