MPN: 35905415

WAS great except for the metal ball bearings that now fall out of the sliding drawer...

I've been a keen Air fryer user for the past 3 years. Started with one of the small Vivas but soon moved on to the premium collection XL version just under 3 years ago. The XL has been great up until now. Last week I noticed a couple of small metal ball bearings on my kitchen bench next to the air fryer. When I investigated, I found a small piece of deteriorated plastic had broken off and there were more ball bearings underneath the air fryer. It looks like the sliding mechanism that holds the drawer has deteriorated and broken, releasing the ball bearings. I'm very disappointed with this – the machine is under 3 years old and for $450 I would expect a much longer life of use for the machine. I'm surprised that a machine that heats to 200°C would use what looks like quite thin and fragile plastic to hold extremely hot metal ball bearings.

Purchased in August 2016 for $450.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Hi there, Greg. Thanks for taking your time to write this review. We're sorry to hear about the difficulties that you have experienced with our product. We like to get in touch and see how we can help. Based on this info, this can be repaired. We advise you to contact our product experts directly here for further assistance: https://www.philips.com.au/c-w/support-home/support-contact-page.html#n62Contact=HOUSEHOLD_PRODUCTS_GR%2BCOOKING_CA We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

This air fryer is excellent for small home

Our home didn't have an oven, therefore, my husband and I decided to buy an air fryer to occasionally roast steaks and fry chips. However, after using it for more than one year, we have developed several recipes, and this air fryer has ranked to be one of the most frequently used cooking wares in our home. We love it so much!
It makes cooking much easier. You don't need to flip the food frequently, just simply place the food into the fryer, set the time and temperature, then follow the cooking instructions of the recipe, then it could perfectly do the even cooking without your extra attention, which function is similar to the oven. The better part than the oven is, you can roast steaks or potato chips, etc. without spread oil on it. And you can check the food status at any time without wearing gloves, without worrying about much hot cooking smell coming out. Furthermore, the container is compact, which can be clean easily if you can place the food items into a baking paper. This air fryer is ideal for small families to do clean cooking!

Purchased in March 2018 at The Good Guys for $328.00.

Not so premium.

Have owned this for a few months now and use it every day.

Would have rated it higher except for some poor design choices, the worst being the basket handle and mesh that can't be removed.
This makes cleaning an absolute nightmare.
Wouldn't have cost anything to make them removable so I have no idea why it wasn't a feature, especially when advertised as Premium and easy to clean.

The digital display is also unintuitive and on several occasions it was unknowingly on pause instead of cook.
The power plug is also the worst thing I've ever seen seen and sticks out from the wall almost 3 inches.

My 10 year old toaster and kettle both have flush plugs, but not my premium Philips.

Don't get me wrong I like using this, but every time I have to clean it I curse Philips for making it such a chore.
Also, it doesn't go higher than 200 degrees, no other air fryer does so it may be a limitation for some reason.
Things like frozen chips and potatoes need a higher temp (210-220) to cook properly as recommend on the pack.
Cooking at lower temps means they come out less than ideal.

In summing up, the good:

High wattage
Decent capacity

The bad:

Handle can't be removed
Poor control and display
Doesn't go higher than 200 degrees.
Power plug
Too expensive, especially the accessories.

Purchased in March 2019 at Amazon for $239.00.

Product is used: Daily
Hi there, Thanks for taking the time to write this review and share your experience with your AirFryer. We're sorry to hear your experience didn't meet your expectations. We can imagine that must be very disappointing. Have you already tried to contact our colleagues via 1300 363 391? They'll be able to give you direct assistance. You could also reach out to us via Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare). We'd really like to see if we can assist you further, so you'll be more satisfied with your purchase. We hope to hear from you soon. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

surprisingly good

Took a while to be convinced before we bought it. Used it every day for the last week. Cooked chips (fresh, frozen), chicken (whole, pieces), frozen food you would usually fry/oven. Quick to cook and great results. Easy to clean. Happy as.

Purchased in May 2019 at Myer Online Store for $250.00.

Product is used: Daily
Thanks for your review, Coops. We're glad to read that you decided to take the leap and that you've been enjoying your Airfryer so far. Here's to many more delicious Airfryer sessions! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Great cooker but

Air fryers are a wonderful way to cook food and the Phillips does it very well. Unfortunately, after only 12 months the machine started to fall to bits. First the small ball bearing race under the slide out drawer broke and fell out making it a pain to work the drawer. Then the plastic around the drawer warped so hot air leaks out. The print on the screen all wore off very quickly even though we do not clean it with anything aggressive or abrasive. We paid a premium price for the cooker and the brand name and we expected something of better quality. Of course, all of these faults happened AFTER it ran out of warranty so the retailer could not help us at all. Great when it was new but after 12 months not so great. Even though it is now 2 years old we are still using it even though it's a real pain in the butt as we can't afford to throw it away and buy a new one.

Purchased in May 2017 for $398.00.

Product is used: Several times a week
Hi John, it's great to hear you were so pleased with the performance of the AirFryer, but we're sorry the unit developed several issues after two years. That's not supposed to happen at all, so we're glad you were already in contact with us. Having said that, it's very sad to hear we couldn't offer you anything as the warranty ran out already. Altogether, we can imagine your disappointment. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences here. Your feedback is very valuable as our product developers are always looking for ways to improve our products. Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamWow! Thank you so much for your very non helpful response, you didn't even bother to read my post properly, I said it started to fall to pieces after only 12 months NOT 2 years, it's now just about fit only for the tip.We apologize for the misunderstanding, and that you did not find our response helpful, John. Unfortunately, the situation being as it is, there is not much more we could do about this on our end, since the warranty period had run out when you reached out to us. We've made sure to forward your input to our product developers, and if there's anything else you'd like to share with us, please feel free to do so. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Amazing mini oven!

This is such a great item to use in the kitchen it’s like a mini portable oven that works much faster and is cleaner and easier to use. It allows a great variety to be cooked I’ve made crunchy prawns , crispy vegetables , beautiful fish and am keen to try baking in it. It can be put in the dishwasher which is great to be able to clean as well and doesn’t take away any flavour of the food cooked

Purchased in April 2019.

Product is used: Several times a week
Hi there, We appreciate you taking the time to share this with us. :) It sounds like you and your Airfryer are a match made in heaven! Let us know if there is anything we can assist you with alright? Kind regards, The Philips Australia team

Beyond our expectations

•How satisfied are you with the food produced in this air fryer?
Extremely satisfied, it is better than expected

•What sort of food do you usually cook using this air fryer?
Anything that would normally be deep fried or roasted

•Is this product easy to use and clean?
Very easy to use and clean

Would definitely recommend this product

Purchased in December 2017 at JB Hi-Fi Retail Stores for $169.00.

Product is used: Weekly

EXCELLENT ITEM

So we purchased this Airfyer not really knowing if we could expect it to really be as good as it says. Well we were blown away. Not only does this amazing cooker make the best crunchy chips (I was so happy it was true) but they cook so much faster because it cooks the underside at the same time. They tasted amazing but also and one of the best parts, the kitchen wasn't like a sauna from a hot oven. I love it. Only things i wish is that the basket was a bit bigger and that it was easier to clean up behind the element. It would be great if they could come up with one that the element was removable. But for the cooking, wow it is great. We cook chips, pies, popcorn etc. I also cooked a rolled stuffed turkey roast last week. I was worried it would be dry but omg it was delicious! My husband was shocked it could cook something like that so well. I was given a Bellini Airfyer as a gift recently. I didn't need it and was going to return it but figured i'd try it out as it has a basket that is at least a quarter larger. Also it has the air flutes cut into the sides as well so we figured even better cooking right? Hmmm well no. It didn't even cook underneath so it took longer. So I still had to turn the food over. NOT in the Phillips, it cooks from the bottom as well. I will never stop using this item. I use it every single day. Even just to reheat things like pizza or chicken etc. Thanks for a great product, I have always purchased Phillips brand and the quality of this item is just more proof of why I keep choosing them.

Purchased in March 2017 for $369.00.

Great product

We use this almost everyday. Great product, has never let us down.
Such a great variety of foods can be cooked in this air fryer. Easy to use and even came with a recipe book.

Purchased in May 2016.

Product is used: Several times a week
Hello there, Seekyou. Thank you for your review. We're happy to see that you are enjoying our Airfryer. You could always explore our Airfryer recipes online in order to find new, additional recipes! You can find them on this site: https://philips.to/2Bap8gZ. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Good product but not value for money

It is a great concept
Philips is charging so much for this unit and not providing any accessories with it.
They are trying to rip you off selling accessories at a premium as well
you can buy similar products with accessories for almost 1/3 of the price of this unit.
Pros
Easy to use
Quick
Cons
Bulky
Capacity is less compared to the bulkiness
Too expensive
Not good value for money as accessories are not provided

Purchased in September 2017.

Product is used: Weekly

Amazing

Anything you cook in oven can cook in this easy cleaning just wipe out easy to use . I'm very satisfied with all the food i cook fish chips chicken tenders macaroni cheese wings chicken pieces even a cake in the dish i bought that is for this machine .

Date PurchasedApr 2017
Hi there, Larue. It's great to hear that you're very satisfied with the AirFryer! And not only with the cooking, but with the cleaning as well. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us here. Wishing you a tasty time with the AirFryer. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

basket lock disengages when removed from unit. Safety issue.

My air fryer is 2 1/2 years old. I have absolutely loved using it. Unfortunately now when I remove the base with the handle the lock disengages by itself and the basket is separated from the base. This has happened a few times spilling hot contents onto floor or bench top and even burnt me a couple of times. Obviously the lock is faulty. Has anyone else had the same problem? The fryer was purchased from Harvey Norman Noarlunga SA

Date PurchasedSep 2016
Hi there, Julia, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We take this very seriously. We hope you are doing OK now? Our apologies for the inconvenience, we can imagine this is far from ideal. We will send you a Private Message right now, asking you for some details, if that's OK? After that, we will get in touch with our customer care team in Australia to forward your case to them. We hope to hear back. Kind regards, The Philips Australia teamThank you I look forward to hearing from you. Regards JuliaHi, Julia. We just sent you a Private Message regarding this case. Hope to hear from you soon in that conversation. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Use it every day

I have been using it everyday for just over a year and it is a versatile, sturdy and useful kitchen equipment. I hardly ever use any oil with it, and it still works perfectly with various food items. It is especially handy if you have children - I have used it to cook chicken nuggets, vege strips, dumplings, steak, and the list goes on. I strongly recommend you to get a double layer to utilise the space within the basket. Cleaning is a bit of a bummer and it can be hectic to clean the bottom part of the fryer, but it is worth the trouble! Highly recommended!

Date PurchasedAug 2017
Hi Viv, We appreciate the effort of sharing this with us. This is very valuable information for our development team. Thanks again and we wish you all the best with your Airfryer. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Absolutely fantastic

Very satisfied, this is my second Philips airfryer. Upgraded from smaller version, still use both. Cook chicken, chips, reheat, cakes, brownies frozen foods. Most things have tried are very successful. Love, love, love it. They both sit on my bench and are my go to cooking appliance every day. They are brilliant.

Date PurchasedApr 2014
Hi Val, Thanks for your feedback, We're delighted the Airfryer has been working so well for you. Happy cooking! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

LOVE IT!

Literally love this thing to death! We can't tell the difference with most foods bar things like hot chips when they've been airfried. The chips the only difference is that they're not dripping in oil and you'd think they'd been oven baked...Everything tastes exactly the same as deep fried but has 50% less fat to it!

We've used our airfryer almost every day for 2 yrs now and it's not missed a beat. Its even cooked roast porks to perfection! We really love it and highly recommend it to families and singles. We are a couple and can cook a whole packet of maccains beer battered fries in it easily.
It also cooks mini quiches in darriole(sp?) molds really well too. As well as things with puff pastry. It get the pasty well cooked and fluffy all over unlike our coil oven which will burn the bottom but leave food raw on top.

Cooks crumbed fish (from a box), spring rolls, and dim sims to perfection as well.. We love that we can just press the star and it goes for the amount of time we've set as a favourite. Seems to work for everything.

The only downside is that i'm scared to put the plastic handled baskety bit into the dishwasher, because, being plastic i'm not sure how long i'd last. But that's really just nitpicking lol. We don't need to clean it very often as nothing really sticks to it anyway and the steel catcher that holds the dripped oil is heavy duty and comes out perfectly brand new clean after a go through the dishwasher.

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Thanks for your review, Hethr. It's wonderful to read that you've become such a fan of the AirFryer, so much so that you've been become quite the expert in cooking with the device! As for the basket, don't worry: this is dishwasher proof. We hope you'll enjoy your AirFryer for a long time to come! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Teamoh fantastic thanks so much!

Great, multipurpose cooking appliance

Despite what you might think with the title "airfryer", this is actually a great little cooking appliance for basically anything you'd cook in your oven.

Cooks food much faster, but very thorough so it isn't just cooking the outside while leaving the inside still cold. Great lower fat option for chips and great for baking vegetables and the like.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hi there Daniel, Thank you for sharing this valuable feedback with us. We're happy to hear you're enjoying your Airfryer so much. Happy frying! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

Good for lots of things

I have found that an airfryer is good for certain things but not everything.
froze fish, chips, nuggets etc I find its actually better than the deep fryer - not just in terms of being heathier but it tastes better.
Some things though I still find are better fried, but all in all happy

Date PurchasedMar 2017
Hi Kylie, great to hear you're enjoying the low-fat fish, chips, and nuggets! Thanks so much for sharing your view on the AirFryer. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Reliable rand with good quality

I have ought this air fryer after seeing all advertisement in the TVs alone. I found his is a very useful product and you can use this for almost more than one kilo of chips for an example in I. it is wise to buy the bigger capacity one rather than the small one under the same brand. I do not find any problem with the product itself. It is easy to operate and maintenance as well.

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Excellent! That's what we like to hear and thanks for sharing. :) Kind regards, The Philips Australia TeamHi Tanvir, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We're happy to hear you find it easy to use! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Amazing and quick to use

Amazing cookwear for roast lamb, chicken, sausages, vegetables, hot chips or anything. The fryer drains all the fat leaving the food moist and juicey. I would highly recommend for anyone who is trying to lose weight or wants a quicker faster way to cooking food. The smallest size is great for two people.

Date PurchasedMay 2018
Hi Emily, it's wonderful to hear that the Airfryer has become such a staple in your kitchen, and you find the Airfryer quick and easy to use. Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

quick, clean, great appliance

Great Product, doesn't take up much room, easy to clean, and cooks in under half the time of the oven, great product. Really comes into its own when cooking from frozen and quick meals for one. And very handy for quick eats when friends drop in unannounced! The only down side is the cord is a little short.

Date PurchasedJan 2018
Hey there, Thanks for sharing your kind review here with us. It's great to hear the Airfryer has been a beneficial addition to your kitchen set up. And who doesn't love some help to provide your spontaneous friends with a tasty meal. :) Thanks again, and take care! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

See all Philips Premium Collection Airfryer reviews

Hi I have the Phillip's hd9240 rapid air fryer. I set the timer and temperature but the fan doesn't switch on. What could the problem be? The fryer is still fairly new. About 2 months only.
The fan switches on as soon as you turn it on if not than you have a fault return product to shop.Hi there Feroza, Thanks for reaching out to us here and sorry to read about the difficulties you're currently experiencing with your Airfryer. In order to investigate this matter more thoroughly, we kindly ask you to reach out to our Care Team via 1300 363 391 (0800 658 224 if you're in New Zealand). That is the quickest way to get in touch with our experts and find out if the fan is indeed broken or if there's something else that can be done to get the issue fixed. They'll be more than happy to assist you with this! Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Dear Sir, I have air fryer ( 9206AD - 4 // Type HD 9240 , 2095 watt , White ) fan is not working, what can i do for solve it? I want to know fan specifications such as voltage, amps, so i can test it alone or replace it.
Hi Abdo, thanks for reaching out to us regarding this. We'd advise against tinkering with the device yourself, as we can't guarantee your safety, and the quality of the device if original parts have been altered, or the device has been opened up. But please know that we're more than willing to see how we can help you in this situation. Could you instead give us a call on 1300 363 391 (AU), or on 0800 658 224 (NZ)? Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

Bought a brand new Phillips 9240. On the first use, the fan stopped working while cooking. Now, element comes on and heats up but no fan running. Any ideas?
Hi Don, thanks for reaching out. First of all, great to hear that you've chosen the Airfryer XL. That's a mighty beast, at least when it's working properly. We're afraid that there's something wrong with your machine, and therefore we kindly recommend you to contact either the store or our customer care. If you prefer reaching out to us, we kindly recommend you to reach out to our product specialists on 1300 363 391 if you're based in Australia or on 0800 658 224 if you're based in New Zealand. Please know that you can always reach out to our customer care on Facebook or Twitter (@PhilipsCare) as well. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team

CategoryAir Fryers