Listing monitored by Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

• 1-2 weeks (198)
    • 2-4 weeks (100)
    • 1-2 months (29)
    • 3+ months (6)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (530) · No (36)

Pinar Eden
Pinar EdenSydney, NSW

Recent Claim with Bow Wow Meow

I have pet insurance through Bow Wow Meow for both of my bulldogs. Recently my female bulldog was diagnosed with aspiration pneumonia. I have submitted multiple claims for her treatment and have quickly been reimbursed some funds back into my account. Bow Wow Meow have been understanding, helpful and prompt with our claims. I'm yet to go over all claims individually as I have been so short of time with a sick bulldog at home, however just based on service I would highly recommend Bow Wow Meow to fellow fur baby owners.

Claim Made Yes
Jill
Jill Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

My Pet Insurance has proved to be really great

Hi

I took out my pet insurance for my dog back when she was two. She is now thirteen. She had some ACL issues in the last couple of years . Bow Wow have been great in resolving their claims . They have all been paid out to 80 % & all resolved within a week or two. It gives me confidence that when I go to the vet that I can afford her treatments. Gives me great peace of mind. Thank you.

Kathleen
KathleenPerth, WA

Good Decision

I registered our new Groodle puppy Bruce with Bow Wow as they had great cover options for this breed in relation to hip conditions. Our older miniature Groodle had a full hip replacement when she was one year old and sadly our pet insurance (with another company) did not cover prosthetics. Bruce had a penn hip scan at 16 weeks in order to determine whether he may be faced with the same issues. There was an initial refusal from Bow Wow to pay the claim - assuming a pre existing condition. Once our vet confirmed in writing that there was not a pre-existing condition prior to conducting the x-ray, the claim was processed and benefit paid. I am very happy that our diligence in getting the right insurance for our second dog did not go to waste.

Deborah twining
Deborah twiningQueensland

Efficient timely paying rebate

Easy to lodge via the vet and easy communication of pay out. Timely and efficient processes. Great very happy with bow wow pet insurance . Transparent claim procedure with great payment

The best selection for total 'fur baby' protection

We insured our Doberman pup through BWM more than 7 years ago now - several years ago our fur baby was diagnosed with diabetes and the team at BWM has been professional, courteous and considerate with every claim submitted. We sincerely thank BWM and their claims staff for their continued courtesy & consideration with regards to the claims process. Our kudos to BWM for making our life and that of our beautiful 'fur baby" an easier road to travel upon on this journey we continue to share with our much loved 'diabetic Doberman'. BWM really is the best selection for total 'fur baby' protection

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Have been very pleased since joining 5 years ago.

Have been very pleased with the speed, communication & amount of each claim covered since joining 5 years ago. Have recommended Bow Wow Meow to many people. Claims have been easy to submit through our vet.

Blayzial
BlayzialGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy claims process

My Chihuahua Polly was recently very sick. Having this insurance made it possible for me to agree to a full, and expensive range of tests to diagnose her illness. Without it, I know it would’ve been a huge financial struggle, I might have had to forgo some of the tests. The claim was easy, as my Vet can submit all of the information required. I am kept up to date by Bow Wow throughout, and the claim was paid out very quickly. I’m glad to have this insurance for all 3 of my fur bubs.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the lovely review Blayzial. Nice to hear that the claims process was easy and we have been of great financial assistance. Wishing you and all your fur babies well.

Great cover

I have been with bow wow for just over 12 months. Was very easy to make a claim and everything happened very quickly and smoothly. Very happy with this company

Excellent to hear. Thanks Madi

Cliff1654
Cliff1654

Was very happy with the service

Had a $7000 bill for our dog. Sent in the notes and receipts from our vet and they paid up the %80 within the week. No issues at all. Premium shot up a bit though.

Claim Made Yes
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Cliff1654. Glad we could help.

Julie
JulieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Our 7 year old Bullmastiff has just been diagnosed with lymphoma. Bow wow has been great and is covering 80% of our costs. We are able to go to our appointments for chemo and not have to worry about what it is costing. The vet specialist are able to do a gap payment on the spot and we only have to cover 20% of the cost. No paper work to fill in, it is done on the spot. There was never an issue of whether we could afford the treatment with the pet insurance we had. Thank you Bow wow!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

You are welcome Julie. We are glad we have been such an invaluable help. We are hoping your Bullmastiff will be OK. Thanks for the review.

Sandra
SandraSydney, NSW

Thank goodness for my Pet Insurance with Bow Wow Meow

110% happy with Bow Wow Meow. My dog has developed Diabetes and Bow Wow have honoured all my associated claims. I am so grateful I took out insurance with this company when he was a puppy. The service is efficient and easy. I happily tell everyone I know about my experience with Bow Wow Meow.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks Sandra. Glad we exceeded your expectations and appreciate the recommendations.

Absolutely worth it!

I bought Ultimate Care when I was about to receive my 11 week old border collie. A friend had recommended them and I'm so pleased she did. My dog cut his foot on glass in the park and required stitches, and therefore a general anaesthetic. Not only did I receive about 90% of the charge back from Bow Wow, but the vet could process the refund ON THE SPOT. A procedure which would have cost me over a thousand dollars ended up being a couple of hundred. Absolutely worth it!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the great review Julia. Really nice to hear that your claim was processed so quickly and it all went smoothly. I hope your Border Collie is doing well now.

Sarah
SarahQueensland

Love it!

Simple can't fault Bow Wow Meow! They've been nothing but amazing for us and our little sausage dog, over the past year and a half. The insurance has paid for itself ×4 over for the claims we've had to make with little emergency vet trips etc... Claims are simple and easy to make and money hits your bank account quickly :) I never hesitate to talk my dog to the vet because I know I'm covered, gives such peace of mind ☺

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the great review Sarah. It is so pleasing to hear that you have peace of mind and we have assisted in a way that makes claiming easy and efficient.

Eleanor
EleanorPerth, WA

Excellent experience

Claiming is easy and online. My vet submits claims direct to insurer saving me doing it. Claims are handled efficiently. I have been with Bow Wow Meow for over 10 years with 3 hounds insured. The policy for older dogs is expensive but that applied to all insurers.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Eleanor. Thank you for the lovely review and glad it has been an excellent experience for you.

Barbara
BarbaraSydney, NSW

The claims process is always good but the policy is expensive!

The claim was lodged by my vet and paid without any problems and in a timely manner. Shellbe has been insured with Bow Wow Meow since she was a puppy 10 years ago. While a appreciate this, the insurance also has become very expensive over the last 10 years.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Barbara! Yes, unfortunately, premiums do tend to get pricier as the pet ages.

Read more reviews - page 2

Anna W
Anna Wasked
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

What is the waiting period for hip dysplaisia?

LisaBeesa
LisaBeesa

Not sure how long for that, depends if pre-existing, I would imagine... they cover up to $7,600 for hip surgery though and they do cover total hip replacement on some of the policies. Best call them on 1800 668 502 for all the info!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Anna, there is no specific waiting period for Hip Dysplasia although it is subject to the standard 30 policy Waiting Period and the pre-existing condition exclusion.

Deda
Dedaasked
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi, My 12 year old dog has been on medication for over a year for a back condition. As it is now well over my excess, I would like to make a claim. Is there a time frame limit where I would have had to put in a claim? To explain this, would it be too late to attempt to claim from January 2020. My insurance is due every April. Thank you

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Deda, no this will be fine. However, I suggest doing it as soon as you can. The Bow Wow Meow Team

Eliza Smith
Eliza Smithasked
Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Does the $300 sub limit for consultations mean that if my pet has an ongoing issue that requested a consultation every 6 weeks or so, I will only receive $300 for this even though it could cost me a thousand?

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Eliza, yes...consultations have a sub limit of $300 per policy period. However, most of the accident and illness conditions cover up to the annual benefit limit specific to the policy taken.

See all Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance questions

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$1,200$2,000$3,000
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600 (6 months waiting period)$2,600 (6 months waiting period)$3,200
Waiting Period for Illness Not Included30 Days30 Days