Bradley S.

Bradley S.Mid North Coast, NSW

WARNING Do not insure with 'Pet Insurance Australia' they WILL slither out of paying like a snake in the grass.

I Insured with them for 'Unexpected veterinary expenses' and they will not pay up.
I've payed hard earned money to do the right thing for my beloved dog when she ends up in the vet to listen to 'Pet Insurance Australia' tell me that this claim is a grey area and they will not pay.
I now have to take my case to 'AFCA' Australian Financial Complaints Authority for them to get the money out of them.
They have very poor communications also to over seas call centre.
AFCA gave me a number for the Sydney office of 'Pet Insure' which is there underlying insured and they wanted nothing to do with it transferring me back to the call centre.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateDecember 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Joe

Joe

Claim seamlessly processed

Made a claim after our Doberman fractured a part of his foot and the claim was quickly and seamlessly processed. The service I have received from PIA over the last three years has been great and they have always provided me with a competitive quote.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Joe for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your precious Dobe has made a full recovery and is back happily running about. Have a wonderful weekend.

Suzanne M.

Suzanne M.Sydney, NSW

When your precious pet is sick, you know you can rely on Pet Insurance Australia

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Suzanne for sharing your precious dog's PIA experience. I'm so happy that your boy is back to his happy healthy self. Have a wonderful week.

Steer clear

Extremely poor service. Would not recommend to anyone at all ever. Steer clear. I would never sign up to this insurance again. What a complete waste of time and money.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Pie. I'm really sorry to hear of your thoughts with PIA and I'd love to help resolve this. Can I please have your policy number and I'll have a senior supervisor reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

joates

joatesPerth, WA

Glad we have it

Dog got to rat poison, thought we might not be covered but were and received over $900 back. Between that and the other couple of incidents our puppy has had we are up fo the next couple of years. There are some exclusions that are sure to get you/us at some point but that have come through so far.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Joates for sharing your experience with PIA. I hope your pup made a full recovery from the rat poison. Have a wonderful day.

Linda

LindaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Pet Insurance is needed for their twilight years

The excess I found rather confusing, and I don't think I've put in for every claim simply because I assumed that the excess would either be more than the claim, or was considered an excess on something that hasn't been claimed before, therefore a new ailment/injury where you have to pay the first initial excess (which is confusing in itself), or because the claim included the word/s tooth or teeth, then it was 'all over red rover' if it had those words in the claim. The claim process is easy, because it's all online and you just scan and attach the invoice/receipt, although, having to ring the vet for extra notes is a pain, and should be explanatory enough in the wording on the invoice/receipt.

Pet Type(s) InsuredCat
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Linda. Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have a great day.

Bianca H.

Bianca H.Mid North Coast, NSW

Quick and Friendly

We foster failed Leo in May 2019 and in August, finally got around to extending my policy to now include two dogs and a cat! One month later, Leo had a bowel obstruction requiring emergency surgery. He has made a full recovery but it was incredibly scary for the whole family and adding a huge vet bill would have been the last thing we needed. Our payout was paid within days and they have since touched base to check on his recovery. I am very happy with PIA and wouldn't want to be without it.

Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Bianca for taking the time to share Leo's story with PIA. I'll be sure to pass on your lovely comments to the hardworking pet-loving team. Have a great day.

MICHELLEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excessive excess

very strange way of calculating excess!!
spent $270 on emergency vet consultations, the excess is $200 and got merely $12 back!! Called for explanation and they insist they are right very well well done for money grab and I am out.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Michelle. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations and I'd love to put you in contact with someone who can help. Can I please grab your policy number and I'll have a claims supervisor reach out asap? Thanks, have a lovely day.

Pi0843628
most welcome if he / she can catch from consumers point of view and solve the problems. dont have time to listen what / why you are right and can do nothing again

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Michelle I'll have a supervisor reach out asap. Have a lovely day.

Dianne JV

Dianne JVWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Must Have Pet Insurance - Overall Very Good

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Dianne for sharing your comments on PIA and our services. I'm so sorry to hear of your pet's passing. I'll be sure to pass on your review to the team. Have a lovely day.

Thank goodness I didn't cancel my policy!

Having never had pet insurance for my other pets, I wasn't convinced that I should have it for our rescue pup. Every year as renewal came round I considered cancelling. Fortunately I didn't! My boy ended up with a bowel perforation, followed by post-op complications and then further surgery. October was a horror month. I submitted the first half of the claim online, which was very easy to do. The claim was processed without any issue in a short time. The second half of the claim took a little longer but still in a perfectly acceptable time (<2 weeks). I would definitely recommend it

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, DeC for sharing your pup's PIA story. I hope Your precious boy made a full recovery from a very terrifying experience. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great day.

john wilson

john wilsonGold Coast

My claim turned out to be a pleasant experience.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, John for sharing your heartfelt story and experience with PIA. It's wonderful to hear that Teddy is doing well and made a 90% recovery. Sending him a big PIA cuddle from the team. Have a great week.

PIA is a godsend!

I have been with PIA for my staffy for about 5 years and have made numerous claims as my dog ended having a lot of health issues. PIA makes it super easy to lodge a claim and is so prompt with paying my claims. Makes it extremely stress free. Thank you PIA! I would be in a world of financial stress without you.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Annabella for your review. I hope your precious Staffy is doing well. Have a fantastic week.

Jocelyn

JocelynGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Poor customer service. Too expensive.

Hello I called earlier today to cancel this policy and I was told I will get a call back to complete the process. I did Not get a call back. Can you please cancel this policy asap and confirm with reply once done. Thank you

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Jocelyn, I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations with trying to cancel your policy. Do you have your policy number handy and I'll have someone reach out asap. Thanks, have a great day.

Prompt payment and helped financially

Very happy with the response times regarding payback with claims, the vets did all the claim. It helped financially especially with an older dog after quite a big op. We got most of the money back which was helpful as it was an expensive op.

Number of Pets3 pets
Pet Type(s) InsuredCat and Dog
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Lesley for taking the time to write a review. I hope your dog is doing well and recovered after surgery? Have a great day.

SimonSydney, NSW

Be careful with this Company 72% price increase over 2 years

The current inflation rate is 1.9% and wages growth for 2019 is 2.3%, yet somehow Pet Insurance Australia decided they were justified in raising my annual premium by 72% over 2 years. This forced me to cancel my policy and switch insurers leaving our leaving our pup uninsured against illness for a 30 day waiting period. We made 1 (fully justified) claim during that period as my pups eye was injured in an incident with another dog. We were paid $100. This was also a difficult process to go through. I would avoid PIA.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateJanuary 2017
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi, Simon, I'm sorry to hear of your feelings towards PIA and would love to get a supervisor to reach out? Do you have your old policy number handy? Thanks, have a great day.

So glad to have this cover

My dog has had two cruciate ligament tears (back left knee and back right knee) in the last couple of years. In both cases, the claim was paid within a few weeks and covered a significant amount of my quite large vert surgery bills!

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Cliff for taking the time to review PIA. I hope your dog has made a full recovery from their cruciate ligament treatments. It's great to know PIA was able to take a little of the stress away during this time. Have a wonderful day.

Sonya R.

Sonya R.Northeast, VIC

So glad to have this cover

We have had this Policy since our Staffy was 4 months old. He is 8yrs now and recently a large lump appeared on his Left Shoulder, whilst his Left Back Leg started to present painful! This company have been amazing to deal with even advising me of Pre-Authorisation forms the vet could fill out for pending surgery to see if we were covered. Having his surgery we now know we will get 80% back. Wonderful, I could not recommend them highly enough.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sonya for sharing your Pet Insurance Australia experience and your high recommendation. I hope your precious Staffy has made a full recovery from surgery. Have a lovely day.

Quick claim

Recently my dog is diagnosed SA, a skin issue cause by immune system. I claimed the biopsy test and also the capsules for my dog. However, the fortnightly payment goes up little bit, hope it won't goes up too much for the next policy year.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Gina, thanks for taking the time to review PIA. Would you like me to have a policy expert reach out in regards to your premium? If I can just please grab your policy number I can get someone to make contact asap. Thanks, have a wonderful day.

Ridiculous price increase

I understand an inflation price is to be expected annually, but a 26% price increase is outrageous!
Extremely disappointed, would advise others check their annual increases.
We have never made a claim and our dog is only 1.5 years old.

Bec

Hi there, it would be great if you could look into this for me. PI08893333.
Kind regards

Sadaf

SadafSydney, NSW

Peace of mind!

With the experience I had with PIA after the last accident happened to my lab I felt that my policy was really good value! We've been with PIA since my puppy was 4 months old, Feb 2019.

Claim DateAugust 2019
PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Thanks, Sadaf for your kind words. I hope your precious Lab is doing well. Have a wonderful day.

Fiona

Fionaasked

I have the Comprehensive cover for my Dachshund since the beginning of February 2019 and I wanted to know if IVDD is covered if my dog has not shown any signs prior commencement or recently?

Princess
Princess

Hi Fiona just call them and ask them..

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Fiona. IVDD (Intervertebral Disc Disease) is generally coverable under the illness portion of the policy.

The policy does not cover any Pre-existing conditions prior to the policy commencement or any signs or symptoms that have occurred during the Waiting period.

IVDD (intervertebral disc disease) is also excluded on any accidental injury cover (so make sure you read the PDS and ensure you understand exactly what your precious pups are covered for and what your policy allows - you can find this here - https://www.petinsuranceaustralia.com.au/important-notices/

PIA's assessment of known issues with specific breeds (e.g. bad backs) are taken into account in the premium calculation. IVDD is covered in our Major Medical Policy. Hope this helps.

mark

markasked

i tried to enter in my dogs details and will not let you proceed unless your dog is pure breed my dog is a cross breed and no one not even the vet knows what she is a cross of.she is a chimera only a dna test can tell what the breed is which i will get done in the future.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Mark, thanks for reaching out. If you pop in the main breed of your dog (or just write cross into the search) you can find a breed that best represents your dog's crossbreed.

For example, if your precious pooch is a Labrador mix, you can pop in Labrador Cross. I hope this is of some help? Thanks, have a great day.

Rogerasked

Hi - if my dog was to become unwell whilst in a registered kennel (not directly under my care, but someone I authorised to look after him) does your insurance cover the Illness? I read in your PDS the dog has to be under my direct care, which obviously wouldn’t be the case.

We go overseas a couple of times a year, so this is crucial for us.

PIA Management P.Pet Insurance Australia

Hi Roger, thanks for reaching out. I'll just check with my Policy Experts and get a detailed answer for you soon. Thanks, have a wonderful day.

Roger

Thanks, I will wait for your response.

Any update on this?