Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL

Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL

SC2003, SC2001, SC2008, etc...

IPL Machines Buying Guide

If you love that silky-smooth skin feeling from the comfort of home, IPL is a long-term solution that can save you salon trips. Our buying guide can help you decide if IPL is right for you.

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (5)

Useful tip if lights flashing & Phillips Lumea Prestige will not charge

After having the product just over a year it stopped charging, all 5 lights flashing! I had used it regularly but had a gap of around 2mths, I was going to contact Phillips when I spotted a YouTube video - if you press & hold the flash button & press the on switch, it resets it. I tried it & the fan came on & it worked again. Love the product & would be lost without it - give it a go, hope you get lucky

DixonSydney, NSW

Disappointment

I used this product 4-5 times and I was already starting to see result. I recommended it to a few of my friends. Then I had to stop using it for a while. Yesterday I decided to start using it again, but unfortunately it wasn’t working. I jumped online and found out that it is a common issue that the battery just dies if you don’t charge it monthly. I was very disappointed as I looking forward to using it again and I obviously feel ripped off as it is such an expensive product. I thought Philips was a reputable company with a range of quality products but using such a low quality battery is just unacceptable. I wish I read the reviews before investing in this product.

Purchased for $750.00.

Dixon

I have tried to charge it over night and it did nothing. What a waste of money. You should advertise on the user’s manual with big fonts that it needs to be recharged every month! And you should definitely use a better quality battery, what a joke.

Fara

FaraSydney, NSW

This product was good

My husband bought this product as gift couple years ago and it works perfectly until last year, the battery had been dead and could not use it any more but it was a good product, good quality.

Purchased at Shaver Shop for $750.00.

Toni A.

Toni A.Western Australia

It was a great device, until the battery died

Purchased in February 2014 at Shaver Shop for $800.00.

FutileSydney Surrounds, NSW

Battery not charging

Purchased at Shaver Shop Physical store.

Not worth the investment

Phillips would have to be the most infuriating company to deal with. I have sent countless emails to them, all have been ignored. Their product was excellent for about a year but the battery died and cannot be charged. It was rarely used. Do not waste your money on this brand you'll be extremely disappointed.

Elena

Why would I bother. So I can be ignored again? Worst company I've dealt with. You ought to be embarrassed

Michelle Waugh

Michelle WaughGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wow! Terrible!

Like others I got this and had a kid so took a break. I used this twice. I am absolutely disgusted by this rip off product. Disgusted. No conscience by this company whatsoever.

Snooopie

SnooopieAdelaide, South Australia

Piece of

VivL

VivLMelbourne

It stopped charging long time ago was going to throw it out..

Axelcar

AxelcarAdelaide

Waste of money

Worked fine for 18 months. Only used about 10 times then completely died. Definitely not worth the $800 that my children forked out for it for a Xmas gift Sorry Phillips but definitely won't be buying one of those products from you ever again. Extremely disappointing

Sarah246

Sarah246Perth

Managed to remove most unwanted hair permanently

I've had mine for about 5 years, it only just ran out of flashes as I was told that it only had some 50000 flashes, which was probably about what I got. I could probably have done with another year for those random hairs that pop up but I can shave them easily. The machine continues to charge though and I probably went many months without using it or charging it. I was very happy with it.

RJayzSydney

Has not stood the test of time...

We bought our Lumea a couple years ago and it worked ok for a while, was fine actually. We used it only once every month or two. But then it wasn't used for a good six months and last month I pulled it out to use before going on holidays and it wouldn't charge, the light on the charger wouldn't come...i'm not sure what the problem is, but reading other peoples experiences, it seems to have poor batteries which simply die, that or the charger died.
Regardless i'm annoyed this thing wasn't cheap at all. Perhaps it will be covered under Consumer Warranty Law as two years of occasional service is insufficient durability for the price!

RJayz

Well it was nice your team reached out to me, I was offered help by an individual from your customer service, and I replied by sending in some pictures etc, but now I've had no reply back from Phillips...?

battery time

I bought my philips lumea almost a couple years ago I've seen significant results after the first year of use but the hair grew back when i stopped using it for 2 months ....now for the last 4 months whenever i put it to charge it only charges for 2min and stops and I can only get 5 flashes out of it . dont know if it is a battery problem or not ?
I have no idea how to fix it I am not willing to buy another one if it will just brake again !! I was hoping to get a long lasting device with long lasting results specially for a price that high !!

MahaWellington

I managed to fix the no charging issue.

2 days old and its dead!

I bought my lumea on saturday. Managed to do 1.5 legs. Tried to charge it earlier and it tripped all the electrics in my home. It wont turn on at all. Will be returning to the store tomorrow. Not sure I want another one either if its causing power surges.

Find out how Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL compares to other IPL Machines

Best thing i have ever purchsed

I used to have hairy legs and would need to shave all the time. I would shave ine night snd the nect day i would get lots of thick stubble growth. Gross, not very girly! I would have to think and prepare alot before wearing gym leggings or a dress abd so quite often ended up -covering up. After use of this, i now shave once every 3-6months and can throw anytning on. It had been a big chsnger fir me. I have some areas with no hair growth and other with some thin hair which uou can barely see. It worked on other areas than ny kegs to abd so getting ready fir beach hol is great! Whoever invented this is amazing and it really has made a difference in my life. So, thanks!

Philips S.Philips

The device stopped working after first use, plz help

It turns on , and the lights at the back keeps flashing,
Nothing works, i cannot select the strength.
Please help me

I cant say more because I didn't use for long, this happened after the first use

Does not stay on - only 6 weeks old

Bought a lumea for my wife about 6 weeks ago. Worked fine and charged every week for the 6 weeks as it was used every week.
great results for the 6 weeks.

Put it on the charger today for about 5 hours went to use it tonight and it won't stay on for more than one zap.

Very poor. Will be returning it tomorrow morning.

Never again after reading the other reviews on this site.

Why don't Philips just make it a wired device if they can't get the battery right.

Philips S.Philips

Works beautifully although the battery deficiency is incredibly disappointing.

I have had the Lumea for about a year and a half and it worked perfectly. I was very happy with the product. It eliminates dark hairs within a few treatments as promised. I hadn't charged it for around a month and plugged it in this morning. To my horror and extreme disappointment it wasn't charging. The battery had died. I had no idea this was a common problem until reading the many reviews stating the same issue. It's incredible this problem has not been resolved with the newer versions and even more incredible the product can be sold considering it isn't an inexpensive item and has a manufacturers fault.

Rochelle

RochelleSouth Bunbury

Battery died then came good!