Peugeot 207 A7

Peugeot 207 A7

See the Best Convertibles in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Taylah R

Taylah RBaldivis

Perfect little run around.

I bought this car as my kfirst car this year because I love Peugeot’s, this car was an amazing little run around was a great driving experience was a smooth run, performance was excellent and have great control, you are also comfortable can adjust your seat and headrest to the comfort of your choice.
The interior was very neat & tidy have really great legroom as well.
Is very cheap on fuel $40 a full tank and is very reliable.

Date PurchasedJan 2017

Spyder356aMelbourne

Stay away from Peugeot

Date PurchasedSep 2015
RageQuit

RageQuit

Reliable 2007 Model - Manual

Love the Sunroof, cruise control, speed limiter, auto light and wiper sensor...

I drove the 2007 model for a couple of years, only replaced the wiper, break pads, and a few bulbs. Minor oil leakage issue, no other headache.

Con: some mechanics would rip you off because it's a European Car.
Maintenance cost is slightly higher than Japanese cars.

Cup holder is not at the best position.

Date PurchasedJan 2014
Lori

Lori

Great for 5 years now

My first brand new European car. So far so good. Been reliable for 5 years now. No lag compares to the new Mercedes, always beat them with head start even though it's only a small engine car. Quite efficient with petrol too. Beautiful panoramic sunroof! Same engine as BMW Mini apparently. Lucky I didn't get a Volkswagen at the time otherwise would be recalls.

BadgeXT

GingerBreadMan217

GingerBreadMan217AU

Best car I have owned.

I have had a diesel 207 hatch and it has been fantastic. Surprisingly roomy for a car of its size, great economy I get between 5 to 6.5 L per 100km. Handles very well, tows the boat well. Servicing is not always cheap but it's probably that way for all cars now. The amount of electronics in it concerns me but so far so good. We still fit our 2 kids and enough gear to go camping in it, the roof racks get a good workout in this exercise however.

BodyWagon

Bobby Vee

Bobby VeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

French unreliability

Had the 207CC Turbo sport from near new. Been five years now.
Shocking reliability: mechanics have no idea how to work on these cars.
Gone are the days of desiring a ‘European Car’. They are all average. Parts are too expensive in Australia compared to Europe. Some parts not even kept in Australia, need four weeks from Frog Land.
Engine inlet valves coke up after 50,000km. $1,000 to fix a major design fault in this shared BMW engine (same as in the Mini).

Never, never, ever, ever again.

BadgeCC Turbo

Barry

Barry

Great highway car

Bought this second-hand from a dealer for the two of us for around town and country trips. Superb on the highway with both cruise control and speed limiter. Very comfortable, quiet and economical at 105 km/h cruising (7 litres/100 k on a long trip - 1.6 petrol). Did have an issue with the auto trans early on - original hydro valves replaced now behaves much better. Alloy wheels on the fancy model give a harder ride than the steel wheel and higher profile tyres on the base model. Worth hunting for the base model which still has cruise control, etc. and will be cheaper.

shanewm257

shanewm257Redcliffe, Queensland

Absolutely shocking.

This was the worst car ever. Only had 60000 on the clock and the catalytic converter was destroyed, an injector was blocked, the timing chain had started stretching and it constantly had an engine light on. You can only take it to Peugeot to be fixed because its so difficult to work on. An absolute lemon.
The con's outweigh the pros
Reliability is terrible.

Jamie the bee

Jamie the beeMelbourne

A hidden jem - I just love it

BadgeGTi
LaninChris

LaninChrisAU

This is my second Peugeot...

This little car has amazing fuel economy! It's a six-speed turbo diesel and goes like the clappers... The boot fits a full weeks shopping for a growing family of four and it can be serviced at Auto-Masters or Ultra-Tune, so you don't need to pay for expensive or specialty dealer servicing.
Fast, fuel efficient, six-speed, diesel.
Poor cup holders in the front and none in the back.

Bad

QQPenguin

QQPenguin

Bad

Dagmar

Dagmar

I upgraded from my 2003 206 GTI to 2007 207GT. My new car is leaps ahead in quality, comfort, space. It has so many features & has been a joy to own. The glass roof is great but do not forget to close cover if left in the sun. It becomes an oven. The roof cover could be better insulated for Australia. Enjoy every drive I take in this little gem. 9/10.
Style, power, quality. Great for long distance driving.
Glove box so small. Ride a tad rough on uneven roads.

simon_502

simon_502NSW, 2137

Good

These cars are good little zippy cars for those city people who want a car that is cheap to run and looks and drives great. If you want a reasonably priced European car then the Peugeot 207 Hatch just might be the right car for you. If you are looking for a bit more space then have a look at the Peugeot 207 touring or if you want something a bit more sporty try to get hold of a Limited edition Turbo Diesel "Le Mans Series" or a Petrol GTi.
Fuel efficient (especially HDi turbo diesel), Reasonably comfortable, Good range of options, low emissions, great styling, plenty of room.
A bit pricey, interior finishings are only average on the lower models.

John B.

John B.asked

what are the part number for al4 automatic transmission in year 2007 peugeot 207shift solenoids

Nikos m.

Just got my solenoids changed -got them from eBay for 120 so just say al4 and u buy them no need for any part number -except if u wan tg to buy from peugeot australia

Nikos m.

Plus the labor to put them

Mogo51

Mogo51asked

I have Peugeot 207 sw and power steering failed a week ago without any prior problem or warning. Discovered this is an acknowledged fault by Peogeot in power steering pump., has to be replaced. It seems that they will cover replacement tilm 2021? Can anyone update me on this as I am waiting on their decision.

Spyder356a

take it to a Peugeot dealer

207 TRANSMISSION

207 TRANSMISSIONasked

Has anyone else experienced transmission failure?
Australian Consumer Law 'fit for purpose' applies.
Need 7 people minimum for a class action.
As I was driving: 3 things happened simultaneously without warning:
(a) transmission failed,
(b) power steering locked up and
(c) heating went hot inside cabin.
Fortunately I did not have an accident.
Always kept in good condition and serviced just recently.
RACV policy does not cover mechanical or electrical fault. RACV allege I was unable to make a claim as transmission failure was not caused by an accident.
Peugeot allege my car (5 years old - 2011 model and done 57K) is worth $2K (regardless if I pay $7K to have transmission replaced and the extra to have the thermostat fixed and new tyres).
If you have experienced transmission failure in the 207, please leave your comment.

Audrey
Audrey

I've owned a 207 HDI Outdoor for almost 6 years now and have had numerous problems with the car over the years. it has just hit 67,000kms. In 2015 the power steering failed as i was driving. It was quite a disconcerting experience and a potentially dangerous one. This happened two or three times before I took it to the dealer. They told me that it was a manufacturing fault and they had seen it in a few cars before mine. I didn't have a transmission problem but the power steering one, I suggest you ask the dealer again. Forunately, they fixed the power steering problem as it was still under warranty. My fuel injectors (all four!) need replacing apparently as the turbo stopped working about two years back. the car had only done over 50000kms when this happened. I have asked at dealer as it was still under warranty at the time - they washed their hands off it saying it was my fault as i put 'dirty fuel' in! As if I would deliberately put dirty fuel into my own car to wreck it! very disappointing service and or lack of...

KKEN
KKEN

Hi I had similar problem 207sw Outdoor 2011 model.
Just share my problem for further lost way Peugeot users.
Nothing problem about 6years.
The Power steering motor gone / common problem water leaking into ECU.
The parts only available assembled motor with ECU therefore change whole electric motor with ECU. (Can not fix motor or replace ECU only) but may be DIY recondition is possible.
You can drive without PWS but it is just too heavy only issue.
( Australia parts price A$2050 Inc GST / UK A$400 ex VAT)

AL4 major problem coming for me too !
I consider major reason : ATF not changed more than 62,000km
1 to 2 or 2 to 3 automatic gear hasn't move up smoothly / might be possibly needs to replace ATF but only half(about 4L) would be good idea for first time.
If lucky your car back to normal as new but if unlucky you need to change valve.
(highly recommend replace ATF every 20,000km at least half ATF about 4L).

Replace 2x Solenoid valve.
(Australia parts price A$232 / each inc GST / UK A$138(£69) / each ex VAT) # DO NOT USE Cheep China made one.

Replace Presser sensor because oil leaking from body.
(Australia parts price A$440 inc GST / UK A$170(£122) ex VAT)

Those item is genuine parts from Peugeot parts dealer in UK.

Peugeot Australia can put any price tag without business competitor.
I found guy from ebay (stevenmcainsh@peugeotmail.co.uk) / contact to him with VIN then you will get much helpful answer than local Peugeot parts dealer.
You can pay by Paypal that provide shopping insurance too and ask without VAT (20% off from local price).
Transport cost is not too expensive and quick by DHL in three to six days depends on stock.
You might needs to find European car specialist to do work done especially AL4 needs to ECU update.
I just want to share my experience because you might had headache with unreasonable quotes from local dealer.

cheers
French car user

Spyder356a

Yes, sign me up. I will never buy a Pug again

Get an answer from our members and Peugeot representatives

CategoryConvertibles, Wagons and Hatchbacks
Starting Price $31,490
TransmissionManual
Drive TypeFront Wheel Drive (FWD)
Fuel TypeDiesel