Philips Viva HR7761/00

Philips Viva HR7761/00

Potato slicer

I enjoyed using this processor. Easy to clean and use. In the manual there is a potato slicer, but it did not get it in my box.
Was it meant to be included in the box?

Purchased in December 2018.

Product is used: Weekly
Hi there, thanks for your review! We like hearing that you're happy with the device's performance. :-) As for your question, I looked into it for you, and if you indeed own the HR7761/00 the slicer should have been included in the packaging. In case you'd like us to have a closer look at it, feel free to get in touch via 1300 363 391. We hope the matter will be resolved shortly! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Misleading Advertising

The box clearly advertises a bowl size of 2.1 litres. The website description did the same. If you're buying a food processor that advertises 2.1 litres, you would think that is the capacity but oh no. The bowl itself states the maximum as being 1.5 litres.

If that was not bad enough it came out of the box faulty. While the motor worked with the blender, it did not work with the bowl..

Thankfully I purchased it from Target who refunded me instantly and the person I spoke to was shocked about the false advertising on the box.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
Hi Saintsonfire, Thanks for your honest review. It's certainly regrettable to hear that you feel this way about your HR7761 during the time you owned one. We do state on our website that the bowl has a working capacity of 1,5 liters, as you can see here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HR7761_00/viva-collection-food-processor. We are going to make sure to flag this for our product development team. Besides this, it is understandably frustrating to find out something doesn't work properly right out of the box. If you'd like to discuss anything about your experience further with us, please don't hesitate to reach out to us on 1300 363 391 (AU) or on 0800 658 224 (NZ). Or on social media through @PhilipsCare (Twitter), or any of our Facebook pages. Thanks again. And we hope your next experience with us will be a lot better. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThanks - I purchased it online at Target. There it is advertised as a 2 litre bowl. The box advertises 2.1 litre bowl. Maybe i should have checked the Philips website also. I understand this is an international product, but if you can have them add the 1.5 litre working capacity to the box (as is on your website), that would certainly help others. Can i make one other suggestion. Any chance of creating a more detailed, user friendly user manual - even if only on your website. I understand you make the one in the box as brief as possible because you do so in a hundred languages and you want to minimise paper, but they are terrible to read. You spend millions on research and development to make quality products. Don't let them down with the packaging and instructions. I do appreciate your engagement and your willingness to address the issue i raised. As a result of the other positive reviews here I have gone back to Target and purchased the unit again. Even with the 1.5 litre capacity it was better than other options in this price range. I used it today for the first time and it worked really well. I will use it over the coming weeks and update my original review. Thanks for taking the time to reply. It is appreciated.Hi Saintsonfire, Once again thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on this matter. We will make sure that your points get to our product team. Regarding the user manual, we can imagine the text being too small due to minimizing the use of paper, thankfully we do have an online version of the user manual as well. You can find it right here: https://philips.to/2CS8XaI. We appreciate your willingness to give our product another try. We can't wait to hear about your experience with it after using it for a while. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Works efficiently.

Fantasic! Don’t know why I’ve waited so long to buy one! Works efficiently, quietly and performed all functions well using the different attachments. Impressed by the ease of use, though the directions in the leaflet could have been improved upon. I’ve used a variety of foods in the processor and it didn’t miss a beat. Consider I’ve gotten value for money.

Date PurchasedOct 2018
We're happy to hear that, Gail! Thank you for your review: it's wonderful to see that you like our food processor, and that it can contribute as a worthy kitchen tool. That said, our products are always subject to improvements, and we appreciate the feedback you've shared with us as well. Here to you enjoying your food processor for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great value for money processor

For the money, this machine is great value. One thing to realise is that it's a light to medium duty processor, so putting anything too firm is obviously going to break bowls and such - a big ask for something that wasn't designed to be abused. Otherwise, it does everything it should and does it nicely.
Really though, if you're expecting a heavy duty processor, then perhaps you should think about spending a few hundred dollars, not $120 odd.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
Thanks for taking the time to write a review on this food processor, Mick. It's very nice to hear that you're happy with the performance of the machine for the price you've paid. We wish you a lot of great meals and kitchen comfort with this addition to your tool set. Bón appetit! Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi there, It's always good to find a product that's of great value for its price, right? :) Thanks for sharing! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Hi ..if this model is discontinued that mean i can't buy the bowl? I love this super machine ..but w

A beautiful and easy to work when you know the way..every ghing work perfect ..but i admit the bowl is a bit weak..my broke few weeks ago ..i going to missed if cannot find a replace ,it is possible to buy just that .Can somebody give me an advice please?..thanks

Date PurchasedNov 2016
Hi Soniab, Thanks a lot for sharing your experience with us. Great to hear that you like your Food Processor so much. We regret hearing about your broken bowl, though, and you should indeed be able to purchase a new one. If you haven't reached out to our customer service yet, we kindly advise you doing so. You're able to call us on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia and on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand. We're more than willing to assist you there. We hope to hear from you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good food processor/blender/chopper but not amazing grater

Bought this from Target as it was on discount - obviously because it’s discontinued. Out of the box it’s easy to set up and clean in the dishwasher. The blender is quieter than my old Kmart blender but works well for smoothies. The chopper and food processor work well. The only downside is the grater. Basically the food pusher doesn’t go all the way down and any vegetable will have large bits stuck at the top, not fully grating. But other than that it works fine. Cleans up nicely in the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Hi James, thank you for taking the time to write down your experiences with the food processor. We appreciate your honest feedback and are happy to hear you are pleased with the blender and chopper. Your feedback concerning the grater is forwarded to our product team. Your review helps us to improve our products and is therefore very valuable to us. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThanks

Great Blender Processor

I bought this food processor blender from Target last year & are happy with it, mostly gets used for blending, but it comes with the juicer, plus many other attachments, it does the job well, would recommend this product.

Hi there, thank you for taking the time to review the Viva Collection Food processor. We're glad to hear that you're so happy with the appliance. Enjoy the rest of your week! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great for biscuit crumbs!!!!!!

I was sick to death of making biscuit crumbs with rolling pin (aka wine bottle) and ziplock bag. Googled extensively for food processor that does this well and found everything but. Anyway, this machine does it perfectly! Have no use for the other attachments (it came with heaps) and will prob never use them. I love the small compact size and neat look compared to others, and the price $108 was very reasonable for something I will not use much. Target have them for $99 this week.

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Hi Jenny, Glad to hear you're such a fan! Thank you for sharing your positive feedback here. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This is the worst electrict equipment that I ever bought

I bout Philips Viva collection HR 7761 few weeks ago. When I use it I notice grinder and blender attachments are not working. Then I returned to the seller and bought a same model again. Unfortunately new one also had the same problem. I believe this model has a factory fault. The safety switch is not working while attach grinder and blender to the motor. I really disappointed about the product.

Date PurchasedSep 2017
Hi Hiru, We appreciate that you've taken the time to say a couple of words on your experience with our HR7761. By the sounds of it it hasn't been that great. Our customer care team might be able to tell what's going on, or find a way to resolve this. Have you tried calling 1300 363 391? Alternatively you could also contact us on social media or through http://philips.com/support/. Hope to turn your experience around. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

plastic bowl just broke up

Plastic bowl just broke up while fitting the bowl to the motor unit. The bowl seems to be made of plain polyethylene rather than ABS plastic which is the standard. the motor unit is made of ABS , they should have used ABS for the bowl and the jar also.

Date PurchasedApr 2015
Hey there, Thank you for leaving your review with us. We're sorry to hear your bowl just broke. We like to see if we could assist you with this matter. Could you please contact our specialists at 1300 363 391? They would like to see how they can help you out with this. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.Philips consumer care claimed the "Bowl is a consumable". Philips would not replace it. Don't understand how does bowl gets consumed in use?. Problem is that the plastic used by Philips for this food processor's jar is SAN (Styrene-acrylonitrile resin ) plastic, known to be brittle (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styrene-acrylonitrile_resin , it mentions "SAN is ..... brittle in mechanical behavior") . This processor apparently does not comply with applicable Australian Standard AS/NZS 3350.1:2002 clause 21 titled Mechanical strength..."Appliances shall have adequate mechanical strength and be constructed to withstand such rough handling that may be expected in normal use", even though it was not handled roughly. When choosing the replacement food processor I will remember that bowls of Philips food processors are "consumable".

Could be better

I purchased a Philips Food Processor & while it works great the parts seem to break easily & require replacement. So far I've had to replace a black O-ring for blender which wasn't easy to get & now the lid has broken/chipped. I also wouldn't recommend the blender as it doesn't work well.

Date PurchasedJul 2016
Hi Sam, We appreciate you took the time to share your thoughts on the HR7761. Every bit of feedback is welcome! It sounds like you are not entirely happy with the unit, as the parts keep breaking. Have you been in touch with our call centre team about this already? Maybe they can help out! You can reach them at 1300 363 391. If you are not from Australia, please let us know so we can point you in the right direction. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

A very useful, good value food processor

Unlike many food processors, this one can also make mayonnaise and whip egg whites.
The direct drive unit takes up less shelf space than belt drive food processors, and hopefully will last longer.
The package includes a standard food processor with a chopping blade, aerating (whipping) blade, several shredding/slicing blades and a dough blade (which I haven't yet tried), plus a vitamiser and a small grinder that worked a treat turning chestnuts into puree.
The negatives are that:
* it's not clear whether the main mixing bowl is microwave-safe,
* you will need to find space to store the attachments and numerous accessories, and
* the package doesn't include a spatula, or attachments for squeezing oranges or for slicing potatoes into chips.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
Hi Leon, Thanks a lot for sharing your feedback. We're very happy to see that the Food processor works so well for you. Have you already made some of your own special mayonnaises? As regards the mixing bowl, we'd like to advise you to call our product specialists. You can reach them on 1300 363 391 if you're located in Australia and 0800 658 224 if you're located in New Zealand. Our team is more than willing to find out for you whether or not the bowl is microwave-safe. They're also able to assist you with other possible questions. For now, we wish you lots of fun with your Food processor! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

A waste of money

When you use it just for a few seconds, not even a minute, It smells like if it is burning. You can´t get the texture of the humus for example, or any creamy texture, the blades are very short.
Both of them, the processor and the blender are terrible. My boyfriend gave it as a present for Christmas and I know is not too expensive, but for 750 Watts of power I would have expected something at least decent.
I went to Target to give it back but I was exeded on the 28 days you have to do so, otherwise I would have to sent it to Sydney (I´m in Cairns) and its not worth it.
Everytime I use it (like now) I think " Such a waste of money!!"

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hello Florencia, Thanks for reaching out to us and telling us what happened. We take this seriously and we would like to follow up to check if there are alternative ways to resolve this. We will send you a private message asking for some details. Hope to hear from you there! Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamThe Philips team wasn´t helpful at all, on the contrary I waste a lot of time speaking over the phone with representatives calling from Philippines who didn´t know a single thing about processors (they just follow instructions and ask you silly questions about how you use your processor) and also responding pointless e-mails. They sent me to return it to the shop I bought it, and of course, the shop didn´t want to take responsibility (and fare enough) because Philips wouldn’t return any money to them. So at today, I still have the processor, I´m more frustrated than before and angry cause you expect to be given some kind of solution when they contact you (yes, they contact you!) but no, you just you spend more of your time… for nothing.Hello Florencia, We've just sent you a private message. Awaiting your reply. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Awesome Multi-functional Unit But...

I have loved using every function on this machine! I have 2 small child with allergies so I do a lot of food preparation. I use the blender every day for smoothies, until i dropped and broke the blending jug :( The blending bowl is great for delicious dips, homos and to puree baby food. The grater and slicer for vegetables- fantastic blade! The grinder mill is great to make almond meal and other nut/seed flour. All parts are easy to clean! My mum saw how much i used mine and just purchased the latest model. Unfortunately really hard to get replacement parts, even from overseas, found one jug in the UK but the jug alone was more than half the cost of the whole unit. Really miss our smoothies & icy poles especially as its summer! Would love any info on where to acquire new blending jug.

Hi Jeanne, Thank you for your review. It’s great to see you’ve enjoyed the blender so much, but not so great that you’ve been having trouble finding a replacement bowl. We suggest you try contacting our Consumer Care Team on 1300 363 391 if you’re in Australia, or 0800 658 224 for New Zealand, so they can check where you may get one a without such a hassle. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Love it but...

Have had my food processor/blender for 3 weeks now, I love the food processor but after 3 uses of the blender the blade no longer spins so now have to return the whole device. Very disappointed as it's Christmas and I really need it and will have to wait weeks for a replacement.

Hi Lydia. We're sorry to hear that the blade of your blender no longer spins. We can imagine that you're disappointed now you have to miss the unit with Christmas. If you have any other questions about the status of your repair and if you're based in Australia, please call 1300 363 391. They might be able to help out. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great little machine!

This is a great value food processor. It's compact and packs away very neatly in the cupboard, has loads of attachments and with the food processor and blender bowls it can pretty much do everything we need a food processor to do. The suction feet on the base are a great idea and work brilliantly. We've had our machine for over a year and it's been great. The only negative is that because it's a lower priced machine the plastic is not as good quality as other machines, so when we dropped the lid on a tiled floor it shattered and spare parts were very difficult to find.

Hey there AJ. Thank you for your positive review. We're happy to hear you like the Food Processor. Were you eventually able to find the spare parts? If not, please let us know and we will be happy to look it up for you. Happy cooking!

Good processor but the blender hasn't lasted

Similar to a few other reviews, we have loved this processor and the blenders up until recently, but are really disappointed that the blender, after only 12 months, now leaks on use.
We are a family of two, so haven't given the processor too much work.
We picked it based on good reviews, but it really hasn't lasted.

Hi Tanya. How unfortunate that it's leaking. Would you like to give us a call on 1300 363 391 (option 2) ? Then we can discuss the matter directly. We might be able to help you further.

What a very versatile food processor at a low price

Last year I bought this Philip food processor for $99. What an excellent value for such a very versatile food processor. It is easy to use and easy to clean. It has a bowl, a blender and a grinder mill plus 5 different stainless steel disc inserts. I often quickly use it to grate vegetables. It makes cooking so much quicker. Great product!

Hi Ineke! Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear you're excited about your food processor. Happy cookings!

Good product at a fair price

This is my first food processor and I'm very happy with it so far. I've had it for about 4 months now and use it regularly. I don't really use anything other than the bowl and dual metal blade insert to make things like dips, mashed cauliflower, cauliflower rice, smoothies and sorbets.
I attempted to use the jug to make a banana smoothie however the blades struggled with the frozen banana so I just stick to using the main bowl and dual blade insert, which is fine.

partly excellent / partly poor

All blades are excellent, multi-functional, sharp.
Phillips have decided to use a poor quality black resinous plastic on the base of the blenders (bowls), it wears out after only 6 months of low usage. It has a 2 year warranty, but Phillips are reluctant to cover the bowls, even though by Australia Consumer laws they have to.
Plastic shoot cracked when grating cheese.
multifunctionality
poor quality plastic wearing out after only 6 months

Hi Emily, Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused. Can you contact us on philips.product.review@philips.com along with your contact details, so we can get in touch and see if we can help you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.I contacted philips.product.review@philips.com, but the did not respond about replacement part. After sales service really falls short.

See all Philips Viva Collection Food Processor reviews