Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL

SC2003, SC2001, SC2008, etc...
Listing monitored by Philips

• Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (5)

Useful tip if lights flashing & Phillips Lumea Prestige will not charge

After having the product just over a year it stopped charging, all 5 lights flashing! I had used it regularly but had a gap of around 2mths, I was going to contact Phillips when I spotted a YouTube video - if you press & hold the flash button & press the on switch, it resets it. I tried it & the fan came on & it worked again. Love the product & would be lost without it - give it a go, hope you get lucky

DixonSydney, NSW

Disappointment

I used this product 4-5 times and I was already starting to see result. I recommended it to a few of my friends. Then I had to stop using it for a while. Yesterday I decided to start using it again, but unfortunately it wasn’t working. I jumped online and found out that it is a common issue that the battery just dies if you don’t charge it monthly. I was very disappointed as I looking forward to using it again and I obviously feel ripped off as it is such an expensive product. I thought Philips was a reputable company with a range of quality products but using such a low quality battery is just unacceptable. I wish I read the reviews before investing in this product.

Purchased for $750.00.

Dixon

I have tried to charge it over night and it did nothing. What a waste of money. You should advertise on the user’s manual with big fonts that it needs to be recharged every month! And you should definitely use a better quality battery, what a joke.

Fara
FaraSydney, NSW

This product was good

My husband bought this product as gift couple years ago and it works perfectly until last year, the battery had been dead and could not use it any more but it was a good product, good quality.

Purchased at Shaver Shop for $750.00.

Toni A.
Toni A.Western Australia

It was a great device, until the battery died

Purchased in February 2014 at Shaver Shop for $800.00.

FutileSydney Surrounds, NSW

Battery not charging

Purchased at Shaver Shop Physical store.

Not worth the investment

Phillips would have to be the most infuriating company to deal with. I have sent countless emails to them, all have been ignored. Their product was excellent for about a year but the battery died and cannot be charged. It was rarely used. Do not waste your money on this brand you'll be extremely disappointed.

Elena

Why would I bother. So I can be ignored again? Worst company I've dealt with. You ought to be embarrassed

Michelle Waugh
Michelle WaughGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wow! Terrible!

Like others I got this and had a kid so took a break. I used this twice. I am absolutely disgusted by this rip off product. Disgusted. No conscience by this company whatsoever.

Snooopie
SnooopieAdelaide, South Australia

Piece of

VivL
VivLMelbourne

It stopped charging long time ago was going to throw it out..

Axelcar
AxelcarAdelaide

Waste of money

Worked fine for 18 months. Only used about 10 times then completely died. Definitely not worth the $800 that my children forked out for it for a Xmas gift Sorry Phillips but definitely won't be buying one of those products from you ever again. Extremely disappointing

Sarah246
Sarah246Perth

Managed to remove most unwanted hair permanently

I've had mine for about 5 years, it only just ran out of flashes as I was told that it only had some 50000 flashes, which was probably about what I got. I could probably have done with another year for those random hairs that pop up but I can shave them easily. The machine continues to charge though and I probably went many months without using it or charging it. I was very happy with it.

RJayzSydney

Has not stood the test of time...

We bought our Lumea a couple years ago and it worked ok for a while, was fine actually. We used it only once every month or two. But then it wasn't used for a good six months and last month I pulled it out to use before going on holidays and it wouldn't charge, the light on the charger wouldn't come...i'm not sure what the problem is, but reading other peoples experiences, it seems to have poor batteries which simply die, that or the charger died.
Regardless i'm annoyed this thing wasn't cheap at all. Perhaps it will be covered under Consumer Warranty Law as two years of occasional service is insufficient durability for the price!

RJayz

Well it was nice your team reached out to me, I was offered help by an individual from your customer service, and I replied by sending in some pictures etc, but now I've had no reply back from Phillips...?

battery time

I bought my philips lumea almost a couple years ago I've seen significant results after the first year of use but the hair grew back when i stopped using it for 2 months ....now for the last 4 months whenever i put it to charge it only charges for 2min and stops and I can only get 5 flashes out of it . dont know if it is a battery problem or not ?
I have no idea how to fix it I am not willing to buy another one if it will just brake again !! I was hoping to get a long lasting device with long lasting results specially for a price that high !!

MahaWellington

I managed to fix the no charging issue.

2 days old and its dead!

I bought my lumea on saturday. Managed to do 1.5 legs. Tried to charge it earlier and it tripped all the electrics in my home. It wont turn on at all. Will be returning to the store tomorrow. Not sure I want another one either if its causing power surges.

Read more reviews - page 2

Sam G.
Sam G.asked
Lumea Precision Plus IPL

I bought my limia advance just over a year ago but only used it once as the attachments were missing. With lockdown happening and being extremely vulnerable I forgot to contact you. Anyway my questions are this....
1, How can I get replacement heads?
2, When I switch the limit on, all the numbers light up and flash and I can’t use it at all! TIA

Philips S.Philips

Hiya, Sam. Thanks for reaching out here. We'd like to kindly recommend you to reach out to us directly so we can determine what model you have exactly, what attachments you need and of course why your Lumea is not flashing. Feel free to reach out to us on Facebook and/or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) for further assistance. Alternatively, you can contact our support team by phone on. If you're in New Zealand you can call us on 0800 658 224 Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or WhatsApp us on +61 435328251 (add number in your WhatsApp contacts) from Monday to Saturday: 09:00am – 09:00pm (chat only). If you're in Australia: 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST and WhatsApp is +61 435328251 Monday to Saturday: 07:00am – 07:00pm EST.
We look forward to further assisting you.
Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Luigi L.
Luigi L.asked

HI Team
I bought a philips lumea prestidge when I turn on the device with the attachment in the fan goes off without having used the device at all. Is this an issue with the device? please let me know

Sougat D.
Sougat D.asked
Lumea Precision Plus IPL

The ready to flashlight blinks orange and all 5 intensity lights blink as well. I tried restarting many times but the same thing repeats again. Any help?

See all Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare all 5 Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL
CategoryIPL MachinesIPL MachinesIPL MachinesIPL Machines
Price (RRP)899.95899.95899.95899.95
Replaced byPhilips Lumea Advanced IPLPhilips Lumea Advanced IPLPhilips Lumea Advanced IPLPhilips Lumea Advanced IPL
Compare all 5 Philips Lumea Precision Plus IPL