4300, 4500 HX6823/16 (Light Blue), 5100
Listing monitored by Philips

4.4
  • Battery Life
  • Sensitive Teeth/GumsYes (1) · No (2)
LilyNSW, 2150

Too aggressive - wears down tooth enamel

Purchased in December 2019.

Charles C.
Charles C.Sydney, NSW

Quite good value

You get your money's worth, sleek and modern design with easy to use button and convenient charging. Gentle on the teeth and works quietly and efficiently. One of the best electric toothbrush on the market. Easy to use and very powerful. I would definitely recommend this model.

Purchased in April 2020.

aquitania
aquitaniaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Really liked this until it died

I was very happy with this product but just outside of one year, it has died. Its still under warranty as its two years.
Philips are sending me out a replacement handle only. Hopefully it will last longer.
Its quite disappointing as Ive had Oral B's that have lasted for some years. I thought i'd change brands and try Sonicare as I had heard they clean very well.
Its true. i have found it to be quite good to use but its ridiculous to have them pack up just outside of one year, considering the purchase price.

****Update*****
They sent an inferior model as replacement. I requested a refund which they're still considering. This is ridiculous and taking way too long. Never again.

Purchased in April 2019 at David Jones Retail Stores for $76.00.

Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Find out how Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean compares to other Electric Toothbrushes & Flossers

Philips Sonicare stops/pauses during brushing

All Sonicare brushes stop/pause during brushing. This is incredibly annoying. If you are in a hurry in the morning and need 10 more seconds of brushing to feel clean and the brush stops - it is so annoying. Objectively the delay is small but why would you design a device to annoy customers. If you insist on forcing your customers to use a timer then beep don't pause/stop. Better still make the timer optional. Forcing customers to comply is poor logic anyhow. Fix this and you have a feature that many will choose to use and that makes you better than Oral B.

Philips S.Philips

Your feedback is appreciated, Jason. If you ever have any questions about any of our products, don't hesitate to get in touch through aforementioned channels!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

reaver821
reaver821Sydney, NSW

Great toothbrush

A great Electric Toothbrush that cleans better than oral b.
Excellent battery life, easy to use and the less expensive brushes in Sonicare’s line.
The down side is molds easily grow in the brush head, harder to clean thenoral b.

Purchased in September 2019 at David Jones Online Store for $99.00.

TeganP
TeganPWatsonia

Great Electric Toothbrush, has converted me!

This is a great Electric Toothbrush that has my teeth feeling cleaner than ever before! I love the colour and the compact design and the travel case makes it easy to take with me when traveling.

Mary
Mary

Best Invention!

My teeth felt instantly cleaner. And I felt like they were getting a deep clean. More than what a manual toothbrush can provide. So sleek & stylish too! Great easy to use product.

Jess
Jess

Outstanding

I loved this toothbrush and by the second week had purchased one for my husband too! I noticed my teeth looked so much whiter, felt cleaner and it was so easy to use! After sharing my results on social media I had only 100% positive experiences from other people too. It’s the best toothbrush I have ever used!

MFM1111
MFM1111Sydney, NSW

I love this! My teeth feel brighter and cleaner. It’s so easy to charge, looks so stylish and sleek too, it’s a great size for a electric tooth brush. Love it

Linda K
Linda KSydney

My teeth are noticeably whiter

My husband commented tonight that my teeth look whiter. At first I wasn't used to the super quick movements of the advanced sonic technology but now it feels like I'm having a professional clean every time I brush. The pressure sensor ensures I don't push too hard and my gums have not bled at all since I've started using this toothbrush.

Zahra
ZahraGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best thing I ever brought!

Love my new toothbrush! Such a better clean my teeth feel amazing

C_L
C_LMelbourne

Great toothbrush

An effective and gentle clean. Easy to use - the charge lasts for around 2 weeks. My teeth have been feeling so clean since brushing with the Philips Sonicare. A great toothbrush!

Diana
Diana

What a wonderful way to brush teeth!

The gentleness of the bristles make this tooth brush a wonderful experience! I look forward to having fewer visits to the dentist. I love the color also. The grip is also comfortable

Remarkably clean teeth

My teeth feel remarkably cleaner after brushing with my Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4300. The brush handset itself is very smooth and sleek, the docking station sits nicely, and is very unobtrusive at the basin. The two different brushing intensities are really nice and I love the little vibrations that let you know if you’re pushing too hard. It’s a great toothbrush and since I’ve started using it my teeth feel cleaner longer.

Handful
HandfulSouth East Queensland, QLD

What a brilliant product

Apart from looking super sleek and stylish, this toothbrush is phenomenal! The change to the way my teeth look and feel after only a few weeks of using it is incredible. I love everything about it!

Lesliasked
Sonicare ProtectiveClean

Hi, I've been using the Sonicare for THIRTY YEARS, and I love it. For the people complaining about the Quadrapacer, this is a feature; you're supposed to brush each quadrant of your mouth for thirty seconds.

My question: I moved to Australia from the US, and I don't have 240 outlets. Which model can either be charged via USB, or has replaceable batteries?

Thank you.

Philips S.Philips

Great to hear you're a fan, Lesli! You would be looking for one of the models that come with the USB travel charger, such as this one: https://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HX9362_67/sonicare-diamondclean-sonic-electric-toothbrush. Most of the newer Diamond Clean toothbrushes come with this USB travel charger. You can find an overview of all the available models here: https://www.philips.com.au/c-m-pe/electric-toothbrushes/latest#availability=instock. Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
The Philips Australia Team

Lesli

Thank you for your help!

Get an answer from our members and Philips representatives

Compare all 6 Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean
CategoryElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & FlossersElectric Toothbrushes & Flossers
Price (RRP) $109.00$109.00$189.00$359.00
PurposeBrushingBrushingBrushingBrushing
FeaturesCharging Case and TimerCharging Case and TimerCharging Case, Smart Sensor, Timer and Travel CaseCharging Case, Smart Sensor, Timer and Travel Case
Battery Life14 days14 days14 days14 days
Brushing / Flossing Modes1133
Brush Heads / Flosser Tips Included1122
BatteryInternalInternalInternalInternal
Manufacturer Warranty2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)2 year(s)
Colour / FinishBlackWhitePinkBlack and White