Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance
4.1 from 1,694 reviews

Excellent service

I have had to make several claims with Bow Wow and without exception every time I have received excellent service. The level of communication is commendable and the processing of claims is prompt. Excellent value for money.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for that Susie. It is good to hear that your claim experience was a good one.

Terrible service, extensive wait for claims and ridiculous loop holes

Be careful guys, 2 claims only 1 paid out after waiting 6 weeks. Vet sent reports 4 times, I have the transcripts. Tried to claim a follow up consultation for skin condition and because I asked questions about breeding during the consultation the vet notes were thorough and included this question so bow wow refused to pay the consultation claim as it mentioned breeding. Cancelling and going to fair trading

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo
Hi Paul, I am sorry to hear this. I would like to investigate this. Please can you email your policy number and the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au. It will be investigated and we will get back to you. Many thanks.

Simple and easy

We have been with bow wow 7 yrs. Recently they have become so easy to deal with and the vet now sumits everything for us. Great policy and great piece of mind for our fur baby

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review Sam and Ash. Happy to hear that it is now easier than ever to claim.

Dog attack claim

Easy to set up, reasonable price. We have only been with your company for a short while. I recently rang to inquire about a claim when my dog was attacked. I was in two minds whether to claim or go after the owner of the offending dog for the full amount of the bill. Your operator encouraged me to claim through the insurance. Just as well as the offender was not very co operative . I could easily been out of pocket for over $2000. Payment was made into my bank account promptly. I think other insurance companies could take a leaf out of your book. I would highly recommend your company.

Kind regards,
Mark & Tania

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Tania, thank you for the review. Glad to hear it went well and I hope your dog has made a full recovery.

Speedy and easy claims process

I have had pet insurance for my two dogs with Bow Wow Meow for approximately 3 years. More recently I have had to make many claims due to ongoing skin issues with one of my dogs. I have found the claims experience to be easy and dealt with in a timely manner. Would definitely recommend this insurer.

Claim ApprovedYes
That's good to hear Alex. Thank you for sharing.

Fast and easy

I have pet insurance policy over 7 years.
My dog is getting old and he needed a big check up.
Claim was easy and payment was fast. I love the online platform to lodge a claim.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Adri, appreciate the review. Glad the portal is making things quick and easy.

Fantastic!

This pet insurance is great! The portal is easy to use and the claims process is quick and easy ! Most claims take less than a week to resolve and payment is direct debited right away !

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Nerma, thanks for this. Glad we met or exceeded your expectations.

Complicated claim but process was hassle free

My little dog suddenly lost her vision about 6 months ago. She had multiple appointments, especially after she walked into something and damaged one eye. The whole claim process with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance was easy. The rebates were very reasonable too.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for sharing MMSL. I hope your dog is OK now?

Awesome service!

I have made 3 claims so far and each time the process couldn't be faulted. Super prompt and the online portal is great, once approved the money was in my account the next day. Highly recommend! I wish other insurance types operated this way!

Claim ApprovedYes
It is good to hear each claim went well. Thanks for sharing Tameka.

Prompt payment, well worth the money

We had to claim when our dog was admitted to hospital for 2 nights over the Easter weekend. The hospital sent the paperwork directly to Bow Wow Meow and the money was back in our account in about a week with nothing further required from us.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for sharing PSC. Glad the process was a smooth one.

Easy claiming process

Great communication with the BWM regarding upcoming surgery for my dog and the claim process, i got pre authorization for what i could claim and estimate of the return costs
I have been with BWM for 5years and love the easy online claim process.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Michele, thank you for the review. Glad it the online claim process is working well.

Quick response

I have insured my cats with Bow Wow Meow insurance for a few years and needed to submit a claim for Vet bills. The claim was handled promptly and I received a payment within the week. Easy to use and a great outcome.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for sharing Naftoli. Glad we could assist with your cat's bill.

Great experience with BWM

We have had a very unfortunately and unlucky year with our new Golden Retriever puppies, and the stress has been greatly reduced by the financial support that our Bow Wow Meow pet insurance has provided. We have only been members for over a year, and all of our many claims have been submitted automatically by our vet and processed with fantastic online communications and prompt claims payments. Keep up the great service !

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks Andrew. Glad we have managed to assist getting your pups back on their feet.

Yet another great experience with Bow Wow Meow!

I have been with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance for around ten years. My previous dog had serious health problems requiring expensive treatment. Bow Wow Meow were great throughout. Now we have a rescue greyhound, Ellie, who has not had any health worries until just recently. She had a suspicious lump which needed removal. Bow Wow Meow paid what I was entitled to quickly and efficiently. I just love the new online claim process which is completed by my Vet; so easy and trouble free. Well done, Bow wow Meow!

Claim DateApril 2019
Thanks for that Robert. Glad it went well.

The best pet insurer around

I submitted a large claim and within two business days the fund were in my account. Their website is easy to navigate and the online claims portal is very user friendly. With consistently great service, you can’t ask for much more!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim ApprovedYes
That's really good to hear. Appreciate the review Lauren.

Would Never Go Anywhere Else for Pet Insurance

Second Patella and ACL operation for our dog - Bow Wow Meow came to the party again. A huge relief knowing how we can rely on them to assist us financially

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review Shell. Glad we could help.

Raffa

The claim ing in process is good but what I do not like is that there are only 3 consultation that you can claim on per annum and that my monthly premiums went up by 40%

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Mike, thanks for the feedback. I was just wondering if you may have had a promotional discount in your previous year which is why it looks like it went up a lot? Either way, I would be happy to investigate this. Please email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and the review and I will send off to our resolutions team. Thanks

Would recommend!

We have always been hesitant to get pet insurance as we didn't know if it would be worth it due to the cost. After much research (& recommendations from friends) we decided to go with Bow Wow Meow for peace of mind if anything were to ever happen to our dog. That day came recently when our dog had to undergo surgery, we contacted Bow Wow Meow prior to the surgery to seek advice and once the surgery was complete we submitted our claim. We have never submitted an insurance claim so assumed this would be a long difficult & stressful process but it was SO seamless :) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Bow Wow Meow!

Claim ApprovedYes
So good to hear it was seamless Melarie. Thank you for sharing.

So happy!

So glad we have Bow Wow Meow... our staffy has become very clumsy and ended up at the vets more times than I want to know about! All claims were easily and quickly processed with payment back in my account within 1-2weeks. I’ve been with them for over 7 years now and very happy with them.

Claim DateMay 2019
Thanks for sharing Sue. Glad the claims process has been quick and you are satisfied with our service.

Excellent value for money and fast electronic claims process

We have Bow Wow Pet Insurance for our puppy and it has proved to be excellent value for money. Our puppy has had her fair share of puppy-related "mishaps" during her first year and this insurance has provided excellent cover for these. The claims process is easy and fast. Our vet submits the claims for us electronically and we receive the money very quickly. I would thoroughly recommend having pet insurance to cover accidents and illnesses if you have a puppy, as they can be very expensive otherwise!! And I would definitely recommend Bow Wow Meow.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review Cathy and thanks the recommendations. It is good to hear that the claim process is easy and fast.

My dog has had Bow Wow Pet insurance for six years and I was told today he has diabetes will his treatment be covered by Bow Wow pet insurance?
Hi Judith, please e-mail your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au with the above question and I will confirm with our claims team. Many thanks.

I have 2 dogs aged 6.I have been researching pet insurance. My elderly parents( both in 90's) have asked me to take their dog ( aged 7)when they passover. Non of the dogs have any pre existing conditions and are healthy.No hesitation here but can I get a policy to cover my dogs and theirs under MY name as they are pensioners. If no, then when I do take on their dog it maybe over the age of 9. What then?
You will need a full vet history from birth for the dog or the pet insurance will be a waste of time. So if the dog has only been to the one vet should be easy enough but if not, any pet insurance will not allow you to claim and it would be a waste of money. Generally you cannot insure a pet for first time over 9 years of age but check insurance PDS.

I am considering starting a policy for our 2 dogs. I'm concerned that the premiums will skyrocket each time the policy is renewed. My dogs are 7 and 8. What annual % increase can I expect? If I make a claim, does that result in premium increasing? If so, by how much? Also, with the 10% for second dog, do I get that discount each time the policy is renewed? Thanks.
Hi Jenny, these are all great questions. It is difficult to answer though as premiums are also dependent on variables that are not known such as vet inflation and the claim frequency of our book. Your claim history does have a small impact on premium. The 10% multi pet discount, is a discount that is applied through the life of the policy so you do retain it on renewal. With older pets, premiums do increase. We try limit this to a cap of 15% as we like to avoid raising prices by huge amounts (it is important to note that there is no pricing guarantee and we reserve the right to increase if need be though). Hope this helps answer your questions.I can guarantee that your premiums will skyrocket with this company which is why I cancelled the 3 policies I had with them many years ago which cost me far more than I ever got back. Also 2 policies increased with no claims as much as one policy with claims so don't believe them when they say claim history impacts premiums. Your premiums will increase to cover the cost of the many morons having expensive, unnecessary treatment just because they have insurance not because their pets need it. Take out accident only insurance elsewhere, find a great homeopathic vet who will keep your dogs healthy & you will find that costs far less.Hello I have to agree with this policy holder .. I too have just received my policy renewal for our dog who is just over one year old. Only made one small claim and my policy has increased $276 I could not believe that my policy increased by so much I have only had the policy for 1 year so I can only imagine how much it will increase next year and so on . I am now in the process of looking elsewhere for my pet insurance and cancelling this policy ( hence how I have stumbled across these reviews ) I called bow wow meow and got someone who gave me the same ridiculous response as above... excuses My opinion read all the reviews and carefully read the insurance covers and exclusions too And I agree I too have found a great homeopathic vet

Similar listings