Petsy Pet Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (23)
    • 1-2 weeks (2)
    • 2-4 weeks (1)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (25) · No (0)
Ms Bickmore
Ms BickmorePerth, WA

Sticking with petsy!

I’ve got the pets with three different insurance companies and charities. Petsy customer service is beyond better than the others. Easy to deal with, easy sign up and some good pet benefits. If I could change the others at the end of the year I would

Andrew
AndrewSydney, NSW

So pleased we went with Petsy, the tram there is head and shoulders above the rest IMO

Our policy was excellent value when compared against the major competitors. We haven’t made a claim yet (touch wood) but the process has been smoother than we expected and the support is first class.

Carolyn M.
Carolyn M.Sydney, NSW

Good benefits and service from petsy

Signed up online easy process. I did call before and Mitchell was a great deal of help. I've been with them for a year and a bit with my dog and then now also just got the cat coverage. We got access To vetchat which is a great idea. I'm pleased I decided to go with petsy.

Sarah K.
Sarah K.Sydney, NSW

Thank you, thank you, thank you petsy

Great value. We used this in a time where the world is going crazy and had to deal with a huge, shocking vet bill. Lucky we were covered. I’m so glad I made the decision to get pet insurance instead of being a Scrooge. I’m also glad I chose petsy as they are people who actually care.

CSB
CSBSydney, NSW

Genuinely Good Service

A friend recommended Petsy to me when I bought our new four legged family member. The sign up process was very streamlined and they're transparent about everything. I luckily haven't had to use them yet, but my friend did when their dog was hit (and survived) by a car. They were fast to act and super supportive. When bad things happen, you need an insurer who's got your back, and with my experiences so far I'd say Petsy is definitely that kind of company.

Review collected in partnership with Petsy

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Mark R
Mark RGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good choice. Australian Support teams.

My wife did the hard yards in selecting who we should go with as we were not pleased with the insurer we had the first dog with. It pays to do the research and I'm of the feeling this was the right choice now as we are getting good value.

Claim Made Yes
Rebecca D.
Rebecca D.Sydney, NSW

Great insurance

I feel that my policy is good value. It was easy to setup. Claims can be made at the vet which is easy compared to what it used to be. I've been with them for years and I'm pleased with what it's costing me.

D S.
D S.South East Queensland, QLD

They are good and we are happy

Pet insurance is something we pay more for the dogs than our own so I'm happy that we did the research and selected petsy. We also got a custom dog tag for kobe on signup.

Phoebe McDonald
Phoebe McDonaldMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good so far

We have been with petsy for a while. We started with the cats and then got the new puppy covered with comprehensive cover. They have easy online portals and good communication methods.

Julie R.
Julie R.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Some of the best service I've experienced in years.

After having a number of interactions with numerous staff from the company of Petsy, I am pleased to recommend them. They have always provided me with outstanding levels of customer service and support. No matter who I have had to talk to, they have been easy to deal with.

Jessica H.
Jessica H.Sydney, NSW

Very good

You hope you never have to use it but in a time that I did have to they helped me through to whole process. Easy paperwork process. Very good customer service

Review collected in partnership with Petsy

This is perfect. What we wanted

Petsy is good value for me and my husband. We have two Pomeranians and have both insurered here. I have made a claim and that was online and quick. We had some issues in the beginning but the lady was also very quick to fix it.

Rachel M.
Rachel M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Recommend them highly

Mums with them and we then came on up with the cats and dog. She did most of the research and I'm glad with our decision. So, so far so good.

Angela M.
Angela M.South East Queensland, QLD

This is a great insurer

The cats and I have been with petsy and I'm about to add a dog to the mix. These people have always been easy to deal with. This recommendation is one that I'm happy to write. I used to be with this oversea based insurer and they were just crooks. Petsy are from what I have seen hiring Australians and doing a good job.

Erika A.
Erika A.Sydney, NSW

I'm pleased with my choice

I'm pleased with my decision to go with Petsy. Signed up online after my colleague said they were with them and had good reviews. Did further research online and found that they are right for us.

Read more reviews - page 2

Archanaasked

Hi,
I would like to know what percentage would the premiums hike the following year. Could you please tell me the hike amount? I have a 1 year old staffy with no major issues.

Hi Archana,

We have the following answer to your question:

Will my premium increase every year?
Yes, your premium will increase each year. Regardless of who you choose, insurance premiums will generally increase year on year. This is for two main reasons:

Reason #1: Just like humans, the older our pets get, the more likely they are to have health hiccups. Cats and dogs age faster than we do, which means that their likely veterinary treatment costs go up rapidly each year too. As a result, the cost of insuring your pet will also increase as they get older.

Reason #2: Advancements in Veterinary Treatments.
The overall cost of medical treatment for pets has increased in recent years due to the increased availability of medical treatments and technology-enabled services and ongoing demand for these services. The treatment options and advancements in technology are providing us with great opportunities to give our pets a great quality of life for longer.

While this is great news for the care of our pets, these treatments come at a significant cost. Year on year treatment costs increase, and this is factored into the cost of pet insurance.

Hope this Helps,

Thanks,

Benny

Archana

Thank you for the update. Would you be able to tell me the % of increase?

Hi Archana,

There isn't a set percentage increase as such, any changes in your premium will be based on your individual pet and details and we are unable to see what that will be upfront. However, at the end of your policy period (12 months), you will receive a renewal letter that will state what the new premium will be before your policy renews.

One of the increases that we do notice many people forget about (whether it is with us or from another provider) is when a large discount or promotion code was used, for the first year's premium. Please remember that an introductory discount is usually, to say thanks for choosing that provider and they hope it's a long term ongoing relationship in protecting your fur baby.

I hope this helps but please feel free to reach out to us directly at hello@petsy.com.au if you would like to discuss this in more detail or you would like more information.

Kazu
Kazuasked
Pet Insurance

My cat has pre-existing condition (bladder infection) but it hasn't happened more than 12 month. He has nothing problem about health now.
Can he take an insurance ? and also , Will its pre-existing be covered by insurance in the future? He is still 4years old.

Hi Kazu,

Thanks for getting in touch. To determine whether or not your cat's bladder infection condition will be covered under a pet insurance policy will be determined on whether the condition is temporary or chronic.

If it is temporary and has been resolved with treatment, it will be removed from your policy as an exclusion if your cat hasn’t shown signs of that condition for 18 months or more.

If the bladder infection requires ongoing care, is more prolonged in nature or is chronic, and your cat displays signs of this prior to the purchase of a pet insurance policy or its waiting period, it will not be coverable under a pet insurance policy.

To have a temporary pre-existing condition on your pet insurance policy reviewed, we can also provide a form for your vet to fill out to verify that your pet has been symptom-free of the condition for a minimum continuous period of 18 months. If this is approved, you will be able to claim for future bouts of bladder infection in future.

It's worth considering that your cat is still able to take out insurance and will still have cover for all the other conditions as listed out in the Product Disclosure Statement during your policy period.

I hope that helps to answer your question but please let me know if there is any additional information we can provide. If you would like to discuss this in more detail, please feel free to contact us on 1300 952 790 and we'll be more than happy to assist.

Terese Kerlin
Terese Kerlin asked
Pet Insurance

Hi I just joined up and just wanting to know when I will receive an email about all the info and I hadn't finished with direct debit fee. If you can contact me thanks. Terese Kerlin [Email Removed]

Get an answer from our members and Petsy representatives

Petsy Pet Insurance

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedNot IncludedIncludedNot Included
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncludedNot IncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick ParalysisIncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded
Emergency Boarding FeesIf you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive daysIf you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive daysIf you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive daysIf you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncludedIncluded