Pirelli P7

Pirelli P7

WHEELSPIN

Well, i just bought c200k coupe with p7's on them. Tyres are old enough BUT i have had so many cars with so many tyres and i was selling tyres too - working in store. I have never ever seen tyres dangerous like these. The only reason i found this conversation coz I'm afraid and googled some info. I cannot launch the car even from 2k rpm, abs and esp are lighting like a chrismas tree. Wheelspin even on third gear shift and damnd my car is not as fast at all.

CarMB C200K COUPE

Worst grip

İ changed from cinturato p7 to normal p7. My breaking distance gets longer and noisy. İ reli feel unsafe. And it is like i am driving on ice. Tracking control is also worse than cinturato. İ ll try to change them as soon as possible. Hope pirelli will hear us.

CarAudi a 3 sedan

mon5terAU

have 2 cars with the p7 both sets have delaminated one sent me in a spin off the road

Carsubaru wrx 215,45,17 celica gt4 215,45,17

iviauMelbourne

Great all round tyre

Have had the P7's on a Peugeot 307 wagon (now near end of second set) and found the tyres to have very good wet and dry grip, good cornering and response. Reasonable life approx 40-50,000 K on FWD, and can get a bit noisy when near end of life. For the price and performance I think they are a good medium to upper end tyre.
    Grip and response
    Can get noisy when near end of life

Great value and performance

Second set, fitted by Jaxx Geelong. I got 85000 on the first set and am on 80000 on my second. A lot of highway Kms, with proper pressures and rotations theses tyres are awesome.
    Brilliant with a load in the tray and great in the wet!
    Very happy with theses tyres, for value, grab these!
    Price, grip and longevity (unless you drive like a p-plater!)
    Didn't get 100,000 Kms!

skis_not_enoughAU

Impressed

T V

T VAU

Best all rounder

Had these on my BA Falcon and got about 70k out of them never had a worry about traction very comfortable put them on my Vy Berlina same result fantastic safe tyre won't change for anything. Bought them from Jax Liverpool . They do me a fantastic wheel alignment makes all the difference.
    Excellent grip wet and dry, no tyre screech around corners, comfy and silent
    Wish I could get 100k out of them

Hueyoz

HueyozMelbourne

Very Noisy

OEM equipment on our Golf 6, and not impressed. Great mileage, have done 50,000klm and they're only about 60% worn, but they're very noisy on the road, and have quite high rolling resistance too. Handling in the dry and wet is fine, but the mileage is the only place they really shine.

Clive14

Clive14LOGAN

Great tyre

Have had Pirelli P7 tyres on my 2007 Chrysler 300C from new and have done over 66000kms since buying the car in Feb 2008. Service people have told me I could get another 4,000 to 5,000kms before they will be illegal, so I am very happy with 70,000kms from these tyres and car still handles well. I am a little surprised by the negative comments about these tyres since I have done so well with them. I was planning on replacing with the same tyre, but I'm wondering if the quality has changed since they were originally fitted on my Chrysler.
    Great handling and wear.

Long Lasting...Yeah right!

Asked Jaxx tyres for a long lasting tyre as the cheaper previous tyres on our Falcon only lasted about 30000k's and was informed the Pirelli p7 was superb, 30000k's later they were completely bald, despite the average service and information from Jaxx for the price I would say the worst tyre ive used, good comfy ride and handling but when the cost of tyres puts a decent whole in any budget the expection of long lasting tyres is a big priority. Overall good features ie ride, noise etc but cost v lifespan a big fat zero
    The free shirt after complaining to Jax.....
    Lifespan....and the terrible advice from Jax tyres! Not designed for the harsh Aus climate and roads!!!

SIMMO
    SIMMO
    cityview

cityview

When new, my Mazda 3 was fitted with Bridgestones, despite all care they became noisier over time, which you kind of get used to. Tyre dealers I spoke to said it was a common problem. The difference, or lack of noise, when I had the P7s fitted in Sept.2010(great deal at Bob Jane's)was remarkable. I am VERY happy with my P7s and would recommend them to any other driver.
    Great handling in wet or dry conditions that gives a you a feeling of confidence & security. You know where you're at with this tyre. Very quiet.

Trent Smith
    Trent Smith

How much did you get it for at Bob Jane? I have a Mazda 6 and looking for a quiet tyre

John40404040

Getting these fitted at Bob Jane tomorrow. They quoted $150 per tyre which was the cheapest anywhere inc fitting and balance.

maybe should have mentioned my tyre size 205/55/r16

JohnE430AU

A good grippy safe tyre smooth as silk.

I had an old set of Pirelli P6000s which were original equipment on my Mercedes E430. The old P6000s were getting tired and it was rather too easy to activate the traction control. P6000's were no longer made so the new P7's fixed this, as well as fixing the ride, making it less sloppy and "Lexus like"; making it feel firmer and more "Benz like". Trick is to run them at 36psi.

They seem to hold very well in the wet & bendy Blue Mountains.
    Very smooth on the motorways, grippy in the wet and dry.
    Fronts can tend to understeer at low speed. At $250 a corner they don't come cheap.

JohnE430

Just about to replace these after 70,000km so they wear well too. Helps to get the tyres regularly serviced with the Bob Jane tyre service programme.

dmann

dmannAU

Proverbial jack of all trades, master of none.

I bought these tyres for $189 ea in 235/45R17 for my VT Commodore. Great grip in dry and wet conditions, reasonably comfortable ride, quiet enough, good tread life, nice looking; all in all an excellent balance for everyday use and mildly spirited use.
    Reasonably priced, great grip in dry and wet conditions, reasonably comfortable ride, quiet enough, good tread life, nice looking.
    Nothing major.

Zennen

ZennenAdelaide

Performance Tourer

Great value

Smooth ride, quiet, steering wheel seems to be lighter now. Nice threads, good handling in dry and wet.

Price isn't too bad, great value. Had Yokohama A.drive before and I can say P7 is far better tyre.
    Good value, great handling, quiet, good grip

David5656
    David5656

Alex10

Alex10GOSFORD

Ok Tyre, Not that great when compared to Yokohama C Drive.

I was informed by JAX that these were excellent tyres, in both wet and dry and very comfy and quiet. When all 4 sets were installed, these tyres were good in wet and dry, but not very comfy or quiet when compared to Yokohama C Drive. The rubber compounds used in Pirelli 7 appears to deteriorate over time after some 30,000kms, performance reduced. Yokohama C Drive tyres however remained constant, no loss in performance or deterioration of the rubber compound used in Yokohama Tyres after some 30,000kms in my other vehicle.
    Good grip in wet and dry before 30,000kms.
    Performance reduced after 30,000kms, not as quiet or comfy when compared to Yokohama C Drive.

drwevil

drwevil

Very quiet tyre.... well in comaprison to the stock Goodyear somethings which were horrible in just about everything especially road noise.
    Great grip wet or dry and the last set lasted 50000 mostly freeway driving

Excellent all round tyre. Able to carry a full weight Commodore to a 12.5 second pass with a 1.7 second 60' at the track with only 30% tread. Needs to be fairly warm to maintain grip though and this does reduce tyre life. Although I have put nearly 80 passes on them and they have only just reached the wear indicators.
    Outstanding grip on wet or dry roads.

Robourne

RobourneAU

Pirelli P7 delaminating

Our son and us had these tyres on our brand new Volvo cars when we bought them. Our son's car had one tyre delaminate at about 30,000km and one of our tyres has just done the same at 45,000. I'm very pleased it wasn't me driving at the time, as we live where the speed limit is 100km and a winding road with some substantial drop-off areas. We are just about to replace the tyres anyway and we were keen to replace with the same tyre, but not any more - too dangerous as there is no warning when this happens.

dangerous delamination without warning

aleisha8

aleisha8AU

Terrible

I will never buy perelli again, they just use their name but these tyres are so bad. I dont think they have used any new technology in them either they are just an old model recycled. Dont buy this brand, my next ones will be bridgestones as I know they are fine. My old worn dunlop monzas were better, might put them back on till can afford others.
    They are terrible tyres, they handle [censored word removed] and I wish I hadnt listened to the other good reviews on here about them.
    THey handle bad in wind, Im scared of wet, and I cant even park in tight spots as well now. they have made my car [censored word removed].

Mike44

I've Just had Pirelli tyres 235/45R17 P7 put on our Holden Caprice. I don't know what we had before these but it was a much nicer ride. These feel a bit like a 4x4 truck might drive.

alex55
    alex55
    Mike44

The tyres I commented on 13th March had been supplied and fitted by Bon Janes with 45psi pressure. After I corrected this, the performance improved dramatically. The car is driving just fine now in fact very comfortably.

Kitey

Kiteyasked

I have P7s on my Suzuki Grand Vitara , 3 tyres are fairly new and 1 tyre will need replacing very soon but they seemed to stop making them and i can't find any anywhere , to find one more tyre would last for years and then replace the lot so does anyone know where i can get a new P7 from , i live in W.A. so would have to be shipped , thanks .

mon5ter

They were recalled and discontinued as they kept delaminating

Joe Giangiulio

Joe Giangiulioasked

Thinking of these or the Bridgestone potentza ? Heard Pirelli with punctures in there Run flats are not repairable while Bridgestone are ?

iviau

As far as I know the Pirelli P7 are not run flat tire. Mine certainly are not and I have had these repaired with no problem.

skis_not_enough

I too understand that the P7 is not available in a run flat version. There is alot of information about run flats on the Web, they appear to be a high end option. Once you have a puncture there is a limit to the distance that a run flat can travel, plus there are speed restrictions too.
    A tyre pressure monitoring system (TPMS) can also be used to determine if a run flat is being used at zero pressure. This can be helpful for those who are not sensitive to mechanical matters and thus be prompted to have it repaired.
    Here is a quote from Bridgestone regarding the tyre repair-
    'Preconditions include a puncture of less than 6mm for both side-reinforced type and support-ring type Run-Flat Technology tires, plus minimal damage to the support ring in case of the latter. However, it is strongly recommended that the tire is replaced as its durability will have been weakened after being repaired.'
    Q&A | BRIDGESTONE Run-Flat Technology

So it seems that repair shortens the life of a tyre, dependant upon the nature of the damage, which in turn has to do with driver awareness, and is not necessarily a brand related issue.

My current set of P7 Cinturato ( on a Subaru Forester) have been on the car for 14 months without a puncture (touch wood), which is pretty good considering the daily 10km (plus) of winding gravel road travel. Neighbours with 4WDs have had a quite a few flats. The Pirrellis have even wear and give good all round performance, just as a friend's car (a Mazda 3 with Bridgestone Ecopia), has coped well on the same road.

The death of a tyre is usually side wall damage, be it from a rock, from driving along a ditch edge or erosion gully, or from driving on a flat tyre, or scraping a sharp gutter. I have witnessed drivers as they travelled along, obvious to their tyre's condition, which was flat; so when I hear about one brand being more prone than another, a question about the circumstances and driver come to mind....

Get an answer from our members and Pirelli representatives