Philips Premium All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2178/72

Philips Premium All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2178/72

MPN: HD2178-72

Should I get a slow cooker, pressure cooker or multi cooker?

Thanks to slow cookers, pressure cookers and multi cookers, the days of slaving away over a stovetop are over. This buying guide will help you decide which kitchen appliance is right for you.

Read now

• Rice Cooking
Bernadette123

Bernadette123Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very sad. Not happy.

Broke not even a year old. Won’t pressure cook. Yes I did all the tricks and I did use it properly. I really love the stainless steal bowl. Lost receipt can’t return. What a waste of money.

Purchased in June 2019.

Not Happy

Not HappyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Loved it until it imploded...

Purchased at Costco for A$185.00.

j9

j9Wanniassa

My favourite kitchen product

This fantastic product can do it all. It saved me time and money in the kitchen and makes everything way more efficient. And tasty! If you are in the look for a multi cooker, look no further!

Purchased in May 2020.

Slow Cookers

Find out how Philips Premium All-In-One Multi-Cooker HD2178/72 compares to other Slow Cookers

obliviscerePhillip 2606, ACT

Versatile Multicooker - Really happy

Purchased in September 2019 at Costco for A$189.00.

obliviscere

Hey guys - no worries at all, cheers for making something that’s helping me live my best cooking adventure life HAHAHA! Definitely will do and hoping you all are staying safe and well during these times :)

AZK

AZKSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very efficient

I’m thrilled with my machine. For those that can’t see the number display, make sure you remove the label covering the screen. U can’t really see the label but it’s there. Hope this helps.

Purchased in May 2018.

Philips S.Philips

Display doesn't show time during pressure cooking

I have similar experience for cooking lentils. Whatever I press, the screen always has 8888, not the figures I can read. I am not sure it is faulty one or something I did not do correctly. So disappointed.
Bought it at Coscto, VIC

Purchased at Costco VIC, Ringwood for $189.00

Purchased in December 2019 at Costco for A$189.00.

婕 何.

婕 何.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Trouble for using

I spend the whole day and night to cook rice, cannot adjust cooking time. Whatever I press, the screen always has 8888, not the figures I can read. I am not sure it is faulty one or something I did not do correctly. So disappointed.

Purchased at Costco VIC, Ringwood for A$189.00.

Product is usedDaily
Mary C.

Mary C.Hunter Region, NSW

Love it! Wish I had bought it sooner.

I have a slow cooker, a rice cooker, soup cooker and pressure cooker and not much space to store them. My other problem was all of them had small capacity so I invested in the Phillips All-In-One Cooker. Totally impressed! I’ve made soup, chicken casserole, chicken bone broth by slow cooking and pressure cooking and all turned out perfectly. It comes with two inner 6 litre pots, one of which is Teflon coated and so easy to clean.
The recipe book is rather basic and instructions could be better but youtube video sorted that out quickly. Sauté function works well and one of the best features is that when the cooking time is finished, it immediately goes on to warm function. Overall a great product and I would definitely recommend it.

Purchased in July 2019 at Amazon.

Allic

Allic

Out of all the kitchen gadgets, this is my most used one!

Purchased in August 2018 at Costco VIC, Moorabbin for A$280.00.

Buyer Beware - Philips Worst Pressure Cooker - Lemon

We had the previous model and loved it. We decided to upgrade, unfortunately what a disappointment. The touch screen has been problematic from month 3. Normally take 5 or 6 turning off and on to make it trigger the start program. It now has decided to not start. The touch sensor is clearly a manufacturer fault. Our family has always supported Philips small appliance, it’s a shame we have been let down this time.

Purchased in August 2018 for A$280.00.

Product is usedWeekly
Karl G.

Karl G.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good buy, no regrets!

The AIO does what its supposed to do. The results are great.
Meats cook very well on pressure cook mode and is a very handy and a convenient appliance to have in the kitchen

The recipe book is a bit disappointing with a very few recipes included, would have expected more.

Purchased in May 2019 at Costco SA, Adelaide for A$187.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Karl, thanks for sharing your review. Great to hear that you've been cooking some delicious meats. Hopefully you'll be making many tasty meals for you and your family.

julie l.

julie l.

So easy to use

We bought this model after I thought my old one had broke, but infact I wasn’t putting the seal ring in correctly, so now I have 2 pressure cookers. I love this modern model better than the old one because the electronic touch pad is easy to use. I love the diversity of how you can have a curry cooked in an hour or you can cook a soup throughout the day on slow cook.

Purchased in November 2018 at Costco SA, Adelaide for A$240.00.

Philips S.Philips

Hey Julie, thanks for leaving your thoughts with us. We're glad to hear your initial trouble was solved swiftly. It sounds like you're making some delicious meals with the cooker. Bon appetit!

Dubbo

DubboGoulburn Valley, VIC

Pressure cooker

Very happy with our purchase. Cooked a silverside and it was very tender. Can whip up a meal when I come home from work and have it on the table in an hour.

Purchased in May 2019.

Morty

MortyMid West, WA

Touch Screen

Very annoying that I have to go through the motions time and time again just to get this machine to start. The start button will not work straight away. The panel is not great.

Purchased in May 2018.

flossy4564

flossy4564Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pressure Issues with my Philips HD2178/72.

Hi, I cant get the Pressure cooker to work. The valve does not come up on mine when I turn the lid to close. I have the Philips HD2178/72. This is the second one I have had now and I can't seem to get it working...

Purchased in November 2018 for A$300.00.

Product is usedMonthly

Prattys

PrattysGascoyne, WA

It's the only kitchen appliance I need!!!

Date PurchasedJul 2017
Zigzaggered

ZigzaggeredHunter Region, NSW

Great WHEN it works.

Date PurchasedMay 2017
minx

minxGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Perfect!

It a dream machine for me! Can do stews and braised dishes, chinese/asian traditional dishes in a jiffy! Got it at Costco for $185. Its a steal for such a fantastic cooking buddy. Performance is 10/10 and cost is a fraction of those other so-called other branded premium thousand dollar All in One cooking machines.

Date PurchasedAug 2018
manny

mannySANDHURST

Philips HD2178/72 Atrocious

Purchased this on the week end for Costco. Very disappointed . The seer doesn't really get that hot and the red seal button doesn't release that the steam when you go to vent after cooking.
The general time on listening to all the cooks on you tube to cook a piece of beef all cubed is 20 -25 MINUTES. I had to have mine set for 65 minutes for the meat to be tender - And I was using rump at $ 20.00 per kilo -Not a cheap cut -I want my money back !!!!

Date PurchasedSep 2018
girlpower

girlpowerVictoria

Great Appliance!

Date PurchasedJun 2018

Ervin

Ervinasked

what is material used for the coated pot? Is it teflon?

Hi Ervin,

Thank you for your query about our Multi-Cooker. This model has 2 pots: One is the high grade stainless steel inner pot, to make sure the different using behaviours. Another one is Aluminum alloy inner pot, which is durable and offers more effective heat conduction. Special colored Whitford golden coating is non-stick. You can read more about its technical specifications here: https://www.download.p4c.philips.com/files/h/hd2178_72/hd2178_72_pss_engau.pdf

Should you have any further questions, please contact our local product team at 0800 658 224 (NZ) from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm and 1300 363 391 (AU) Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST.

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Denise T.

Denise T.asked

Is the non scratch surface healthy as both ingredients aluminium is toxic to the body & non scratch ingredients too?

Hi there, Denise

Thanks for your question and we appreciate your concern. The product has a high grade stainless steel pot and an aluminum alloy inner put. All parts that come into direct contact with food and/or water are made of BPA-free materials.

We hope this helps. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any further questions. You can reach us on 1300 363 391 from Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST for Australia and for New Zealand 0800 658 224 from Monday - Friday: 09:00 am - 09:00 pm.

Parn

Parnasked

I was about to use my Philips All-In-One Cooker HD2178/72 for the first time, with a pulled lamb recipe which needed a searing at first. Pressed the Sauté button & pressed start (many times, both with & without setting the timer); but the START BUTTON didn't work no matter how hard I pushed it. I unplugged it a few times, but it didn't help. The CANCEL button & a few others seem to be working fine though.
Also, the light on the screen is so weak that I cannot actually see the time it is showing!

Philips S.Philips

Hello Parn, thanks for sharing your concerns. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. Please contact our colleagues directly on the below number for further assistance:

Call us
1300 363 391

Monday - Friday: 07:00 am - 07:00 pm EST

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

CategorySlow Cookers, Multi Cookers and Pressure Cookers