Beware of this company and their price hikes each year.

I have just received a renewal for my 8 year old dog that has been insured all his life. How can an increase of 30% be justified, from $91 a month to $131? He has hardly ever had a vet visit and even if he did isn't this why you have insurance all their life. I emailed BWM asking them to justify and eventually got a generic response saying it's about the animal's age, MY age and costs going up etc etc. What does my age have to do with it??? So how come one of my other dogs that is 2 and a half years older is cheaper. I suspect his next renewal will be increased significantly too as BWM have bought out new policies and don't want the people that have paid for years to stay on their policies. They are trying to force us to change. I've had 5 dogs insured with this company and unfortunately once you choose a company for pet insurance you're stuck with them or you don't have insurance at all. It's not like human health insurance. Not to mention the $300 limit for consultations they slapped on a couple of years ago. It's quite clear BWM do not care about their long term customers. I will never take out another insurance policy with them again. They need investigating.

Number of Pets5 pets
Claim MadeNo
Hi Honesty, thanks for your feedback and I am sorry you feel this way. Unfortunately, the main driver of your premium is the age of your pet. This has a direct impact on premium, particularly when they reach 8 and 9 yrs of age. This is when the risk of illness increases significantly. Other factors do play a role such breed, past claims and to a lesser degree: post code and age of owner (different age brackets have different claiming patterns). I can assure you that we do not force people to change policies at all. I am happy to look into this increase for you. Please email insurance@bowwow.com.au with the above review and your policy number and we will get back to you. Many thanks.That's very odd that you say that, because I've previously been told by your company that premiums increase significantly from 10 years of age. You don't seem to take into account all the years a policy is paid when an animal is younger and has had virtually no claims. It's all one way. None of this accounts for why my dog that is two and a half years older has cheaper premiums and he does have health issues and has had claims. I've already given BWM the chance by email to explain without making it public and didn't get a satisfactory answer to my question. I just got an generic reply. You don't "force people to change policies" directly, just by increasing the premium so much that people will change or cancel.Hi Honesty, it is difficult to answer unless I have the policies and can look into it for you. If you are happy to, please feel free to email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy numbers and we will investigate with the resolutions team in order to come back to you with a more satisfactory answer. Many thanks.

Delays in processing claim

My claim has been in the system for several months. There is always another excuse not to process it. Not Peace of Mind after all. A whole lot of hassle

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJune 2019
Hi CMC, I am very sorry to hear this. Please can you email insurance@bowwow.com.au with either your claim or policy number and I will find out what the hold up is and make sure it is sorted out. Many thanks.BW09907636 is the policy number. I don't have a claim number, as the claim was lodged by my vet

Best value and easy!

I've had my bulldog insured with Bow Wow Meow since she was 10 weeks old, she's now almost 5. During that time she's needed a couple of operations and treatment for allergies. Every time i submit a claim form, I'm kept up to date with its progress and are paid so promptly. I'll never insure my dog with anyone else.

Claim MadeYes
Glad we have met or exceeded expectations Vicki. Thanks for the review.

Highly Recommend

So glad we took out cover for our pet from the start. Easy to claim and monitor with Bow Wow Meow’s pet portal and communication and claims are settled quickly and efficiently. Based on past experience I highly recommend.

Claim ApprovedYes
Good to hear! Thanks for sharing Happy Customer.

Absolutely great services!

I said to my family that it would be good that there was a plan like this for human beings! My puppy had his shoulder broken playing with his best friend, a golden retriever puppy. This insurance covered 80% all the expensives exams and all surgery costs. Not sure what I would do if I didn't have this insurance. To make it even better, the claim process was very easy and quick. Highly recommended!

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Jeanine, thanks so much for the review. Glad the claims process was quick and easy.

Great insurance

Have been very happy with Bow Wow meow. Have been with this company since April 2016. Have made claims for various things with our rascally whippet. The claims were processed promptly each time via vet within 12 days hassle free.

Good to hear. Thanks for the review EmD

Recently made our first claim. Staff were helpful and friendly and our claim was processed quickly and smoothly.

We got pre-approval got our claim which was a quick, simple process and when we lodged it was processed in about a week. Like any insurance it seems like a waste until you need it. This is the only claim we’ve made and it was fairly minor but I’m still glad we’ve got the piece of mind of having our dogs insured, you just never know what’s going to happen.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for sharing this Cathy. Glad we could assist.

Saved me heaps

Got Insurance as soon as we picked up our puppy , thats about 4 months ago. Had 2 claims since, which was super easy to submit got our money paid after a week, so we’ll happy.

Claim DateAugust 2019
Glad we could assist Ramunas. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Great to have a claim settled so quickly and hassle free.

Unfortunately we have had to make a few claims over the last 3 years for our much loved American/English crossed staffy canine Jessie who just turned 5 . Thanks to Bow Wow for making the claim process easy for us and promptly dealt with as well. Shes is on the road to recovery now.

Claim ApprovedYes
That's good to hear she is on the road to recovery Lumia. Thank you for the review.

Help when needed most

My giant breed dog has had some major health issues this year which have been difficult to resolve. I have had to make several claims and I have found Bow Wow Meow to be very efficient in their processing of those claims. It has certainly removed the financial stress from our situation. Based on my experience so far, I would highly recommend BWM.

Claim DateMay 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for sharing Margot. I hope you get to the bottom of your dog's health issues.

Had to nudge several times to get an answer

It was a straight forward claim for my 8 month old cat who has never had anything wrong with her before and comes from a pedigree breeder. I was asked 3 days after submitting the claim to send all history which I did instantly. I didn’t hear back so called and they said they hadn’t received the email with attachments so I resent and they said they had received and I would hear back in 5 days which I didn’t. I called again a week later and they said they were still waiting for the documents but after being on the phone for several minutes said that actually they had received the documents and they were with the claims team. I asked them to escalate this to a manger and get back to be that day with a response. I received an email the next day and they said they couldn’t find any previous records for my cat at the vet I had to explain the reason is because she’s never had anything wrong with her at the age of 8 months. Eventually we revived the claim money but the process was painful and slow.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Cocosass, I am very sorry to hear this. It is disappointing and not the level of service we strive for. Please can you email your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au. Apologies once again.

Amazing!

Amazing! Always receive the rebate in only a few days. So efficient! Staff are always so helpful too. Have not had a single issue as of yet. I recommend Bow Wow to EVERYONE

Claim DateSeptember 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks so much Gabrielle. We are glad we could assist and that the claims experience was a good one.

Worth every penny

It feels like a big expense, but it is so great when you are dealing with a loved pet, suddenly falling ill, and you have reassurance that you will not be immediately up for a huge fee

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks Alina Z. Glad we could help in your time of need.

Good value and highly responsive service for claims
I swapped insurers in January on advice from my daughter - very glad I did as my previous insurer was negative when it came to claiming

Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for the review Shona. Glad you have had a positive experience with us.

Amazing cover, excellent service

I’ve been with bow wow meow for 2 years. Best investment I made. Claim process is so easy and so quick to get the money back. It is easy to use the portal online and when I contacted staff it was so quick and professional when I got a response back. Highly recommend!

Claim ApprovedYes
That's great to hear Madison. Appreciate you sharing your experience with us.

Willa’s ACL claim

I submitted Willa’s claim along with all her medical history from vets she had been to.

I received countless emails requesting her vet history when this had already been provided. I also received upwards of 3 emails requesting further clarification. It was annoying and not necessary. I had called your contact centre multiple times out of sheer frustration that this information had already been provided.

After countless phone calls she escalated my claim and this was processed without further issues. However I found the experience pretty poor to be honest. The claim was paid quite quickly. I just hope going forward I do not have an experience like this again

To be completely honest I pay premiums to ensure that my pet is covered and I felt that your business thought I had something to hide and I was not genuine with the information I was presenting by the constant coming back to me for further clarification. My pets health and well-being is the upmost priority to me and I didn’t enjoy the experience one bit

I will provide a good response to the customer service consultant I spoke to multiple time because she was very apologetic and escalated my concerns where required - but I don’t believe that you have the systems in place for areas of the business to communicate with each other

Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Chloe, thank you for your honest feedback. That is disappointing to hear - I am sorry abut this and I agree, we should definitely not be asking for further clarification. We actually have a separate team who is supposed to follow up directly with your vet. Please can you email your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate what occurred. Many thanks.

Easy to Claim on ultrasound

Having pet insurance with bow wow meow gave me a peace of mind. I have recently claimed a few small things and were happy with the claim so far. My vets recommended to me to do an ultrasound on my young dog for potential liver dysfunction . The result is clear and claiming is easy . The claim period usually within one week but the ultrasound took a bit longer . To know that my young pup do not have any hereditary illness makes me feel relieved after the ultrasound. I would have been so worried if this is not performed and since it is been advised by few vets to do it.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for sharing Silver J. Good to hear we can provide you with peace of mind and that your pup does not have any hereditary illnesses.

Peace of mind

Good policy but increases are high, been with them for over 7 years, love a reduction or discount peace of mind for my two pets and myself, accident and illness cover.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thanks for the review Belinda and for being such a loyal customer. Please email your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I can get our team to see if there is anything we can do when it comes to your policy. Many thanks.

Very pleased with this service

BWM have been great to deal with so far. Unfortunately our 1 year old dog had to have some expensive screenings and tests. It's such a relief to know we can just go ahead with whatever is needed with the security of this policy.

Claim ApprovedYes
Thank you for the review Dogfather. Happy to hear we can provide a good level of comfort.

Best money ever spent for peace of mind

We compared many products and chose Bow Wow Meow for many reasons. Very easy to navigate around the website and choose the Insurance that we were happiest with. Our Vet lodges the claim for us and in no time it is back in our bank account. Just knowing that our dog is covered, is great peace of mind. no excess, high annual limit, dental covered. At 6 months we had desexing and hernia op covered a month later luxating patella surgery, all covered. Could not be happier. I see some bad reviews but often this is because people have not read the PDS.. or compared apples with apples..when getting a policy.

Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi Jeanette, appreciate for the review. Glad we have been able to match or exceed expectations.

If I have claimed and have paid excess already on that claim and it so happens to roll over to my new policy do I have to pay excess again for the same claim?
Yes, I think you'll find the excess is a yearly thing and per condition which is treated. You might need to read your PDS or check with BWM.Hi Holly, Honesty is correct. It is during the annual policy period. In other words, you won't need to pay the excess again in the same policy period for the same condition. However, you will need to pay the excess in the new policy period.

My policy for a 4yo beaglier always insured with you has increased by $136 this year despite no major claims. Seems a lot. Like your co. but considering getting other quotes.
Hi Judy, thanks for reaching out. Please email your policy number to insurance@bowwow.com.au so that we can investigate and get back to you. Many thanks.

does it cover desexing of a puppy
Hi Shall, our policies don't cover desexing. However, if you include the optional routine care cover with your policy, it will provide limited cover, which is $50 towards desexing (https://bowwowinsurance.com.au/routine-care-cover/).

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Accident PlusBow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Peace of MindBow Wow Meow Pet Insurance - Ultimate Care
CategoryPet InsurancePet InsurancePet Insurance
Accidental Injury CoverIncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverNot IncludedOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$1,200$2,000$3,000
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600 (6 months waiting period)$2,600 (6 months waiting period)$3,200
Waiting Period for Illness Not Included30 Days30 Days