3Peters Choc Wedge

Peters Choc Wedge

1.4

13 reviews · Statistics

8% · 111 · 85%
Brand Manager for Peters? Claim your listing.
See the Best Ice Creams in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Am I a happy vegemite?
Am I a happy vegemite?Gold Coast97 posts

Stupidity writ large

What is it about accountants. Faced with falling sales due to copies at a cheaper price, these morally bankrupt buffoons opt to replace quality with cheaper alternatives.

No point explaining to them that the reduction of quality, loss of taste and demeaning mouth feel will alienate past customers seeking to replicate enjoyment. To them it's about $$$'s!

Nowadays Chock Wedge is synonymous with YUK!

So, definitely not a happy vegemite! Show details

Colin52
Colin52WAPerth, WA237 posts

Not what they used to be like at all

The Peters Choc Wedges of 20 years ago with their large ice cream on a stick with richk thickly coated chocolate is no more.

Its now a far thinner ice cream with yucky cheap chocolate and a very thin layer of it over the ice cream. Show details

Unhappy66AU97 posts

Milky ice blocks

No longer that true creamy vanilla ice cream. Tastes awful. The cheaper brands surprisingly have more of a creamier taste

Gotcha14
Gotcha143 posts

Bring back the spearmint Choc Wedge. Original recipe please

I stopped buying Choc Wedges when they stopped making Spearmint.

I would go through a pack every couple of days they were awesome.

No spearmint = no sale

Cookie Girl
Cookie Girl

Choc Wedge - Down The Gurgler!

While choc wedge has dropped its standards considerably, don't bother with the others (Bulla, Home Brand, etc.) as they are all watery substitutes of real ice cream. It seems that when our Aussie brands sell out, we Aussie consumers are sold down the river. One word of advice, buy an ice cream maker and do it yourself!

Janice
JaniceQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD29 posts

Where have they gone?

- so difficult to find that I am trying substitutes like Woolies home-brand (don't bother) and Bulla's Double Choc Crunch (very nice). However if the recipe has changed, as suggested by other reviewers, it is probably just as well. I would be prepared to pay the higher price but only if the quality is there.

Myril
Myril

Peters Choc Wedge

I agree with other reviews. My whole family was disgusted with the quality and price of this once delicious icecream. I will never buy a Peters product again. The cheaper brands are much better.

Iolanthe
IolantheAU2 posts

Where is the ice cream

I live approx 30km from the original Peters factory in Brunswick. I purchased an 8 pack of so called choc wedges at Woolworths expecting them to be CHOC WEDGES they are definitely not. They are more like what used to be called Choc Pals which were just a milky ice block sold by Peters. Same old story sell out to multi nationals out down goes the quality. Apart from them not even being a wedge shape any more they are no longer icecream. TOTALLY DISGUSTED even the dog wasn't interested.
NOT A THING
See review,
Aussie08
Aussie08PERTH2 posts

Peters no longer Australian

As described unanimously above, this is not even icecream. I still have a box with only two missing in my freezer since I bought the box two months ago.

The 'ícecream' texture is like ice confection and the taste is a strange sweetness. I am not sure how they make this but I can iamgine it is a lot cheaper to make than the old choc wedge icecream was.

Please be aware that all Peters products have suffered terribly since the Peters factory in Balcatta was bought out by multinationals during the GFC.

I find Bulla still offers reasonable quality for a good price.

This does not aste or have the texture of icecream, due to obvious cost cutting since Peters factory Balcatta was sold to multinational

K-T
K-TAU

Horrible and Disappointing

Choc wedges were always good for the price, until I tasted the last pack. I was extremely disappointed to find out that the 'ice cream' no longer tastes like ice cream. If you can imagine, water in white frozen form this is exactly what the 'ice cream' in the choc wedge tastes like. It literally tastes like N-O-T-H-I-N-G. It doesn't even have the same texture as ice cream!

Huge, massive disappointment...why do they always have to scrimp and save? No wonder the box of 12 was only $4.

How about we go back to quality, not quantity!
chocolate is not too bad
the 'ice cream' isn't even ice cream- ridiculous! Main ingredient? Water...

Janicehelen
Janicehelen

I agree horrible white ice and dark chocolate. Nothing like the original choc wedge which was beautiful. Bring back the original.

Kylez25
Kylez25AU

sassy65356
sassy653562601ACT, 260177 posts

OK

It is a good after dinner treat if you want an easy-to-eat dessert. It is best to buy this product on special considering that quantity of each choc wedge much less now and not the best value for money. Otherwise, it is a nice for the whole family to enjoy.
It has a nice and crunchy chocolate coating, which I really like to eat. I alos love to eat Violet Crumble as well, and eating it in ice cream is very exciting.
Unfortunately, over the years, the quality and quantity in each choc wedge has been decreasing steadily. The centre is not as creamy as it use to be and the texture of the violet crumble does not have the right level of sweetness, almost too sweet for my liking.
so49
so49WAPerth, WA6 posts

Terrible

These are not choc wedges, they are cheap imitations and should be marketed under a different name. Most of them are still sitting in my freezer - the grandchildren weren't interested even in 40 degree heat!
The only thing in its favour is it was cheap! I bought 2 packs for $8 on special as a treat for the grandchildren.
Not having eaten a choc wedge in years, I was expecting them to taste as I remembered - proper chocolate over real vanilla ice cream. What a disappointment when I opened the pack and saw the skinny little slabs of ice confection thinly covered in compound "chocolate".