Pope Snap Shot Timer

Pope Snap Shot Timer

1.2

Poor product

Bought 2 of these timers (silly me should have read reviews first)both timers do not start manually when wanted .Reset device and still nothing. If I stand there and push start stop for 10 minutes it may just kick in.Worked fine for the first few months and started the problem and gradually got worse. Disconnected the back one and will do same to front.
Waste of money and like others I have no receipt. I have changed batteries several times and reset quite a few times.
Not a bad batch but more like a bad product.
"Once bitten twice shy"Will be looking for other brand timers!!!

Purchased in May 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$57.00.

MirriulahNorth Western Region, NSW

Good and Bad

Have about 6 of these now but have had to return 4 for replacement due to going haywire. For some reason or another those duds were all green (with one mauve). I have had one red one operating now for over 2 years without a hitch but the several green ones failed between 1st start and a week or so.
They are such a great idea and very useful in application also very economical on batteries but I am frightened to buy another green one.

Purchased in January 2018 at eBay for A$50.00.

Anthony McTigue

Anthony McTigueGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Totally Unreliable, Keeps Resetting Itself

I have two of these units bought about a year apart, both utterly unreliable though one is a little better than the other. Same resetting issue as other users. One resets on a daily basis while the other gets maybe a week or so. I came back from overseas last January to find all my plants dead. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE.

Purchased in December 2017 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

T.N

T.NAct

avoid

had 2 units, both keep on resetting after about a year like other reviewers unit. almost killed my hedges in summer, i open one unit up out of curiosity expecting water ingress and corrosion but saw nothing, the PCB look brand new, so it's just poor engineering. avoid

Purchased at Bunnings Warehouse for A$50.00.

Gazza

GazzaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Time these were withdrawn from sale!

Such an easy timer to program, but so unreliable. I persevered with these timers because I thought I’d purchased from a bad batch! Twice they didn’t shut off and cost me extra on my water bill.
I got sick of returning them to Bunnings!
I wrote an email to Pope, inquiring about the faulty timers and received no response.
Don’t waste your money!

Purchased in October 2015 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$59.95.

Ted Eggleston

Ted EgglestonCentral Queensland, QLD

Very disappointed.

After having install brand new batteries, and completed the setup, I find that despite the unit being set to start watering at 7pm for one hour, the unit is allowing water to flow all the time. I may as well have left the hose connected to the tap.

Purchased in September 2019.

Duncsy

Duncsy

Awful Product

I purchased one from Bunnings yesterday. It did not work. Display indicates all is working. However no water. Took it back today for replacement. Bunnings provided a new one without any fuss. The new one is exactly the same. Indicates all ok. No water flowing. It will go back tomorrow. I will get a different brand device. Dreadful product. No stars.

Purchased in September 2019 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$61.00.

Product Failed - Keeps Resetting itself

Like a whole lot of other unhappy customers, my Pope Snap Shot Timer has developed a resetting fault. The problem started a few months ago and was intermittent. I replaced the batteries and it has failed completely to stay working now, and it is a few weeks over the 12 months warranty. I am very disappointed with Pope. I would like a refund, but I doubt Pope will be obliging as the warranty is expired. I am as disappointed with this product as with anything I have ever bought in my life.

Purchased in May 2018.

RenoSydney, NSW

So very very disappointed in this product

Purchased in October 2018 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$70.00.

David

Faulty Product that is not worth the angst

Purchased in January 2018 for A$70.00.

bobp

bobpMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Useless product

Fell apart when I tried to connect it to the tap. Turns out that none of the four screws that hold the case together were inserted. Just empty holes. Took it back for refund and will have to find alternative product. What a pity! It seemed to be a very easy to use timer.

Purchased in March 2019 for A$57.00.

Ian2015Perth, WA

Display Flashing Often Even With New Batteries

Purchased in October 2016 at Bunnings Warehouse for A$60.00.

Useless support, not working after 1 year

The timer stopped working after replaced with new batteries, keep showing 0%. The support just told me to buy a new one if it is over 1 year old. This product is a scammed like what others said.
Please recall this product as it does not worth the money you paid for.

Date PurchasedDec 2017

Waste of money

I bought this due to me going away. I thought it would do the job of watering the garden.
I gave it a trail run once it worked perfectly. The next time it was due to turn on nothing happened.
I checked tap was on it showed on the screen it was on but no water. I believe the solenoid is faulty. Took it back to Bunnings for a full refund.
Totally a waste of money.

Date PurchasedDec 2018
Jono

JonoCanberra

POS. Why can I not select ZERO STARS?

Don't buy this product! Considering the price tag, you would expect it to be reliable for many years, however it has stopped working. It stopped working while I was away for Christmas and now my home brew hops are dead for this season. Taking it back to Bunnings right now.

Date PurchasedAug 2018

Emma

EmmaAscot Vale

Good Design - Faulty Quality

Timer is well designed and easy to use - but it randomly stops working every few weeks. This happens when we are away some times and everything pretty much dies, which is really disappointing.
I have to keep checking how the plants are looking - any signs of drooping and the timer has usually stopped working again. Screen flashes. Just press the select button to reset and it works again - but very annoying to have to keep checking.

Date PurchasedAug 2016

Pope snap shot timer

Crap timer works for a tad then just stops and the screen starts to flash. Replace batteries and the item works until the end of cycle and the same problem returns. Have tried different batteries but the unit still fails to work on continuously. With so many people having the same issue pope should do a recall.

Date PurchasedApr 2018

Disappointed

Bought 2 to replace 2 Holman timers which had failed. Both worked fine, so I bought 2 more. After 2 months 1 kept reseting (batteries 100%) every time it reached "Water Start". Replaced it (thanks Bunnings). 2 months later another failed with the same fault. Replaced it. Now a 3rd failed, with a blank screen, would not reset, no buttons working. Removing and replacing battery compartment, screen lights up with all lights, then again a blank screen, same with new batteries. I travel a lot, and rely on the watering system to keep my garden alive. Will have to find a more reliable timer. Any recommendations?
With all these bad reviews, what is Pope doing about it?

Date PurchasedFeb 2018
Poppet

PoppetAdelaide

Continually Disappointed

This product seemed to be the answer to my garden watering prayers however, over the last 3 years I have returned the product at least 7 times due to varying faults. I discovered I could live with the described by others failure of the timer flashing and then not working by checking every now and again. However, when the display shows that it is watering and no water is coming out, that's when I head to Bunnings to exchange yet again. I do this in the hope that one day this normally reliable Australian company may fix the issues and this wonderfully designed product will work for longer than 6 months. Thanks Bunnings for making the swap hassle free.

Unreliable product

This product does not work reliably . I have about 6 of them and all have failed . Initially will run OK then After a period of time The display will flash and timing function will stop . You continentally have to check if they are operating. Will start operating if you reprogram. The battery in these units was all OK

Mirriulahasked

I would like to know why there are so many helpful answers from the Pope team to faulty product reviews yet the problem seems to persist.

LizBasked

Does anyone have any tips on why my snap shot timer suddenly stopped working? I have had it for some years this is the first time. all the settings are there but no water. anything I can do? battery shows 40%.

Mirriulah

LizB you might have seen my earlier review where I mention that I have about 6 of these in operation at present. My experience has been mixed, both ends of the spectrum. Very bad or Very good there doesnt seem to be any inbetween with these. I have had about 4 or 5 replaced under warranty and strangely they were mostly green those that are continuing to function are between 6 months and 3 years old. The ones that failed were all new. I cant help you on why it stopped unfortunately but one option with digital stuff is to try replaceing the batteries with new good quality ones. Good luck.

LizB

thank you Mirriulah I saw all the reviews of this item and of Pope products and decided it best to buy something I researched instead of just going to Bunnings and buying something which looked ok. I found an analog one - I don't need digital - just very basic functions. Found Raindrip timer - seemed to have a good rating in my searches. thank you again!

Ivars Rasked

Hi, I also have a Snapshot times that does not let water through when the set time for watering arrives. Fresh batteries, clean filter. I was wondering why my plants were dying. It's only about 6 months old and I suspect it hasn't been working properly for about 2 months. Like most others, I don't keep receipts. Purchased at Bunnings. Less useful than a manual timer because at least they work.

Hi Ivars R
Check the timer - it resets itself - it took me a few days to realize this as I was thinking it was something I'd done - but no, it seems to be a failure in this product that Pope know about and are doing nothing to rectify or take good faith actions with it's customers reporting this issue. I contacted Pope as requested, and was offered a replacement and a prepaid satchel to return the faulty timer. I'm now wiping them, will take every opportunity to put people off purchasing Pope products and won't be buying them myself ever again. Try to contact Pope - but don't expect too much.

Ivars R
These timers seem to work OK for a short period, then the timer circuitry malfunctions. Like many others I put my trust in these timers when going away on holidays etc only to come back and find that at some point the timer had automatically gone into set time mode with a blinking display. Once this happens the timer is effectively useless because even if you reset the time it malfunctions again in a few days. It has nothing to do with batteries, the filter being there, or whether the timer is in the sun or shade. I have tried the single and dual tap timers and have had the same problem with both. I had an email interaction with a Pope person following the posting of my review. I concur with Reno that Pope don't want to know about/acknowledge what appears to be a systemic hardware fault, and am also conveying the same "don't buy" message to all of my gardening friends. It's a shame as these timers are potentially a class leading product - if they were not fatally flawed.

Ivars R

Thanks Guys. I've sat next to the timer several times and watched the 'on time' go past with the timer unit not switching to letting the water flow through it. Everything is normal on the display which shows that it should be watering, and is counting down the minutes as though it is watering, but no water is going through. Agree with everyone here - an item not worth purchasing.

Get an answer from our members and Pope representatives