Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

Philips Airfryer XL Digital HD9240/30 (White)

MPN: 35905415

Air Fryers Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of air fryer would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

• Product is used:
    • Several times a week (6)
    • Daily (3)
    • Weekly (2)

gza222

gza222Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Love this machine!

We use it often - more often than expected, whether to cook, defrost or re-heat meals (without the typical microwave sogginess).

We've had it for almost 1 year - no issues, in thanks I'm sure to no moving parts.

Well designed, reliable and great bang for buck.

Purchased in March 2019 at The Good Guys for $299.00.

Greg

GregSouth East Queensland, QLD

WAS great except for the metal ball bearings that now fall out of the sliding drawer...

Purchased in August 2016 for $450.00.

T_TS

T_TSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

This air fryer is excellent for small home

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $328.00.

Kam

KamSydney

Not so premium.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $239.00.

Coops

CoopsHobart, TAS

surprisingly good

Took a while to be convinced before we bought it. Used it every day for the last week. Cooked chips (fresh, frozen), chicken (whole, pieces), frozen food you would usually fry/oven. Quick to cook and great results. Easy to clean. Happy as.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer Online Store for $250.00.

Philips S.Philips

Thanks for your review, Coops. We're glad to read that you decided to take the leap and that you've been enjoying your Airfryer so far. Here's to many more delicious Airfryer sessions!

John WNorthern Region, NSW

Great cooker but

Purchased in May 2017 for $398.00.

John W

Wow! Thank you so much for your very non helpful response, you didn't even bother to read my post properly, I said it started to fall to pieces after only 12 months NOT 2 years, it's now just about fit only for the tip.

Amazing mini oven!

This is such a great item to use in the kitchen it’s like a mini portable oven that works much faster and is cleaner and easier to use. It allows a great variety to be cooked I’ve made crunchy prawns , crispy vegetables , beautiful fish and am keen to try baking in it. It can be put in the dishwasher which is great to be able to clean as well and doesn’t take away any flavour of the food cooked

Purchased in April 2019.

motherb

motherbSouth East Queensland, QLD

Beyond our expectations

•How satisfied are you with the food produced in this air fryer?
Extremely satisfied, it is better than expected

•What sort of food do you usually cook using this air fryer?
Anything that would normally be deep fried or roasted

•Is this product easy to use and clean?
Very easy to use and clean

Would definitely recommend this product

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $169.00.

Product is used: Weekly

sonyahmaree

sonyahmareeSouth East Queensland, QLD

EXCELLENT ITEM

Purchased in March 2017 for $369.00.

seekyou

seekyouPerth, WA

Great product

We use this almost everyday. Great product, has never let us down.
Such a great variety of foods can be cooked in this air fryer. Easy to use and even came with a recipe book.

Purchased in May 2016.

Sammy

SammyMulgrave

Good product but not value for money

Purchased in September 2017.

Product is used: Weekly

LarueAU

Amazing

Anything you cook in oven can cook in this easy cleaning just wipe out easy to use . I'm very satisfied with all the food i cook fish chips chicken tenders macaroni cheese wings chicken pieces even a cake in the dish i bought that is for this machine .

Date PurchasedApr 2017

Julia A

basket lock disengages when removed from unit. Safety issue.

My air fryer is 2 1/2 years old. I have absolutely loved using it. Unfortunately now when I remove the base with the handle the lock disengages by itself and the basket is separated from the base. This has happened a few times spilling hot contents onto floor or bench top and even burnt me a couple of times. Obviously the lock is faulty. Has anyone else had the same problem? The fryer was purchased from Harvey Norman Noarlunga SA

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Julia A

Thank you I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards Julia

Viv

VivSydney

Use it every day

I have been using it everyday for just over a year and it is a versatile, sturdy and useful kitchen equipment. I hardly ever use any oil with it, and it still works perfectly with various food items. It is especially handy if you have children - I have used it to cook chicken nuggets, vege strips, dumplings, steak, and the list goes on. I strongly recommend you to get a double layer to utilise the space within the basket. Cleaning is a bit of a bummer and it can be hectic to clean the bottom part of the fryer, but it is worth the trouble! Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Val D

Val DDunlop

Absolutely fantastic

Very satisfied, this is my second Philips airfryer. Upgraded from smaller version, still use both. Cook chicken, chips, reheat, cakes, brownies frozen foods. Most things have tried are very successful. Love, love, love it. They both sit on my bench and are my go to cooking appliance every day. They are brilliant.

Date PurchasedApr 2014

penegeauSouth East Queensland, QLD

LOVE IT!

Date PurchasedMar 2017
penegeau

oh fantastic thanks so much!

Daniel

DanielBrisbane

Great, multipurpose cooking appliance

Despite what you might think with the title "airfryer", this is actually a great little cooking appliance for basically anything you'd cook in your oven.

Cooks food much faster, but very thorough so it isn't just cooking the outside while leaving the inside still cold. Great lower fat option for chips and great for baking vegetables and the like.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Kylie41

Kylie41Sydney

Good for lots of things

I have found that an airfryer is good for certain things but not everything.
froze fish, chips, nuggets etc I find its actually better than the deep fryer - not just in terms of being heathier but it tastes better.
Some things though I still find are better fried, but all in all happy

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Philips S.Philips

Hi Kylie, great to hear you're enjoying the low-fat fish, chips, and nuggets! Thanks so much for sharing your view on the AirFryer.

Tanvir

TanvirSydney, NSW

Reliable rand with good quality

I have ought this air fryer after seeing all advertisement in the TVs alone. I found his is a very useful product and you can use this for almost more than one kilo of chips for an example in I. it is wise to buy the bigger capacity one rather than the small one under the same brand. I do not find any problem with the product itself. It is easy to operate and maintenance as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Philips S.Philips

Excellent! That's what we like to hear and thanks for sharing. :)

Emily

Emily

Amazing and quick to use

Amazing cookwear for roast lamb, chicken, sausages, vegetables, hot chips or anything. The fryer drains all the fat leaving the food moist and juicey. I would highly recommend for anyone who is trying to lose weight or wants a quicker faster way to cooking food. The smallest size is great for two people.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Hi Emily,
it's wonderful to hear that the Airfryer has become such a staple in your kitchen, and you find the Airfryer quick and easy to use. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us!

Charlie B.

Charlie B.asked

Just bought the XL HD9240 and seen there is grill plate accessory which i was wondering if on my model is the handle interchangeable to use this accessory?

Philips S.Philips

Hi Charlie, thanks for taking the time to reach out to us here with your question. In order to assess compatibility of an accessory with your Airfryer, we do require a bit more information. Therefore, it would be great if you could reach out to us on one of our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter @PhilipsCare). Our colleagues there are available 24/7, and that way pictures can be included in the conversation as well. Alternatively, you could reach out to our colleagues on one of the following numbers:

AU 1300 363 391
NZ 0800 658 224

We hope to hear from you.

Feroza

Ferozaasked

Hi I have the Phillip's hd9240 rapid air fryer.
I set the timer and temperature but the fan doesn't switch on. What could the problem be? The fryer is still fairly new. About 2 months only.

Larue

The fan switches on as soon as you turn it on if not than you have a fault return product to shop.

Hi there Feroza,

Thanks for reaching out to us here and sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing with your Airfryer. In order to investigate this matter more thoroughly, we kindly ask you to reach out to our Care Team via 1300 363 391 (0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand). That is the quickest way to get in touch with our experts and find out if the fan is indeed broken or if there's something else that can be done to get the issue fixed. They'll be more than happy to assist you with this!

Abdo A

Abdo Aasked

Dear Sir,
I have air fryer ( 9206AD - 4 // Type HD 9240 , 2095 watt , White )
fan is not working, what can i do for solve it?
I want to know fan specifications such as voltage, amps, so i can test it alone or replace it.

Philips S.Philips

Hi Abdo, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this. We'd advise against tinkering with the device yourself, as we can't guarantee your safety, and the quality of the device if original parts have been altered, or the device has been opened up. But please know that we're more than willing to see how we can help you in this situation. Could you instead give us a call on 1300 363 391 (AU), or on 0800 658 224 (NZ)?

The Philips Australia Team

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Download manual