Pirelli Dragon Sport

Pirelli Dragon Sport

See the Best Passenger Tyres in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Pirelli? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.5
  • Wet Weather Handling
  • Durability
  • Dry Weather Handling
Jeremy
JeremySydney, NSW

Great for MB W205 C Klass

Purchased in February 2021 at Tempe Tyres for $235.00.

Danger
DangerSouth East Queensland, QLD

cheap thrills,

I'm in a 370z. I'm not a pensioner, but I'm no p-plater in a commodore either. For the price, they're a pretty good tyre. But as far as tyres go, I'd call them midrange. Very noisy on the highway. If I drive real easy for 2 more months it'll be12months and 25000kms out of the rears, perhaps another 5-8000kms on the fronts. An excellent tyre for most people, maybe midrange for sportier drivers.
I don't know if it's my rims (stock) or the tyres, but there were a LOT of weights added for balancing. I'd get them again, except 370's have a lot of road noise and these don't help.

Purchased in May 2020 at JAX Tyres for $940.00.

Other Passenger Tyres

If you like grip, or simply want to feel safer on the road, this is it.

I've had RE003s in the past, amongst a whole lot of other tyres. These Dragon Sport tyres are by far the best performance for the price. I didn't expect much from them in the beginning, but after having driven on these for some time now I'm thoroughly impressed. Wet or dry, these things stick to the road well. I wish tyre companies would make more tyres like these. The only thing that remains to be seen is the tread life, but in general the grippier the tyre the shorter they last. So I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't last as long as other inferior tyres. Not an issue though, as I value my life and safety over cost savings.

Nito S.
Nito S.South East Queensland, QLD

Awesome tyres !

Bought 4 of them about 6 months (12,000 km) ago, 225/45/18 for my 2016 Toyota Camry RZ.
They have been performing really well so far, both on dry and wet condition. It is slightly more noisy than the original Bridgestone Turanza but definitely better than the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. I was disappointed with the PS4 as they are a lot more expensive but very soft tyres that they were gone within 25,000 km. With Dragon Sport, even though only 12,000km so far but still looks new, compare with SP4 when it was 12,000km mark. Overall, Pirelli Dragon Sport is very good quality tyres and very well priced and seems the tyres are very well suited for Australian condition.

Purchased in August 2020 at JAX Tyres for $239.00.

Lkolo2
Lkolo2South East Queensland, QLD

Do not purchase if you do hwy driving

Purchased in July 2020 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $899.00.

dom
domAU

Great tyres

Fitted 225/45R18 Pirelli Dragon Sports to a 2015 Mazda 3. Much better handling and very good wet weather performance. Only done 1000km so far so can't comment on wear yet, but I am confident they will last a while.

Purchased in July 2020 at Tempe Tyres for $800.00.

Bad balance noisy

Had them three weeks already been back to Jax for a rebalance after two weeks. Was told one wheel was 25 grams out. Will be going back again to have the balance rechecked . Mostly highway driving. Noisy tyres compared to the original potenza's. Bluetooth phone even says too much background noise sometimes. Pirelli tyres always seemed good to me, never again. Fitted to a Vf Sv6.

Purchased in August 2020 at JAX Tyres.

Harman A.
Harman A.Victoria

Better than the old tyres

It’s expensive than chinese brands out there in the market but I bought them for my 2017 lancer feel like less noisy than old tyres and better handling on the Road will se how they old tyres last Around 60.000km the originals with the car

Purchased in July 2020 at Bridgestone Tyres for $900.00.

Roy Ž.
Roy Ž.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great tyre

Bob Jane talked me into these and very inpressed
Very quiet and great performance.
Ooted out of the wheel alignment, these tyres are so good they corrected the alignment themselves.
Got up this morning and they made me a coffee amd poached eggs on toast.
Can't fault these tyres, seriously.

Purchased in July 2020.

Paddy11
Paddy11Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Pleasantly surprised!

I got a set of these Dragon Sports on my 2007 VE SS and have been very surprised. It handles very well and I can't really complain. To handle all the V8's torque and power requires a very good tyre and these tyres don't disappoint. My first set of Pirelli's and I'd happily buy another set. Good wear and really good grip in dry and wet.

excellence dragon sport 4 one the best tyres i bought

ok dragon sport 4 i have 245/40/19 and 240/35/19 i bought these tryes a little road noice wet weather grip so cool,dry great trye overall cannot fault them i had bridgestone Hankook,yokhama they were great but still pirelli a lasting tyre grips fantastic u pay $200 a tyre worth it,if u tyres are smaller buy these u want wear not tear so far mine been my car 2 years now i look saturday 15th feb 2020 my tyres like brand new still amazing would i try others not now but before u buy a tyre look the year on them also

Purchased in July 2018 at Highway Tyres.

same thing best tyre

Enquiries190
Enquiries190Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Sport by name, sport by nature.

Running Dragon Sport 'W' speed rated tyres on four cars, two of which are turbo charged European cars. These tyres have excellent grip in all weather conditions, and despite being 40 and 45 series profiles, are reasonably quiet. Have done 30k highway driving on one set and they are wearing well with rotations every 10k.
The Dragon Sports are a price leader premium tyre, and hence why l moved from Michelin to Pirelli. I have given 5 stars based on a combination of Performance and Price.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tyroola.

Craig BSydney, NSW

Incredible Value For Money.

Needing to replace my car tyres, I did quite a lot of research online, reading reviews and articles and eventually settled on a set of 4 Pirelli Dragon Sport XL's (size 245/45R18 100Y) purchased online via a company named Tyroola. I've had them on my car for about 6 months now and in my personal experience, they've performed flawlessly. I drive my car about 50 km's per week and to-date the tyres don't display any indications of premature wear and I conclude that they're extremely suitable for my use; driving about the city. They only put out low to moderate noise and provide a very comfortable ride. They're hands down the lowest cost, great quality tyres I've ever had fitted and I highly recommend them.

Purchased in February 2019 at Tyroola for $648.00.

The1
The1South East Queensland, QLD

Good tire as expect from the brand, similar performance can be had cheaper

Good all round tyre, dry and wet performance good, wear rate isn't to bad done 20,000km and still have maybe half tread left, using them on a NON lsd commodore and it holds grip in most conditions well unless your putting some power down. Slightly better than NS-20 Nangkang i had before and prob last's longer to but alot more expensive to.

Car1995 VS V6 Commodore

Nathan
NathanTasmania

Happy with these tyres

I brought a Mazda 6 and it needed new tyres straight away. I did some research and come across the Pirelli dragons which I asked about at Bob Jane, I was originally looking Goodyear. I have had them on the car now for 2 years, and in that time have done approximately between 15-20k kms. I realise this is not much but the terrain has varied from tarmac to gravel roads and bush tracks (family property that was left untouched for some time). There is still a significant amount of tread and traction has been great. I will look at getting this tyres again when it is time to replace. I do recommend these tyres.

CarMazda 6

Shane
Shaneasked

What is the best price for dragon sport peralli 235 /40 r18? Cheers

Craig B

About 10 months ago, I searched for the best price and ended up buying mine online at tyroola.com.au. Unfortunately, at present they're sold out on that site; obviously popular tyres. To give you something to go by regarding a good price, the most recent price they were being sold on Tyroola was $115 / tyre (even lower price than what I paid) and the fitting would've cost about $90 to $116, depending on where you would've chosen to have them fitted. I hope this 'benchmark' price helps you find a good deal; if you're in Sydney then someone else recommended getting them from Tempe Tyres. For the record, here's the link to the page on tyroola.com.au -

David R.asked

Trying to decide between the Pirelli Dragon sport and the Michelin Pilot Sport 4. 235/40/R18. Driving a 2017 A250 4matic. Any recommendations? I was leaning towards the Michelin only because I'm running the Michelin Pilot sport 3's on all 4 right now (got the car with them). The Michelin are definitely more expensive though :S
Suggestions?

Craig B

Hi David, Well, I can only share my knowledge gained from my experience with Pirelli Dragon Sport; they're great tyres and considering the price, excellent value. No doubt the Michelin's are pretty good based on my knowledge of Michelin's great reputation, but Pirelli has an equally great reputation. I'm a big Formula 1 Grand Prix racing fan and Pirelli supply the tyres for F1 GP so that was my primary reason for taking an interest in what tyres were available to me for my car. I did quite a lot of research reading both professional motor vehicle industry reviews as well as 'member of the public' reviews; in the end, I felt confident with buying Pirelli Dragon Sport and about 9 months later I can't be happier.

David R.

Thanks Craig, that's just the response I needed!

KevinJ