Philips Premium All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2178/72

• Pressure Cooking
  • Sautéing
  • Rice Cooking
  • Product is used
    • Several times a week (6)
    • Weekly (1)
    • Monthly (1)
    • Daily (1)
  • Safety
  • Pressurising Speed

AZKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very efficient

I’m thrilled with my machine. For those that can’t see the number display, make sure you remove the label covering the screen. U can’t really see the label but it’s there. Hope this helps.

Purchased in May 2018.

Philips S.Philips

Display doesn't show time during pressure cooking

I have similar experience for cooking lentils. Whatever I press, the screen always has 8888, not the figures I can read. I am not sure it is faulty one or something I did not do correctly. So disappointed.
Bought it at Coscto, VIC

Purchased at Costco VIC, Ringwood for $189.00

Purchased in December 2019 at Costco for $189.00.

婕 何.

婕 何.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trouble for using

I spend the whole day and night to cook rice, cannot adjust cooking time. Whatever I press, the screen always has 8888, not the figures I can read. I am not sure it is faulty one or something I did not do correctly. So disappointed.

Purchased at Costco VIC, Ringwood for $189.00.

Product is used Daily
Slow Cookers

Find out how Philips Premium All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2178/72 compares to other Slow Cookers

Mary C.

Mary C.Hunter Region, NSW

Love it! Wish I had bought it sooner.

I have a slow cooker, a rice cooker, soup cooker and pressure cooker and not much space to store them. My other problem was all of them had small capacity so I invested in the Phillips All-In-One Cooker. Totally impressed! I’ve made soup, chicken casserole, chicken bone broth by slow cooking and pressure cooking and all turned out perfectly. It comes with two inner 6 litre pots, one of which is Teflon coated and so easy to clean.
The recipe book is rather basic and instructions could be better but youtube video sorted that out quickly. Sauté function works well and one of the best features is that when the cooking time is finished, it immediately goes on to warm function. Overall a great product and I would definitely recommend it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Amazon.

Allic

Allic

Out of all the kitchen gadgets, this is my most used one!

Purchased in August 2018 at Costco VIC, Moorabbin for $280.00.

Buyer Beware - Philips Worst Pressure Cooker - Lemon

We had the previous model and loved it. We decided to upgrade, unfortunately what a disappointment. The touch screen has been problematic from month 3. Normally take 5 or 6 turning off and on to make it trigger the start program. It now has decided to not start. The touch sensor is clearly a manufacturer fault. Our family has always supported Philips small appliance, it’s a shame we have been let down this time.

Purchased in August 2018 for $280.00.

Product is used Weekly
Karl G.

Karl G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good buy, no regrets!

The AIO does what its supposed to do. The results are great.
Meats cook very well on pressure cook mode and is a very handy and a convenient appliance to have in the kitchen

The recipe book is a bit disappointing with a very few recipes included, would have expected more.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco SA, Adelaide for $187.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Karl, thanks for sharing your review. Great to hear that you've been cooking some delicious meats. Hopefully you'll be making many tasty meals for you and your family.

The Philips Australia Team

julie l.

julie l.

So easy to use

We bought this model after I thought my old one had broke, but infact I wasn’t putting the seal ring in correctly, so now I have 2 pressure cookers. I love this modern model better than the old one because the electronic touch pad is easy to use. I love the diversity of how you can have a curry cooked in an hour or you can cook a soup throughout the day on slow cook.

Purchased in November 2018 at Costco SA, Adelaide for $240.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hey Julie, thanks for leaving your thoughts with us. We're glad to hear your initial trouble was solved swiftly. It sounds like you're making some delicious meals with the cooker. Bon appetit!

Dubbo

DubboGoulburn Valley, VIC

Pressure cooker

Very happy with our purchase. Cooked a silverside and it was very tender. Can whip up a meal when I come home from work and have it on the table in an hour.

Purchased in May 2019.

Morty

MortyMid West, WA

Touch Screen

Very annoying that I have to go through the motions time and time again just to get this machine to start. The start button will not work straight away. The panel is not great.

Purchased in May 2018.

flossy4564

flossy4564Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pressure Issues with my Philips HD2178/72.

Hi, I cant get the Pressure cooker to work. The valve does not come up on mine when I turn the lid to close. I have the Philips HD2178/72. This is the second one I have had now and I can't seem to get it working...

Purchased in November 2018 for $300.00.

Product is used Monthly
Prattys

PrattysGascoyne, WA

It's the only kitchen appliance I need!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Zigzaggered

ZigzaggeredHunter Region, NSW

Great WHEN it works.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
minx

minxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect!

It a dream machine for me! Can do stews and braised dishes, chinese/asian traditional dishes in a jiffy! Got it at Costco for $185. Its a steal for such a fantastic cooking buddy. Performance is 10/10 and cost is a fraction of those other so-called other branded premium thousand dollar All in One cooking machines.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
manny

mannySANDHURST

Philips HD2178/72 Atrocious

Purchased this on the week end for Costco. Very disappointed . The seer doesn't really get that hot and the red seal button doesn't release that the steam when you go to vent after cooking.
The general time on listening to all the cooks on you tube to cook a piece of beef all cubed is 20 -25 MINUTES. I had to have mine set for 65 minutes for the meat to be tender - And I was using rump at $ 20.00 per kilo -Not a cheap cut -I want my money back !!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018

girlpower

girlpowerVictoria

Great Appliance!

Date PurchasedJun 2018
Helen

Helennewcastle

Terrible design

The pressure cooker worked well when it was working. When i cooked congee with it, the water spilled out of the pot and ended up between the inner pot and machine resulting in water damage. I called Philips regarding warranty but they said it was my fault for not placing the appropriate level of water. I did not have the water level past the max marker in the pot. Terrible design.

Les Collins

Les CollinsBrisbane

Quiet machine. Expect an update

Maddy

MaddyMelbourne

Water condensation on the panel

This pressure cooker is no doubt very functional and convenient. However there 2 flaws. No.1 - There is no water outlet or collection cup like the tefal pressure cooker. Hence water easily seeps into the panel. And this happened even with the seal properly on. I don’t have this problem with my tefal even though I have times forgotten the seal. No.2 - The rubber seal becomes pretty loose after a few uses. And I usually do not remove the seal while cleaning unless necessary. So it do come off quickly easily half way through cooking. And this happened to my friend’s unit as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018

CeciliaSydney

Tip top pressure cooker that every house should has

Just bought HD2178 from Costco last week. It’s very easy to use and very quiet when using the pressure cooking mode. I’ve been using other brands, never seen the pressure cooker can be so quiet, unbelievable quiet! Foods are all cooked just nice and yummy. It also very clean as the steam will not splashing out everywhere like others pressure cooking. Most important is its save my cooking time and all the cleaning hassles.
It’s a good product and strongly recommend every household to own one.
I’m getting excited as lots of cooking can be used by this fantastic cooker, from meat, soup to many types of desserts, everyday I just keep discovering it. You will regret if don’t have it!

Cecilia

Hi, just found out the rings and nuts on my AOI lid already rusted and when I unscrewed everything, I realised the round ring was cut, is it normal? I thought they are stainless steel, but yet the lid still a bit rusted? Thanks

Wanda

Wandaasked

Hi I’ve been using my HD2178 for a week now without any incidence. Today, after using it like usual, there’s water condensation and tiny water droplets on the display panel. Why is it so and how do I clear it ? Thanks

Hi Wanda,

Thank you for leaving us an inquiry on your All-In-One Multicooker. To answer your question, we kindly ask you to review your user manual for the correct cleaning and maintenance procedure. You can also check it out here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hd2178_72/hd2178_72_dfu_eng.pdf

Should you need assistance in the future, our lines are open to answer your call: 1300 363 391 (Mondays to Saturdays from 7:00 am until 7:00 pm) in Australia and 0800 658 224 for New Zealand. Please allow some time to process the call due to the current circumstances.

Have a wonderful week!

The Philips Australia Team

Raj Saneja

Raj Sanejaasked

Is there a way to turn off the HD 2178/72 without switching off at the power point?

AZK

Not that I know of. I usually press cancel then I switch off at the power point.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Raj! Thanks for reaching out with this question. For the HD2178/72, you can press the Warm/Cancel button to cancel the cooking process without turning it off. If you have any further questions please contact 1300 363 391 (AU) from Mondays to Saturdays (7:00 am - 7:00 pm EST) or 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Mondays to Saturdays (9:00 am - 9:00 pm)

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team.

Doreen

Doreenasked

Where to find
Serial no

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual