Good choice

I'm very satisfied with PIA. It was a good choice. It's easy to set up and easy to lodge a claim. Customer service is very helpful and friendly. Each claim I lodged was resolved within a few days. No problems so far. Strongly recommended.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Uli for your review and strong recommendation. Have a great weekend.

Lisa

LisaSydney Surrounds, NSW

Best Insurance Experience Ever

We got our new Great Dane puppy insured when he was 12 weeks old. 4 days after, he was involved in an accident with our horse and sustained dreadful injuries. PIA helped us out with covering his vet expenses. Couldn't be happier

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lisa for sharing your pup's story. I hope he has made a full recovery from his accident? Have a lovely weekend.

Everette O.

Everette O.Perth, WA

Claim for Lump Removal

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJuly 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Everette for sharing your PIA story. Have a wonderful day.

Worst company to deal with liars

Nothing but a scam it says 2 months free when you go to join up but nothing but they don't give you 2 free months instead they give you your policy at a discounted rate what turned out to be about 3 dollars less a month was trying to get a hold of them for the past 2 days and they can't even answer thier phones so glad I've cancelled now nothing but a rip off

Claim MadeNo

Terrible

The worst pet insurance company I have ever come across.

Money kept being direct debited out of my account on the wrong days and every time I tried to sort it out they couldnt help me.

Stay away!

Claim MadeNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Saggi1979. I'm sorry to hear of this and I'd love to help resolve this matter asap. Can I please grab your policy number and i'll have a manager reach out. Thanks, have a great ay.

Saggi1979
Saggi1979

Hi,

Policy was cancelled yesterday.

regnault

regnault

Extremely satisfied with both staff and service

My payment for our dog's treatment came through at the same time Pet Insurance was getting a bad wrap by Choice. I couldn't disagree more with Choice. PIA proved to be excellent value for money.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Regnault for taking the time to write a review and for voicing your feelings regarding Choice, it was rather sad that they didn't speak with more pet insurance clients. Have a great day.

Margaret

MargaretSydney Surrounds, NSW

I'm glad we took out insurance

Adopting a puppy we didn't know what to expect and took out accident insurance just in case... I'm glad we did. Despite a wrong start, everything was handled quickly, smoothly.

Claim DateJuly 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Margaret for sharing your PIA experience. I hope your puppy is doing well? Have a great day.

Absolute Fraud

skyrocketing premiums for our 3 healthy dogs led to cancelling the policy but still slugged monthly premiums which still have not been reimbursed. was costing over $350 per month despite minimal claims. don't get lured by the initial low premiums, they increase exponentially within a few years. better off putting the money aside in case it's needed for an emergency. have wasted at least $18000 over the last 6 years for this rip-off insurance

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Chk, I'm really sorry you feel this away about PIA and our policies and i'd like to put you in contact with a manager to discuss? Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

Kate

KateGeelong

Reduced stress during diagnosis

Our dog was recently diagnosed with a tumour. The investigation and treatment options were fully supported by PIA (pet insurance Australia) and removed financial stress from the decision making, allowing our family to make the best decisions for our beautiful dog. Thank you PIA

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kate for your lovely feedback. I hope your precious pooch is doing well and fully recovered.

taminga16

taminga16Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fast, efficient claim process

The claim process is easy to manage, with approved claims paid direct into your bank account. Good communication throughout the process so you are kept up to date. Claims approved as per policy conditions

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateJune 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Taminga16 for your lovely words. I'll be sure to pass this over to my team, have a wonderful day.

Ven

VenGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

PIA Pet insurance

My cat is 4 years with PIA, had 2 claims, both claims 80% were covered by policy.
So far I’m getting what was promised!
I received my checks in less then 2 weeks.
-Happy customer-

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Ven for your review. Have a wonderful day.

Dawn L.South East Queensland, QLD

Great fast service and cover. Thanks!

My beloved Cavvy recently had to have MRI and treatment for a suspected stroke/neurological issue. I sought pre-approval before the procedure, and received a postive response very quickly. The whole online claim and refund process was effortless and really helped knowing that it wouldn't be stressful. Very happy with the service and cover.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Dawn for sharing your story. It's lovely to know PIA was able to help during such a terrifying experience. I hope your beloved Cavvy is doing well? Have a wonderful weekend

Thank you!

JanW

JanWAU

PIA are fast, efficient and friendly

Having pet Insurance is essential and I would look no further than PIA. They have been so good supporting our gorgeous 3yr old Ridgeback Max who was diagnosed with cataracts in both eyes at an early age. Who would think a young dog would need a cataract operation so young! PIA were incredibly fast at processing claims at 80% and their customer service is wonderful. There website and digital customer experience has improved so much too since I joined 3yrs ago. Highly recommend

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks JanW for your high recommendation and comments. I hope your precious boy is doing well? Have a great weekend.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Excellent insurance coverage. So thankful we had it in place

Insurance painless to set up and reasonable premiums. We unfortunately had to make a number of claims when our puppy broke her leg requiring various scans and surgery. Each claim was accepted and paid quickly which made the vet bills manageable. Don’t know how we would have coped financially without cover

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks David for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your puppy is doing well and fully recovered? Have a great weekend.

Paul D.

Paul D.Wide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Having this cover made the decision to proceed with treatment easier.

Our dog Sammy, was diagnosed with Meningitis and the treatment and diagnosis has been an expensive exercise. If we didn't have this insurance, it would have meant a hard decision for us.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Paul for sharing your heartfelt story. I hope Sammy is doing well and fully recovered? Have a wonderful weekend.

Paul

PaulHunter Region, NSW

Great help with our budget rather than going into debt.

Policy is good value and good back up when the vet bills come in. Not being able to insure a pet once they turn 9 years isn't good as this is when the bills really start.

Bronwyn

BronwynSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works for me

I have also had good service for PIA except earlier this year when they were changing there computer system. I put in a claim recently and it was paid within a week. I would recommend them to anyone.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Bronwyn for your comments and recommendation. Have a wonderful day.

ClareSydney Surrounds, NSW

They will not pay you.....be warned!

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
Claim ApprovedNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Clare. I'm sorry to hear about your experience and I'd love to help. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a Supervisor reach out asap. Thanks, have a great weekend.

Clare

I provided the policy number with this review as required!
PI08166761

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Wonderful thanks Clare a supervisor will be in touch very soon.

Richard

RichardGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Patient Care before profits

First and foremost, our 3yo has been covered since a pup and PIA have been excellent in paying all claims swiftly in accordance with my policy. However, due to sub limits for cruciate ligament claims ($2400 with excess taken into account), an injury to the second leg in the same year means PIA policy will not cover. I understand and acknowledge the policy sub limits and it is was intention to wait and claim once renewed however in consultation with PIA they have been able to review my policy and facilitate a claim ex-gratia that ensures the well being of our dog is addressed

Claim DateJune 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Richard, I'm sorry to hear of this and I can ask one of my senior team members to reach out asap to discuss? Do you have a policy number there I can have and I'll pass it over? Thanks, have a wonderful day.

Rsariklis

RsariklisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great Insurance!!

Lilly my toy poodle started having seizures as she turned one. She stayed two nights in hospital and has had various scans and procedures to find out the cause (epilepsy?) Plus she is on medication ($150 a pack) for the rest of her life.
To be honest, pet insurance Australia made a financially and emotionally stressful time so much more easier. The claim process is quick and easy with online portal and within days they refunded me. I could not recommend enough!!! Usually insurances make it difficult with claiming but this company was so caring to even ask how Lilly was feeling. I have recommended to my family members and friends

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Rsariklis for your lovely words and feedback. I'm so happy that PIA is able to make the management of Lily's condition much easier. Sending a big PIA cuddle from the pet-loving team over to Lily!

mark

markasked

i tried to enter in my dogs details and will not let you proceed unless your dog is pure breed my dog is a cross breed and no one not even the vet knows what she is a cross of.she is a chimera only a dna test can tell what the breed is which i will get done in the future.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Mark, thanks for reaching out. If you pop in the main breed of your dog (or just write cross into the search) you can find a breed that best represents your dog's crossbreed.

For example, if your precious pooch is a Labrador mix, you can pop in Labrador Cross. I hope this is of some help? Thanks, have a great day.

Rogerasked

Hi - if my dog was to become unwell whilst in a registered kennel (not directly under my care, but someone I authorised to look after him) does your insurance cover the Illness? I read in your PDS the dog has to be under my direct care, which obviously wouldn’t be the case.

We go overseas a couple of times a year, so this is crucial for us.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Roger, thanks for reaching out. I'll just check with my Policy Experts and get a detailed answer for you soon. Thanks, have a wonderful day.

Roger

Thanks, I will wait for your response.

Any update on this?

Aaron S.

Aaron S.asked

Hi, I don't currently have pet insurance, but i'm wanting to get some. My dog is 8 months old and the vet suspects he may have hip dysplasia. He hasn't had an x-ray yet so it is unconfirmed. Will this be considered a pre-existing condition, even though there is no official evidence?

Laura
Laura

No it wont be covered as your vet would have written notes on your file and it will be classed as a pre existing condition.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Aaron, unfortunately yes. As it is suspected by your veterinarian it will be considered a pre-existing condition. Would you like me to have a policy Expert reach out? Thanks, have a great day.

Get an answer from our members and Pet Insurance Australia representatives