Pope Automatic Retractable Hose Reel

Pope Automatic Retractable Hose Reel

See the Best Garden Hoses in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Pope

2.3

Jacques B.
Jacques B.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Does not retract all the way

The connectors and hose are fine but the retraction system is absolute garbage. I’ve unwound and rewound countless time trying various methods, slow, fast but nothing stops this real from winding so that the whole hose does retract. The 12m system I have works well but the 30m seems just to be too much hose for the drum. Often is stuck getting out.

Purchased in February 2021 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores for $199.00.

Photodoc
PhotodocSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not good quality from Pope.

The rewinder got stuck from new ,returned it and got a new one,used it for 1 year,it works but the moving rewind bar always jams on the slightest angle.

Sorry south australia Pope garden company not good enough.
Redcliffe QLD

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse Retail Stores.

Gary
Gary

Terrible quality

Pope quality has deteriorated over the years to become cheap garbage. Connector failed and hose split after a month. Absolute rubbish avoid and buy a different brand. Customer service completely uninterested in helping.

Poor sales trick and poor product

Purchased in November 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $189.00.

Ron
Ron
Garden Hoses

Find out how Pope Automatic Retractable Hose Reel compares to other Garden Hoses

Vlad
VladSydney, NSW

Boy, how disappointed I am

Half a year haven't passed and a gun and both connectors have failed. The gun sprung multiple leaks around the assembly seams and connectors broke the little plastic teeth (for a lack of better word) that hold them onto a 12mm adaptor. What a rubbish quality. I now wonder how long will the reel itself last, something tells me I'll be shopping for a new one pretty soon.

Purchased in March 2020 at Bunnings Warehouse for $180.00.

Joe KhooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Product worked perfectly for 2.5years

Auto Wind Hose Reel 30m is convenient to use and I would recommend it. However, after 2.5 years the retractable mechanism jammed yesterday and the product is now out of warranty. I will replace it as the $195 cost over two years is acceptable to me.

Purchased in September 2017 at Bunnings for $195.00.

Joe Khoo

Yes, I bought your new 30m retractable hose on the day of my post. Thanks guys!

Adam V.
Adam V.South East Queensland, QLD

Pope retractable hose failed - purchased from Bunnings!

I purchased 2 retractable POPE hose reels for my brand new home in 2015. The hoses have deteriorated on both, one has an issue with the retractable mechanism and both units have decayed from UV light, plastic housing looks terrible. I don't have the receipt and it's now time to replace, and not something I want to have to do as these units are quite expensive. Buyer beware!

Purchased in November 2015.

molek pine
molek pinePerth, WA

Unable to retract

Bought this Pope retractable house around 2 years plus. Recently some mechanism inside failed totally and now unable the retract. Receipt i cant find probably thrown away in box. The whole item is not cheap by any means and i expected it to last much longer as it is under a roof and protected from the external. Wrote in to pope, but nothing they can help. In short, total waste of money.

Purchased in June 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse.

Termite
Termite

Disaster

I purchased a 20m retractable garden hose. It has failed in so many ways. Extremely difficult to pull out hose, does not completely retract (leaves out 5m of hose. The entire hose has become soft and sticky with several fractures and kinks very easily and the locking mechanism no longer works. A dismal disappointment. The retailer is not the least bit interested!

Purchased in February 2018 at Mitre 10 for $179.00.

Bev S
Bev SMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Does exactly what it says on the pack

I love this product. Was so easy to install and it goes everywhere with ease. I use it to water in my back yard and it goes over the gate to water the front garden too - I don't have a tap out the front yet so this has been a God send. I've had it over two years and pretty much use it 2 - 3 days a week, it's still as good as new.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for $179.00.

Chris
ChrisMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Pope 30 metre Retractable Hose Reel

Excellent product, easy to install and use. Hose easy to pull out and very easy to retract back. It was a Xmas gift. I am a senior person and it has made my life a lot simpler to water garden. Would definitely recommend this product to people of all ages.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Ripped OffSydney, NSW

Expensive but low quality

Purchased in January 2019 at Bunnings for $179.00.

Garden Hoses

Does not do what it promises

Bought this hose at Bunnings for my elderly mum.
We chose Pope because we thought it was a great brand.
She has had it for 4 days.
Hose doesn't retract all the way, leaving about 1.5m hanging out.
It sometimes gets stuck and won't pull out any further than 5m.
Hose connection to the tap leaked straight away.
It takes a lot of encouragement to retract at all.
Maybe we just got a lemon.
It took a long time to fit it onto the brickwork and now we'll have to return it.
Very disappointed as we paid over $110 for the system.

Date PurchasedJan 2019
Graeme.of.Kensington
Graeme.of.KensingtonCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Not fit for purpose!

Bought this for a pensioner friend! First one had major defect on the mechanism, locking on pull out and not retracting properly. Took it back and it was replaced. Second one worked ok, with minor glitches in the locking on pull out, but after around 8 months all the water gushes out of the bottom of the reel with none coming out of the hose!

Date PurchasedApr 2018
ScottRock
ScottRockSouth East Queensland, QLD

Compared To Gardenline Automatic Retractable Hose Reel

Date PurchasedJan 2016

Lochsport
Lochsportasked

I have the 30 metre retractable hose reel.Can I replace the hose?

Joe Khoo

You may have to ask Pope or Bunnings. My hose was still in great condition after 4 years but the retractable mechanism failed.

Hi Lochsport,

Unfortunately you can't replace the hose. I'm assuming it's the hose that is damaged? If so, you can get a replacement from the place of purchase if it's still under warranty and you still have a receipt or proof of purchase (if you purchased on a credit or debit card then your bank statement will suffice). There's a 3 year guarantee on hose reel, mechanism and components and a 10 year guarantee on hose.

Don K.asked

absolutely crap product. I spend more time trying to get the stupid thing to retract. Should have just brought a hook. Why won't it retract?

Hi Don,

I'm sorry that you are having issues retracting the Auto Wind Hose Reel.

There may be a couple of things you can try to make it retract fully. Can you make sure that all the water has come out of the hose while retracting? You can do this by keeping your hand on the trigger of the spray gun while retracting, You can also try giving the hose a gentle tug to retract it.

If neither of these options work, please call our Customer Service team as they may able to advice you further. You can call them in 1300 134 880, Monday - Friday from 8.00am to 5.00pm CST.

Don K.

I have been trying to get it right for over 3 weeks. It just jams with 2 or 3 metres still left. I fully pull it out but it still either stops retracting or just jams. I really want my money back. I had a hoselink system in my previous house and it worked well. I have brought a hoselink now because I just want something that works without all the fuss

Hi Don,

Thank you for your reply. If you still have your receipt or proof of purchase, then you are entitled to a full refund from the place of purchase.

Jes
Jesasked

Hose pulled to the maximum but retraction not working. What to do?

See all Pope Automatic Retractable Hose Reel questions

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives