Philips All-In-One Cooker HD2137/72

Philips All-In-One Cooker HD2137/72

MPN: 35909128

Ok but expecting it lasts a bit longer

Worked great when it works. However, it failed after three year usage sparingly. Yesterday, while I was in the middle of cooking, the electrical component just failed and no longer turned on after plugging in. For a 200 dollar cooker I would expect it lasts longer than my 5 year old 20 dollar kettle.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi there Rosemary, Thanks for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear you've been enjoying it for three years and we would like to see if we can help you with the issue you're experiencing right now. Have you already been in contact with our Care Team? They can be reached via the following phone number: 1300 363 391. They'll be happy to investigate the matter further for you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great machine. So easy to use and I use the pressure cooker feature all the time.

I have been very impressed with this machine and I am trying new recipes with great success. I recently made an amazing seafood chowder using the stock I made from bones and heads of fresh fish and prawns. I am still trying other features but very happy so far. Very easy to use and clean.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there, Thanks for your positive review and great to hear you're enjoying the product. The seafood chowder dish sounds delicious and we hope there will be many more tasty recipes to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Very Handy House hold item

This is not your normal cooker. It can do a lot of more stuff and you will get a free recipe book with it to make some some lovely dishes. Easy cooking, put everything in cooker and it will be ready in due course. Easy cleaning and all items are easy to clean. You don't have to stand there during the cooking, like normal cooker.

Good product.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Hi there, Thanks for sharing your thoughts about the All-in-one cooker. :) We're glad to read that you think this is a handy item for in your home. If we can help you with anything, please let us know. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Easy cooking

Love to be able to put everything in the cooker and the food will be cooking itself. No need to watch the stove, and more cooking overflow from the stove top. Great taste, can cook anything, soup, stew, cake, dessert, rice, etc. Can't imagine it can do many different kids of food.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Yoyo. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on our All-In-One Cooker here with us. :-) It's great to hear you've been experimenting with many different recipes, and that the cooker has made cooking easier for you! If there's ever anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to reach out. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

2 faulty units, still not fixed after 4 weeks.

After returning one unit to shop as the pressure valve didn't work. I was issued with a replacement. Same issue but Philips insisted on repairing. That was a month ago. Literally hours spent type chatting, matter supposedly being escalated (3 times). Getting nowhere. So frustrated and annoyed. Lost faith in the product and severely disappointed in Philips after care

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Rose, We appreciate you mentioning this to us. This is not the way we want our customers to feel. Sounds like you've had a lot of bad luck with the cookers, we apologize for the inconvenience. Have you been in touch with our care team via phone? You can reach them at 1300 363 391. Perhaps they can clarify a few things for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamYes. I did try them and after re explaining, like I have done 5 times before they told me to re contact officers through type chat. Just another waste of time.Hi Rose, welcome back. Could you send us a PM containing your contact details? We would like to speed this up as we understand you've been waiting for too long now. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

valve has started malfunctioning

Had it for 13 months. For the most part loved it. Around 6 months ago the rubber seal started falling out whenever I lifted the lid and then stopped sealing so I would have to mess around with the lid to get it to seal properly. Then recently the valve fell out, (right about the time the warranty expired) and now it wont pressurize properly, unless I cover it with a cloth and sit something heavy on top of it. Very annoying and quite disappointing. Any advice would be welcome. I don't want to have to babysit it every time I cook something.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Sarah, thanks for sharing your honest review about the All-In-One Cooker. Needless to say, we're sorry to hear about the issues you're experiencing with the cooker. Please know that this is not the quality we aim for. We wish to take a closer look at the appliance, especially since this is within the 2 year warranty. Please contact us on the following number: 1300 363 391 (AU - Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ - Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm). We hope to speak to you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThanks will contact after the holidays.

Excellent!

I bought this yesterday after having it on my wish list for many months. I used it last night to make pea and ham soup. It was super quick, easy to use and cooked to perfection. (nothing worse than a chewy split pea!) The family insist it was the best ever, and since I used the same old recipe I can only assume the new cooker made all the difference.
Very happy, highly recommended!

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Thanks for the kind words. We're happy to hear the pressure cooker was able to elevate your soup to the next level of tastiness. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Not quite good enough...

The unit itself is passable, although the pre-programmed setting are next to useless, even for the recipes in the supplied book. Rice and Risotto are both 14min on the pressure cooker menu - why waste a program when there are only 5 to choose from in the first place? Can only handle small batches of meat, but burns small batches of rice. Pot scratches easily, despite only using wooden or plastic utensils. The 'cookbook' included is riddled with errors, incomplete instructions, missing ingredients and generally looks like it was a draft rushed to printing without proofreading. Basic usage instructions were also subpar with even basic instructions incorrect.

Generally an extremely disappointing unit - I would have expected far, far better quality and design.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Marta. Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts, however, we regret hearing you didn't have the best experience with our recipe booklet. Please know there are many recipes available on the internet and on YouTube as well. We hope that keeps you inspired to use the All-In-One Cooker. If there is ever anything we can do for you, don't hesitate to get in contact with us. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Great cooker

Got this to replace a tefal cook4me and this leaves the tefal behind. I use the manual controls and appreciate the different sear temps and intuitive controls, however it does take a little longer to come up to pressure than the tefal did. It’s very easy to clean and maintain, but not dishwasher compatible . Haven’t tried the slow cook function yet, but will update this review when I do.

Date PurchasedNov 2018
Hi there. Great to hear you're a fan of the All-In-One Cooker! We hope the positives weigh out on the fact that it might take a little longer. Do let us know what you think of the slow cook function, we're always curious to hear experiences from our customers. If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to get in contact with us on Facebook, Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or via any of the options on our contact pages: https://bit.ly/2yZ3wA9 (NZ) or https://bit.ly/2wukcTf (AU). Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Not reliable - burns food

I have used the recipe book - some were okay but most burned. I can't understand the timer or the timing as it takes quite some time to build up pressure. I have contacted Philips via emails and they replied by email and organised a time to ring in the morning (I waited in all day!) but still 2 weeks later have not had anyone ring me to answer my questions. Extremely disappointing no Customer Care! Then when you ring they still don't get back to you. The cooker is easy to clean and looks good but I can't afford to burn food (especially when you are relying on it for a meal for the family). What was supposed to help reduce stress has caused further stress - by burning food and not getting replies from maker. Think I will go for a refund for an unreliable product.

November 22nd 2018 Update: Still no success with customer care - nearly 1 month has passed.

Hi after starting an enquiry with this company on 24th October 2018 I am still waiting to speak with someone. Numerous emails back and forth but no success in setting up a time for them to ring. Can't believe how many emails you can receive when a simple phone call would have had this answered. Time wasting to the max.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi Roslyn, thank you for sharing your experiences here. We're sorry to hear about your struggles with the pressure cooker. Just now, we replied to your private message and hope to speak to you soon there. Thank you in advance. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Amazing product

I’ve used my multi cooker nearly every day since I bought it a month ago.
It cooks extremely well. UsIng the cook book provided is a great way to start. Within a few recipes you can understand how to convert traditional slow-cooker recipes to the multi cooker. I have even made jam, and the taste was remarkable.
It’s easy to use, the regulator and floating valve are easy to clean. Looking at some other machines, they are overly complicated, with more parts to clean.
The silicon seal requires thorough washing, and it will occasionally hold an odor, but this doesn’t affect the overall taste of the next batch of food you may cook. My jam didn’t taste of curry!
One tip that maybe useful is to check the pressure control valve each time you cook with it. Make sure the black ring which holds the vent is finger tightened, so you don’t waste time bringing your food to pressure. This is a game changer, and makes cooking enjoyable. My family are really enjoying all the food cooked in the cooker.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there. Cool to hear that this product is such an asset in your kitchen. :) It's pretty convenient and easy, right? Thanks for submitting your review and please know that we're here if you have any questions. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Very disappointed

I bought this cooker and have had no luck i cooked beef after sticking to the instruction it was not cooked. Then i cooked the lamb korma to the recipe it came out watery and the meat not cooked properly. I cooked corned beef on slow cook for 8.5 hours and still not cooked properly i had better luck with my $20 slow cooker from k.mart i am so disappointed what a waste of money.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hey there, Libby, Good to see you've found us here and that you've taken the time to share your honest thoughts with us. We regret hearing the All-In-One cooker has not been able to meet your expectations. We can imagine you'd had a different situation in mind. If you wish to be assisted further, please feel free to let us know on 1300 363 391. Many thanks for reaching out, and take care for now. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamI offered for Phillips to ring me by leaving my phone number in my last reply to Phillips but apparently that wasnt possible . I will stick with my comments the cooker does not cook properley even the recipe in the book didnt cook properley after following the instructions. You dont make the effort to help these people with problems with the cooker

Extremely happy with this cooker!

I purchased this cooker 2 weeks ago and I'm so glad I chose this one. I previously had a Breville Versa Cook, which I thought was okay (until it died), but this All-in-one takes cooking to new heights for me. I had previously been nervous about pressure cooking, but no more. This cooker makes sumptuous meals in very little time and I find it very easy to operate. I have even made cakes in it without changing any part of the recipe. The interior bowl is easily cleaned and doesn't smell, even after the messiest dishes have been cooked in it. I anticipate many happy hours cooking with this device. I thoroughly recommend it to anyone who may be sceptical about pressure cooking.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Hi there. We're so happy to hear our All-In-One Cooker has made cooking easier for you. It's great that you've been using it for so many various things. It sounds like you're definitely in for many more happy hours with this cooker! If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our support team, you can find us on Facebook and Twitter (@PhilipsCare).

Useless POS - Phillips Outsourced support are useless

- Wont pressurise properly (only gets to 01 or 02 max!)
- Lid wont open for 30+ Minutes after cooking, pressure release/unlock doesnt work - trapping food inside
- Called service centre who didn't offer any troubleshooting and who after 3 phone calls could still not provide me a correct phone number for a philips service centre in NSW Australia, They didn't even have a street name just 'Shop 26'

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hey Anthony, thanks for your honest feedback on this. Was this the issue you were able to solve yourself in the end? If you do require our help, don't hesitate to let us know, we'd be happy to look into this with you. We're also still curious to learn where and how it went wrong with the customer service. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Third time lucky

This was my third pressure cooker in a short time. The Breville Fast Slo Pro was taken back as it wasn't coming to pressure and the Cuisineart worked well but was cutting out occasionally. So finally I went with the Phillip's AIO. It hasn't missed a beat and I use it most days. Curries come out perfectly and I am making yoghurt twice a week. The yoghurt recipe in the book comes out very runny. Found another recipe online and it comes out perfectly. The instruction book needs more general guides as to how long to cook different foods under pressure but I have usually managed to find what I need online. There is also conflicting info whether to seal or vent for yoghurt (I seal). Facebook groups have been very useful too for recipes and guidance. Overall have been very happy with it. Would give it 5 stars if the instructions were better.

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hey Mwallis, we're happy to read that the third time was the charm with our HD2137/72. It's always nice to read that such a variety of recipes gets a chance in the All-In-One Cooker. The recipe book definitely is more of a set of guide-lines than a hard set in stone law to produce food. Cooking is all about experimenting and playing! We're wishing you a lot of great meals in the future with this All-In-One Cooker. And if you ever have any questions for us, don't hesitate to reach out on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ) or through http://philips.com/support/. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Use it regularly

very easy to use, sometimes it's difficult to get to come to pressure again after the meat is finished and you want to add some veggies at the end. not sure if this is my fault or the machines. I've used it to make yoghurt as well as meals and it worked great ( pot in pot ) Cakes and cheesecakes came out good. Never used the slow cooker function, I just don't see the point

Date PurchasedNov 2017
Hi there. Thank you for leaving your feedback here. We're happy to know that you are enjoying the All-In-one Cooker. Your cheesecake sound great! If you have any questions concerning the pressure after using it for your meat, feel free to reach out to our colleagues by phone on this number: 1300 363 391. Enjoy the rest of your week. Kind Regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good...BUT

Yes...good...HOWEVER...having problems whereby the cooking process starts, yet the floating pressure valve has not risen...in other words, it is not pressurizing. Also, when it intermittently DOES pressurize, the pressure escapes through the vent valve. I have tried cleaning etc to no avail...not happy...when it works, it is great, however you don't know whether it is going to work or not...

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Bill. Thank you for taking the time to write down your experience here with us. There are a few things to keep in mind when preparing your All-In-One Cooker, which are the following: Make sure the sealing ring is properly assembled around the edge of the detachable inner lid. • Make sure the pressure regulator valve and floating valve are clean and not blocked. • Make sure the outside of the inner pot is dry and clean, and that there is no foreign residue on the heating element. • Make sure the inner pot is in proper contact with the heating element. If this doesn't do the trick, please don't hesitate to get in contact with our support team, so that they can look into this and help out. You can reach us on: 1300 363 391. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great cooker

It's not harder to use, but you need find more recipes to know what you can use it to cook also the cook time is hardiest part for me, it need more experience, but it is really good cooker it can slow cook or high pressure cook , for the price I'm really satisfied with it, it not really hard to clean, but my only concern is about the rubber seal things, it is bit hard to clean after using few times, but it's not big deal. Just wondering if we can get get the deal parts somewhere.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi there, Lin. Thanks for taking your time to write this review and we're glad to hear you like the product. :) About the ring, we advise you to use the search button of this page: https://www.parts.philips.com.au/ Searching for HD2137 should get the results that you are looking for. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThank you so much ! Very helpful

It’s great

Takes so quick to make dinner now, and safe when you have kids. Can’t live with out it at all. I’ve tried making stew and it was great! Very easy to clean takes only seconds. It’s a great investment piece in the kitchen. Time saver for busy mama like myself

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Hi there, we're happy to hear that you've discovered the ease of use and the other benefits of the All-In-One Cooker. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with us. We wish you and your family a great weekend. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

I don’t get it

I needed a new slow cooker but splashed out and spent big on this for the pressure cook function. I just don’t understand it but the meat is never that great. My husband said that it always tastes like the cooked meat has been chucked in at the end of everything else being cooked. It falls apart but is slightly dry and there is zero depth of flavour. This has been the case with several different recipes and types of meat. Very disappointing for the price, given we could get this flavour with our old $20 slow cooker. I wouldn’t recommend it.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Thanks a lot for taking the time to share your experience with us, Bec. We're sorry to hear that this All-In-One-Cooker hasn't been able to meet your expectations, and we can imagine that you feel this way. Given the fact that you've already tried multiple recipes, all leading to the same result, we think that his might have something to do with the Cooker itself. Therefore, we kindly recommend you to contact our customer support. You're able to reach them at 1300 363 391, but it's also possible to send us a message on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare). We hope we can help you improve your experience. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team