Philips Viva HR7762/90

Philips Viva HR7762/90

MPN: HR7762/90

Shocked by Quality of Customer Service

I cannot describe the quality, performance or my satisfaction with the Philips 7762/90 Food Processor I purchased because after 4 weeks I am none the wiser on how to effectively utilize the product, following my interaction with the Philips Customer Service team.
I can declare that I have never previously owned or operated a modern Food Processor, so maybe my expectations of product support are unreasonable?
The boxed unit came with 2 small booklets - a Quick Reference Guide & User Guide. I have good eyesight, but was really struggling to read & comprehend these guides. In the guides, there are small black & white graphics of the attachments next to pictures of e.g a potato. There is no reference to the naming of the attachments.
I first checked the Philips website for additional resources & also checked YouTube for instructional videos unsuccessfully, prior to contacting Philips customer support. It's worth noting that at this point, I searched for resources of competitor products & found multiple user resources (videos, manuals, recipes etc.). I wanted similar materials that referenced the tools on the device I had bought.
I contacted customer support and was directed to a call centre where I outlined my request for information. The response was that the issue would be referred to a Product Specialist to provide a list of 'part names'? and I would be sent a link to video resources. The link was sent promptly with a standard search results page from You Tube (note - none are Philips videos). I responded with the following email.

"Thank you. Now I know how to unpack my box and how to operate the machine in 6 languages other than English. The You Tube links were not helpful and nothing I had not already found, as I mentioned.

To reiterate, I bought the Viva., having never owned a Food Processor before. The user manual and quick start guides are awful. All my family have tried to take the lead in deciphering the manuals, without success.

If I look on Sunbeam/Breville sites, there is information/resources for use of their products and descriptive use of the tools in the recipes. Sending me a 'how to use' 3rd party video in Japanese or German does not constitute the service levels I would expect from a brand like Philips.

My questions are quite broad:
What are the tools called? When would I use each of them (a drawing of a potato gives me a glimmer of hope)? When would I use Pulse rather than Speed 1 or 2? Why would I use Pulse rather than Speed 1 or 2? I have worked out the 'emulsifier' makes baby food - what else is it for?

I would really appreciate a more substantial response. Sending those You Tube links, while I am sure the intent was good, is quite dismissive and impersonal. Hoping for further feedback."

After no further response I checked back in, and was advised the issue was still being coordinated with the Product Specialist. A few days later, I was sent a PDF of the QRG that came in the box with the product. I have chosen not to participate in any further correspondence with the support team.

I am sure the products great, if you know what you are doing. However, I remain pretty disappointed with what I consider to be a genuine and undemanding request for customer support.

Purchased in March 2019 at JB Hi-Fi.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry to hear that your contact with our support team hasn't been what you've expected. If you'd like we can have another look at your questions. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare), that helps us investigate it further. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamThank you for your response. Regarding "reaching out on social media", are you suggesting that it would be back to square one in stating my issues/requests?Thanks for getting back to us. Don't worry, if you copy and paste your initial message on this product review platform and share it as a post or Private/Direct Message to one of our platforms, our colleagues will understand your request will be able to get to work quickly. If you have received any reference number starting with (60-) in your earlier communciations with our colleagues, please include them in your message as well, as they will help our colleagues get up to speed on your case even faster. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

The shredding disk broke in the first use.

Hi team, my shredding and slicing disk broke the very first time I used the food processor to shred carrots. The blue knob and the steel disk were separated. I fixed that and the same thing happened again. I can provide the pictures if necessary. I am happy with the other attachments but I didn't expect that Philip's product would break in first use.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
We sad to see you've had a bit of a false start with the food processor, Priya. But thanks for letting us know! To see how we can assist you best with this, we recommend getting in touch with our consumer care colleagues on 1300 363 391 (AU), or 0800 658 224 (NZ). If you located somewhere else, you can find our local colleagues via https://www.philips.com/c-cs/support-country-selector.html. We hope they'll sort this out for you quickly, let us know how it goes. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Great buy !!

I bought this as it fit the budget I had. Reviews were mixed and I really wasn't sure. I was worried about getting something that would break & be useless. I wanted something to cut all sorts of veg so I could have quick access throughout the week for ready cut ingredients. It is easy to use, fast, does what I bought it for and I can make quick salads, vegies, stir-fries and not have to do all the preparation every night. The instructions are more like a joke. Printed in many languages but giving no help. I took a photo of the pictures on the box and they have been far more use.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Hi Vito, We glad to read that you are generally satisfied with the product and we'd like to thank you for sharing your review. Can we help you with the instructions that you were after? Perhaps we can clear things up for you. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Does the job

Good product. Worth the price. Was looking for cheap but multi purpose processor. Does all the basic jobs. The negative about this product is the same blade used for blender and grinder. Which means change blade again and again which can make its rubber go loose. Quality of the plastic is average.

Date PurchasedNov 2017

I know why I didn't buy it earlier

I'm really happy with this food processor, I use the blender almost everyday to make smoothies and it's fast and perfect. It's dishwasher safe so no difficulty in cleaning at all, food processor is also good, even if I don't use it too much. Main blade is so sharp so be careful with that.

Date PurchasedJun 2017
Hi Armando, great to hear you are so pleased with the food processor. Thanks a lot for writing down your experiences. Happy blending! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

So much better than the $600 Magimix!

This was $159, works brilliantly, easy to take apart and clean, dishwasher-proof. comes with a separate blender attachment and the usual grating/slicing discs. It has a plastic disc which whips cream in seconds - haven't tried egg whites yet. Only potential worry is that the plastic looks a bit breakable, but I haven't dropped it yet! The instructions were on one big sheet - a booklet would have been better.

Hi Carlotta, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're more than happy to hear that you like your Kitchen Machine so much. That's awesome! Furthermore, we'd like to thank you for sharing your thoughts on the instructions. Please know that we forwarded it to the concerning product team. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Best multi food Processor

This has been a very good item to have in the kitchen as it sits on the bench without taking up much bench space. Great for grating cheese & carrot. Slicing sweet potatoes, potatoes, carrots , zucchinis, pumpkin, cucumbers, capsicum etc. Plus having a blender, grinder & a few discs for slicing, grating etc. Well worth purchasing this item. Plus parts are Dishwasher Safe on top shelf which is a bonus.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Sam, Thanks for sharing your glowing review of our HR7762/90. We're very glad to see you find it versatile and easy to maintain and use. That is really all we can wish for. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good one for the price

It does it work, the capacity fits my requirement, it`s very easy and quick to get vegetables sliced or graded with Philips Viva Collection Food Processor. It seems to be quite powerful - doesn`t struggle while working. A bit noisy but not too much. Very easy to clean and assemble. Love the machine overall. Would recommend.

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Thank you for your kind words, Svetlana. We appreciate you took the time to write a review on our food processor. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

easy to use, good value of money

easy to use, good value of money. versatile and good for daily use.
but need clean probably and air well, otherwise will left previous food smell especially dairy products, as it is plastic material not glass. price point is good value and can do many recipes and cooking make much easier.

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hey, We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review on the Philips food processor. We're happy to hear the food processor is working great for you. If you have any questions you can always reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

great

Great product. I bought it a few weeks back as we had some guests over and had to do a lot of cooking .... 0this food processor really mademy cooking so much easier and quicker ... it is so easy to clean as well ... i would highly recommend it.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Ketaki, We're glad to hear you're happy with it. :) Thanks for choosing one of our Philips devices and you know where to find us if you have any questions about it. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Excellent value for money, would definitely recommend purchasing

Excellent processing performance, great for making cheesecakes and slicing salad vegetables. Very versatile and able to be used for mixing, chopping, grating, making smoothies, whipping cream etc. All attachments fit in well and are able to be pulled on and off with ease. For the price of this food processor it is excellent value for money

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Thanks Taznmat for sharing some thoughts on our HR7762/90. It sounds like your cooking is as versatile as the device itself! We could definitely see that a cook like yourself benefits from the plethora of attachments. Happy cooking! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

a real life changer

this was given to me for Xmas as i always wanted and needed it and our family's meals are so good...i have picky eaters but now they eat everything e.g vegies hidden and slowly we are showing them what they are really eating.I never thought that this would change how we do meals etc...i fully reccommend it to everyone

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hello Karen, thanks for sharing your experience with us and it makes us very happy to hear that one of our products has contributed to making life a little bit easier! :) Kind regards, the Philips Australia Team

Must have kitchen item

such a great product, easy to use, handy in the kitchen, works very well. My teenage kids love to make smoothies, they enjoy experimenting with various ingredients and they also love how easy the appliance is to use. I suggested the product to a friend for making baby food. The only issue I had was fitting it in a cupboard as I have limited space

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Lee, thank you for taking the time to review the HR7762/90 Food Processor. It's great to hear you and your kids are so keen on the appliance and its ease of use. Experimenting with all kinds of ingredients indeed sounds like a lot of fun. :) Thanks again for sharing your experience with us, Lee. We wish you and your kids a great week. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Handy machine to use for fast food preparation and smoothies

I find the Philips Viva Food Processor a great help when I make my smoothies and salads. It saves me time and does the job well. For the money I paid, it was well worth it since it is much cheaper than the other high end models in the market.

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi Pauline, We like hearing our customers being happy with our products. Seems like the two of you are a great match! :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Good value for money

I couldn't believe the prices for food processors when I first started looking. This on does everything you need it to do and more without breaking the bank! Have not had any issues, holds a reasonable volume of food and has lots and lots of different attachments to suit any need.

Date PurchasedJun 2015
Hi Janeo, We're honored by your review. :) Thanks for sharing and we hope it will work perfectly for the years to come. Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Good value for the versatility and small storage capacity

Good value for the versatility and small storage capacity. While I have mostly been using it to grind coffee and make smoothies I like to have the other options available to me if I decide to bake the occasional cake or for slicing. I can't comment on alot of the other functions as I have not utilised them.
I love that it is so compact as I have a tiny kitchen, though would be great if the blades etc came in a more compact storable container, so I could safely stack the rarely used ones in the back of a cupboard. Would also like to see a glass jug as opposed to plastic.

My main gripe would be the interchangeable blade at the bottom - if you are not careful in making sure it is very secure it can leak liquid out the bottom. I once unlocked the blender from the base, while doing this it loosened the blade attachment and the liquid leaked out everywhere. It generally does a good job blending most items, although when using the smaller grinder option you have to make sure there is enough in there or it causes the food to stick to the sides and just blend thin air. You then have to either give it a shake - or given the blade attachment is at the bottom - unscrew the whole thing, remove the attachment - give it a stir and re-attach, sometimes on repeat. So this can be a bit tiresome. Overall though I am happy so far with the performance, especially given the price point and versatility.

Date PurchasedJun 2016
Hey Ash, Thank you for taking the time to leave such constructive feedback. We're very happy to hear that you found good use to your blender. Do you have a favourite smoothie? We're always looking for inspiring new recipes. :) If you have any questions about your blender you can always reach out to us at 1300 363 391 if you're located in Australia and 0800 658 224 if you're located in New Zealand. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Good Product - fragile / below average quality parts

For the money you pay - it is a good overall package. Unfortunately, I must agree with few low scores/review as I too fount the the parts are very fragile and doesn't have much life. I have already had the grinder jar replaced last year. Now I have cracked and leaking blender jar. Even worse the Blade unit started leaking and it dripped liquid into my motor, it now has burning smell coming from motor and it has tripped my electricity few times. Now I am scared to use it as I don't wan't electrocution. I only realised after last few uses that the blade itself has started leaking liquid into my motor.

Date PurchasedAug 2015
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to review your Viva Collection Food Processor. We appreciate your feedback regarding this product, and we can imagine your concerns regarding the liquid leaking into the motor. We would like to forward you to our product specialists for help, and will send you a private message in a moment to gather some personal details in order to do so. Alternatively, you can contact our product specialists directly on 1300 363 391 if you are in Australia. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamIt's a shame I can't edit my rating. I would have taken a star off for poor service. I had exactly same experience as Florencia below. The consumer care team has wasted 16 day and I don't have any resolution yet. They advised me that the issue has been escalated to better assist me. I have sent them pictures of damage, videos, receipts, photos of serial number and whatever else they had asked me on the very same day. After 4-5 email and 4 phone calls, I was told to take the product back to service centre for assessment. The irony is that the service station is only open from 9:00am to 4:30pm M-F. So they want me to take a part day off from work to get that doggy machine back to service station for them to see the damage that the video did not show. Or the other option was that they would arrange pick up (same hours though). I mean seriously? Everyone reading this would at least agree that food processor is the second most important kitchen appliance after cooktop. I still say for the money they are charging, its fair to say the product is 4 start, but if you take the customer service into account (with you will surely need as product is very fragile), a star or two needs to be removed. I am still following up on my case. I'll keep you'all posted. Thanks to everyone who have PM'ed me, hope i was able to help.Hmm that's not what we like to see AJ. We've just sent you a private to look into this further. Hope to hear from you! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

so far am happy with the level of efficiency

With a baby in one hand the functions really help my other hand with food prep when making a meal. The grinder function is great for blending meat into a baby food. The size is not overwhelming for my small kitchen but is big enough to help me make a meal for 3 adults. If I could perfect anything it would be to make the container sections glass, have the small grating and slicing discs that attache to one big plastic disc change to several big discs and have a safety switch on machine rather than having to turn main power of at power point. I did get it on sale and so far I am happy with the level of efficiency.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi Jacqui, Thank you very much for your review. We're very happy to hear that you think our unit is efficient and it seems like the HR7762/90 is a practical machine for you. Great! Thank you too for your feedback on how to improve the product, it is much appreciated. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Overall nearly 2 thumbs up

It slices, dices and shreds well. The coleslaw I made was so thin it was almost store quality. My only gripe and its a minor thing is that the bowl has been disengaging from the machine, which causes it to turn off. Its light weight and for the price could not be happier.

Date PurchasedJan 2017
Hi there Timmy, thank you for your review! 4 out of 5 stars is definitely not bad but if you ever feel like the issue with the bowl is getting out of hand, please know our team will be more than happy to see how they can help out. You can get in touch with them directly through 1300 363 391. All the best! Kind regards, the Philips Australia team.

Great value

This food processor performs well. Grates hard cheese slices leeks does biscuit crumbs. Very easy to use. Light weight makes it easy to move around the kitchen. Dishwasher proof. A good price for what you get. Would recommend to my friends. Even if it does not last long it is cheap enough to buy another

Date PurchasedDec 2016
Hi Lanny, Thank you for your enthusiastic review. We're so happy to hear that the unit works that well for you and we're hoping it will last a lifetime! Your kind words are much appreciated! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Viva Collection Food Processor reviews