Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If you're a pet owner, you probably agree there’s nothing worse than your dog or cat getting sick or hurt. But what happens when vet bills are sky high? Pet insurance can grant you peace of mind, helping your pet get the treatment they deserve, without sending you broke.

Read now

HGbs

HGbs

Can't confirm how to waive my pet existing illness and other conditions , after the waiting period and deadline

Roz Flint

Roz FlintSouth East Queensland, QLD

Such A Purfect Pet Insurer

I have just now signed up to insure my spoodle with Knose. They are awesome to deal with, their premiums are affordable and their rebates appear transparent and fair. I will not state my previous insurer but Knose are the complete opposite in EVERY regard.

Number of Pets-1 pets

Hi Roz.
Thank you for the kind review. We are glad to have you as a customer!

Review collected in partnership with Knose

So happy to be with Knose!

We have just picked up our 8 week old Cavoodle male puppy Dougie. After much researching and going by a lot of fantastic recommendations we decided to insure him through Knose, it is an Australian based company with knowledgeable people behind it. The pricing too is incomparable, we are very happy. My first experience with customer service was fantastic, thank you for your help and looking forward to knowing our boy will be looked after by a great company!

bluemountainkiwi

bluemountainkiwi

Unable to log in

Very quick to promise the world and take your money however since doing this I have been unable to log into my account to do anything. Numerous errors and issues in doing so. Majority of vets have no record of Knose so unable to lodge claim through vet. Would stick with other more known insurers simply because you know what you are in for. Too many unknowns with Knose.

Cassandra S.

Cassandra S.South East Queensland, QLD

First time experience with Pet Insurance

Claim DateAugust 2020

K K.

K K.Canberra Central 2601, ACT

Knose pet insurance worth the $

Claim DateAugust 2020

Review collected in partnership with Knose

Customer service needs to be more trained in the terms and conditions.

LesMac

LesMacGippsland, VIC

Impressed by quick and easy claim processing

We are pleased that we insured our dog Mackie with Knose, which is a fairly new pet insurance company. Our first claim was so simple to lodge online and the process and resolution was very prompt.
Thank you.

Claim DateJuly 2020

Peace of mind

Good value policy which was easy to set up. I have claimed several times which has been really easy to do and reimbursement has been prompt.

We joined when we got our puppy. She was 11 weeks old and is nearly eight months old now.

Number of Pets-1 pets

Sandra Thompson

Sandra Thompson South East Queensland, QLD

So grateful I went with Knose

I had only been with Knose for a little over 4 weeks, I had chosen them because of the reviews I had read and they weren't wrong. I chose the 90% option, my 4 month old puppy decided to chew and eat my hearing aids and after 4 nights in doggy hospital as they had to get some bits out of his tummy with a scope, the bill was close to $7,000. Every time I rang them they were super helpful. My one problem was that I had to pay the vet upfront but was then reimbursed by Knose, thank goodness I could access some money for emergencies. It only took 5 or so days for the reimbursement to come through. Very happy and thank you Emma for all your help and advice.

Durham

DurhamSydney, NSW

Really great service

Super happy with the service from Knose, swift in responding and timely with their execution of transaction. Would recommend for sure after my dog Nala got ill with canine coronavirus!

Claim DateMarch 2020
Pet Type(s) InsuredDog

Quick responses and efficient with claim payouts

I signed up for Knose earlier this year as my dog as been experiencing problems. Knose has been super responsive to my enquiries about my dog and have always actioned my claims promptly. I also appreciate how they keep you updated during the process and how they provide an explanation of which parts of the claims have been approved and which parts are not approved. Big shoutout to Katie for her help throughout these past few weeks.

Jamie

JamieSydney Surrounds, NSW

Great value

Knose covers 90% of non routine vet costs. I have had it for a few months and already got reimbursed nine months worth of premiums due to an abnormal blood test value detected at my puppy’s spay and an eye cleansing after an incident in the park.

Carlee

CarleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Incredible Company and Exceptional Customer Service!!

Amazing company and incredible customer service! Anytime I've called or emailed, my enquiries are actioned so quickly. The customer service team in every department are extremely helpful, friendly and make you feel special. Thank you again for being so caring.

Baran Y

Baran YSydney, NSW

Friendly and fast service

Knose is the first policy that I got for my cat and so far I have been very happy. They are quick in processing claims and provide regular updates throughout the process. The staff have been very helpful and friendly during phone and email communications. I would be happy to recommend Knose.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat

Sheena  Bell

Sheena BellSouth-East, TAS

Really impressed with Knose

Number of Pets3 pets
Tiaan D.Knose

Thanks for the feedback Sheena! We always love to hear from our customers and we look forward to keeping up this standard of service :-)

Caroline

Caroline

Knose provide great service

Their rates are reasonable for what you get in return. I have made claims and all things run smoothly if my Vet gets the paperwork off to Knose promptly. Knose keep you posted on the progress of your claim. This service is very helpful.

Tiaan D.Knose

Thank you for the feedback Caroline! We are glad to see we are providing you great service!

Kieran

KieranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service. Issues with BSB being rejected on the online portal, received email and phone call To sort out.and then Claim process Was easy and quick. Will refer knows

Claim DateApril 2020

SUSIE

SUSIESouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Customer Service

We have only had Pet Insurance for 3 months, and no claims needed so far. We received a welcome package, and we were thrilled. It brought a bit of sunshine to our lives, during these hard times of Covid 19. It was very much appreciated!

Brad

BradPerth, WA

Excellent product

Have been a Knose customer for around 8 months now, have only had to claim once in that time, but the process was smooth and was paid in full as expected. It's a great value product for what you get in return.

Originally went with Knose after doing a bit of research and realising almost every other insurance product was underwritten by the same group, so didn't see anything that really differentiated them. Knowing that Knose is a bit more independent was a positive, plus their attitude towards pre-existing conditions is a refreshing change.

Would definitely recommend.

Claim DateFebruary 2020

Parker

Parkerasked

Hi, the PDS says Pre-existing condition is illness which first occurred before the first period of insurance or during waiting period. Does that mean that if my pet had a condition/symptom ever in their lifetime before signing up, that automatically gets excluded from coverage regardless of whether it was cured? E.g. 1 day of diarrhea 2yrs ago and has not experienced it since - will that mean diarrhea & related issues will not be covered for the pet? How do you determine if a condition is pre-existing, or if it is a new unrelated condition with same/similar symptoms?

Tiaan D.Knose

Thankyou for your question!

We understand some conditions are temporary and if applicable we will consider them treated before the policy is taken out or when a listing a Pre-existing Condition inform you of when it may be reviewed.

We encourage our customers to request a Pre existing condition assessment during their 21 day cooling off period to ensure they are able to make an informed decision on the right policy for their pet. As part of this assessment we will review any conditions/symptoms in the clinical history as provided by your vet and advise of any reviewable periods or exclusions that may apply.

Kind regards

Lis

CarynR

CarynRasked

Has anyone found that Knose are significantly more expensive than other providers? I've just gone through the online quote system for 2 dogs and the rate is nearly 4 times higher than RSPCAs! Just about every comment here says they're great value so I'm really confused. Has everyone here made a lot of claims?!

Tiaan D.Knose

Hi CarynR, I will respond in a private message.

SuB

SuBasked

Hi Knose,
Your PDS states that before the policy expires you will decide whether it will be renewed. Does that mean that even if we pay our premiums on time, you might elect not to reinsure if we had had to make claims? I have a brand new pup without any problems at present, but I'd like some reassurance before committing to a company that they wouldn't decline to reinsure an animal after a year or two if they developed an ongoing illness? Many thanks

Hi SuB.
I have responded in a private message.

tawny91
tawny91

I would like to know the answer to SuB's question because it's an important issue for potential clients to be aware of. Why respond in only a private message? unless it's a negative response???

Tiaan D.Knose

Hi, Unfortunately we are not allowed to publish product specific information in this forum. Hence the need for private responses. I will reach out to you privately. Thanks for your understanding. Kind regards Lis

Get an answer from our members and Knose representatives