Pet Insurance Buying Guide

If your dog or cat becomes sick, pet insurance can help get the treatment they deserve. For a better idea of how pet insurance works, continue reading so you can make an informed choice.

Read now

• Claim Resolution Time<1 week (21), 1-2 weeks (10) and 2-4 weeks (2)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (32) · No (1)

Great benefits, great service. Exactly what I hoped for!

Great Pet Insurance

Knose have provided great support both through a minor emergency and also with the fast compensation of the claim after the event. What I love best is the fact that they offer 24 hour vet service for advice. Great for new pet owners!

Tony in Brisbane

Tony in BrisbaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing but praise for Knose

I researched pet insurance for a few days before deciding to go with Knose. Difficult decision as I could not find any reviews (pre January 2020) but I rang their customer service with a couple of questions and was impressed that they didn’t push to sign me up.
Unfortunately we had to make quite a few claims as our little tiboodle got quite sick and was hospitalised twice. Knose has been brilliant with all of the claims and paid out the 90% as per the policy which saved us over $10k. Customer service is very professional but also has a personal touch on the phone and via email. I cannot recommend them highly enough so much so that our local vet is going to recommend them when they have insurance inquiries.

Claim DateJuly 2020

Nico

NicoSydney, NSW

Fast, Easy and convenient Pet Insurance

Easy and intuitive platform to sign-up,
Clear concise and have all the basic answers you need with easy navigation to more detailed information should you need it.
Website is super user friendly and brings a sense of true duty of care.
Competitive pricing with lots of flexibility and options.
If you have a pet. Knose Pet insurance is the only way to go.

Best Pet Insurance in Australia

I have had a great experience so far with Knose - all Australian responsive Customer Service. Best of all, they don't have sub-limits - making it different for the other policies.

Research the polices - but I strongly now recommend Knose to everyone.

Number of Pets2 pets
Claim DateNovember 2020

Jaimee

JaimeeMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Sounded just what I was looking for but disappointed

Number of Pets3 pets
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedNo

Hi Jaimee
Thank you for sharing your concern with us. Our team has reached out and will engage with you privately.

Vanessa A.

Vanessa A.

Knose for pet insurance that is straight forward and excellent value for money

When searching for pet insurance for my new puppy I was looking for a high level of cover with limited exclusions (at a good price) and Knose really stood out from the rest. Finally a PDS that was easy to understand.
I have only been with them 6 months, but I have been really impressed with every interaction. My recent claim was dealt with extremely quickly, and I was kept up to date through the whole process. Knose’s communication is always personal and you are not treated like a number. I could not recommend them more highly, in fact I have already referred a friend who has switched.

NmC

NmCHunter Region, NSW

Really pleased we chose Knose for our pet insurance!

We recently adopted a rescue puppy and she's visited the vet three times in just four months - claiming online via my account is super quick and easy to make and I find I get my money back within three weeks. When I have had questions the support team has been very quick to respond and helpful. It's early days but I think this is the best insurance of any kind I have ever purchased.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Elizabeth

ElizabethSydney, NSW

Best coverage for very competitive rate

I did my research and found Knose provided the best coverage for a very competitive rate . I recently made my first claim and found it a very easy process and received my rebate within a few days of lodging the claim. I have now recommended Knose to several pet owners I know

Cliaming was so easy.

I filled claim in on line and Knose did the rest, following up the vet and settling in 13 days. Very happy with premium and benefits. I'll stick with Knose.

John

JohnLake Haven

Well worth the money for peace of mind

Claim ApprovedYes

Fantastic customer service and insurance

We have 10 month old puppy that has had a few health issues, Knose Has been brilliant and provided us with approvals and responses remarkably quickly. We highly Recommend them.

Excellent Customer Service

Good value based on market comparison. I loved the fact that it is a smaller business that specialises in pets. Emma was super helpful over the phone and followed up after purchase was made. Annual limit of $25,000 surpassed most other insurers. Thanks Knose + Emma.

Nis

NisSydney, NSW

Great value, prompt claims and service

Tiaan D.Knose

Hi Nis. Thank you for the review!
We will take your feedback regarding the online claiming experience into account.

Matthew

MatthewSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great customer service/information

I recently signed up to Knose and I am super impressed so far. Particular thanks to Emma who I spoke to on the phone when deciding to move my two dogs over to Knose from a different provider. All questions were answered super clearly and I feel/felt confident moving to Knose. I also appreciate the fact the phone call was handled locally and I was listened to and all questions answered properly. Thanks again.

Number of Pets2 pets

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Value, Service & Speedy Claim Process

It was easy to setup a new pet insurance policy with Knose and I like the standard inclusion of no excess and a generous annual benefit limit of $25,000. I have only been a policy holder for a few months now and recently had to make an injury claim for my Dog. Lisa and the team provided fantastic service and made the process extremely easy, the claim was processed and approved quickly and efficiently.

Carole Harvey

Carole HarveySouth East Queensland, QLD

Excellent service with Ioanna

Easy to set up with Ioanna answering all my questions as a new customer. I now have peace of mind for the future of my pet's health care being affordable.

Amazing customer service

I signed up with knose insurance because their premiums were such good value compared to other insurers. Unfortunately I ran into some difficulties ending my current pet insurance with a different company, and although my cooling off period with knose had already passed its 21 days, the staff at knose were very helpful and understanding and did not penalise me. I can’t wait to sign up with knose once my current policy has ended!

Jennifer

JenniferSouth East Queensland, QLD

Amazing company

I bought this pet insurance for my Australian Bulldog as a puppy last December due to the fact the premiums were very good value.
I was a little doubtful at first as it seemed too good to be true and I had never heard of the company.

All I can say is, Amazing and friendly Customer Service, smooth claims process(especially Michael), call you back when they say they will and keep you updated with what’s happening. I have been with other insurers in the past for other dogs and this company are hands down the best. ❤️

HGbs

HGbs

Can't confirm how to waive my pet existing illness and other conditions , after the waiting period and deadline

Parker

Parkerasked

Hi, the PDS says Pre-existing condition is illness which first occurred before the first period of insurance or during waiting period. Does that mean that if my pet had a condition/symptom ever in their lifetime before signing up, that automatically gets excluded from coverage regardless of whether it was cured? E.g. 1 day of diarrhea 2yrs ago and has not experienced it since - will that mean diarrhea & related issues will not be covered for the pet? How do you determine if a condition is pre-existing, or if it is a new unrelated condition with same/similar symptoms?

Tiaan D.Knose

Thankyou for your question!

We understand some conditions are temporary and if applicable we will consider them treated before the policy is taken out or when a listing a Pre-existing Condition inform you of when it may be reviewed.

We encourage our customers to request a Pre existing condition assessment during their 21 day cooling off period to ensure they are able to make an informed decision on the right policy for their pet. As part of this assessment we will review any conditions/symptoms in the clinical history as provided by your vet and advise of any reviewable periods or exclusions that may apply.

Kind regards

Lis

CarynR

CarynRasked

Has anyone found that Knose are significantly more expensive than other providers? I've just gone through the online quote system for 2 dogs and the rate is nearly 4 times higher than RSPCAs! Just about every comment here says they're great value so I'm really confused. Has everyone here made a lot of claims?!

Tiaan D.Knose

Hi CarynR, I will respond in a private message.

Kristian LG
Kristian LG

Knose has no excess, RSPCA does (and hence the cheaper premium).

SuB

SuBasked

Hi Knose,
Your PDS states that before the policy expires you will decide whether it will be renewed. Does that mean that even if we pay our premiums on time, you might elect not to reinsure if we had had to make claims? I have a brand new pup without any problems at present, but I'd like some reassurance before committing to a company that they wouldn't decline to reinsure an animal after a year or two if they developed an ongoing illness? Many thanks

Hi SuB.
I have responded in a private message.

tawny91
tawny91

I would like to know the answer to SuB's question because it's an important issue for potential clients to be aware of. Why respond in only a private message? unless it's a negative response???

Tiaan D.Knose

Hi, Unfortunately we are not allowed to publish product specific information in this forum. Hence the need for private responses. I will reach out to you privately. Thanks for your understanding. Kind regards Lis

Get an answer from our members and Knose representatives

CategoryPet Insurance