• Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks (86) · <1 week (79) · 2-4 weeks (41) · 1-2 months (17) · 3+ months (3)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (209) · No (16)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Lucy

LucySouth West, WA

Peace of mind

Good value for peace of mind accident cover. Resolved claim in an efficient manner, very simple process to follow and received claim funds promptly. Insured with Bow Wow for over 11 years now.

Claim DateMarch 2019

Felicity

FelicityGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

expensive for little value and big random price hikes.

Have been with for a long time (8+ years) however, get random price hikes- One just went up over $20 per month. Now in excess of $70 per month for one cat. Little value. Think we have done one claim where we got $500 back for a paralysis tick.
Process to cancel is horrendous. After a third call 1 weekend (not open), one 8:40 (went through it all.. but then the other team they wanted to put me through to doesn't start till after 9) 3rd call someone to organise the cancellation _ then had an extremely length process waiting on "hold" to speak to someone - this just played a "disclosure tape". Super inefficient process.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

I can't stress enough - Do not use this product.

I have just had my insurance claim turned down . No reason given other than the fact that my patella injury is not covered. Yet nowhere in the paper work is this disclosed.
This is a really expensive mistake for me - I just beg other people to please please not use this insurer! I have just paid $3500 out on vet care to not even have a properly worded letter sent on why the issue was refused.
I am currently now involved in having to take legal advice and contact the insurance ombudsman about this firm.

Claim ApprovedNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

We are very sorry to hear that you are having these issues and we would like to investigate it further. Would it be possible to send an email to social@bowwow.com.au with your policy number so we can do so? Thanks so much.

Sammy C.Perth, WA

Monthly cost goes up $30 after first year

Great for the first year, but then without warning the monthly cost goes up $30. When I spoke to someone they said it would continue to increase every 12 months. Lol - I’ve gone elsewhere to insure my pup.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi there Sammy. Yes you are correct that the costs to insure pets do typically go up as our pets get older, as does the cost of their medical treatment. You will find this is the case with every pet insurer unfortunately.

thomarms

thomarmsGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Pet Insurance that does what it should.

I chose Bowwow Meow because they seemed to have few complaints for non-payment of claims, and I haven't been disappointed.
Our dog was extremely enough to get cancer at a fairly young age and soon after we started the insurance policy, but insurer came through. Due to her cancer treatments, we've made a lot of claims. With one or two exceptions, claiming was easy, and claims were paid fairly promptly. Because of the policy, we were able to give her the treatment that she deserved, when we would've otherwise struggled.
On one occasion, a large claim took longer than average; I called their customer service team and it was resolved soon after. I plan to insure with them again.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your review, and we are glad to hear that we have been able to help with costs in providing the treatment that your girl needs. We hope she is doing well now. :)

Lisa

LisaPerth, WA

Great Pet Insurance

We have had this policy for 9 years now and have used to claim a few small things along the way. Recently we noticed our Chihuahua drinking alot more water than usual. After taking her to the vet and having to go through several blood tests, MRI's and a liver biopsy, i cannot thank Bow wow enough for covering these high costs.
Claims were easy to put it via the website and all the claims were processed in a timely manner.
I would highly recommend Bow Wow Meow

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for the review Lisa. I hope your little Chihuahua is doing well.

Excellent Insurance and Customer Care

We couldn't be happier with the care that Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance has provided for our three cats. Their genuine care and concern for the health and wellbeing our pets has far exceeded our expectations.
Liana in the Customer Care Team has been exceptional to deal with - thank you so much Liana! You are a gem!
We also have friends who have pets insured with them and they too are very happy.
If you are considering a pet insurer, you won't be disappointed.
Highly recommended.

Number of Pets3 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to see that we have met or exceeded your expectations Sophie. Thank you for the review and recommendation.

Blair

BlairSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy claims with good turn around times

It was a very stressful time for us having our little puppy in emergency. I was so relieved to find that the claims process was so easy and efficient. You cannot judge an insurance company until it comes to claim time and for me Bow Wow was absolutely fantastic!

Claim DateOctober 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thank you for the review Blair. Happy to hear that it went well!

I have recently made two claims for significant operations for each of my two dogs. Bow Wow Meow processed the claims quit, and worked directly with my vet to get additional information required for processing. I couldn’t be happier with their service and general coverage of the policy.

Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog

Great to hear. Thanks you for the review Happy in Darwin

Lesley

Lesley

Relieved to have cover when the unexpected happens.

Bow Wow Meow were fantastic. Our vet was able to lodge the claim on our behalf including the submission of all documentation and the claim payment was in our bank account within one week. Couldn't be happier, thank you.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for sharing Lesley! Appreciate the review.

Shanzel

Shanzel

Don't expect great service towards the end of policy life.

Claim ApprovedNo
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Shanzel, I am so sorry to hear this. Please can you email me your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will look into this ASAP. Many thanks.

Casey A.

Casey A.Perth, WA

Best pet insurance for our dog

Best thing we did was getting Pet insurance with Bow Wow Meow for our giant breed dog. Never had any problems with claims. Very efficient with communication, very quick to action claims and quick to refund. No complaints at all. We have had pet insurance with Bow Wow Meow since our boy was a puppy and he is now 8yrs old. I have recommended them to friends and family too. Excellent! Highly recommend them.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Casey, so glad we have met or exceeded your expectations. Thank you for the review.

Very worthwhile.

Have unfortunately had to make a lot of claims within the last year for my unwell dog and each time they have been processed quickly. Great value and easy to submit claims online.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks for sharing Amy. Glad it went well.

Lara

LaraVictoria

Great customer service

Good value Pet care policy, easy to organise our profile and make claims with their online services, customer service are always friendly and helpful and payment is quick thank you.

Good to hear. Thanks for the review Lara

Robyn.Presley

Robyn.PresleyPerth, WA

More positives than negatives

Hannah

HannahPerth, WA

Loved it! Until recently...

I had nothing but positive things to say about Bow Wow Meow until recently! I rang up to discuss removing Routine Care off my policy when my policy renews, because this is something I was told I could do when I took out my policy a year ago! But when I tried to do this I was told I would have to pay $105 instead of $71 a fortnight to remove it! How does that even make sense? Pay more money for less coverage?

Im very disappointed as Im now stuck with something I dont want on my policy especially when I didnt want to really take it out to begin with, I was talked into it!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Hannah, that does sound really strange. Please can you email your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au and I will investigate. Many thanks

SammyJ

SammyJAnnandale

Not happy! Taking my business somewhere else!

We have had our policy for one year and until recently have been quite happy and all claims paid on time. When it came time to add our new puppy to our existing policy the process was an absolute nightmare! Not only was I unable to add the new puppy online using our existing portal, the wait time on the phone was often 20 mins or longer to speak with someone and when I did get through the customer service staff were abrupt and rude! The last straw for me was when I was told as an existing customer that the premium per month for the new puppy (same breed by the way) would be $30 more a month! When I queried that the staff member was dismissive and I found another policy, a better policy so would not recommend Bow Wow!!!!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Sammy, I am sorry you feel this way. I am happy to investigate the pricing for you or have you changed insurers already?

Anne

AnneSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disappointed

Was disappointed after being with Bow Wow for approx 10 years, have never made a claim till now, I got $27 back out of $248, apparently Ambulance is not covered, an excess of $100 was charged. I am paying $43.34 a fortnight to get $27 back...not happy!!!

Jacstar

JacstarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome service and claim settled within three days!!!!!!!!

My 18 month old Cavoodle recently required a trip to the Vet Emergency hospital and subsequent follow ups with my local Vet. The claim was submitted and settled quickly (three days). Awesome service. Could not recommend Bow Wow Meow highly enough!!!!!!

So glad we could assist! Thanks Jacstar

Fantastic people. Taken the dollar trauma out of the trauma

Easy set up. Terms good. Premium very good
Claims are easy on portal and prompt payment . Gap option at some vets
Changed from another two months ago and so pleased we did

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Great to hear! Thanks for the review Jules.