Verifiedbowwowinsurance.com.au🏆 2024 Award

Sandra B
Sandra B
  Accident Plus

Bow Eow Meow

Customer service person Nikka was extremely helpful and made it easy to navigate applying for a pet policy for my Cavoodle Show details ·  1
Jacky
JackyPerth, WA

Claims

Still very impressed with Bow Wow. Example: take my dog to Vet Monday morning, submit claim Monday lunchtime, acknowledged by Bow Wow same day. Then, Tuesday morning receive message advising how much will be refunded, money in bank same evening. What other Pet Insurers give such service? Well done and thank you Bow Wow for not leaving me out of pocket for too long you're the best. Show details ·  1
Rachelp
RachelpSydney, NSW2 posts

Fabulous pet insurance company

Fantastic pet insurer!
We were able to get the best treatment for purr dogs thanks to their vet claims. Show details ·  1
Disappointed pet owner
Disappointed pet owner

Terrible

Refuses to pay claims within the policy, premiums more than doubled in spite of never paying a significant claim. Show details
jamesiorfino
jamesiorfinoGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC5 posts

Awesome insurer!

Have used the 2 policy’s I’ve had in place multiple times & has never been an issue, very professional & couldn’t be happier, thank you. Show details ·  1
Barbara
BarbaraSouth East Queensland, QLD
  Accident Plus

Bow Wow - Just the best Pet Insurance

I have been with Bow Wow Pet Insurance for 10 years this month and am extremely happy with the prompt service received. I can't believe how fast my claim was paid. Given the price of Veterinary care these days, it is the best insurance because you never know when you will need it. Show details ·  1
Leah
LeahSydney, NSW

Great Pet Insurance company

I have been with BowWowMeow since my Goldie was a puppy, 7 years now. Fast claims, within days the claim is in my bank account. I would recommend the Peace of Mind policy to anyone who has a furry child - it takes the financial stress out of vet visits. Show details ·  1
Sandra
Sandra
  Fair Incentive Peace of Mind

Very understanding and compassionate

Bow Wow Meow Insurance have looked after one of our Cavoodles for over 14years and have not had a problem when submitting my claims. He has now passed away recently of a heart murmur condition he had been battling for over 4years and costs of medications and consult check up visits etc… , they were always very responsive and not hard to deal with , the claims didn’t take too long either .

We also have another Cavoodle he is 5years old which I have cover for him with them as well. They offered a 3mth waiver for us especially when I asked I have been a loyal customer for over 14 years and if they would be able to help with rising mths fees for Henry.
Recommend Bow Wow Meow Insurance for future Dog or Cat insurance for peace of mind Show details ·  1

Shane S.
Shane S.

Years of experience

We've been with Bowwowmeow for 14 years and three pets in. Most happy with the service and policies. Show details ·  1
云 朱.
云 朱.2 posts
  Ultimate Care

Jackie the consultant was very patient and helpful on the phone. Really appreciate the support from her. Love her work. Show details ·  1
Mel Negus
Mel NegusPerth, WA
  Verified Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Jackie was fantastic! Helpful, knowledgeable & able to help me through a process. At the end of our conversation, she asked me if she could help me any further & said to give my furbaby a hug from her.... Show details ·  1
Cat
CatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC
  Peace of Mind

Great customer service, good loyalty program

This is my third year with with Bow Wow Meow and I called up looking to cancel my policy due to a misunderstanding. Nathan was super helpful and explained that the Peace of Mind plan covers hip/elbow dysplasia (my concern with a big dog as they start getting a little older) and even offered a loyalty discount which was a really nice surprise and made the policy really good value. I've also never had any issues with claims, the online portal is super easy to use and never had to wait too long to speak with anyone over the phone either Show details ·  1
Alexia Lohanna
Alexia Lohanna
  Verified Ultimate Care

Friendly staff and helpful communication

I called to talk about my policy on Rambo and a Rocky my both chihuahuas and Matt was very prompt in helping. Very polite as well. Thank you so much for understanding my circumstances and helping me out. I have been with the company for 4 years so far and I am happy with it. Show details ·  1
Aaron S
Aaron SSouth East Queensland, QLD

Fast and easy

Have had the policy a little over 2 years now, time came to make a claim and the process was quick and easy. I’m very satisfied and will continue to use this company. Show details ·  1
Peter C.
Peter C.Sydney, NSW2 posts

Affordable Peace of Mind

Bow Wow Meow provide a fantastic product, they are easy to deal with and claims are settled promptly. I have 2 policies and it gives me peace of mind to get the best care for my puppy dogs. Show details ·  1

Narelle C.
Narelle C. · Peace of Mind

If I get the 3 months free that is currently offered for new customers, can I cancel my policy before the 3 months are up without being charged anything?

Goldengirl
Goldengirl · Ultimate Care

Thinking about insuring with this company. How does this company perform with non related injuries? We just took our puppy into the vet after she was limping after a big play session. Vet had non conclusive answers as she was totally fine there (no limping), likely just over exerted herself . If she was to develop hip/elbow displasia at a later time (high risk breed), would this vet visit make it a pre-existing condition?

Michelle
Michelle · Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Just wondering if vaccinations and Desexing are covered

About Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance offers cover for cats and dogs, with over 120,000 Aussie pet owners using them to protect their animals.

There are different levels of cover to choose from:

• Dogs: Accident only (Accident Plus); Accident and illness (two levels of cover: Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care).
  • Cats: Accident only (Accident Plus); Specified illness (Indoor Cat); Accident and illness (two levels of cover: Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care).

You can get up to 80% of eligible vet bills reimbursed, and you also have the option to change the percentage of your benefit. There’s also no excess, so you can claim for even small eligible vet expenses.

Bow Wow Meow boasts an easy claim process, and you can get your claim processed on the spot, so you only have to pay the gap at the vet.

The pet insurer also offers discounts for puppies and kittens, a 10% multi-pet discount, and a complimentary ID tag every year, and a pet health card for you to keep in your wallet.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the customer service at Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance was excellent. They described staff as professional, compassionate people who “truly care about their furry clients”.
  • They also found that submitting a claim was a very quick, simple and straightforward process, and the claim itself was processed quickly. A number of reviewers said that the GapOnly™ service claim made it convenient for them, as they didn’t have to pay more out of pocket than they needed to.
  • Overall, reviewers found that their policy with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance represented great value for money, saying that they got good policy inclusions at a competitive price.
Compare all Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance listings
Minimum Pet Age 8 weeks8 weeks8 weeks
Illness CoverIncludedIncludedNot Included
Routine Care CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Tick Paralysis $2,000$3,000$1,200
Emergency Boarding Fees $500 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$1,000 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.$500 if you are hospitalised for 1 or more consecutive days during the policy period or require emergency accommodation due to family violence.
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period 21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation Fees300300300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions 2,6002,6002,600
Waiting Period for Illness 30 Days30 Days30 Days
Discounts / OffersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holdersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holdersPuppies & kitten get 2 months free in their first year, Get 15% off your first year’s premiums, 10% discount for multiple pets, Get a free ID tag & pet health card for your pet, Get 2 complimentary VetChat calls, Get access to Bow Wow Benefits discounts for policy holders
Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Awards 2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more2018, 2019, 2020 and 4 more

Contact info for Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance