Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30

Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30

• MPN: GC8962/30
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Philips Domestic Appliances

Pros

Comfortable to use
No need to change settings
Water efficient

• Product is used
  • Safety

DonnaSydney, NSW

Very disappointing

I purchased this item only 4 months ago and it is now not working at all!! It is building up steam even though I have not turned it on and water is pouring out of the unit. A complete waste of money!

Purchased in at The Good Guys for $400.

Donna

That was all done, thank you.. the unit does not work at all and has been returned.

Issue with product

Bought this unit in Feb and been having no issues until 4 weeks ago. No steam is coming through even though there is audible noise associated with it before the issue.
Brought to authorised repairer, got told initially it will take 1-1.5 weeks and since then, no answer from the repair centre. Philips support team cannot provide any update. After 2 and a bit weeks, finally managed to get the repair centre to pick up the phone and reckon the de-scaling process wasn't followed and it might be covered under warranty. Not sure if the de-scaling process can be different when it was followed as per the manual.
Very disappointed.

• Incentivised Review No
Hasan MohammedSydney, NSW

Steam mechanism fault

I purchased this in Sep21 and after two months it had problems with stream not coming out of the soleplate. I can hear the steam building up in the Iron platform but it doesn't come out when you press the steam trigger. It feels like pressure building up inside the platform with all that steam that's building up. The platform gets too heated up and I have to turn the entire unit off.
I tried to Descaling the appliance but the problem still exit. I am thinking its a faulty unit and its scary to see all that steam that's building up underneath the platform.

Purchased in at Harvey Norman Online for $349.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Hasan, thanks for your reply. We're sorry to hear that our troubleshooting didn't apply to your unit, and we look forward to your phone call.

Sue
Sue

Flimsy structure and hasn't lasted long

This product when it worked was great, I bought it 7 months ago and now it has died on me, I found a crack on the base but had to try to prove I didn't drop it in order to get Philips to fix it. Since the crack the panel where the on/off switch is has become indented. When I turn it on now the on/off flashes and I constantly get "decalc" despite following the instruction on decalcifying in the booklet. A lot of money wasted and won't buy Philips again.

Purchased in at Myer for $499.

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Jessmay
JessmayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Making my ironing so simple

Im not one to iron my clothes purely because I never know what temp to have the dial at and because it seems like such an effort, to say I am in love with my PerfectCare expert plus steamer is an understatement.
it not only is so simple to use, i can iron everything without having to change the settings!

Purchased in at Cosco for $499.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Jess, thank you for sharing your positive experience here! Great to hear the Steam Generator is making ironing so much easier for you.

Nattyj
NattyjCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

absolutely genius

It works as a vertical steamer, and it is guaranteed not to burn any ironable material. There are no tricky settings to figure out or tiny water compartments that leak.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Natty, thank you for your positive review. We're happy to hear your experience with the Steam Generator has been positive and easy!

Kind Regards,

Samtodd
Samtodd

Fab investment!

I was gifted the new Philips steamer & I have really loved it! Ive been able to easily use it across a range of fabrics with no worries. I also really like that you can use it vertically - because I have a tiny apartment with no ironing board! I also find it very efficient, I havent had to replace the water yet & Ive had it for nearly a month! I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for an investment steamer that youll have for the long run.

Purchased in at Gifted.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Alana
AlanaPerth, WA

Amazing product

Ive loved using this product by Philips! Its effortless, easy and it works so well on my clothes! It heats up in seconds and is ready to use...so handy to have whether youre a family or a single person...works for all.

Purchased in at Social soup for $500.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Hi Alana, thank you for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear that you love using your Philips PerfectCare! :)

The perfect iron!

Ive been living without a proper iron in so long, that it was such a huge relief when I used it for the first time. it was easy, super light, and ironed out everything to beautifully without leaving any stains. love it

Liz A.
Liz A.South East Queensland, QLD

Life changer with ironing

Absolutely love the ease of the Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus Steam. Quick to warm up and activate. Love the size of the water tank; I can iron endlessly without worry about the water running low. Also love the option to steam horizontally or vertically.
My favourite feature is not worrying about the temperature control and just ironing my life away!

I am impressed!

I have been using the Philips garment care iron for a week now and I can't fault it.. I would recommend it to anyone who hates ironing because it makes it a lot more fun and quicker!

I love that i dont have to change settings when ironing various fabric textures. It heats up very fast when you turn it on and very light to carry... I really love it! Thank you Philips!

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

We appreciate that review, Zade. Thanks a lot! It's great to hear that you've been so impressed by this Steam Generator. :)

Very impressed. Never thought I'd say I love ironing

I didnt expect much from this product to be honest however it exceeded my expectations. So powerful, quick and easy to use. Very stylish even my husband commented on how well it compliments the house. Absolute lifesaver and perfect for someone like me who is always on the run and has a very busy lifestyle. Ironing takes seconds! Im no longer scared to damage my designer dresses thanks to no burns guarantee. Thank you Philips for such a great product my life is so much easier now

• Incentivised Review No
  • Product is used Weekly

Ophelie M
Ophelie MSydney, NSW

Perfect product, light, easy and quick

Im really satisfied with this product and I will definitely recommend people to buy it.
Its so easy to use, no settings needed, no burns guaranteed. And I love that you can use it vertically as its really light !
I usually dont take time to iron my clothes but with this steam generator iron it is so quick and easy that I can enjoy ironing my clothes.

ZakT
ZakT

Sophisticated looking machine

I was recently gifted the PerfectCare expert plus stream generated iron. I'm really impressed with the sophisticated look of the machine. It's extremely light and super easy to use. I always hate fidling with dials on traditional irons to suit my garment. So the fact that this machine doesn't have any dials is a huge bonus. The water tank is large enough to last a few loads so I don't need to constantly refill the water. My only critism is the time it takes to warm up initially.

Mollymk
MollymkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best.

I love that this iron works on everything and doesn't burn. I have done dresses to coats and each time I am happy with the results. It is definitely very easy to use and I highly recommend it.

lumalenyasked

I have recently purchased a new GC8962/40. I have been informed by Philips Consumer Care that the silicone seal at the base of its water-tank which I photographed and sent to them, is no longer available as a spare part and there is no substitute part for it. They offered a part which they claim is the spare part BUT is too large, an entirely different shape and does not fit this iron.
This suggests to me that this iron is now regarded as obsolete by Philips which all existing owners and potential purchasers should be aware of. They said they couldn't help any further with this part from my new iron.
Has anyone else had this experience with the current model iron?

T Rigney
T Rigney asked

I do quite a lot ironing but hate that in no time they tend to start leaking water or just simply show the electricity is on but doesn't heat up . I cant afford an expensive one so recommendations for irons priced from around $100.00 would very much be appreciated . many thanks in advance .

Margaret W.
Margaret W.asked

My Philips compact care steam station is not giving me the steam it was before. I have descaled each time required, it is still hot but when I press the button no shot of steam. It is about 18 months old I believe what can l do or should I just buy another brand.
Margaret Walker

See all Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips Domestic Appliances representatives

Details ·

Features

• The PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 has a 1.8L detachable water tank, leaving you with a lightweight iron and less time spent needing to refill.
  • With 2100 watts of power, you won’t have to wait long for your water to heat up.
  • It has a vertical steam function, giving you the convenience of steaming garments as they hang.
  • Includes an auto-shut off feature, so you can breathe easy knowing your iron is safe.
  • It has OptimalTEMP technology meaning you can iron everything from silk to denim without adjusting temperature - so you’re ready to iron anything at any time.
  • The iron has innovative technology which guarantees it will never burn your fabric even when left face down, so you can rest easy knowing you won’t damage your garments.
  • It has a 1.6m long cord, allowing you to easily move around your ironing board.
  • The PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 will cost you $499.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that the iron was easy to use and comfortable to hold.
  • Many reviewers liked how there was no need to change between different settings, and found it effectively got rid of creases on all kinds of fabrics.
  • According to reviewers, it was water efficient and a little bit of water went a long way.
CategoryIrons & Steam Generators
Colour / FinishPurple
  • MPN: GC8962/30

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2021. Learn more

Other Irons & Steam Generators