4.2

2,007 reviews

smarte

smarteMid North Coast, NSW

Stress-free claim

Everything about this insurance has been easy. Easy to sign up. Easy to claim. Transparency in the policy. When we had to make a claim, we were informed of the process and the refund was with us within a week.

Dog lover

Dog loverSydney, NSW

Great pet insurance for our dog

We switched over to Bow Wow Meow in 2017 because we were unhappy with our previous pet insurance company. Since then, they've made the process of claiming easier, with online submissions first, to the vet being able to submit claims on our behalf. It makes it very streamlined, so all we need to do is to give our vet our pet policy number. Bow Wow Meow are generally pretty quick to respond to our claim, usually within a week. Only once did it take a few weeks and I had to follow up with them, but it was just that once. They are great overall and would recommend Bow Wow Meow insurance for your dog or cat.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Tracy P.

Tracy P.Perth, WA

Claim process

Everything about this policy is great. The price is reasonable and the claim process is easy. Our vet processes the claim on our behalf and then boom the money is in our account within a week. We have had no issue making a claim with this company.

Bob

BobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Very glad we took out insurance

Very easy claims process. Our vet did it all for us. Policy is good value. We have been insured for three years Nd this is our first claim so far.

Claim MadeNo
Peter B

Peter BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Exactly what you could hope for

Several years ago, we had pet insurance with a different company for an earlier dog and our experience could not have been worse. At every turn they seemed to only look for reasons to exclude and never paid a claim. We have now adopted a Labradore cross puppy and after much research chose Bow Wow Meow as our provider. We have had to make 2 claims in the first 4 months, and the result has been perfect service. Our vet lodged the claims and within a few short days the appropriate refund was in the bank.... just like insurance should be. We could not be happier, nor more confident, that this level of service will continue.

Karen

KarenSydney, NSW

The best cover for our little mate

Our 4 year old cavoodle was recently diagnosed with cancer. He has had an operation to remove three tumours and then had follow up oncology tests and scans.
We couldn’t be happier with our choice to cover Bailer through Bow Wow Meow. They processed our claims promptly and made a stressful time much easier to cope with.
Thank you.

Louise

LouiseST ANDREWS

Best Pet Insurance out there!

The Accident Plus is great value - my gorgeous goldie is one and he had terrible gastro earlier this year, and I honestly did not think my insurance would cover me for as much as it did! Not only did I get majority of the spend back, the payment was made swiftly into my bank account. It was a huge relief!! I can't recommend Bow Wow Meow enough. It's already made it worthwhile for me. After much research, this is by far the best out there. Thank you!

bln63

bln63Sydney, NSW

Excellent Customer Service

My young puppy suffered an unfortunate accident 2 days after taking out my policy and I was so impressed with the level of service that followed from the first person I spoke to through to ease of claim process and constant updates on claim status through to final payment of claim .
This amazing experience has lead me to recommend bow wow meow to several of my friends who were looking for a pet insurance that follows through on their promises.
A special mention needs to go to Greg Mattes the general manager of bow wow meow who followed up to check if I was happy with claims process and outcome.
This is an exceptional company that delivers on everything stated in policy .Keep up the good work !

Happy Customer

Happy CustomerWestern District, VIC

Highly Recommend! ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

I have been with Bow Wow Meow for approximately 9 years for my 2 Staffies and highly recommend them! Just recently my boy Axel had to have his leg amputated due to a bone tumor, the claim process was quick and easy! Always is!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for that 'Happy Customer'. Wishing Axel a speedy recovery!

Find out how Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance compares to other Pet Insurance

Glad we have pet insurance although I wished it covered other things a bit better

Been with company since August 2017 and think other basic things as well as teeth should be covered more for this amount. Claim came through in reasonable time and my call to ask a question was helpful enough. I was disappointed that I never received anything to give me the breakdown of what was covered until I called and even then it wasn't what I expected.

Excellent service

Joined Bow Wow approximately 5 months ago. Then last month our rescue dog became very sick quickly and her health deteriorated. We took her straight to the animal hospital in Sinnamon Park (very good service). She stayed overnight, they ran numerous tests and scans, and provided medicine etc. We asked the hospital to do whatever it took to make her well again but of course the cost was building up. Our claim was lodged - first claim we’ve had to lodge. Fairly quick turn around and we were thrilled and surprised at how much our insurance covered! Very happy customers.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for sharing Hannah. Happy to hear our service was excellent.

Trisha H.

Trisha H.South East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely faultless

Have made a couple of claims to date and have had the claim processed and money back within days. Very happy customer, I would highly recommend using bow wow meow

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks Trisha, it is good to hear we have matched or exceeded expectations.

Robyn

RobynSydney, NSW

Peace of mind that our fur baby was covered

Our beautiful 12 year old lab suddenly got very sick. We felt so fortunate to know that we had taken our pet insurance some time ago with Bow Wow. Knowing that we were covered gave us considerable peace of mind as the road to recovery was expensive.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Robyn. Glad we could assist and happy that your pet is on the road to recovery.

Lorenzo Cattano

Lorenzo CattanoSydney, NSW

Our big boy, Sebastian, is 5 years old and has been super healthy until a few weeks ago when he had to undergo emergency surgery to get the gall bladder removed.
Bow Wow Meow and my Vet worked together on the claim without us having to worry about the payment which is great value when all your attentions are somewhere else.
We will always be grateful to the Vet and Bow Wow Meow for saving Sebastian.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Sebastian. Glad we were able to help.

The easiest no fuss insurance claim I’ve ever made

I have had insurance for our dog with Bow Wow Meow for 6 years now. I can honesty say that I have never once had difficulty in making a claim. Teddy recently had surgery on his spine, and I phoned to make sure our level of cover made this surgery possible, we were reassured it was, and we had 80% of our claim reimbursed and back in our account within one week of lodging the claim. It could not have been easier. I have and will continue to recommend this insurance to all of our family and friends.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Annette, thank you for the review. Glad we have been able to make it so easy and stress free.

Cecilia

CeciliaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great cover for our dog

Easy to set up the policy
Easy to put in claims
Claims are processed quickly and efficiently
Very happy with bow wow, great value
Been with Bow wow for almost 5 years

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for sharing Cecilia. Glad it has been going well for the last 5 years.

Efficient And Seamless

Bow Wow Meow insurance claim process is so efficient and seamless. The vet completes the claim online and Bow Wow processes within a couple of days. So easy and worry free.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks Mouse. Glad we have matched or exceeded expectations.

Shaun Grein

Shaun GreinPerth, WA

Couldnt be happier with Bow Wow Meow

We took out pet insurance with Bow Wow Meow for our dog as a pup 7 years ago and as recently as a few months ago was thinking about not renewing insurance as we had never made a claim, but after been struck down with a terrible bout of gastro, and copping thousands of dollars of vet and hospital fees, I am thankful I didn't. Bow Wow Meow processed and paid our claim within 7 days of lodgement. Couldnt be more satisfied!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear we were able to assist Shaun. Thanks for the review.

Rowena

RowenaVictoria

Very satisfied with my policy

Im in the 4th year of cover for my Labrador. During this time I've unfortunately had 2 serious incidents requiring hospitalisation for 4/5 days. I cannot fault my experiences with claims against my policy. There were no issues with dealing with my claims, I was kept informed about progress and received reimbursement in a timely manner. Despite having these claims my premium is still good value for money when compared to other providers, although this particular policy is no longer on offer.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Rowena. Glad it has gone well.

really does give me peace of mind.

I was recommended by our vet to get pet insurance for our golden retriever puppy. I am so glad we chose Bow wow meow because they have made it so easy to make a claim via the pet portal. They communicated clearly via text and email and our claim was processed quickly.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

That is great to hear Jessica. Thank you for the review.

Melanie G

Melanie Gasked

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi. What is covered with "Alternative Therapy" on your dog insurance policy? Acupuncture?

Hi Melanie
Alternative Therapy refers to us covering the cost of any examination, Consultation, advice, test and legally prescribed medication for the following procedures where they treat an Illness or Injury. This includes any Veterinary Treatment specifically needed to carry out the procedure:
1. Physiotherapy or physical therapy (not including Hydrotherapy) carried out by a qualified animal Physiotherapist or Vet;
2. Chiropractic manipulation carried out by a staff member of a veterinary practice, providing the staff member is a qualified animal chiropractor;
3. Acupuncture carried out by a Vet; or
4. Hydrotherapy carried out by a staff member of a veterinary practice in a pool/water treadmill owned by the Veterinary practice providing the member is a qualified animal hydrotherapist.

Claudia

Claudiaasked

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi, just wanting to know if IVDD is covered under the peace of mind policy. Thank you

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Claudia, yes it is. As long as it is not a pre-existing condition or a condition discovered in the first 30 days from policy inception.

Fay V.asked

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

My dog, (who is uninsured), has recently blown his CCL. We will of course fund all his care but knowing his other leg will possibly go the same route (it seems a high probability from all reading). I am looking at whether the Insurance offered by BWM would in fact cover his other (currently non damaged) CCL should it too go, or would you call it "pre-existing" as his other leg will have already been treated??

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Fay V, no it wouldn't be considered a pre-existing condition. However, there are sub limits on cruciate ligaments (depending on what policy you have). If you use your full limit on the one leg, then you won't be able to claim on the other leg in the same policy period. You will be able to claim on it in the following annual policy period.

Fay V.

Actually - on reading YOUR website as about to purchase - you are incorrect. and you wont cover. That would have been disappointing!!!!
Whilst you've said it wouldn't be considered pre-existing - you won't cover it, under a different terminology "Bilateral Condition"
You may want to review your own PSD: What is an example of a Bilateral Condition?
A. An example would be, if your pet displays clinical signs of a cruciate
ligament Condition in the left leg prior to insurance or during the Waiting
Period (a Pre-existing Condition), Vet Expenses for a subsequent cruciate
ligament Condition in the right leg will not be covered. (Refer to the
‘Bilateral Condition’ definition on page 14).

So in fact, this is not covered

Buyer beware on asking questions and expecting honest answers.........

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

My apologies Fay, I didn't realise that you are not insured. This was an oversight. The above only applies to someone who has an existing policy PRIOR to the condition arising and not within the 30 day waiting period. I am sorry once again - this was a genuine oversight.

Get an answer from our members and Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance representatives