Poolpoppits

Poolpoppits

5.0 from 1 review · View Statistics
See the Best Pool & Spa Shops in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Poolpoppits? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1 review
    banterSydney, NSW

Crystal Clear

Markasked

Hi, we have changed to poppits for our spa and the water is clearer than previous however we get all get bad coughs as soon as we start the pump and have to turn it off and get out. I have heard of chloroamine gas being a risk but we have been dosing as per instructions, using quick fix to reduce chlorine from potable water supply etc, changed the water and tried again, same result. Any ideas on how to address this?

Hi Mark
    This sounds terrible plus having clear water is pointless if you can't enjoy it.
    I'm afraid I don't have the expertise needed to answer your question and suggest you take this issue up directly with Poppits. You should also get the water properly tested - I purchased my own computerise water testing unit as I could not rely on the paper strips and was getting tired of going back and forth to the local pool shop.

I did have a similar problem myself and believe it was from being too heavy handed with Sanitiser (hydrogen peroxide). When I took a more cautious approach the problem went away.

Regards - Graham

Mark

Thanks Graham, I will try lightening up on the sanitiser and see how that goes