1,150

Brittany

Brittany

Horrible with paying out claims

Claim DateNovember 2019

LAUREN KENT

LAUREN KENTGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The best $47 a month we spend!

Such a small amount of money per month that really gives us peace of mind, to be able to give our fur family member the very best care when (unfortunately) it is needed. Very easy to set up. Their claim process is so easy & streamlined. We have needed to claim twice in 18 months & each claim has been processed in under 3 weeks. Very happy customers!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Lauren. Glad you have found value in our policies and that it all went smoothly.

Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed with low limit on vet consult fees

Our dog became very ill overnight (vomiting and bloody diarrhoea) and we had to rush her to an emergency vet. The consult fee was $130. After an overnight stay, we took our dog back to her regular vet ($74 per consult) the following morning. We had to make multiply visits to our vet before the problem was diagnosed three weeks later. After lodging my claim, I was advised that consultation fees are only covered up to $300 per year. I am very disappointed by this low limit and annoyed that I am significantly out of pocket after my pet's recent illness. I will probably not renew my insurance with Bow Wow Meow next year.

Eliza

ElizaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So glad we got pet insurance

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Eliza. Glad we were able to cover most of the cost with very little hassle. We wish your dog a speedy recovery.

Ric

RicNorth Queensland, QLD

So Happy to have it

Ever since our little pup had her accident at 12weeks, BWM has been helpful and paid our major claims, even when she required further surgery over a year latter we had no issues.
Now we are not talking a few hundred dollars, we have spend over the $4k getting a specialist orthopaedic surgeon to operate on her injuries....
We could have only have done this after knowing that BWM was there to help us cover the costs, otherwise we may have had to consider the option that no pet lover wants to thinks about.
We are very happy that we have this cover..
Ric, Tash & of course Amber :)

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Glad we could assist Ric. Thanks for the review and wishing your little pup a speedy recovery.

Disappointed

DisappointedMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Peace of mind

I have been with BWM since my JackRussell was a pup, he is now five. Recently he required emergency treatment and a stay at the vet. The claim was speedily processed and the refund paid without delay.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Disappointed. Glad the claim went well.

It has answered my needs in the last three years of my two dogs' lives

We have been with them for 16 years approx. The last three to four years were good when our elderly dogs. The claims were well processed well and in a timely. We felt it to be well adequate to our needs.

Claim MadeNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Sherry. Glad we could help out with any unforeseen bills.

Lola

LolaSouth-East, TAS

Prompt and efficient handling of claims

I have been with this company for 8 years, and although premiums are now quite high, as my dog ages, this is obviously when more Veterinary care and associated expenses may escalate. I have been extremely satisfied with the way my frequent , recent claims have been handled. I have been kept informed of their progress, and service has been efficient and prompt. Although I wish that it were possible to claim more than $300 annually for Vet consultations, I would still highly recommend Bow Wow Meow. Thank you for a great service.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Lola, thank you for your review. Good to hear that we have a prompt and efficient claims process.

Deb

DebWestern Australia

Great Insurance Experience.

Am first time insurer & no regrets. Recent claim with rebate lodged by vet upon payment. Bow Wow text claim progress & rebate received in bit over a week. Fabulous product & service.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Good to hear this Deb. Thank you for the review.

Mostly really good - couple of points to consider

Mostly extremely happy with Bow Wow Meow (BMW). Recently my 14 yo had a couple of issues that were quite expensive. I found it easy to lodge claims, with fast turnaround. I've been disappointed,though, that there is a $300 pa consultation limit. Also when I rang recently with a question, it took 40 minutes for the person to understand what I was saying and give me clarity. I have seen from another review that the call centre is now overseas. When I first inquired about joining 5 years ago , I was very impressed with someone who was clearly in this country and had good knowledge. It is a shame this does not continue.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Sophie's mum
Sophie's mum

No need. Bu thank you for offering

Julie Allman

Julie Allman

So glad I chose Bow Wow Meow

Could not be more pleased with policies with Bow Wow; have 5( 4 cats and 1 dog) all insured with this company. Claim process very easy have never regretted taking out insurance with this company.

Number of Pets5 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear...thanks for the review Julie.

Simon M

Simon MCanberra 2600, ACT

Really good experience

Bow Wow Meow was absolutely fantastic when my dog was having treatment for cancer.

My vet was able to lodge every claim automatically (so no paperwork for me) and the money was usually in my account in less than a week.

Bow Wow Meow covered 80% of everything (plus annual excess) and didn't dispute any claims. There were a couple of administrative stuff-ups I had to contact the company about but they were fixed very quickly.

Bases on my experience I'd definitely recommend them. Just make sure you read all the terms carefully before you sign up as they do have some limits and exclusions (e.g. they wont cover anything dental). But overall I was very impressed, especially as they are one of the cheaper options!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Simon. Glad we met or exceeded expectations.

Angela

AngelaCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Re improvements to online claims

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great benefits but slow claim process

I have 2 policies for my rotties and the benefits are great but when it comes to the claim process it can be really long and drawn out before you receive the remittance payment. sometimes up to 2 weeks before you see the funds and majority of the time you need the money back asap.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Emily, thank you for the review. The claim payment should not take so long though. My apologies....please can you email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and the above review so that we can investigate. Thanks

nicoleandmavvie

nicoleandmavvieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very happy customer

Couldn't be happier with Bow Wow Meow. We lodged an expensive claim after only holding our policy for a few weeks and the whole experience was smooth and speedy. Really impressed. Organised our insurance within the first week of bringing our puppy home and so glad we did - accidents happen.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi NicoleandMavvie, thank you for the review. We are really glad we were able to assist and glad you had pet insurance as soon as you got your pup.

Could not be happier.

First claim in four years, and was blown away by everything. Used Gap Only and also Online claims for initial IVDD vet visit and then subsequent specialist surgery. Have a happy walking dog who otherwise would not be with us. Happy to recommend Bow Wow Meow to anyone.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Libby! Glad it went well. Feedback re new plans noted too.

Broseph24

Broseph24Sydney, NSW

Great pet insurance plan and service! No issues so far

We have 2 cavoodle dogs that have a Peace of Mind policy.
So far so good. Claiming is easy and can be done online. It does take a few days to process.
The only issue was we weren't communicated that there was a new policy "Peace of Mind, Ultimate".
We were on a previous policy with limited limits etc. Our old policy remained and not changed to the new one automatically nor was we notified of new policy plans.

Thanks for the review and for the feedback Broseph24

Ben

BenCentral Queensland, QLD

Can't believe I Needed It So Early!

We only took it out at the beginning of the year for our pup and we needed only a few months later. We submitted the claim through our vet and never had a problem. The response was very quick and we received our claim payment within 2 weeks of making it. Very impressed.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear Ben. Thank you for the review.

Money for nothing

Money for nothingGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very Easy Experience

We recently lodged a claim for our dog after ten years with Bow Wow Meow. A big thank you for the ease of experience and prompt resolution of our claim. It was great to know there was a safety net supporting us when we needed it.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Money for nothing, that great to hear.

Kelsey Briggs

Kelsey BriggsGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

So easy & great prices. Very compassionate customer service too

So easy, made one claim the process was quick and simple and everyone was so lovely on the phone. Our claim was submitted and refunded within days simply by uploading on the portal

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Kelsey. Glad it has gone well!

Bernie

Bernieasked

Hello, I wish to cancel my two dogs' insurance policy. I have been very disappointed by the minimal refunds we have received and feel that your (and other pet insurance companies') advertising is a bit misleading when you claim to refund up to 80%. It was closer to 15% to 25% of the total cost of vet fees. Additionally, your PDS, on closer inspection, does not cover a range of conditions pertinent to my dogs. Can you please tell me how to cancel the policies?

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Bernie, I am sorry you feel disappointed. Just like most the pet insurers in the market, there is an annual sub limit of $300 on vet consults which is why you may not have received 80% back. There are a few other sub limits, however, most of the conditions we cover will go up to 80% of the annual limit. Please email bowwow@petsure.com.au to cancel your policy. Thank you.

Sture.E

Sture.Easked

Do you have third party liability insurance

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Sture.E, no we don't. We have not had much demand for this.

John

Johnasked

Hi, I just received my renewal policy and my premium increased an exorbitant 46%.
Even taking into consideration any discount I received for my first year membership, I find this increase difficult to quantify.
Also, what is and why am I incurring a "Stamp duty" fee. I cannot find anything in the PDS that explains this charge.

Regards

J

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi John, please can you email your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will send it through to our resolutions team to investigate. Many thanks.

Get an answer from our members and Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance representatives