Insurance rejected

My dog had surgery for peritonitis from bowel perforation, which happened after delivering a litter of puppies. The vets have said they don't know what caused the bowel to perforate and the issue is not pregnancy related. The insurance claim was rejected saying it's pregnancy related!!! It took over 3 weeks for them to reject the claim. I have asked them again and again that if I get a letter from the specialist saying the condition was not pregnancy will they cover the claim? They won't answer and keep going back to it was pregnancy related without any other valid reason. I will be taking this matter further to the ombudsman.

Dracon

Hi. I received an email days ago that resolution team is looking at the case but haven't heard anything back. The policy number is BW04914226. I have already sent another email but haven't received any response.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Thanks Dracon, I have followed up with the Resolution team. They will be in touch ASAP. Sincere apologies for r the delay.

Brooke

BrookePerth, WA

Thankyou bow wow insurance

Lodged my first claim for my German Shepherd. During a stressful time bow wow insurance were so fast and efficient and made the bill the least stressful part - we were reimbursed for 70% of the bill within 4 days. The peace of mind plan is definitely worth the price. I will definitely be recommending this pet insurance and taking out policies for my future pets with them.

Claim DateMarch 2020
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Brooke, so glad we could assist and your claim was processed smoothly. Thank you for the review.

BondiBoy

BondiBoyNew South Wales, 2026

80% refund claim paid

Having reluctantly made the grudge purchase of cat insurance for my 6-month-old kitten in early December 2019, little did I know that it was the best choice that I could have financially made during the typically costly Christmas period.
Three months later my kitten accidentally fell 1.5 stories down from my balcony to the concrete floor below fracturing both arms and also dislocating one.
Following $10,033 of surgery and hospital treatment later, Bow Wow Meow effortlessly within 3 weeks promptly refunded 80% of my claim.
Never will I stray from taking out pet insurance or from Bow Wow Meow ever again!

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Bondi Boy, sorry to hear about your kitten. Glad we were there to help and that your claim was fast and easy. Thank you for the review and hope your kitty is making a full recovery.

Alana

AlanaSouth East Queensland, QLD

No claims first year insured and premium goes up!!

Have had my dog insured for 1 year, he is about to turn 2.
I have made no claims and his yearly insurance has gone up from $449 to over $600!!
What a joke! will I be paying over $800 next year.
Cancelling asap!

Claim MadeNo
Jjjjjj

JjjjjjHarrison 2914, ACT

Don’t purchase with them! Horrible experience!

kyatesbell

kyatesbellGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Very happy customer!

I have been with Bow Wow Meow pet insurance for my Cavalier "Ruby" for 6 years now and I have never had a problem anytime I have made a claim. Simple process, around 80% each time and no hassles at all. Worth it for peace of mind.

Number of Pets-1 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

That is good to hear kyatesbell. Thanks for the review.

JoM

JoMPerth, WA

Saved us this year

Having 4 dogs insured with bow wow meow and never really having to claim on them over the past 4/5 years, that all changed this year when one of our dogs went through a nightmare year with claim after claim of unrelated condition. Bow wow meow have paid out over $4,500 to us this year. I cant express how relieved we are to have the insurance in place, we have a few more claims to make before (fingers crossed) we can get a break from the vets and I also have everything crossed bow wow meow will pay them out as quickly as they have done the rest.

Number of Pets4 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi JoM, glad we have been able to assist in your time of need. thank you for the review.

Waste money

The so-called team of veterinarians of this company called the operation to remove the testes due to the threat of cancer in my dog as usual castration and, relying on my policy, agreed to return $ 50 only. Castration $ 350, the operation that my dog needs $ 1300, payments in case of cancer - $ 0 because it is not treated in animals. In this case, it remains to watch your pet slowly dying.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Yuliya, I am sorry to hear this. Please can you email your policy number with the above review to insurance@bowwow.com.au. I will get the resolutions team to investigate as soon as possible. Many thanks.

Yuliya
Yuliya

It doesn't make any sense because I tried to claim and as a result I got my nerves and time spent. I'm not your client anymore. It would be better if I left the money spent on insurance and spent it on surgery for my dog.

Woof!!

The process was clearly explained and fair. The claim was quickly paid. Can’t ask for more than that.i would end this review now except they don’t accept less than thirty words. This is the only complaint I have with Bow Wow Meow.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Mike, thank you for the review. Glad the claim was quick and met expectations.

Judy G

Judy GSouth West, WA

Easy claim process after my dog was operated on to remove a twist tie she’d eaten.

I received the stated 80% refund quickly and without any problems.
The claim process was easy as well.
Definitely happy I took out cover with Bow Wow Meow, which had been recommended to me.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Judy, thanks for the review and glad your claims went without a hitch.

Susie

SusieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy customer

Over the years I have had a number of pets and tried a number of insurers. I can honestly say that Bow Wow Meow is hands down the best.
Very easy to claim - my vet does it for me!
Very easy to understand and very prompt. When I first joined BW Meow I had a few questions after my first claim and the staff member who answered my questions was very good - very professional.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Susie, fantastic to hear. Glad all your claims have gone smoothly and thank you for the review.

John

JohnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Everything I expect with Pet insurance

We unfortunately had to make a few claims for our Pet Shiloh. However, Bow Wow Meow let insurance has an easy claims procedure which is fast, efficient and claims are settled in a timely fashion.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi John, that is great to hear. Thanks for the review. Wishing Shiloh a speedy recovery.

Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

Fantastic Service

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Leo, you are welcome and I hope your Dachshund is on the road to recovery after spinal surgery. Thank you for the review.

ScubaGirl

ScubaGirl

1st claim - perfect!

Lodged our first claim after an injury to our dog. Claim paid promptly and as per policy. We have only had the policy for 10 months but will be continuing.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi ScubGirl, thank you for the review and good to see your claim was paid promptly.

Wayne

WayneSydney, NSW

Fast & seemingly efficient

After being with Bow Wow for nearly 2 years Im very happy with policy and Bow Wow to date. All claims have paid up to amounts indicated in my policy. Would recommend Bow Wow to any pet owner.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Glad to hear that Wayne. Thanks for the review.

Ann-Maree Rogers

Ann-Maree RogersSouth East Queensland, QLD

Peace of Mind and then some ..

I've 5 pedigree large breed dogs insured with Bow Wow Meow. I've been with them for several years and recommend them to new puppy owners and other pet owners. Their claim process is usually quick, unless they need to investigate a new claim and research pet's health history. That can take a little longer, but they keep you informed of progress and work toward a quick resolution. I am a happy client!

Number of Pets5 pets
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Ann-Maree Rogers. Appreciate the review and glad you are a happy client! Thank you.

Dee S.

Dee S.Perth, WA

First claim for an ear infection

Decided to ensure our tabby with Bow Wow after reading good reviews and chose the peace of mind plan.
We recently had to make our first claim due to our cat getting an ear infection. Our claim was initially declined due to showing clinical signs of a pre-exisiting condition but after The claim was reviewed they approved. I was very pleased with the way they handled my objection to the declined claim. They contacted me straight away and had it resolved within a day. I believe you don’t realise how good a company is until there is a problem and they have the opportunity to correct. I will certainly stay with Bow Wow insurance and use for a future furr babies.

Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Hi Dee S, I am sorry you are disappointed. I am happy to send this through to the resolution centre for a second look. Please email insurance@bowwow.com.au with your policy number and the above review. Thanks

JesstaPerth, WA

Poster Company for why they say Pet Insurance is a rip off!

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

Quick process. Get back what they say you will.

Claimed a few times for my cat and now once recently with my dog. My claims have been processed quite quickly each time and always got back what my policy said I would.

Number of Pets2 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Bow Wow M.Bow Wow Meow Pet Insurance

Good to hear. Thanks for the review Robert!

Koda Bear