Verifiedbowwowinsurance.com.au🏆 2024 Award

2,896 reviews
Raelene
RaeleneNortheast, VIC

Fast response to claims

We have been with this company for nearly 4 years and have found that the claims process is very easy with quick responses. However, the monthly payments have risen considerately since we first took out our policy. Show details
Website offer
Website offerSouth East Queensland, QLD10 posts
  Ultimate Care

Great insurance for my boy

This was a great experience adding no extra stress at a stressful time Show details ·  1
Lyn George
Lyn GeorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

First Time Claiming

First time I had made a claim as I kept forgetting about having pet insurance as I had never had it before for my other pets. Was very easy to claim online. Was processed and paid into my account in a timely manner. I have had insurance for my dog for 4 years. He was a rescue pup. Show details ·  1
Chloe C
Chloe CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Friendly and accomodating

Easy and quick phone call and generous to loyal customers. Matt was absolutely lovely and offered excellent service. Would recommend Bow Wow Meow to my friends and family. Show details ·  1
Darren L.
Darren L.

5 stars easy for my pugs

I have been using bow bow meow now since miss peanut was a pup and now she’s a healthy 7 year old pug, and have my other pug miss Halo insured as well as a pup she’s now 5.
Honestly couldn’t rate these guys more highly! Unfortunately I had to use the Insurance an extreme amount of times for miss halo! she unfortunately has a rare autoimmune disease but after lots of test and treatment and now on ongoing medication she’s more than perfect.
Never once has calming been an issues and with the ease of the gab only you have so much less to worry about. I truely hope no one has to use the insurance but I can safely say if you do need too these guys will always look after you!
I’m forever thankful.
Love miss peanut and Halo Show details ·  1
Jacqui D.
Jacqui D.Perth, WA

I Sooo happy with Bow-wow pet insurance

My first time having pet insurance and I am so glad I chose Bow-wow. My dog was recently unwell so I went to a vet that used bow-wow insurance and bow wow paid 80% of the bill. I am sooooo happy. Show details ·  1
Lisa
Lisa
  Verified Ultimate Care

Dasch of Time

Always fast and reliable in a time of need. Our policy is good value for money and allows for peace of mind. Thanks! Show details ·  1
Shawns
Shawns2 posts

Excellent service

Excellent service delivered promptly. I recommend Bow Wow Meow to anyone who asked me. Show details ·  1
Jenny
Jenny

A good one

We took this insurance because we used it for our old dog and we’re very pleased with how it went. The policy is good, and very quick answer. The only thing I didn’t realize is that medication and vet bills are not included for anxiety issues Show details ·  1
Jim
Jim

Wouldn’t be without Bow Wow Meow Insurance

Our dog recently had to receive two operations and placed in an in ICU. We could not have afforded the treatment without pet insurance. Bow Wow Meow were prompt in payments and we felt supported by them through the whole process. Our dog is slowly making a full recovery. Show details ·  1
Gabbie
Gabbie

Frankie’s broken leg

My vet always lodges my claim every time Frankie goes for his broken leg. Show details ·  1
Steve
SteveSouth East Queensland, QLD

A GREAT EXPERIENCE

My first time claiming. It was easy as my vet wss able to do the claim for me. Show details ·  1
Ally
Ally

Our experience

Really easy claim service through our vet.
Anytime I call to ask a question staff are always knowledgeable Show details ·  1
CharlieRose
CharlieRoseGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts
  Verified Peace of Mind

Steep annual cost increases despite no claims

Signed up with these guys in April 2022 at $45 pcm. After 12 months I was being charged $52, and 12 months later, it was upped again to $64 a month - for the same cover. I made zero claims in those 2+ years, my cat is healthy, and only 4 years old. I now know the increased cost was communicated to me in on page 7 of an 80 page booklet attached to an email. There was no mention of the increased cost ammount in the body of the email, which I feel is unethical. I have just since switched to a different insurer with better cover for $39 pcm. Show details
Elizabeth
Elizabeth
  Accident Plus

Piece of mind k0and excellent value

My Golden Retriever required emergency surgery after a major intestinal blockage.
The claim was submitted by the vet hospital and processed quickly by Bow Wow Meow.
My dog had been insured since he was a pup,and I am happy that.his 30 months of cover was well and truly good value. And piece of mind. Show details ·  1

Narelle C.
Narelle C. · Peace of Mind

If I get the 3 months free that is currently offered for new customers, can I cancel my policy before the 3 months are up without being charged anything?

Goldengirl
Goldengirl · Ultimate Care

Thinking about insuring with this company. How does this company perform with non related injuries? We just took our puppy into the vet after she was limping after a big play session. Vet had non conclusive answers as she was totally fine there (no limping), likely just over exerted herself . If she was to develop hip/elbow displasia at a later time (high risk breed), would this vet visit make it a pre-existing condition?

Michelle
Michelle · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Just wondering if vaccinations and Desexing are covered

About Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance offers cover for cats and dogs, with over 120,000 Aussie pet owners using them to protect their animals.

There are different levels of cover to choose from:

• Dogs: Accident only (Accident Plus); Accident and illness (two levels of cover: Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care).
  • Cats: Accident only (Accident Plus); Specified illness (Indoor Cat); Accident and illness (two levels of cover: Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care).

You can get up to 80% of eligible vet bills reimbursed, and you also have the option to change the percentage of your benefit. There’s also no excess, so you can claim for even small eligible vet expenses.

Bow Wow Meow boasts an easy claim process, and you can get your claim processed on the spot, so you only have to pay the gap at the vet.

The pet insurer also offers discounts for puppies and kittens, a 10% multi-pet discount, and a complimentary ID tag every year, and a pet health card for you to keep in your wallet.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the customer service at Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance was excellent. They described staff as professional, compassionate people who “truly care about their furry clients”.
  • They also found that submitting a claim was a very quick, simple and straightforward process, and the claim itself was processed quickly. A number of reviewers said that the GapOnly™ service claim made it convenient for them, as they didn’t have to pay more out of pocket than they needed to.
  • Overall, reviewers found that their policy with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance represented great value for money, saying that they got good policy inclusions at a competitive price.
Compare all Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance listings
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedNot Included
Routine Care CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Tick Paralysis $2,000$3,000$1,200
Emergency Boarding Fees $500 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$1,000 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$500 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period 21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation Fees300300300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions 2,6002,6002,600
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Discounts / OffersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holdersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holdersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holders
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more

Contact info for Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance