Pet insurance Australia thumbs down

This organisation will send you letter after letter asking for your pets history,prior consultations ,which clinics attended, pathology , radiography reports so to avoid paying out on your claims. even when I reply they send the same letter out again
Then when you call you will be on the phone for the equivalent time duration of a flight to Manila and guess what? The call centre is offshor .....probably Manila
Then you will be asked a barrage of questions (which would have been answered when signing up) pertaining to the purchase of your pet that you may be able to answer if you purchased your pet last week and not several years ago
I strongly advise anyone reading this to steer clear of PIA

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Craig

CraigHunter Region, NSW

Disappointing

I have had my policy for 9 years with zero claims. I made one claim after the 9 years of premiums for periodontal disease and this was not covered (as it is with many other policies). Whilst this is my responsibility to have ensured the periodontal disease was covered (it is stated in the PDS that it is not) I would advise VERY careful understanding of what is and is not covered. Again, my responsibility for not having found the exclusion when digging through the reams of paper provided - this has certainly been a learning experience resulting in a change in insurers.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Claim ApprovedNo
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Craig. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your cover and would really like to have a supervisor reach out asap? Can I please grab your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

Suellen

SuellenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Over 50% increase in insurance premium after 1 year.

When I signed up, my premium for a puppy was $41.88 per month for comprehensive cover with $100 excess and 80% claimable. After the 1st year the premium has increased to $62.62 - that's over 50% increase in just 1 year. What a joke. This whole industry needs to be reviewed.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Ron Glen Waverley

Ron Glen WaverleyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect

Could not be happier with the great service.my pet has had many expensive operations and PET have been most supportive and prompt in dealing with our many claims. I heartily recommend them to all pet owners. Ron de Lisle

Claim DateFebruary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Ron for sharing your experience with PIA. I hope your pet has made a full recovery. Have a wonderful week.

Marie P.

Marie P.Gascoyne, WA

Easy to claim

Great communication, easy claim online with fast payment. My 10 yr old Border Collie has been insured with PIA since a puppy, all claims have been handled promptly. Highly reccomended.

Danni F

Danni FPerth, WA

Happy with the claims process

We have been with PIA for nearly 2 years and have been happy with our cover. The portal is really easy to use and our claims have been acknowledged and paid within 2 weeks. My only negative experience was having to speak with an overseas call which is always challenging.

Shell64

Shell64Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very smooth and easy claim process

Portal easy to make claim . Money came through quickly. Recommend for price and service. I looked around and found this company to be the cheapest and accident includes cruciate ligament surgery. We used it this time for an accident my lab had

Claim DateOctober 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Shell64 for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your lovely Lab is doing well? Have a great day.

Christine C

Christine CSydney, NSW

Peace of mind

Great value insurance policy for our beloved family dog. The claim process is easy and quick - which was so comforting when a paralysis tick took hold. Thank you PIA for taking some of the stress away.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Christine for posting your comments on PIA. I hope your precious pup has recovered well from paralysis tick? Have a wonderful day.

George

GeorgeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy and good service

Our cats have been with PIA for over 2 years now - IMO they are fairly priced, and when we have had to put a claim through it was really easy and the process went relatively smoothly. I couldn't recommend PIA enough, especially after all the visits to a specialist we had to take one of our cats to.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks George for taking the time to share your thoughts on PIA. I hope your cats are doing well. Have a great day

Bertha

Bertha

Good coverage / easy process

Good coverage and easy process to follow to get the benefit. Just a couple of emails, calls or follow ups in the vet office aloud to get paid in 7 days tops.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bertha for your review. Have a wonderful day.

Cruciate TPLO

I found the claim took a long time over a month. I kept getting letters in the mail asking for info which wasnt actually needed and a phone call would have been easier! They only paid for the surgery no pre or post consults which are needed and should have been claimable. The customer service people are nice though and the premium is well priced. I wont switch but think perhaps some limits on services need to be addressed as it doesnt cover the full procedure from start to finish.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateOctober 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Fisherbuild. I'd love to have a claims supervisor take a look at your claim. Can I please grab your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

Jenny

JennySouthwest, VIC

Great Service Quick Payment

We have had Insurance with PIA for three years now and each of our dealings with them for our Staffy having accidents has been excellent. Payments have arrived within 1 - 2 weeks after I have forwarded my claim. Cannot fault we are very happy

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Jenny for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

John O

John OGippsland, VIC

PIA is a must especially when you live in rural victoria

We have been with PIA now for 2 years ,December 2019 millie one of our cats was snake bitten she spent 3 weeks at the vet who lodged our claim to PIA the claim was processed within 5days . 3 weeks later max got bitten by a snake again a 3 week stay at the vet again the vet lodged the claim to PIA and once again it was settled within 5 days so cannot praise PIA enough.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for sharing your experience on Product Review. I hope your Max and Millie are doing well after their snake encounters, it must have been a very scary time for you all? Have a lovely day.

Karen

Karen

when you have complete peace of mind

i have had PIA comprehensive insurance for both my dachshunds for over 5 years and i have found it fantastic ! so easy to claim and the super fast turnaround gives me a great deal of confidence ! it’s all processed at the vets and in my account within 2-3 days !

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Karen for your review and sharing your wonderful photo of your precious pups! You've made our Monday! Have a great day.

Eric

EricPerth, WA

Very good service and communication

Great service and very helpful. Great policy but a little expensive. We have been with PIA for 11 years. Claims have always been processed quickly and efficiently. Can recommend to anybody.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Eric for your recommendation and review. Have a wonderful day.

Shannen

Shannen

Excellent Service

I've had to claim on my insurance for my dog twice, and both times the claiming process has been easy to understand and a quick response. I got my money back within a few weeks and had no issues at all.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Shannen for your review on PIA. Have a great day.

Kristy

KristySydney, NSW

Prompt & Easy!

When my dog had surgery to remove a toe, I submitted the invoices and paperwork online and within days our rebate was paid. No questions & no issues.
We have now been with PIA for a few years and would highly recommend them to any pet owner. Problems arise and it’s good to know that you are covered for any issue - major or minor....

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kristy for taking the time to share your PIA story. I hope your dog made a full recovery from their surgery and is doing well? Have a great week.

Worst service EVER

Seriously I’m so over this company.. staff need too be trained on what there doing.. claims take so long.. spoke with a manager about a claim told me I would be getting paid next day it’s been nearly a week later still nothing.. wish I would of been told this was gonna be a horrible service never would off signed up.. ready too go with another company.. don’t waste ur time

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Mirna. I'm so sorry to hear of your claim frustrations and I'd like to help get this resolved as quickly as possible. Can I please grab your policy number? Thanks

Mirna
Mirna

PI10783174

efficient administration

We had to make 2 claims in the past year and both were dealt with efficiently and fairly.
The only quibble is the request for online reporting, which the vote overcame for us.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Keith. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on PIA.

Amazing!

When I was looking for pet insurance I chose PIA because they had the best reviews.
I signed my pup up when she was 10 weeks old. At 5 months she got sick and we had to make two claims within two weeks already. I got my money back the week after for both!
I highly recommend them!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Kiri for sharing your thoughts on PIA and your high recommendation. I hope your precious pup is doing well?

Chris

Chrisasked

If I had Major Medical Plan with 0 excess for my Staffy pup how much would I get back with her annual vaccinations & desexing

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Chris. Thanks for reaching out. Routine Care Cover is included in the Major Medical cover and will assist towards routine care items that are essential to your pet’s health such as vaccinations, deworming etc.

$50 ANNUAL BENEFIT FOR ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
Alternative therapies
Prescription diets
Dew claw removal
Cremation or Burial
Dog training at a recognised training centre

ANNUAL BENEFITS FOR ALL OF THE FOLLOWING
$30 Vaccinations or Health Check
$10 Heart worm test or Blood screen
$10 FeLv/ Fiv test or urinalysis
$45 Flea/ Tick/ Worm control

ELIGIBILITY
For Major Medical Cover only

I hope this has helped. Routine Care also has no excess.

Kerry C.

Kerry C.asked

Are my pups vaccinations claimable?

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Kerry. If you have a Major Medical Plan with PIA you get a $30 annual benefit towards vaccinations. I hope this has helped? Have a wonderful day.

Fiona

Fionaasked

I have the Comprehensive cover for my Dachshund since the beginning of February 2019 and I wanted to know if IVDD is covered if my dog has not shown any signs prior commencement or recently?

Princess
Princess

Hi Fiona just call them and ask them..

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Fiona. IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease) is generally coverable under the illness portion of the policy.

The policy does not cover any Pre-existing conditions prior to the policy commencement or any signs or symptoms that have occurred during the Waiting period.

IVDD (intervertebral disc disease) is also excluded on any accidental injury cover (so make sure you read the PDS and ensure you understand exactly what your precious pups are covered for and what your policy allows - you can find this here - https://www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au/important-notices/

PIA's assessment of known issues with specific breeds (e.g. bad backs) are taken into account in the premium calculation. IVDD is covered in our Major Medical Policy. Hope this helps.

Get an answer from our members and Pet Insurance Australia representatives