Prime SK-D200 Kangaroo and Potato

Prime SK-D200 Kangaroo and Potato

See the Best Dog Foods in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Prime SK-D200 Kangaroo and Potato? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

4.3
  • Pet's Life StageAdult (4) and Senior (2)
  • Side Effects Yes (1) · No (6)
  • Smell

flo136
flo136AU

It’s a keeper!

My 4 yr bordoodle loves this. We used tucker time, then ivory coat but supply issues made this the only option. My girl loves it, it’s gone in a minute! We switch between the varieties but lamb and rosemary is her favourite.
My dog has never had any health issues and we haven’t noticed any bone or gristle fragments. Her coat is shiny, her weight good. The only change I noticed was softer poo. Which is more comfortable for her when she goes.
I can’t think of a bad thing to say!

Purchased at Sanderson for $12.00.

Side Effects No
DianaDi
DianaDiSunshine Coast

2021 - starting feeding DOG Prime100 Kangaroo and Pumpkin 2 KG roll - a game changer!

Purchased in January 2021 at Petbarn Physical store for $15.00.

Smell

Other Dog Foods

Simon52
Simon52Sydney

Perfect product

This product is great! It certainly helped my dog with Pancreatitis and IBD/IBS. I will always recommend this product!!
No idea why there one star reviews are on here, it looks like a competitor is not happy LOL

Purchased in August 2020 at PetStock for $14.99.

Smell
Dog Foods

anna 2016
anna 2016Perth, WA

? bad rating on prime dog roll

I am really shocked by the bad reviews, tho I only buy the prime kangaroo and sweet potato and have never had issues with bone or reactions. My dogs have been on it for a very long time and it is one of the few products my maltese can eat without causing a gut reaction i.e. blood and mucus in her stools.

Purchased in March 2020 at City Farmers for $14.00.

Smell
Sarah
Sarah

The dogs seem to like it.

My dogs always eat it when I buy it for them. One roll seems to last about 4 days with 2 small dogs.

My biggest concern is the little bits of bone all the way through the product. They are hard and sharp... surely thats not normal... the manufacturer needs to stop throwing whole bodies into the mincer I think!!

Next time I am at Petbarn, I am going to seek out a better roll to buy that doesnt have the bone through it. I just think its asking for trouble to feed your dog that sort of thing.

Ken C
Ken CPeel, WA

It is good food.

Purchased in November 2019 at PetStock Physical store.

Smell
libran G.
libran G.South East Queensland, QLD

Steer clear of prime 100 SPD ROLLS! they claim single protein for food sensitivities/allergies which it is not!

Purchased in October 2019 for $12.99.

Smell
dichotomy
dichotomyGippsland, VIC

Prime100 changed distribution company

Purchased in August 2019 at IGA for $12.99.

Smell

Other Dog Foods

hmmm

My dogs seem to love it but ive been finding really hard white bits that are sharp and unbreakable almost like hard bone or plastic this makes me worried i have tiny dogs this mite damage there intestinal tract having sharp bits of bone go down not very happy about it

notruly
notrulyAustralia

Hypoallergenic dog, this is his only option

Aaron
AaronPerth

Just bought it today

I have two Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. They're very fussy. I was starting to feel bad about giving them supermarket rubbish. Went to City Farmers and spoke with a very helpful staff member - she recommended this due to the grain free, lack of fillers and the leaner meat.

I gave it to them tonight. They were LITERALLY licking the bowl for hours afterwards. They LOVED it!

Joey
JoeyThomastown

Vet recommended

Hi my dog has been suffering with skin allergies for the last 3 years. .if i knew earlier about this product i would have used it earlier. My dog has been on prime beef kangaroo and potato for 3 days now and her skin colour has already gone back to normal color. .a lesson learned for my experience is better to spend more money and feed your pet well than spend alot of money on vets and tablets that in the end do more harm than good for your pet..I wish my vet recommended this product earlier. .

Bombers
BombersGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Highly recommend!

I had my dog on a dry food from Black Hawk. He ended up with itchy skin, itchy ears and face. My Vet told me to put him on this diet and it cleared up the issues within 4 days!

OMG at last help for me and my dog

My GSD was diagnosed with inflammatory bowel disease . We have had over I year of food trials and $$$$$$ in vet fees and Hills gastrointestinal health i/d z/d and Royal Canin.. all no good for him. I now have my boy on SK-D200 and he is doing great , no more loose or cow pat stools and he did not have to be on cortisone either . His stools are normal he is healthy even his coat is better. Thank you Prime this food has been a blessing.

May 2nd 2018 Update: almost three years since last review

My IBD GSD is still on SKD200 he had gained weight and was doing fine , but now for some reason he has started to lose weight He has been through all tests for cancer etc so its not that . He is having more food but no weight gain ?

Patricia G
Patricia G

My last review was Jan 2015 its now Aug 2015 and my GSD With IBD is doing great on Prime SK-D200 he has come back from 35 kilos to 38 kilos could not be happier . I also give him a treat with their crocodile & tapioca , again thank you Prime

Andrew .B
Andrew .BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great

My female boxer has skin allergies and after countless $$$$$$ spent at vets , medications, shampoos and lotions we have found sk-d200 :) after just 2 weeks she hasn't itched once and she looks great . At the young age of 8 she has so much new energy. Best of all she really loves the taste .
As she is a fussy eater I was worries she may not like it ... i was wrong!

Mark louise Rainton
Mark louise Raintonasked

Does the wild boar and pumkin supposed to have a weird smell

Diana

I’d like to know as well. I have been buying it for the past 8 months and the last 2 batches I’ve bought smell horrid!! I’m wondering if they have changed the ingredients. My dog has also had diarrhoea. The use by date is Feb 2021 so it’s not out of date. I’m going to call or email the manufacturer because I’m not happy with the change in the product.

Diana

I called the manufacturer and the lady I spoke to was lovely. They thanked me for letting them know and are investigating it, and will let me know when they find out what the problem was. They also contacted the pet store I buy the rolls from and have sent two fresh rolls from a different batch for my dog.

Jill B.
Jill B.asked

Nearest stockist

Tina
Tinaasked

Hi. My ten year old Manchester Terrier is being fed the kangaroo and pumpkin roll which he loves. He weighs 12kg. His ideal weight is 13kg. In the first week he lost 1kg , down to 11kg. I've increased his quantity to 550gm per day spread over two meals. This is double the recommended quantity and it's still a struggle to keep weight on. Any feed back welcomed

Suo
Suo

I’m having the same problem as you. I feed my dog recommended amount and she is pacing the floor for more afterwards. She is not a food obsessed dog and never has been because of her allergy/ digestive problems. She is fed 2x a day 12 hours apart but we’re having to feed her at 8 pm at night to keep her from waking at 3 am to pace the floor for food. Her demeanour changes completely on Sk-D. Which was also recommended by the vet. We’ve tried kangaroo and pumpkin, salmon and now wild boar. She is anxious and panting and always appears hungry. She is also supposed to be on an elimination diet, as one commenter above, but this one has not been any use for our dog. We are back to royal canin anallergenic biscuits, till she settles again.

Susanne A.
Susanne A.

I know your enquired a year ago... but usually kangaroo is only given when dogs need a lean diet. We only use kangaroo when our boy gets a bit chubby the meat is very lean and will cause your dog to loose weight

See all Prime SK-D200 Kangaroo and Potato questions