Pine O Cleen Glen 20

Pine O Cleen Glen 20

Glen 20

My elderley mother always uses it, but I always get sick with it soon as she does.They used it in our local bank yesterday for the Covid virus and I have been sneezing ever since and all night with bad hay fever and no sleep and after effects. I have high triggers for chemicals in products and I trust my body warning me to avoid, but in this instant in a closed building I had no choice about being exposed to it. If I wanted to I could do better sniffing ethanol at the petrol pump.

Purchased in April 2020.

qazim m.

qazim m.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Glen20

First I loved the fresh smell and feeling of killing germs and virus but later I was having difficulties breathing, chest pain and I started coughing I thought I had Covid-19, just to find out it was the Glen 20. For me Glen 20 is poison.

Purchased in March 2020 for $18.00.

Steve K.

Steve K.Sydney, NSW

The stupidity on this page hurts to read. Glen20 is great.

Glen 20 is 60% ETHANOL.......... ethanol is pretty much just ALCOHOL... which yes, does kill germs, and viruses.......... it is irrelevant if viruses can typically be considered "alive" or not, alcohol will destroy it.... it is still just DNA or RNA coated with protein and even if it is inactive outside a host? Alcohol will kill it............. that's why we use 'alcohol wipes' to clean utensils, temperature probes, and human skin prior to tattoos or piercings......... but for god sake DON'T use it as deodorant........... and yes, it may damage some plastics in the manner of a solvent.

Purchased in March 2020.

Air Fresheners & Deodorisers

Find out how Pine O Cleen Glen 20 compares to other Air Fresheners & Deodorisers

Mum

MumGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Is Glen 20 dangerous?

I sprayed it around the toilet and now the toilet seat, which was smooth plastic, is pitted. If one spray can do this to plastic, what does it do to you when you breathe it in?

Purchased in February 2020.

carla

carlaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awful can’t believe this product is on the market so dangerous

Sprayed our house with using very little of the original glen 20 spray. As it is supposed to be an antibacterial spray. I sprayed while all doors and windows are open. Made my family very sick and still sick a week later. Have breathing problems.

Purchased in August 2019 at Woolworths for $7.00.

False Advertising

Glen 20 advertises that it "kills the cold virus". This is an impossible claim. Viruses are non-living. They are non-cellular and cannot reproduce without being inside a living cell. You cannot kill something that is not alive. Don't be paying money for something that cannot do what it claims.

Johanna Bradley

Johanna BradleyFar North Queensland, QLD

Don't use too much

So my grandma used to stock up on this when it was on sale and she'd use like half a tin to spray out the toilet after grandad had been in there. The Glen 20 smell would fill the whole house and you start to really taste it in the back of your mouth. Now I can't go near the stuff without getting that nasty chemical taste from the air.
It's definitely better than general room sprays. Glen 20 does kill the germs, and you can use it to disinfect surfaces as well as fabrics etc. But I prefer a more natural product that does the same plus more... like a eucalyptus spray.

Purchased in January 2011 at Woolworths for $6.00.

Ginnia

GinniaHunter Region, NSW

Glen 20

I always had Glen 20 on hand in case of sickness in household, had not used it for a few years, but the smell was overwhelming, in nose and throats ugh, won't try it again, something in it has changed dramatically

Purchased in April 2019 at Woolworths.

Huga S.

Huga S.Perth, WA

Glenn 20 smells revolting

Gpenn 20 countru scent It smells revolting..goes into the nose and thrpat. Tastes disgusting and doesn't get rid of bad smells. Only creates one yuck yuck yuck yuck and yuck

Purchased in May 2019.

Graeme

GraemeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Do you know how dangerous this is?

Glen 20 according to Material Safety Data Sheets is up to 60% Ethanol. MSDS online says Ethanol is dangerous: The following should be worn whenever using ethanol: Respirator, Boots, Long rubber gloves, Industrial aprons, Overalls, Chemical safety goggles, Face shield. But we spray it around the house. It's really dangerous to breathe in Ethanol and Glen 20 is mostly Ethanol. The other major ingredients are at least as dangerous Propane up to 30% and Butane up to10%. There are natural products around that are just as effective and nowhere near as dangerous to our health.

Purchased in January 2019 at Woolworths for $6.80.

damien

damienGippsland, VIC

Only thing that worked

I am a 42yo that has suffered serverely from bad feet since 16 to the point of smelling them through my shoes and bleeding, my big toe nail died and the pain was extreme. I have spent 1000s on drs, speacialist and different medications all with no result. So l thought ld just try to soak in something, 1st thing l grabbed was pine o clean and no word of a lie, my feet are now perfect. I soaked them in a half/half solution 3 days a week for the 1st week. Honestly l had results the next day, l now give them a wash in it twice a month just to b sure but l honestly dont think l even need to do that. This stuff has changed my everyday life.

Purchased in December 2018.

Janine Sherry

Janine Sherry

Health hazard!!

I used to love this product. It kept the house clean with a pleasant smell. Now the formula (or at least one ingredient) has changed and it is causing extreme breathing difficulties. The smell catches in the back of the throat causing coughing and breathlessness. I'm now too frightened to use the product for fear of not being able to breathe. Bring back the original formula, this new one stinks.

Purchased in January 2019.

PurpleG

PurpleGQueensland

leaves a foul taste in mouth and pain in the throat.

It used to be my go to spray but something in the formula was changed and I can no longer use it. The taste it leaves in your mouth when walking through where you have sprayed it just so horrible. Why change an iconic product that used to be wonderful ?

What happened?

Used to be great. Now it leaves a foul taste in your mouth as soon as you spray it in a room or on a surface. Smells bad too. RIP Glen 20

Donna K

Donna KAU

Best buy for disinfectant.

Ok. I disinfect I clean I scrub. But it never is truly finished until I glen 20 it. It's like a full stop after a sentence. Its knowing that you have touched all cases and the glen 20 is there to protect you and your family. Totally love it.

brian

brian

Used to be better

This is an alright product that gets rid of germs however, it also has a different smell lately since they changed it to say pine o clean and now says dettol Glen 20 and it now smells similar to cologne or perfume

Linda

LindaMelbourne

Only spray to make my house smelling clean.

Have tried many air fresheners and they either smell disgusting or leave everything a bit wet after each spray. Glen 20 has a very pleasant smell that makes the house feel clean and refreshed.

Hazard.

it appears to me a neuro-hazard, respiratory hazard, it makes you feel irritable and it makes you feel dizzy, bitter taste when the cleaners spray the area it in mental health facility I work

This product is glen-tastic!

Great all-round anti viral/bacterial spray, especially on hard surfaces. Things like raw poultry make me cringe even after wiping down the surface with soap and water - with a follow up spray of Glen20 I know the surface is save. Great in the bathroom as a deodorant to mask horrible smells and clean the air. When you use this product the lovely scent tells you it's working.

Dangerous spray nozzle.

New spray nozzle is dangerous. The new spray nozzle squirts a stram of liquid instead of a mist. Floor tiles in wet areas become soaked and very slippery, why do manufacturers have to change things. There was nothing wrong with the old design.