4.1

1,256 reviews

great cover, good service

I am very happy with my pet insurance. I have two dogs and both have had issues requiring significant treatment and costs. Pet Insurance covered everything including a very expensive spinal operation on my dachshund without which I dread to think the other options if I could not afford to pay! Service is always friendly too. Thank you.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Timo for taking the time to post your feedback on PIA. I hope your Dachshund is doing well after surgery? Have a great week.

Thankful for Emergency Boarding

I'm thankful for PIA's Emergency Boarding coverage. I recently had an unexpected stay in hospital and had to have my dog go into emergency boarding. The process to claim was easy and straightforward online and I received my money within a short period of time. It was a relief to know that my furbaby was in good hands and being looked after without having to worry about how much it was all costing. Thanks PIA!

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Nicole for your review on PIA and our emergency boarding option. I hope you are doing well after your unexpected hospital stay. Have a wonderful day.

duckconcerto

duckconcerto

Highly recommend

When we adopted a boisterous male dog we looked into pet insurance (accident) for the first time. PIA were by far the cheapest - in fact, when I reviewed the premium after the first year they were still the best, even after other companies applied a 30% discount. So I was somewhat apprehensive when we did need to make a claim, wondering if low premiums meant poor service. Happily, the claim process was incredibly easy and straightforward and our claim was approved very quickly. I can highly recommend PIA based on our experiences.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Duckconcerto for your high recommendation and review. I'll be sure to pass this over to the pet-loving PIA team. Have a great day.

FurKid's MumandDad

FurKid's MumandDadSouth Australia

Outstanding empathy and customer service

When our puppy was 12 months old, X-rays revealed severe congenital deformities which left us with two choices: euthanasia or $20,000 of surgery. PIA's response was overwhelming. BEST insurer ever.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Furkid's MumandDad for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your precious pup is doing well. Sending a big PIA cuddle their way. Have a great day.

Debbie BoothSydney, NSW

Happy with service but disappointed with the premium increase

We have been with PIA for 5 years now and our dog just recently had surgery. All went very well, PIA were excellent they provided great customer service and processed our claim quickly. BUT it is now our yearly renewal time and our premium is going up a substantial amount it is now almost double what we starting paying 5 years ago. Time to go out and compare the market.

Claim DateMay 2020
Debbie Booth

Hi there, thank you for making contact. My policy number is PIO3302804 it would be great if it could be reviewed. The policy is due to be renewed on the 5 Jun 20. Cheers Debbie Booth

Positive experience

My recent experience with Pet Insurance Australia was very positive.
I sent in the claims and it took only a short time to be reimbursed.
Communication was clear and efficient.
I have been with this insurance for nearly two years and am very happy.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Regine for your feedback and review. Have a wonderful day.

Cecelia

CeceliaSydney, NSW

Always a good experience

Pet Insurance Australia is great to deal with. We have two mischievous Labs to look after and the claim process is so easy and smooth. Communication is also great and they are very prompt with answering any questions. Very happy with PIA.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Cecelia for your review on PIA. Sending your two mischievous loveable labs a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a wonderful day.

Ripped off

Ripped off

Prompt handling of claims and good communication

Though pet insurance costs it gives you peace of mind ..vet bills are not cheap . I have had my dogs insured with PIA for some years, and have been impressed with their efficient handling of claims and good communication.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks for taking the time to review PIA. Have a great day.

Skye D.

Skye D.South East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT GO WITH PIA - terrible!!!!!

Unless you like: numerous direct debit errors (not withdrawing funds, withdrawing funds on different days etc), terrible customer service and also to be blacklisted with all the insurance companies that they underwrite for.. when you leave due to terrible service - avoid. I am disgusted with you PIA.

Claim MadeNo
Number of Pets4 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Skye. I'm so sorry to hear of your upset with PIA and i'd love to put you in contact with a supervisor asap to resolve this issue. Can I please have your policy number? Thanks, have a great day.

Erin

ErinSouthwest, VIC

We can't fault PIA

Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
Karen

KarenMelbourne

Our dog Iggy had a major operation, which was extremely harrowing for he and us. PIA were excellent in every way, we couldn't have paid the huge Vet bill without them.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Karen for posting your feedback on your experience with PIA. I hope Iggy has made a full recovery. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the pet-loving team. Have a wonderful week.

Gabriella

GabriellaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lucky to have it

Our elderly Labrador developed severe hind legs mobility problems. This could have been caused by a number of illnesses and our local vet recommended specialist care. Investigating the possible cause of his illness would have been unaffordable without comprehensive insurance cover.
We lodged a claim and received the appropriate refund speedily and without any problems.
Having a sick dog was stressful enough, not being able to afford to have specialist care would have been unthinkable.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks Gabriella for taking the time to post your PIA review. I hope your Labrador is doing well. Have a wonderful day.

Louise P

Louise PSouth East Queensland, QLD

Definitely a Life Saver

We have 3 large dogs insured, and 2 of them had to have surgery this year. PIA paid the claims, a little less than i expected, but very prompt response. Would highly recommend PIA as very professional company.

Number of Pets3 pets
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Louise for posting your feedback on PIA. Have a wonderful day. I hope your precious dogs have made a full recovery from their surgeries.

Karyn McCuskey

Karyn McCuskeyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bee Sting on Rag Doll allergic Reaction

Absolutely fantastic Co. My Rag doll was bitten by a bee and had an allergic Reaction. Was rushed to closest vet and then had to stay overnight at a Vet Hospital for care. Claim was lodged and refunded to me in around 2 weeks.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Karyn for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your precious Ragdoll made a full recovery from their bee-sting incident. It must have been a very stressful situation. Have a wonderful weekend.

Amanda Hancock

Amanda HancockHunter Region, NSW

Best investment I have made!

This is the 2nd policy I have taken out with PIA and they have never let me down! All claims have been resolved quickly and the staff are considerate and genuinely caring.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Amanda for your kind words and review. I'll be sure to pass this over to the pet-loving hardworking team. Have a wonderful weekend.

Michael R.

Michael R.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Best decision we have made

Our dog recently required emergency surgery our claim was approved and paid on the day and subsequent days.The process was easy and quick taking a load off our minds at the time.

Michael and Richard

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Michael for sharing your PIA feedback. I hope your dog made a full recovery and is doing well. Have a wonderful weekend.

Genevieve

GenevieveSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to claim.

Setting up a policy online was easy and adding pets as I get them waa no issue. It was easy to claim. I had no issues and I recieved the money very quickly.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Genevieve for taking the time to post your review on PIA. Have a wonderful day.

April Z.

April Z.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worse

when i sign up the webIt said effective from 8th Maythey refuse to claim for placing the condition on 9th May with waiting periodit's like misleading advertising. I really regret choosing this insurance

Claim MadeNo

AnneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Utter frustration

I sent my first email on the 11 April in regard to an error in a payment. I have received payment twice for one claim. Further emails and a phone call, no response.

PI02091710

KEANE

KEANENortheast, VIC

No transparency. Dishonesty.

First claim paid. Second claim (tests following on from 1st illness) told condition "pre-existing". Refused 2 appeals.
Opted not to renew policy. Cancelled without coverage to renewal date (annual subscription). Disgusted

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Kean. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with your claim and I'd like to help if possible. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a supervisor reach out asap? Thanks, have a lovely day.

Dev

Devasked

Pet Insurance Australia

How does the claim process work with Pet Insurance Australia?

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Dev, sorry for the delay this message has only just shown up. You can choose a few ways to claim. If you choose a GapOnly vet you only need to pay the gap and the vet will do the rest (for a list of vets close to you take a look at www.gaponly.com.au). However, you can choose any registered vet in Australia, and then claim for the reimbursement via the pet portal on our website. For more information take a look at our website here - www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au I hope this has been of some help. Have a wonderful day.

Felicity A.

Felicity A.asked

Pet Insurance Australia

Hi there, do your policy cover hip dysplasia, elbow dylplasia and patella luxation?

lynda
lynda

Yes, as far as I know, as long as it wasn't a pre -existing condition.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Felicity, we certainly do cover for these conditions in the illness section of your policy, as long as there are no prior symptoms to taking out the policy. The cover for these conditions will be subjected to caps and limits.

All of our claims are looked at on an individual basis, however, if a condition has shown signs or symptoms prior to coverage, than it may be excluded as a pre-existing condition. A pre-existing condition may be reviewed 18 months after the policy has been kept and may possibly covered, provided it has shown no signs or symptoms within this time.

After this timeframe if you wish to have the condition reviewed we do have a Pre-existing Condition review form further information can be found in our Product Disclosure Statement on page 25 under “Pre-Existing condition review”. I hope this has answered your questions. Would you like me to have a PIA Policy Expert reach out? Thanks, have a great day.

Aya T.

Aya T.asked

Hi there,

Is there any waiting period for routine care cover? I have 3months old pup and thinking to get De-sexing when he is about 6 months old. If I apply now, can it be covered? (Also final pup vaccination is scheduled in 2 weeks time)

Aya

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Aya, I'm sorry I haven't replied sooner I've only just been altered to this question.

No there is no waiting period on Routine Care Cover. Thanks, have a great day.

Get an answer from our members and Pet Insurance Australia representatives