Pirelli Dragon Sport

• Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Lkolo2

Lkolo2South East Queensland, QLD

Do not purchase if you do hwy driving

Purchased in July 2020 at Bob Jane T-Marts for A$899.00.

Tyre Mileage2,000 km
Car ModelHyundai Veloster FS
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
dom

domAU

Great tyres

Fitted 225/45R18 Pirelli Dragon Sports to a 2015 Mazda 3. Much better handling and very good wet weather performance. Only done 1000km so far so can't comment on wear yet, but I am confident they will last a while.

Purchased in July 2020 at Tempe Tyres for A$800.00.

Tyre Mileage1,000 km
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback) Maxx
Tyre Pressure Used40 PSI

Bad balance noisy

Had them three weeks already been back to Jax for a rebalance after two weeks. Was told one wheel was 25 grams out. Will be going back again to have the balance rechecked . Mostly highway driving. Noisy tyres compared to the original potenza's. Bluetooth phone even says too much background noise sometimes. Pirelli tyres always seemed good to me, never again. Fitted to a Vf Sv6.

Purchased in August 2020 at JAX Tyres.

Tyre Mileage1,000 km

Harman A.

Harman A.Victoria

Better than the old tyres

It’s expensive than chinese brands out there in the market but I bought them for my 2017 lancer feel like less noisy than old tyres and better handling on the Road will se how they old tyres last Around 60.000km the originals with the car

Purchased in July 2020 at Bridgestone Tyres for A$900.00.

Tyre Mileage50 km
Car ModelMitsubishi Lancer
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI
Roy Ž.

Roy Ž.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great tyre

Bob Jane talked me into these and very inpressed
Very quiet and great performance.
Ooted out of the wheel alignment, these tyres are so good they corrected the alignment themselves.
Got up this morning and they made me a coffee amd poached eggs on toast.
Can't fault these tyres, seriously.

Purchased in July 2020.

Tyre Mileage2 km
Car ModelHyundai Elantra AD
Paddy11

Paddy11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pleasantly surprised!

I got a set of these Dragon Sports on my 2007 VE SS and have been very surprised. It handles very well and I can't really complain. To handle all the V8's torque and power requires a very good tyre and these tyres don't disappoint. My first set of Pirelli's and I'd happily buy another set. Good wear and really good grip in dry and wet.

Tyre Mileage14,000 km
Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI

excellence dragon sport 4 one the best tyres i bought

ok dragon sport 4 i have 245/40/19 and 240/35/19 i bought these tryes a little road noice wet weather grip so cool,dry great trye overall cannot fault them i had bridgestone Hankook,yokhama they were great but still pirelli a lasting tyre grips fantastic u pay $200 a tyre worth it,if u tyres are smaller buy these u want wear not tear so far mine been my car 2 years now i look saturday 15th feb 2020 my tyres like brand new still amazing would i try others not now but before u buy a tyre look the year on them also

Purchased in July 2018 at Highway Tyres.

Tyre Mileage15,000 km
Car ModelHolden Commodore VF (Sedan)
Tyre Pressure Used49 PSI

same thing best tyre

Enquiries190

Enquiries190Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sport by name, sport by nature.

Running Dragon Sport 'W' speed rated tyres on four cars, two of which are turbo charged European cars. These tyres have excellent grip in all weather conditions, and despite being 40 and 45 series profiles, are reasonably quiet. Have done 30k highway driving on one set and they are wearing well with rotations every 10k.
The Dragon Sports are a price leader premium tyre, and hence why l moved from Michelin to Pirelli. I have given 5 stars based on a combination of Performance and Price.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tyroola.

Tyre Mileage30,000 km
Car Model2006-2013 Volvo C70
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

Craig BSydney, NSW

Incredible Value For Money.

Needing to replace my car tyres, I did quite a lot of research online, reading reviews and articles and eventually settled on a set of 4 Pirelli Dragon Sport XL's (size 245/45R18 100Y) purchased online via a company named Tyroola. I've had them on my car for about 6 months now and in my personal experience, they've performed flawlessly. I drive my car about 50 km's per week and to-date the tyres don't display any indications of premature wear and I conclude that they're extremely suitable for my use; driving about the city. They only put out low to moderate noise and provide a very comfortable ride. They're hands down the lowest cost, great quality tyres I've ever had fitted and I highly recommend them.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tyroola for A$648.00.

Tyre Mileage9,000 km
Car ModelHolden Commodore VF (Sedan)
Tyre Pressure Used37 PSI

The1

The1South East Queensland, QLD

Good tire as expect from the brand, similar performance can be had cheaper

Good all round tyre, dry and wet performance good, wear rate isn't to bad done 20,000km and still have maybe half tread left, using them on a NON lsd commodore and it holds grip in most conditions well unless your putting some power down. Slightly better than NS-20 Nangkang i had before and prob last's longer to but alot more expensive to.

Car1995 VS V6 Commodore
Nathan

NathanTasmania

Happy with these tyres

I brought a Mazda 6 and it needed new tyres straight away. I did some research and come across the Pirelli dragons which I asked about at Bob Jane, I was originally looking Goodyear. I have had them on the car now for 2 years, and in that time have done approximately between 15-20k kms. I realise this is not much but the terrain has varied from tarmac to gravel roads and bush tracks (family property that was left untouched for some time). There is still a significant amount of tread and traction has been great. I will look at getting this tyres again when it is time to replace. I do recommend these tyres.

CarMazda 6
Meraj

MerajNSW, 2500

Great all rounder

Got them brand new from Tempe Tyres (they usually have the best prices and good service too). I have 215/45/R17 on my '07 Subaru Liberty. They are very good and grippy tyres. Took them and drove during a blizzard in Snowy Mountains. Got sufficient wet grip during rain. Road noise is also very minimal

CarSubaru Liberty 2007
Oscar

OscarGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Awesome spec tyre!

Recently picked up 4 of these for a Toyota Aurion, amazing performances all round, the car is now driving very tightly. Even in the wet, the performance has improved drastically, really able to drive with confidence!

This slightly firmer tyre really balances out with the Aurion's bouncy suspension, giving you a much more neutral driving experience.

Definitely worth the money!

CarToyota Aurion 2009
Steven. R

Steven. R

Very reliable tire overall

I have had these tires on my 2007 Subaru Liberty which I don’t drive too softly & they have been quite good overall with grip & cornering. Also really quite good in the wet which is what I really wanted from the tire so overall its 2 thumbs up from me. :)

Car2007 Subaru Liberty Tuned by STi
Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very good tyres

Bought 4 X 225/45R17 91W Pirelli Dragon Sport for my Volkswagen Golf MK7 from Motor Sport Wheels and Tyres in Dandenong. My first impressions are very good, this tyres are nice and very well balanced. Quiet on road with excellent braking on wet and dry surfaces. This is not very expensive tyres but I will be recommended for everyone.

Car2013 Volkswagen Golf MK7 103TSI Highline

Find out how Pirelli Dragon Sport compares to other Passenger Tyres

So much better than the Bridgestones

Great grip, low noise, good wearing, low cost.
Much better than the much more expensive Bridgestone Potenzas - the noise went to the back of the car when I replaced the front 2! Couldn't believe the difference!
After another 12 months I'm buying a 2nd pair to replace the rears so I'll now have 4 Pirellis. :-)

Car2010 VW Golf GTI
Rory Race

Rory RaceNSW

Awesome and relatively cheap.

Really good tyres. Road noise is low and they perform great in the wet. They will stop on a dime and don't slide around in the wet.

The Pirelli Dragon Sports wear really well. I haven't noticed any unusual wearing in certain spots either.

I have bought another 4 for my other car. Would recommend.

CarToyota Corolla
Kevin

Kevin

Purchased for my mazda 3 mps, very durable, comfort and long lasting tyres.

Very efficient and worth the money at the given price point compared to other tyres.

If you want a tyre that will outlast others in the same price range, definitely go for this tyre as it is built to last.

CarMazda 3 MPS
Will

WillSydney

Great for driving long distances

I typically drive highways back and forth on the motorway and on country roads and the tyres are doing very well. They grip quite well on wet roads. I got these tyres for a decent price and they're good for an all-rounder style driving. They don't slip and they don't screech when I go around corners or roundabouts. I've bought poor quality tyres for the same price which have slipped in roundabouts so never again.

Car2016 Golf GTI
Deano

Deano

Just put a set of Pirelli Dragon Sports on my Toyota 86, and what a difference. As everyone know the stock tyres are crap. The Pirelli's have far better grip in dry & wet conditions. I also think the ride is a bit softer. Maybe not quite as quiet but hard to tell. Not sure how long they will last only time will tell. Oh BTW paid $125 ea fitted 215/17 45.

CarToyota 86

Shane

Shaneasked

What is the best price for dragon sport peralli 235 /40 r18? Cheers

Craig B

About 10 months ago, I searched for the best price and ended up buying mine online at tyroola.com.au. Unfortunately, at present they're sold out on that site; obviously popular tyres. To give you something to go by regarding a good price, the most recent price they were being sold on Tyroola was $115 / tyre (even lower price than what I paid) and the fitting would've cost about $90 to $116, depending on where you would've chosen to have them fitted. I hope this 'benchmark' price helps you find a good deal; if you're in Sydney then someone else recommended getting them from Tempe Tyres. For the record, here's the link to the page on tyroola.com.au -

David R.asked

Trying to decide between the Pirelli Dragon sport and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. 235/40/R18. Driving a 2017 A250 4matic. Any recommendations? I was leaning towards the Michelin only because I'm running the Michelin Pilot sport 3's on all 4 right now (got the car with them). The Michelin are definitely more expensive though :S
Suggestions?

Craig B

Hi David, Well, I can only share my knowledge gained from my experience with Pirelli Dragon Sport; they're great tyres and considering the price, excellent value. No doubt the Michelin's are pretty good based on my knowledge of Michelin's great reputation, but Pirelli has an equally great reputation. I'm a big Formula 1 Grand Prix racing fan and Pirelli supply the tyres for F1 GP so that was my primary reason for taking an interest in what tyres were available to me for my car. I did quite a lot of research reading both professional motor vehicle industry reviews as well as 'member of the public' reviews; in the end, I felt confident with buying Pirelli Dragon Sport and about 9 months later I can't be happier.

David R.

Thanks Craig, that's just the response I needed!

KevinJ