Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30

Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30

MPN: GC8962/30
Listing monitored by Philips

Pros

• Comfortable to use

• No need to change settings

• Water efficient

• Product is used
  • Safety

Sue
Sue

Flimsy structure and hasn't lasted long

This product when it worked was great, I bought it 7 months ago and now it has died on me, I found a crack on the base but had to try to prove I didn't drop it in order to get Philips to fix it. Since the crack the panel where the on/off switch is has become indented. When I turn it on now the on/off flashes and I constantly get "decalc" despite following the instruction on decalcifying in the booklet. A lot of money wasted and won't buy Philips again.

Purchased in January 2021 at Myer for $499.00.

Jessmay
JessmayGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Making my ironing so simple

Im not one to iron my clothes purely because I never know what temp to have the dial at and because it seems like such an effort, to say I am in love with my PerfectCare expert plus steamer is an understatement.
it not only is so simple to use, i can iron everything without having to change the settings!

Purchased in October 2019 at Cosco for $499.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Jess, thank you for sharing your positive experience here! Great to hear the Steam Generator is making ironing so much easier for you.

Nattyj
NattyjCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

absolutely genius

It works as a vertical steamer, and it is guaranteed not to burn any ironable material. There are no tricky settings to figure out or tiny water compartments that leak.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Natty, thank you for your positive review. We're happy to hear your experience with the Steam Generator has been positive and easy!

Kind Regards,

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Samtodd
Samtodd

Fab investment!

I was gifted the new Philips steamer & I have really loved it! Ive been able to easily use it across a range of fabrics with no worries. I also really like that you can use it vertically - because I have a tiny apartment with no ironing board! I also find it very efficient, I havent had to replace the water yet & Ive had it for nearly a month! I would definitely recommend this product for anyone looking for an investment steamer that youll have for the long run.

Purchased in September 2019 at Gifted.

Alana
AlanaPerth, WA

Amazing product

Ive loved using this product by Philips! Its effortless, easy and it works so well on my clothes! It heats up in seconds and is ready to use...so handy to have whether youre a family or a single person...works for all.

Purchased in October 2019 at Social soup for $500.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Alana, thank you for sharing your experience. We're happy to hear that you love using your Philips PerfectCare! :)

The Philips Australia Team

The best kitchen appliances in 2020!

Nathan S.1 Nov 2019
the-best-kitchen-appliances-in-2020

Best Fridges and Dishwashers in 2020!

Wendy Z.12 Nov 2019
best-fridges-and-dishwashers-in-2020

Avleen M.
Avleen M.23 July 2021

The perfect iron!

Ive been living without a proper iron in so long, that it was such a huge relief when I used it for the first time. it was easy, super light, and ironed out everything to beautifully without leaving any stains. love it

Liz A.
Liz A.South East Queensland, QLD

Life changer with ironing

Absolutely love the ease of the Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus Steam. Quick to warm up and activate. Love the size of the water tank; I can iron endlessly without worry about the water running low. Also love the option to steam horizontally or vertically.
My favourite feature is not worrying about the temperature control and just ironing my life away!

I am impressed!

I have been using the Philips garment care iron for a week now and I can't fault it.. I would recommend it to anyone who hates ironing because it makes it a lot more fun and quicker!

I love that i dont have to change settings when ironing various fabric textures. It heats up very fast when you turn it on and very light to carry... I really love it! Thank you Philips!

Philips S.Philips

We appreciate that review, Zade. Thanks a lot! It's great to hear that you've been so impressed by this Steam Generator. :)

Very impressed. Never thought I'd say I love ironing

I didnt expect much from this product to be honest however it exceeded my expectations. So powerful, quick and easy to use. Very stylish even my husband commented on how well it compliments the house. Absolute lifesaver and perfect for someone like me who is always on the run and has a very busy lifestyle. Ironing takes seconds! Im no longer scared to damage my designer dresses thanks to no burns guarantee. Thank you Philips for such a great product my life is so much easier now

Product is used Weekly

Ophelie M
Ophelie MSydney, NSW

Perfect product, light, easy and quick

Im really satisfied with this product and I will definitely recommend people to buy it.
Its so easy to use, no settings needed, no burns guaranteed. And I love that you can use it vertically as its really light !
I usually dont take time to iron my clothes but with this steam generator iron it is so quick and easy that I can enjoy ironing my clothes.

ZakT
ZakT

Sophisticated looking machine

I was recently gifted the PerfectCare expert plus stream generated iron. I'm really impressed with the sophisticated look of the machine. It's extremely light and super easy to use. I always hate fidling with dials on traditional irons to suit my garment. So the fact that this machine doesn't have any dials is a huge bonus. The water tank is large enough to last a few loads so I don't need to constantly refill the water. My only critism is the time it takes to warm up initially.

Mollymk
MollymkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

The best.

I love that this iron works on everything and doesn't burn. I have done dresses to coats and each time I am happy with the results. It is definitely very easy to use and I highly recommend it.

Tina k
Tina kGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

The perfect iron!

Who would have thought Id be so impressed by an iron!
I love that the Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus Steam Generator Iron itself is incredibly light & glides effortlessly, making it super comfortable to hold.
The water tank is easily removeable to fill up with tap water, also the steam pressure & volume is brilliant.
The OptimalTEMP technology guarantees no brim on any ironable fabric which is perfect for me as I have burned clothing before ! Plus I love the safety features it has. I highly recommend it .

Betsy
Betsy

I love this iron!!

I absolutely love using this iron! I think its the best iron I have ever used and I am so happy with it! I wouldnt change anything about this amazing product!!! so thankful for this fabulous iron!
Can use this iron on nearly anything!

Purchased in October 2019 for $499.00.

Philips S.Philips

A bit bulky but worth the storage space

lumalenyasked

I have recently purchased a new GC8962/40. I have been informed by Philips Consumer Care that the silicone seal at the base of its water-tank which I photographed and sent to them, is no longer available as a spare part and there is no substitute part for it. They offered a part which they claim is the spare part BUT is too large, an entirely different shape and does not fit this iron.
This suggests to me that this iron is now regarded as obsolete by Philips which all existing owners and potential purchasers should be aware of. They said they couldn't help any further with this part from my new iron.
Has anyone else had this experience with the current model iron?

Philips S.Philips

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that our product team specialists weren't able to assist you further with your iron and that the issue is not solved. Unfortunately, there isn't much that can be done at this point if there isn't any spare part available for your specific model. We understand the incovenience of it and we apologize! We'd like to refer you to our Consumer Care team for more information. You can reach them directly on 1300 363 391 (Australia), or 0800 658 224 (New Zealand) from Mondays to Saturdays: 7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST. They'll be happy to help with an alternative solution.

lumaleny

Can I respectfully ask you to re-read my question. It was PHILIPS CONSUMER CARE that told me that the required part for my BRAND NEW CURRENT MODEL Perfect Care iron, purchased 1 month ago from a major retailer in Australia as the latest model, is no longer available. They offered me a part that I did obtain, but it does not and will not fit this new iron - it is too large. I am concerned that Philips would appear to be selling in Australia, current model irons for which parts are no longer available which would make these irons obsolete by being unable to be repaired even under warranty. I would hope that Philips Management, which I am assuming you represent, would and should be interested in this situation and ensure that such a position is quickly remedied.
If you would care to give me an email address I will send you photos to clearly illustrate the problem and allow someone senior in the Philips investigate what I am saying.

T Rigney
T Rigney asked

I do quite a lot ironing but hate that in no time they tend to start leaking water or just simply show the electricity is on but doesn't heat up . I cant afford an expensive one so recommendations for irons priced from around $100.00 would very much be appreciated . many thanks in advance .

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We're sorry to hear about your experience with your irons. For a realiable good iron in the price range, we advise our GC2999/80 model. You can find all the information right here: https://bit.ly/3bcNgAD. We hope that will suit you!

If you have any other questions, feel free to reach out to our product team directly at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and at 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST. Our colleagues will be happy to help you out.

Margaret W.
Margaret W.asked

My Philips compact care steam station is not giving me the steam it was before. I have descaled each time required, it is still hot but when I press the button no shot of steam. It is about 18 months old I believe what can l do or should I just buy another brand.
Margaret Walker

Hi Margaret,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that your PerfectCare Expert Plus is not producing steam effectively. We kindly wish to share with you some tips below, to help resolve the issue:
To switch on the steam boost in your Philips Steam Generator Iron, press the steam trigger twice quickly. To switch the steam boost off, just press the steam trigger once again.

Hope that helps, but if you need further assistance, please feel free to contact us through the following numbers:
0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

See all Philips PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 questions

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Features

• The PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 has a 1.8L detachable water tank, leaving you with a lightweight iron and less time spent needing to refill.
  • With 2100 watts of power, you won’t have to wait long for your water to heat up.
  • It has a vertical steam function, giving you the convenience of steaming garments as they hang.
  • Includes an auto-shut off feature, so you can breathe easy knowing your iron is safe.
  • It has OptimalTEMP technology meaning you can iron everything from silk to denim without adjusting temperature - so you’re ready to iron anything at any time.
  • The iron has innovative technology which guarantees it will never burn your fabric even when left face down, so you can rest easy knowing you won’t damage your garments.
  • It has a 1.6m long cord, allowing you to easily move around your ironing board.
  • The PerfectCare Expert Plus GC8962/30 will cost you $499.

Points of praise:

• Reviewers said that the iron was easy to use and comfortable to hold.
  • Many reviewers liked how there was no need to change between different settings, and found it effectively got rid of creases on all kinds of fabrics.
  • According to reviewers, it was water efficient and a little bit of water went a long way.
CategoryIrons & Steam Generators