See the Best Pet Insurance in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Pros

Great customer service
Quick, straightforward claims process
Competitive pricing

About Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance offers cover for cats and dogs, with over 120,000 Aussie pet owners using them to protect their animals.

There are different levels of cover to choose from:

• Dogs: Accident only (Accident Plus); Accident and illness (two levels of cover: Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care).
  • Cats: Accident only (Accident Plus); Specified illness (Indoor Cat); Accident and illness (two levels of cover: Peace of Mind, Ultimate Care).

You can get up to 80% of eligible vet bills reimbursed, and you also have the option to change the percentage of your benefit. There’s also no excess, so you can claim for even small eligible vet expenses.

Bow Wow Meow boasts an easy claim process, and you can get your claim processed on the spot, so you only have to pay the gap at the vet.

The pet insurer also offers discounts for puppies and kittens, a 10% multi-pet discount, and a complimentary ID tag every year, and a pet health card for you to keep in your wallet.

Points of praise:

• Most reviewers found that the customer service at Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance was excellent. They described staff as professional, compassionate people who “truly care about their furry clients”.
  • They also found that submitting a claim was a very quick, simple and straightforward process, and the claim itself was processed quickly. A number of reviewers said that the GapOnly™ service claim made it convenient for them, as they didn’t have to pay more out of pocket than they needed to.
  • Overall, reviewers found that their policy with Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance represented great value for money, saying that they got good policy inclusions at a competitive price.

ProductReview_2022 Awards_logo

For the fifth year running, Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance has won a ProductReview.com.au Award for Best Pet Insurance. The pet insurance received rave reviews, with those using the service praising the company for their exceptional customer service and transparent pricing and product.

Compare all 3 Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Accidental Injury Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Illness CoverNot IncludedIncludedIncluded
Routine Care CoverOptional ExtraOptional ExtraOptional Extra
Tick Paralysis$1,200$2,000$3,000
Emergency Boarding Fees$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days$500 if you are hospitalised for 5 or more consecutive days
Lifetime Cover IncludedIncludedIncluded
Cooling Off Period21 Days21 Days21 Days
Consultation Fees$300$300$300
Cruciate Ligament Conditions$2,600 (6 months waiting period, can be waived on application)$2,600 (6 months waiting period, can be waived on application)$3,200 (6 months waiting period, can be waived on application)
Waiting Period for Illness Not Included30 Days30 Days
Compare all 3 Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (339)
    • 1-2 weeks (257)
    • 2-4 weeks (116)
    • 1-2 months (33)
    • 3+ months (11)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (702) · No (44)

TJones
TJonesMelbourne

Bow Wow Wowzers!

I have been with BWM for 9 years and had nothing but excellent service and care for my dog. Claims are handled professionally and quickly and communication has been great throughout. I do not think I could find a better insurance company for our dog. Thank you.

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Thank you for this wonderful feedback, you've made our day! We are so happy to have been able to look after you and your gorgeous Schnauzer for so many years and give you great service. All the best from the Bow Wow team. :)

Pet insurance - Wouldn't live without it

I have never had or needed pet insurance before but BWM made it easy to set up and easy to claim direct through my vet. It gives me peace of mind given rising medical costs.

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Jo, Thanks so much for the lovely review. Glad to hear you have been able to take advantage of the Gap Only claims system and that we could take some of the stress out of taking your dog to the vet. All the best from the Bow Wow team :)

Will C.
Will C.Sydney, NSW

Avoid, avoid, AVOID! absolute rip off

DebiJ
DebiJGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Ease of Claims!

Claims are very easy to put in and are processed quickly and with good explanation. I have been with Bow Wow Meow for over five years now and have found it to be worthwhile for our boy who requires daily medication.

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Debi, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We are so happy to hear that you have been satisfied with our service and that we have been able to assist with your boy's ongoing treatment. All the best from the Bow team. :)

Will S.
Will S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Pet lover's best friend

Bow Wow Meow makes it very easy and hastle-free to look after your loved pet. It takes less than 5 minutes to make a claim and it is dealt with swiftly

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Will, thanks so much for taking the time to share your feedback. We are very happy to hear that you are satisfied with our claims process. All the best to you and your fur baby! :)

Jamie
Jamie

Best pet insurance ever. Easy and quick pet insurance claim on accidents! Very very happy customer.

- My accidents only cover is amazing value
- The longest my claim took was one day, otherwise - within hours
- 2+ years
I am a very happy customer and highly recommend Bow Wow Meow!

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Thanks for this fantastic feedback Jamie! We are so happy to hear that you find your cover to be great value and that you are happy with our claims process. We look forward to looking after your fur babies for many years to come. :)

Lizzie B
Lizzie BPerth, WA

Our first experience of pet insurance

Our dog recently broke two bones in her foot, we have had eight claims over eight weeks. Bow Wow have been great, very easy to deal with and refunds have been in our account within two to three days. We are very happy with our choice of Bow Wow and definitely would recommend them to other pet owners.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Becky
BeckyPerth, WA

Don't have a pet without it!!!

While it is a little more expensive that some other Pet Insurance you could not fault Bow Wow. From set up of account to ease of processing claims and quick claims returns, I would not use anyone else and in fact am happy to recommend them to anyone. Thank you Bow Wow for the " Peace of Mind "

Claim Made No
Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Becky, thanks for this amazing feedback. We are so thrilled to hear how happy you have been with our service and appreciate your loyalty and recommendations! All the best to you and your fur babies, from the Bow Wow team. :)

Mandy T
Mandy TSouth East Queensland, QLD

Peace of Mind regards my pets

Been insured with Bow Wow Meow for 11 years now. Recently added 2 more to the policy when I adopted 2 puppies.

Claims are resolved very quickly - can’t fault it, a pleasure to deal with.

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Thanks so much for being such a loyal customer Mandy, and for this lovely feedback. We hope to be able to give you and your fur babies many years of great service and support! :)

Rebecca R.
Rebecca R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great Insurance

Great insurance, limits and sub-limits are very clear and I've never had any trouble being reimbursed for anything. Turnaround is also very quick, I usually receive payment within 1-2 weeks of submitting.

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Hi Rebecca, thanks so much for taking the time to share your views. We are very happy to hear how satisfied you have been with our service and look forward to looking after you for many years to come. All the best from the Bow Wow team. :)

Lulu
LuluSydney, NSW

Great Insurance company- hassle free claims!

We have been insured with Bow Wow Meow since 2019 with our first ever dog! We have claimed twice so far with no issues at all. We are on the 80% Claim Policy. Claims done direct by vet- no paperwork. These policies increase each year and it’s easy to call up and speak about your policy before Renewal. Shout out to Jaycee for amazing customer service- explaining the features and reiterating the changes I wanted to implement.

Mara
Mara

Lowest Payout

Recently moved over to Bow Wow Meow after a bad experience with RSPCA insurance but I’m starting to think that was a mistake.

A vet visit, surgery, vaccinations and microchipping later and I’m only getting $80 back from a $279 bill?? Extremely disappointed with such a low payout amount. Maybe it’s not even worth having insurance at this rate.. you get slapped in the face by this company.

Claim Made Yes

Pain
PainVictoria

One of the best Insurance

We were in difficult times in our life and this company understood our concerns and did helped us with our pet's needs. Very easy to handle and communicate with the team. They deserve more than 5 stars. Customer service was excellent.

Bow Wow teamBow Wow Meow Pet InsuranceSend a private message

Best insurance for my pets

Easy to set up my insurance, made a couple of claims over the 4 years I have been with them and claim paid out within a couple of days each time

Hi Carol,
Thank you for the kind review. We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with us over the last 4 years. Your continued loyalty is greatly appreciated. All the best from the Bow Wow team :)

Geoff
GeoffCentral Queensland, QLD

Best ever and truly honest pet insurance company.

We have been with Bow Wow Meow Pet insurance for now over 8 years and they have been expectational. Always punctual with our claims and never an argument about the claims that we have summited. Believe it or not, this is a very honest insurance company that strives to honor their commitment to their customers. For example, we received a sum of money from Bow Wow the other day after they had identified that my policy was higher than it should be. I would not have known the difference as we have been extremely happy with Bow Wow over the past 8 years. This is truly a great and honest pet insurance company.