Philips PerfectCare Compact Essential GC6804/20

• Product is used
  • Safety

pd56AU

Another Leaker !

First one lasted a month before it started leaking. Harvey Norman exchanged it without any hesitation. This second one has lasted less than two weeks! Same problem-leaking from the main body just above the power light. Surely I'm not the only one suffering these problems?

Purchased in April 2020 at Harvey Norman for $169.00.

pd56

I returned it to Harvey Norman. As we iron daily it's an essential item to us. Harvey Norman looked after us with knocking a few dollars off another model.

ggg gg

ggg ggMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Not something I would recommend

I didn't think the glide was very smooth. I ironed black pants with this a lot and I found that optimaltemp was always just off, especially for my black chinos and my wool coat it always left sheens

Product is usedWeekly
Clothing MaterialCotton and Wool
Coffee addict

Coffee addictWheatbelt, WA

Great iron, easy to use and saves time.

Purchased in June 2019 at Harvey Norman for $157.00.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Compact Essential GC6804/20 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Shaun K

Shaun KPerth, WA

No more damaged ironing!

Couldn’t be happier, no scorched and burnt clothes. Eases out wrinkles. Great for delicate fabrics and woolly clothes. Easy to use, large water tank capacity, self cleaning and stores away neatly.

Purchased in January 2019 at Harvey Norman.

Anna

AnnaFar North Queensland, QLD

Light and easy to use

This iron is very light. It works well to any type of fabric Ive ironed. The steam needs a bit of practice to get the perfect timing. I havent had any fabric burn so Im pretty satisfied. The steam iron when in use is a bit loud. The calc clean option is very useful. Ive been using this iron for 6 months now and I only cleaned it once using calc clean option. The only downside is there's no locking mechanism to hold the iron when not in use. But for its price, this iron is worth it.

Purchased in February 2019 at Big W.

Archimedean

ArchimedeanGippsland, VIC

Poor Performance

I bought this product from BigW on July 28, 2019 and returned it on July 29, 2019.
First the Pros: well designed, easy to use, light weight
Now the cons: only one con actually, it’s pretty useless as an iron. I found that it did not iron well, the clothes were left looking as though they had not been ironed. I think the problem lies with their OptimaTEMP technology, to me the iron did not appear to get hot enough to iron properly. I tried using more steam but that only left the clothes damp particularly as the steam boost would continue after the button had been released and was not so much steam but water.

Yet apparently the product was not faulty.

Purchased in July 2019 for $199.00.

cheechmanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great product. Look forward to ironing ...!!! (sort of!!)

Purchased in June 2019 at Myers for $169.00.

cheechman

Thanks for noticing.... I've always respected the quality of your brand based on my experience across many different product types. Under rated in the market place as I see it.

Bec

Bec

Perfect, able to even steam the curtains

This product works great with all different types of fabrics. It has only done great with clothes, sheets and curtains and particularly with delicate. I was worried at first bit now I have used it, i wouldn't go back to using my old one. So happy with this product and would recommend

Date PurchasedSept 2018

Heather  Foster

Heather Fosterasked

Hi! I would like to know if this iron is good for patchwork? I am after a small, portable iron.

Philips S.Philips

Hey there Heather, thanks for your question. You shouldn't have any issues using the steam iron on any ironable fabric, patchwork included. We hope this helps, but should you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to our product team. They can be reached at 1300 363 391 (Australia, Mondays to Saturdays 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) Mondays to Saturdays: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm. We hope this helps.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators