Philips PerfectCare Performer GC8712

Philips PerfectCare Performer GC8712

MPN: GC8712
See the Best Irons & Steam Generators in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Philips Domestic Appliances

• Product is used
  • Safety
reviews
reviewsPerth, WA

So frustrated

I am so frustrated with this iron. I am about to give up on it. I have followed all instructions and do the Calc clean regularly, but the problem is, the iron spits out dirty white or yellow water onto clothes intermittently. My son wears polo shirts as part of his work uniform and this iron hates them and spits white water that dries and leaves a mark nearly every time I iron them. I have just ruined a crisp white business shirt as the iron spat out yellow water and has left 4 large stains. I am frightened to use this iron for clothes on the run as I never know if I am going to be able to wear them or have to wash again. Even directly after the clean, the iron will do this . So dissatisfied! What am I doing wrong.

Purchased in for $299.

Philips S.Philips Domestic AppliancesSend a private message

Thank you for sharing your experience. We're sorry to hear you are having issues with your Iron and we would like to see what we can do to help! Could you contact us through: 1300 363 391.

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

sonyahmaree
sonyahmareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Purchased in for $399.

Love it,

This is a easy, non fussey steam station, ironing is so much quicker, I do lots of sewing, and have found it to be great on all fabrics, heats up quickly, prejudices lots of steam. If you havent had a steam station before and are still using an average iron, make your life easier. I love it

CHRISTY
CHRISTYBELMONT NORTH

Good steam iron

this is exactly what it says it is going to do and that is being a steam iron I can't really fault it it is just a steam iron if you want a cheap iron this is the way to go,Fantastic iron, makes the job so much easier and quicker. Does a much better job than regular irons. Recommended!

Irons & Steam Generators

Find out how Philips PerfectCare Performer GC8712 compares to other Irons & Steam Generators

Sarah
Sarah

Mediocre

LisaSydney, NSW

It’s good, but its not great.

Sunny
SunnySydbey

Yaaay

This was a god sent. My husband would always burn sensitive garments, I would have clothes with burn marks and wholes. Perfect care is easy to use I can and so safe. Turns off after 8 mins if u forget things like me. Only thing that is annoying is it takes a few mins to get ready to use. But that's easily over looked because of all the other features.

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Best Household Appliances Awards 2022!

Home is where the heart is. And with these reliable, Award-winning household appliances, home can be where the rest of the body and mind take comfort, too. Based on consumer reviews over the last year, we've picked the best household appliances to buy in 2022, from air purifiers to steam mops.

Avleen M.
Avleen M.
best-household-appliances-awards-2022
Peacemaker
PeacemakerMelbourne

Works like a charm

Having used the no-steam iron in the past, Philips Perfect Care steam iron is amazing. It has an automatic sensor that enables you to lay the iron flat on the board (as opposed to keeping it upright)

The quality of the unit is very good and well made. Haven't had a issue in the past 24 months of the usage

Mel
MelIvanhoe

What a waste of money!

I’m so disappointed with this steam iron. I have just purchased it, and gotten home to try it out and compare it to my old iron - also a Phillips, but the old one cost only $40. Well, the much more expensive new steam iron doesn’t do any better than the old one. Not only that, like the other reviewers on here I find the delay between pushing the steam button and the release of steam to be dangerous - I nearly burnt myself!!! I wish I had read these reviews before purchasing it, because they are 100% correct!

Irons & Steam Generators

Very disappointed - and potentially hazardous

nsm54
nsm54
LynPerth

So disappointed

I have...three times.

LILL
LILLasked

Our calc clean container has gone missing (I think my husband threw it out). What are my options to clean my iron as I can’t use it until the cleaning’s done. TIA

Donna McGowanasked

Should this iron leak water on the floor as I’m on my second iron now and both are doing the same leaving a puddle of water on the floor?

Renae
Renaeasked

Hi there, I have just today purchased the Phillip's Steam Iron and while I am very happy with the results and the easy use of the iron I am just concerned as to whether it is normal for the iron to make like a pumping noise when I press the steam button as the steam irons I have had in the past were quiet. I just wanted to make sure that this is normal as I would hate for it to be a fault and stop working in the near future. Thankyou.
Regards