Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL

Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL

SC2003, SC2001, SC2008, SC2002

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (3)
Toni A.

Toni A.Western Australia

It was a great device, until the battery died

Purchased in February 2014 at Shaver Shop for $800.00.

Bee

BeeSydney, NSW

MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT AND ITS NOT WORKING

Its an absolute joke as soon as I turned it on all the lights kept flashing and it wouldnt give me the option to choose which setting. I let it charge for an hour an still doesnt work Im so disappointed I feel like crying I asked my sister to buy me this for my birthday and its such a waste its not working. I dont know why you would sell a fault product.

Purchased in October 2019 for $900.00.

FutileSydney Surrounds, NSW

Battery not charging

Purchased at Shaver Shop Physical store.

Not worth the investment

Phillips would have to be the most infuriating company to deal with. I have sent countless emails to them, all have been ignored. Their product was excellent for about a year but the battery died and cannot be charged. It was rarely used. Do not waste your money on this brand you'll be extremely disappointed.

Elena

Why would I bother. So I can be ignored again? Worst company I've dealt with. You ought to be embarrassed

Michelle Waugh

Michelle WaughGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wow! Terrible!

Like others I got this and had a kid so took a break. I used this twice. I am absolutely disgusted by this rip off product. Disgusted. No conscience by this company whatsoever.

Snooopie

SnooopieAdelaide, South Australia

Piece of

VivL

VivLMelbourne

It stopped charging long time ago was going to throw it out..

Axelcar

AxelcarAdelaide

Waste of money

Worked fine for 18 months. Only used about 10 times then completely died. Definitely not worth the $800 that my children forked out for it for a Xmas gift Sorry Phillips but definitely won't be buying one of those products from you ever again. Extremely disappointing

Sarah246

Sarah246Perth

Managed to remove most unwanted hair permanently

I've had mine for about 5 years, it only just ran out of flashes as I was told that it only had some 50000 flashes, which was probably about what I got. I could probably have done with another year for those random hairs that pop up but I can shave them easily. The machine continues to charge though and I probably went many months without using it or charging it. I was very happy with it.

RJayzSydney

Has not stood the test of time...

We bought our Lumea a couple years ago and it worked ok for a while, was fine actually. We used it only once every month or two. But then it wasn't used for a good six months and last month I pulled it out to use before going on holidays and it wouldn't charge, the light on the charger wouldn't come...i'm not sure what the problem is, but reading other peoples experiences, it seems to have poor batteries which simply die, that or the charger died.
Regardless i'm annoyed this thing wasn't cheap at all. Perhaps it will be covered under Consumer Warranty Law as two years of occasional service is insufficient durability for the price!

RJayz

Well it was nice your team reached out to me, I was offered help by an individual from your customer service, and I replied by sending in some pictures etc, but now I've had no reply back from Phillips...?

battery time

I bought my philips lumea almost a couple years ago I've seen significant results after the first year of use but the hair grew back when i stopped using it for 2 months ....now for the last 4 months whenever i put it to charge it only charges for 2min and stops and I can only get 5 flashes out of it . dont know if it is a battery problem or not ?
I have no idea how to fix it I am not willing to buy another one if it will just brake again !! I was hoping to get a long lasting device with long lasting results specially for a price that high !!

MahaWellington

I managed to fix the no charging issue.

2 days old and its dead!

I bought my lumea on saturday. Managed to do 1.5 legs. Tried to charge it earlier and it tripped all the electrics in my home. It wont turn on at all. Will be returning to the store tomorrow. Not sure I want another one either if its causing power surges.

Philips S.Philips

Best thing i have ever purchsed

I used to have hairy legs and would need to shave all the time. I would shave ine night snd the nect day i would get lots of thick stubble growth. Gross, not very girly! I would have to think and prepare alot before wearing gym leggings or a dress abd so quite often ended up -covering up. After use of this, i now shave once every 3-6months and can throw anytning on. It had been a big chsnger fir me. I have some areas with no hair growth and other with some thin hair which uou can barely see. It worked on other areas than ny kegs to abd so getting ready fir beach hol is great! Whoever invented this is amazing and it really has made a difference in my life. So, thanks!

Philips S.Philips

The device stopped working after first use, plz help

It turns on , and the lights at the back keeps flashing,
Nothing works, i cannot select the strength.
Please help me

I cant say more because I didn't use for long, this happened after the first use

Does not stay on - only 6 weeks old

Bought a lumea for my wife about 6 weeks ago. Worked fine and charged every week for the 6 weeks as it was used every week.
great results for the 6 weeks.

Put it on the charger today for about 5 hours went to use it tonight and it won't stay on for more than one zap.

Very poor. Will be returning it tomorrow morning.

Never again after reading the other reviews on this site.

Why don't Philips just make it a wired device if they can't get the battery right.

Philips S.Philips

Works beautifully although the battery deficiency is incredibly disappointing.

I have had the Lumea for about a year and a half and it worked perfectly. I was very happy with the product. It eliminates dark hairs within a few treatments as promised. I hadn't charged it for around a month and plugged it in this morning. To my horror and extreme disappointment it wasn't charging. The battery had died. I had no idea this was a common problem until reading the many reviews stating the same issue. It's incredible this problem has not been resolved with the newer versions and even more incredible the product can be sold considering it isn't an inexpensive item and has a manufacturers fault.

Rochelle

RochelleSouth Bunbury

Battery died then came good!

DebMaleny

So disappointed........

Great machine, worked brilliantly but the same issue as everyone else - battery would not charge. Breville (Customer "care", Australian distributor of the machine) could not have been less helpful "We'll be sure to pass your thoughts onto Phillips". Worked out it cost about $170 per use.

Try mvsdebbie@gmail.com
My apologies, just saw the reply.

Battery is terrible

The goods news is that it works for hair removal although even with very fair skin and dark hair it can take a while.
However after buying the machine and with regular use the battery stopped working out if the blue. I took it into the Shaved shop with full receipts and they swapped it over as it was less than 12 months old. But this second machine now has the same problem. Whilst it's 2 years old I did expect that for the cost it would last a while. The Shaver Shop told me not to bother contacting anyone as it had already been swapped once before - disappointing now that I see so many people with similar issues.

Nicole b
Nicole b
Philips S.Philips

Hi again, thanks for the update. We like to have another look at this. We just sent you a private message to gather some more information. We're looking forward to your reply.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Shirley M.asked

Hi. When i plugged my philips lumia to charge, I get a flashing green light. Does this mean it is not charging???

Hi Shirley!
Thanks for reaching out with this question. The charging light flashes green to indicate that the appliance is charging. When the batteries are fully charged, the charging light lights up green continuously. Attached is the user manual for this: https://philipsproductcontent.blob.core.windows.net/assets/20200211/76662457699c49989fddab5e0103aceb.pdf

Feel free to contact 1300 363 391 in Australia (Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand (Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm)

Iqra I.

Iqra I.asked

my machine has fallen on the floor 2 weeks ago .. afterthat i used that machine fan spund was dull but now when i used my philips lumea hair removal machine fan is not working but flash is working ... i dnt know what happened to the machine ..kindly help?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Iqra, thank you for reaching out. Sorry to hear that the fan on your Lumea is not working. Please feel free to reach out to our product team directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help.

Kind Regards

Steppie

Steppieasked

Lumea Precision Plus SC2001

I haven’t used my SC2001 for about 8 months, I’ve tried charging it but it won’t switch on, nothing! Help?

Hello Steppie,

Thanks for reaching out, We're sorry to hear that your Lumea has stopped working. While it is possible to keep a Lumea idle for long periods of time, we do recommend charging the device every 3 to 4 months to ensure that it operates optimally. In order to check what can be done for you further, we recommend reaching out to our customer support. You can reach them directlt at 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand).

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives