Plus Fitness

Plus Fitness

Great staff and management...

Most gyms offer the same service but what sets Chatswood Plus Fitness apart is their staff and service , i had my enquiry/problem regarding billing being attended to so effieciently and promptly that i never knew that service like this existed.
! Thank You Chatswood Plus Fitness and also Artarmon Plus Fitness for providing a fabulous outcome to my problem. You guys have been a real pleasure to deal with ....once again thank you very much.

Dodgy Fitness with undisclosed hidden rates!

Went to Wiley park plus fitness to sign up and I was willing to pay upfront for 3 months subscription.

But then, I was informed that it will cost me 18% extra by their working staff and they will not freeze my membership if I happen to take break because it is harder for them to just hold your membership when you pay upfront. They only insisted me to go for direct debit option to get those benefit of holding membership in the event of taking break.

Anyone who sign up for Plus Fitness, please be aware of this terms as they don't disclose it on their website.

You have to give them 2 weeks notice to freeze temporary membership and still get charged for 3 weeks after you give them written notice.

Wish there was Minus -5 stars, they totally deserve it for their dodgy practice even in 2019.

Poor service

I requested to talk with manager many times. One of the guy refused me to talk. Talking with both just made me annoying.

Allround A+

Have tried a couple of other major gyms and also local community gym, and this is by far the best for my needs for a few reasons: friendly staff - with support available for people new to gyms and fitness, flexible hours, all-access membership, no fuss attendance - in and out with security pass, there's adequate cooling with fans, and the equipment range and quality is very good. Being able to go to the gym when it's best for me, avoiding long queues for entry, and also escaping peak hours, is what I like most about Plus. The 24-hours all-locations access also means I have no excuse not to exercise for time or other reasons, so it's also good for motivation.

Local Plus Fitness is great

My local Plus Fitness is really great. Everybody is nice and I find it just perfect for my needs. Equipment is pretty good

sick as only for bulking not you time wasters

mate this gym is a class brilliant I would 100% recommend if ur in bulking season if u come And waste the equipment or staff get out now before there is trouble plus fitness u have done a well organized company I luv u

Unprofessional

Not happy with the service given by the administration staff. Calls were not returned even if the message was left. Terrible experience. Will not recommend anyone in the future.

Its the people who make the difference S- Subiaco

Not the best or the worst space/equipment but my experience its about the staff. Like anything, the bits you learn, what motivates you etc is what makes it a real benefit over and above the cost. I know its nationwide, its just my experience here - 3 years in now.

I get racial comment from store manager at Hurstville store

I am a Chinese background woman who usually able to tolerant some racial jokes ( in a friendly way). however, I think he has made into this unprofessional non-ethical "jokes" that he found funny with.
For example, “ calling people Dum-dum “ ; makes up a fake name (Jingjing) to go to Chinese restaurants or Nepalese restaurant to make fun of the owner ; "Lebanese people never learn new things, so I just tell them what to do” ;
“ Chinese people are so good, because they barely using any equipment, just on treadmill and always pay on time “ . “ Chinese people don’t understand black humour because they know know how to interact with people “ “ It’s okay, it’s beyond your understanding". “ Chinese people are the most racist kind because they don’t even know the capital city of xx. This means they don’t even care“. There are lots of sensitive words such as“ third world country “ involved in the conversation.

I really try to just focus on my training session, but this really makes feel uncomfortable. I do understand that I may be sometimes not fully understand his terminology which he feels annoyed to correct my position. I mean I only trained with him over a week and still in the progress of getting used to the position, he very annoyingly said “ you should know this in high school “ ; “ this weights can be lifted by Chinese primary student “ - which he made me to do a 38kg of clean pull. My weight is 53kg and a beginner.

I mean after I left, I was sitting in the car for a long time. I pay for the training, but this makes me feel embarrassed and so uncomfortable. I spoke with my friends ( multi cultured) about this. They encouraged me to raise this up. I am about to leave negative feedback on google review - which you can see some negative comments about his racial issue. So I texted him for cancellation.

Dont sign anything

These guys are terrible... came in for the free first week but then they said well you are better off signing up. They say no lock in contracts but you cant cancel over the phone. Even after my credit card changed they tried to keep billing me and sent it to a debt collector. The gym is also pretty bad. no steppers, limited weights

Zero stars for Plus Fitness Carlingford

Staff are rude and overbearing- you will be monitored like a prison inmate and confronted by their bulked up, aggressive staff if you so much as forget to wipe down a piece of equipment. One male staff member is a real control freak and stalked me around the gym.

Promise the world and deliver nothing

Both gyms near me were totally uninspiring. The staff spent more time on their phones than anything else. There was never anyone around to check technique or safety (unless you paid extra, of course)
Got promised a call from a PT - nothing happened. Got promised another - still nothing happened. Full of machinery with no -one to instruct you how to use it unless you happened to visit in staffed hours. Funnily enough, that's the same as the hours I worked, so invariably, there was never anyone there when I was there.
Couldn't wait to cancel my membership and so glad it did. Now at Jetts.

Plus Macquarie park - not female friendly

No room stretch or do workouts on mats. Huge rooms
Full of machine and weights but no space to get on a Mat and workout or stretch before a work out. Great gym if you want machines. Crap gym if you want to use weights and medicine balls in a Matt and stretch.

Can’t fault this gym

Been a member of this gym for the last 3 years well equipt and friendly staff also well priced!
also I like the fact you have access to other plus fitness gyms in other suburbs

If I could give them a minus I would

Worse experience ever with rude staff. I was considering joining they told me to tentatively fill out a form and come in a few days later and pay joining fee and they would activate my card and I was told if I changed my mind it was fine and just not bother coming back in so I took the guys word for it and found over a year later they had been taking out payments without my knowledge I hadn't been to the gym at all my card wasn't activated and they refused to refund the money

terrific service!

EXCELLENT VALUE. Incredibly helpful and friendly staff at Hurstville. Very smart trainer, Scott, who fixed a lot of issues I was experiencing with my knees. Thank you guys!

Rectified the situation. Happy with the outcome.

Since posting the review below, Plus Fitness agreed that it was an administration error and refunded my money in full within a week.
I've very pleased with the outcome and glad they were able to come to a reasonable outcome.
Thank you Plus Fitness.

________________________________________

On Tuesday the 26th of September 2017 at 7:24 PM I requested that my Membership with Wattle Grove Plus Fitness be cancelled via email.
I had to email the request through because I was unable to reach the Management team over the phone and I couldn’t get there in staffed hours.
I was disappointed to not get a response to my email but expected my membership had been cancelled.
However, I was shocked to discover that Wattle Grove Plus Fitness have continued to charge me.
I have been charged over $500 for a service I had requested to be cancelled!

I contacted the Manager of Plus Fitness and said:
“I would prefer to think that this was an honest mistake from Wattle Grove Plus Fitness and would like to give you the opportunity to rectify the situation. ”

Plus Fitness then responded:
“unfortunately in regards to Cancellations members are required to come in and fill out a cancellation form this is explained in your membership agreement section 23.”

So I requested a copy of my signed Contract.
There was no section 23 so I queried it again.
I was then sent a blank copy of a new Contract and Plus Fitness said
“Apologies Jess. It is in fact section 19”

The disappointing truth is that there was still no section 19 in my signed Contract!!!
They tried to pull the wool over my eyes.

I feel extremely mislead and frustrated with the lack of customer service from Plus Fitness.
I’m not one to normally make formal complaints but I feel their code of conduct is deceptive and misleading.

Before I lodge a formal complaint I welcome them to try to rectify the situation by reimbursing the money I paid after the 26th of September.

Don't give your account number direct debit

I hold my membership for 3 months and the keep take money from my account I called them many times but they didn't solve the problem.

Started direct debits again after one month of canceling

I joined plus fitness marleston SA in Oct 2016 and after one year I cancelled it in Oct 2017 got confirmation email and did everything they ask for but in Dec 2017 they renewed my membership and started direct debits again without my authorization I did not realize and its keep happening for 6 month till now Jun 2018 now I end up cancelling direct debit through the bank and applying for transactions disputes because gym is denied to refund my money back and even manager was very rude
as I read through other reviews it seems to be a common problem so be careful.

If you try to cancel membership kialla plus fitness threatens debt collection agency

Uodate: they did send through a form via email for me to fill out to cancel my membership in the end.

They market themselves as the opposite of what they are. I asked them to email me a cancellation form and initially they have failed to.