Propovir Coldsore Ointment

Propovir Coldsore Ointment

See the Best Lip Care Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Propovir Coldsore Ointment? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Cuts down cold sore lifespan
Uses natural ingredients
Keeps skin moisturised

4.4
  • Causes Irritation Yes (0) · No (4)
  • Smell

Rubbish

Wouldn't relieve itching or pain only place I'd put this was in the bin!
Switched to a different brand containing aciclovir and had a much better result within 24 hrs. Don't bother wasting money on this one

Wonder product

I've been using this for years now. I initially take famciclovir or valaciclovir as I feel the tingle,and then I start using propovir as soon as the scab has started. It's often gone in a week, and thats about 2-3 days after the scab started. I used to have the coldsores for weeks. They're much much smaller during the whole process, never scar and often not noticable due to the propovir. Love this product.

Gino
GinoGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great product

A misconception to treat cold sores is to dry them quickly so it scabs over (some suggest acetone!?)... the problem with this is it takes longer to heal, is more visible and can be painful. Propovir works the opposite way. It keeps the cold sore moisterised to essentially skip the scabbing stage, the sore is less visible and begins to reduces its size almost immediately. Very effective. Works especially well in combination with Famvir dosage of 3 tablets on day 1.

Purchased in for $12.

jenniemorton
jenniemortonadelaide

Best ever!

Stopped my cold sore in its tracks! After 3 days of applying this pleasant ointment 3-4 x a day it just disappeared. It goes on like a lip gloss. I will never use anything else.

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse.

Mel
MelWollongong

Truly a speed healer!

For me this is the best product to use once the blister is present. Ive had cold sores all my life and have tried EVERYTHING! I fear them less knowing this will heal the ugly sore within a few days with minimal cracking and bleeding. THANKYOU!

sarah
sarahGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Life saver I can't live without it

I've been getting cold sores for as long as I can remember and this cream is the ONLY ONE the works. I've literally tried everything from tablets to prescription meds propovire is the best if I feel a tingle and put this on I wake up with nothing if I have one and apply for a day it's gone. Absolutely magic and I'm obsessed just wish more stores sold it then just woolworths!! Best cold sore cream ever

CJ Review
CJ ReviewBrisbane

Thank god for Propovir!!

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
Janet PNorthern Region, NSW

Finally!

I have always had Cold Sores, and tried every trick in the book.
I developed one after a stressful weekend and the only place I could go to was the supermarket. I chose this on because it was on special because I didn't want to pat full price for 'useless supermarket medicines'.

I am converted and when i lost my tube somewhere, I went right back and got another, it stopped the spread, the pain and no nasty scab.

Natalie Chirgwin

I keep this in my fridge at all times

I was sceptical of this ointment but thought it was worth a try. I had not noticed a cold sore develop until it was to late to use oral antiviral. Started with vectovir but it kept getting bigger. Switched to propovir and my cold sore was healed in 4 days with no nasty scab. it was very soothing and took the sting out of it.

M.C
M.CMelbourne

Like any other cold sore cream

Creams are great and Propovir is as good as any of the others on the market. As a cold sore sufferer since my teens I have used most and found that the cream suppresses the cold sore from one part of my face only to appear in another place. I have since discovered Elovax which I now use as soon as I feel the tingle. It works better then any other treatment I have tried. I have been told it is best to use when the tingle fist starts but I have found even after an outbreak Elovax still helps eleviate continuation inflamation.

rosscoandsandi
rosscoandsandiPerth, WA

The one and only (TIP cut open the empty tube to get the last bits out)

Jviss
JvissGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Amazing. It's my new go to ointment for coldsores.

Having had coldsores since I was a kid, I thought Zovirax was a revelation. Until I found Propovir. Shrinks the viability & more importantly the throbbing pain goes away quickly. I think it heals faster too.

Susan
SusanSydney, NSW

I've tried everything and this works

I have suffered from cold sores for years and have tried everything available over the counter creams, patches, vitamins. I just wish I had found this sooner, as it really works! I've only been using it since April but already It's stop a few nasty cold sores right in their tracks. I can't live without it, hope it's always available to me!

Dave
DaveMelbourne

Highly recommended - very impressed

When I get coldsores I get them with a vengeance.
I've tried most of the creams - they work, but for me it takes at least a whole week before the coldsore itself is gone, then begins the healing of the skin.
This product, when used in conjunction with taking Lysine and plenty of vitamin C, achieved these results in no more than half that time. There was also less discomfort while waiting for it to work its magic.
Thank you to the creators, and God bless the bees.

SouthCoastSaint
SouthCoastSaintIllawarra, NSW

Brilliant stuff! BEE-rilliant!

Had an unexpected Cold Sore breakout. Chemist recommended this over Zovirax. I cannot rave about this enough! From what threatened to be a massive breakout calmed down to a mere slight inconvenience! This will be my go-to cold sore treatment.

HJGasked

Oh dear the tube was about third full, after trying to squeeze it out, bought today and you say use 5 times a day barley any left for tomorrow. Are they always about a third full? very disappointed. Heather Gibbie

HJG

Lucky you. I’m not having much luck. Went to a different Pharmacy today both Pharmacists thought it was pretty much the same as a good lip gloss. Makes you wonder!

Janet P

My tube was reasonably full, and as a long term Cold Sore sufferer, this was the best thing I have used in a long time!

Features

• This cold sore treatment is made with the active ingredient Propolis. This is a resin that bees collect from poplar tree buds and cone-bearing trees. It has infection-fighting properties, which bees use to protect their hives.
  • The purified propolis extract also contains flavonoids that produce disease-fighting enzymes.
  • Propovir states that this treatment reduces the severity of cold sore symptoms, has antiviral properties and works as a local anesthetic, helping with pain relief.

Here’s what reviewers thought

• A number of reviewers said that this was the one-and-only product they turned to at the first sign of a tingle near their lips. Reviewers reported that Propovir cut down the lifespan of a cold sore with regular use multiple times a day, for around 2-3 days.
  • After using this treatment, a healing cold sore is likely not to leave a scab - which happens partly because the skin is dry. Since the cold sore stays moisturised, the healing process will be more easy-going without this scabbing, according to reviewers. While everyone's healing times are different, some reviewers reported a relatively short healing time of around 3-4 days.