MPN: HX6321-03
4.0 from 1 review

Good for kids but high maintenance

Please note that this is the Bluetooth version. If you google it, you will see the packaging is different from the standard ones.

In all honestly my three year old ran for her life when I first switch on the vibrations. I should have expected that though, which 3yo isn't scared of things that vibrates and suppose to put that in mouth. In fact, after the initial experience she ran for her life every time she saw my hand reaching for the toothbrush. It vibrates significantly stronger than other kids oscillating toothbrush.

That said, few days later I made it into something fun for her. Vibrating the brush head on my cheeks and making funny faces while in contact. That made her buck up some courage to come in contact with the toothbrush. Convincing her that the naughty bugs on her teeth will not go away unless she turn on the vibrations so the naughty bugs run for their life wasn't too hard.

There after, it was smooth sailing for me.
Sure it took a while for her to accept the tooth brush, but whatever it's worth, she willingly take the initiative to brush her teeth every morning and night. I had to fight her for the tooth brush so she will stop brushing after every glass of water or snacks.

While that didn't last, it is so much easier to brush her teeth from then on.

Moving on from the fun affair.

It does brushes noticeably cleaner. Especially with the stain she accumulates daily on her teeth surfaces. It removes easier and faster.

She is learning how to brush according to the app provided. It is connected via Bluetooth and knows when she stops brushing. She will aim for the two minutes mark in order to get the reward. Never seen her brushing so diligently before.

Also, the brush head is much flatter than their oscillating cousins. It takes little effort at all to reach the back of the teeth and it isn't painful for her. Some oscillating brushes stretches out her cheeks too much and she hates it.

The design of the toothbrush is well enough not to have places that collects water and residue much at all. I had one previous bad experience with gluggy chunk of black stuff on a non waterproof toothbrush body. The sonicare on the other hand didn't have those water and residue traps and any marks between the brush head and body can be very easily cleaned.

There is also no mysterious pinhole on the back of brush head itself unlike some other brands. That is unhygienic as far as I am concnered.

The app don't really entertainment her long each day, and she don't really look forward to playing with the app that much other than getting the presents. So her interests on the little monster didn't last more than a few minutes a day. Still she looks forward to the rewards.

On days where she brushes without the app, there is no memory storage in the toothbrush to transfer the activities to the app when it's next turned on. That is quite a bummer but not a deal breaker.

The downside is the cost of the brush heads. Why does all Sonicare brush heads seems so expensive. More than $10 a brush head is very expensive to maintain. So if you aren't willing to spend $50ish a year on kids brush heads, this isn't for you.

Hi Sapphiree, Thank you so much for sharing the whole story of your daughter her first electric brushing experience. It's great to see that you'd like nothing less than the best for your child when it comes down to dental healthcare. We don't like to bear bad news, but we do feel compelled to point out that we do not recommend using our Sonicare for Kids on kids under the age of 8. That being said, it is nice that you've given an introduction to the wondrous world of electronic brushing, and of course, when she does turn 8, we do hope you choose for Sonicare. :) Thank you for your understanding. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Teamhttps://www.philips.com.au/c-p/HX6311_07/sonicare-for-kids-sonic-electric-toothbrush?&origin=|mckv|slwvyXQeK_dm&pcrid=98888957886|plid|&trackid= On this site it says it's for three years and older. I also receive a representative advice from my other sonicare review that the brush is suitable for younger ones. I also has the smaller brush head. Please advice if there are changes.Hmm it seems one of our colleagues was misinformed, Sapphiree. Thank you for pointing this out, indeed the Sonicare for kids is for kids from the age of 3 and older. :) Our apologies for the misunderstanding. Kind regards, The Philips Australia Team.

See all Philips Sonicare for Kids reviews