Philips Airfryer Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91

Philips Airfryer Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91

MPNs: HD9651-91 and HD9651/91

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Looking for a healthier way to enjoy delicious, home-cooked food? An air fryer is a great way to decrease fat intake, while still indulge in our favourite foods. Read on for more information on the benefits of air fryers as well as important features to look out for to make investing in a new air fryer worth it for you.

Read now

4.3

• Product is used
Sam K.

Sam K.

Love my Philips XXL digital airfryer. Have just ordered another

Purchased in July 2019 at Costco VIC, Moorabbin for A$399.00.

Philips S.Philips

Glad to hear this and thanks for sharing Sam. Sounds like the Airfryer makes your life a lot easier. Spread the word! :)

Brenda E

Brenda ESouth East Queensland, QLD

Faulty Cooking Compartment!

I purchased my Philips XXL three weeks ago. This worked perfectly well on the first week but on the second week, I noticed that the door is not shutting properly. Now, on the third week it looks like the gap is already up to 3mm. Not happy!

Purchased in May 2020 at Betta Home Living for A$459.00.

Daniel bSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stoped working

Was good until it stoped working. Only got just over 12months wont spend that much money again. Threw it in the bin worst $500 I have ever spent I highly recommend do not buy it. It kept having over temp come on when it’s been off for days.

Purchased in January 2019 for A$500.00.

Air Fryers

Find out how Philips Airfryer Premium XXL Digital HD9651/91 compares to other Air Fryers

Mark

MarkSydney, NSW

Great product

It's fast, doesn't heat up your kitchen and does a really good job of crisping food. It's better for foods naturally high in fat like chicken legs. It is large, so be aware of that.

Purchased in May 2020 at The Good Guys for A$500.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Mark, thank you for sharing your experience with the Airfryer Premium. It's great to hear that you like using your Airfryer!

Selina

Selina

This is a multi cooker.

We love this product as it saves us lots of time with cooking. It is easy to clean and it does multiple things like frying, heating, grilling. I can even fry peanuts and it turned out to be crunchy, and quick. Just bought another one for my mum. I would recommend this product to everyone.

John C.

John C.Darling Downs, QLD

Best cooking ware I have ever bought

This has to be the best kitchen appliance I have ever bought. It is very convenient and easy to use. It saves me from using my large oven wasting power and time to heat up as this machine heats up in a blink. Highly recommended to all

Purchased in December 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$406.00.

Eric C

Eric CSydney, NSW

Perfect, I cant live without it!

I've had the prior Phillips air-fryer models and can say that cleaning this one is so much easier!

I use it everyday and don' t know what i would do with out it. Easy to use, easy to clean and makes amazing food!

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer for A$449.00.

Mrs Hagan

Mrs HaganPerth, WA

Love this machine

You can use this good quality piece of kitchen equipment to cook almost anything you would in an oven.
Hot chips (home made or shop bought) come out perfectly. Reheating different food such as pastries to chicken wings or even roast meats from raw.
So versatile we use it daily!
Uses little power and I can reheat small amounts of things without turning on our huge oven.

Purchased in April 2018 at Harvey Norman for A$299.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks a lot for your review, Mrs Hagan! It's much appreciated that you've taken a moment to share some thoughts, and some of your greatest successes with the Airfryer.

srjh82

Would be convenient, but too failure prone

I did use this air fryer a lot - it was very convenient for thinks like frozen chips, schnitzels and roast vegetables, etc.

Unfortunately I have experienced several design faults that have left me wondering whether I made the right choice. I had to send it back once when the interface died, and the new unit rattled and shook like crazy (there is clearly something wrong with the fan) with an interlock that didn't seem to work either. The second unit eventually failed completely as well, and this time Philips is not responding to attempts to resolve the issue.

As they are not responding to my repeated attempts to resolve the issue, I am left with a very expensive pile of junk if Fair Trading does not resolve the issue.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones for A$399.00.

srjh82

Attempts have been made to contact Philips, however these attempts were eventually ignored and we're now left with a very expensive unit that has failed completely.

Simply Amazing

This Philips AirFryer is simply an amazing piece of technology. It is super efficient in cooking food and results in food being crispy without the need of oil. Would absolutely recommend for anyone looking for a healthier way to cook. It cooked 50 mini Dim Sims in 20 miniutes with not one undercooked or still frozen. This product is super easy to clean and can be used from baking to grilling to frying.

Purchased in December 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Samantha Hinderman

Samantha HindermanSydney, NSW

This is Perfect

Air fryer fries the food pretty quick and the food is always crispy when taken out. The chips especially! However the air fryer is difficult to clean due to its heavy weight.

Purchased in April 2018 at Coles for A$540.00.

Product is used Weekly

KaneT

KaneTNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Best thing I've brought

The best thing I have brought we cook everything in it. Dont cook something that has a lot of fat on it. As the fat spits up on the heating element and starts to smoke.

Purchased in March 2017 at Harvey Norman for A$400.00.

TheSnakebite

TheSnakebiteKaiapoi

Game Changer Kitchen Appliance

Purchased in October 2019 at Harvey Norman for A$450.00.

goonerdroid

goonerdroidPerth, WA

Good, but not sure the price tag worth it

I started with a smaller Phillips air fryer and always liked it, so decided to upgrade to the XXL model during a sale. I got no complaint about its speed of "frying" and cooking. Foods like chips, nuggets, fish fillets, chicken wings are cooked well & evenly, just not sure it's a lot better than my $100+ except can fit in more at a time. I didn't quite like the "oil reduction" tray inside, not sure it made a real difference to my food. To me, just one extra thing to wash. Still unsure whether it's ok to put in the dishwasher, as it looks like the inside is coated with a nonstick coating (don't quote me)? Still worthy appliance, just buy it on sale, not worth it at RRP.

Purchased in August 2019 at Myer Online Store for A$339.00.

Aly_S

Aly_SSydney

Love it! Went from no cooking skills to making meals for the family! So amazing

We bought one after using my parents. WOW! How is it this simple to make everything from chips to steak to chicken breast all with the push of a few buttons? We never fried food in the hoise before. Just too much work but now frozen chips go from bag to tray. 180 degrees and 10 mins later we have perfectly chrisp chips. So many recipes and so hard to screw up.

I have bought a lot of appliances to "help" me cook over the years from a slow cooker to a Regal Cook4Me but this is completely fool proof.

Highly recommend it and great for busy families.

Plus I wash everything in the dishwasher. Brilliant!

Purchased in September 2019 at Myer for A$424.15.

Air Fryers

My new favourite appliance!

The Philips XXL AirFryer is my new favourite appliance! It’s taken over the tasks that my oven and deep fryer would normally get given.
Cook time is ridiculously fast and I love that there is no preheat time. The machine itself is large enough to cook a whole chicken! I’ve noticed food is a lot less oilier when we cook in the AirFryer.
The instructions are easy to understand and straight forward. My husband is dying to get his hands on it to give it a whirl.
Everyone goes to bed with a full belly after I make dinner in the AirFryer! Oh and it’s super easy to clean!

Not working

Purchased this a couple of days ago and thought I'd start off with something easy. So followed instructions on how to do the homemade fries. Well after an hour of trying and retrying it's just not happening.
Airfryer will not heat up. Very disappointed will be returning this airfryer tomorrow.

Purchased at Harvey Norman.

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Really, every kitchen needs an Air Fryer

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer Online Store for A$296.90.

ninebabes

ninebabesGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

One of the best appliances you can have in your kitchen

I had the old ones. But needed a bigger one. I do love these things. I make a bbq chicken in it every week. Takes 60 mins. I cut it up and make wraps for boys school lunches. The kids can also just put things in it when they get hungry. Party pies, spring rolls, fish etc... get it it’s worth it. I couldn’t live without this. One of best things Phillips has ever made. I can’t fault it.

Purchased at Stan Cash.

Mish

MishAdelaide

Favourite Kitchen Appliance

I wish I got on to this earlier - what a huge time save and another means of cooking healthy meals. We've cooked all sorts of delicious meals in ours (stuffed capsicums, fish cakes, roast chicken, pork, vegetables, bread, scotch fillet, seafood - list goes on), yet to make chips! Results are always consistent and perfectly cooked, locked full of flavour and juicy. Cleaning is easy - removable parts straight into the dishwasher. Only part a little hard to clean is the top element. I cant rave enough about this air fryer. Will be purchasing accessories to try baking recipes

Purchased in February 2019 at David Jones Online Store for A$499.00.

See all Philips Premium Digital Airfryer reviews

Ari S.

Ari S.asked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

I've had my XXL for two weeks. Everytime I use it, regardless of what I cook or how fatty the food is, the air fryer fills my house with smoke, literally to the point all does and windows need to be opened. The fryer is clean, no fat residue in the bottom and has the same result whether it's verges or chicken nuggets. It cools slowly and unevenly. Is it faulty? Can I return it? My old Kmart air fryer was far superior!

rikimo
rikimo

I suggest you contact Philips or the shop you purchased from for a replacement. Gluck

Philips S.Philips

Hello there, Ari, thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear that you are not satisfied with the performance of your Airfryer and we understand that you would like to return it. At your earliest convenience, please feel free to get in touch with us directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. One of our colleagues will then be able to advise you further on the right process for this.

Kind Regards

Ali Masked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

Purchased my Philips Airfryer Jan 2019 and have loved using it most days since then. Unfortunately now the drawer does not close flush with Air fryer and does not remain clicked into position.
The separation is at least 4mm allowing some warm air to escape. What can I do?

Philips S.Philips

Hello Ali, thank you for your question on here. It's most certainly great to hear that you've been enjoying your Airfryer a lot. The drawer however, should indeed sit flush. The only way to solve this, would be with a repair. We would recommend giving our customer support a call on 1300 363 391. From Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. If you're not based in Australia, we would recommend getting in touch with a team in your country instead. You could find them through this page: https://philips.to/2TjZsHK.

Ali M

Sorry, I have already spoken to your team on the helpline, to have my concerns dismissed as a 'usual' occurrence with the drawer. No help there.
Can you advise on where to from now and would these repairs be at my cost and inconvenience, seeing as though this seems to be an on going and frequent design problem for Philips Airfryer

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, Ali - thanks for your reply.

We're sorry to learn that this was the outcome of your call to our customer service. Alternatively you could also reach out through social media on Twitter (@PhilipsCare) or through Facebook: https://facebook.com/Philips/. Perhaps another team can take another look at that, and perhaps help with handling the repair.

Douglas G.

Douglas G.asked

XXL Digital HD9651/91

how many liters is the xxl digital

Philips S.Philips

Hi Douglas, thank you for your question, The Airfryer XXL Digital has a basket with a 7.3L capacity. Feel free to return to us, if you have further questions!

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives