Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642

• Product is used
  • Safety

PoliSydney, NSW

Good at first !!!

Purchased at The Good Guys.

MarkSydney, NSW

Comparison to Laura Star

Purchased in February 2020 at Bing Lee Physical store for $540.00.

Jodi
JodiNortheast, VIC

PerfectCare perfect finish

This iron is amazing! It heats up in just a couple of minutes and allows you to shoot continuous steam to get through your ironing faster. Initially I did get a smell when I left it on the ironing board but I think it was new iron smell. Now I leave it an the board and there are no signs of scorching. It can be used on anything safe to iron without any temperature changes between fabric types. It’s very gentle and I haven’t had any signs of scorching or damage to any fabric types. Fantastic for fiddly items like baby sized dress shirts, and pressing seams when sewing pieced quilts.

My only grievance is that the water reservoir is difficult to clean if it grows algae. I’d love to be able to open it up to give it a thorough clean.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

May Smith
May SmithSydney

So So disapointed

I purchased a new one over the weekend. I had previously purchased a Philips steam iron similar to this style about 9 years or so ago. Obviously over the years its been on the decline and recently I dropped it and a few things broke. So it was time for a new one. I was so excited for the new one but only to find that my old iron still works A LOT better, it is equivalent to any normal iron minus the price tag. I will be returning it for a full refund this weekend. I've lost my trust in Philips iron. I will be looking for another brand to replace my old one.

Purchased in July 2019 at Costco NSW, Marsden Park for $399.00.

julie l.
julie l.

I love my iron

I love how I don’t have to adjust the temperature on the iron, it’s so easy to clean and the tank is easy to fill. The iron head its self is light so I could iron all day if I didn’t hate ironing, but this iron makes my life easier.

Purchased in April 2017 at Costco SA, Adelaide for $399.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, thank for sharing your review with us. It's lovely to hear that the iron has been such a great help to you. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it for a long time!

The Philips Australia Team

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021
MrsC
MrsCPerth, WA

Iron Broke - 6 Weeks In For Repair and Still Waiting

Irons well, however it just stopped producing steam, which is very disappointing considering the price of the iron. I took it in for repair as it is under warranty and told it would take 2 to 2.5 weeks to repair. It is now 6 weeks and Phillips repairs are still waiting on a part. At no point have I been contacted to be advised of the delay. Each time I have queried when it will be ready I have been told another 1 to 1.5 weeks. Poor customer service.

Purchased in June 2018 at Harvey Norman for $450.00.

Rachel
RachelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good results, and easy to use.

You can iron anything without adjusting a single thing (has to be . It's an attractive machine with cord storage, delivers excellent results, no fuss required. You can iron silk in one second and bed sheet in next second, and don't have to worry about burning the material. Very much an idiot-proof design.
I can iron at least 3 times faster than using the traditional steam iron. It's a very good investment for people who is time poor and have nice garments that they don't want to destroy.
Highly recommend this to everyone.

Purchased in December 2018.

Laurie - Wakerley
Laurie - Wakerley

No more scorching, so good

It’s pretty pricey at $431 but oh so good. A standard iron is always scorching clothes or spitting dirty marks on them. This does none of that, just turn it on and the steam does jeans or synthetic shirts with ease. I can’t remember how many shirts i’ve wrecked with my crappy standard iron so this iron actually pays for itself in saved clothes. If you’ve got a cotton shirt that’s extra creased just hit the boost setting and take em out. It has auto cutoff so you’ll never have to worry that you, or your kids, forgot to turn it off.

Date PurchasedApr 2018
Lori
LoriHARRINGTON PARK

Excellent value steam generator

After my old LauraStar bit the dust I bought the Philips steam generator iron as a replacement because it was about 1/4 the price of the new LauraStar and online reviews were very positive. It's less powerful but lighter in weight so very easy to use. I like that i can see the water in the reservoir. Lots of plastic so not sure about durability, but it seems well crafted.

Date PurchasedMar 2018
Philips S.Philips

Hi Lori, thanks so much for sharing your experiences with the PerfectCare. We're delighted to hear you are happy with its performance. :-)

rebicloud
rebicloudSydney

Perfect for me and very lightweight

I purchased my iron steam station on special and also with 100 dollars cashback from Philips which turned out to be a good buy. I iron a lot of shirts for a family of 4 and needed something that I can rely on and I wanted to move much faster than a traditional iron. This iron glides through fabrics and ironing is a breeze. I am considering purchasing a board as my next step. The water tank capacity is great and also last through a good pile of clothes and does not need constant refilling. The iron itself is also very lightweight and I do not get tired ironing. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good quality ironing station.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Steph
Steph

Take 2

I purchased a Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence iron in October 2017 and within 1 week it showed fault during the descaling process. I returned it to the place of purchase (which immediately replaced it with another one) and the second iron (hence the Take 2 ) has worked perfectly for me ever since. It is used daily for between 1 to 4 hours as I have a local ironing business. I'm very happy with the iron, it is light, effective and can be used a steamer of garments as well. I would highly recommend purchasing the Philips steam iron ironing board as well as the steam produced must have the ability to escape the board or else you'll end up a soggy mess.

Date PurchasedOct 2017

sukobiSouth East Queensland, QLD

No complaints so far

Date PurchasedDec 2017
Nick RSydney

Less than a year old, and stopped working!

Date PurchasedDec 2015
MegMelbourne

Disappointing

Date PurchasedDec 2013
Philips S.Philips

We see your point, Meg. Do you mind sharing your contact details with us through a private message here on Product Review? We'll have the right team reach out to you. Looking forward to your message.

Kind regards,
the Philips Australia team.

Hanoasked

Water boiling

Huh j j

Bnnnn

Hanoasked

The water boiling inside what I can do to solve this problem

Hi there Hano,

Thank you reaching out to us. We think it should not be a problem, but to be sure we kindly advise you contact our product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm or 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues there will be happy and able to help you out!

shunil
shunilasked

I have the same problem. The steam generator does not deliver steam when the button is pressed. We regularly clean the descale and it has just stopped working. Tried to clean the descale and emptied the water and refilled. Worked for a day and stopped again.

Mark

Hi, Fortunately I have not experienced this problem have you tried the manufacturer's assistance line or similar? Apologies I cannot be of assistance.

Cheers,

Hello there,

Thank you for getting in touch. We're sorry to hear you've ran into some trouble with your PerfectCare Elite. For further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our product specialists at 1300 363 391 (Australia) or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand), so they can take a closer look at it for you.

See all Philips PerfectCare Elite Silence GC9642 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategoryIrons & Steam Generators