Burt's Bees Lip Balm

Burt's Bees Lip Balm

See the Best Lip Care Products in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Burt's Bees? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Pros

Hydration that lasts
Plenty of flavours and tints

Margarita
MargaritaSydney, NSW

Someone said- do not purchase - they were right.

I had a bit burned lips and bought the balm to make them moisturised. My daughter said not to buy because she had bad experience but I did not listen.
Today is a second day I am using it and guess what, I have got cold sore on my lips which I never experienced before.
I asked my daughter to specify the issue with this lip balm and she said she had a cold sore after using it.
OMG! What's that? I do not have any allergies and never had cold sores, now I have got something bad because of this product. Not fair! And my lips are still dry. Such a bad quality.

Purchased in at Coles for $5.

Leez
LeezGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Disappointing lip balm

I really wanted to like Burt's bees but it just didn't work for me. For a few weeks of using it daily my lips were dry, cracked and sore - somehow it was worse than using no lip balm at all.

Purchased in for $6.

• Smell
bambs
bambs

Life Saver

This is the only lip balm I want to use. I've tried a lot from natural balms to medicated ones. My lips crack and get very red and dry around the sides, sometimes bleed. The peppermint in this gives instant cooling relief and the thick texture is hydrating and long lasting. Seriously good stuff.

Fave lip balm

I really love Burt’s bees lip balm I’ve used the plain honey scented and recently have tried the pink grapefruit and both make my lips nice and smooth don’t irritate them and smells lovely

Purchased in at Priceline.

Soojung j.
Soojung j.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

the range is fantastic

I couldn't ask for more from this product. I have chapped and dry lips and this product makes that bearable. This keeps my lips supple for more than 6 hours which is purely fantastic!

Purchased in .

Mandog
MandogSydney, NSW

LIP ENHANCER OR ALLERGIC REACTION?

Purchased in at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store.

• Ease of Application

Dries out and irritates lips

I purchased two tinted lip balms from Burt's Bees from Adore Beauty, almost certain they would be perfect for my lips. WRONG. The whole "8 hours of moisture" is rubbish and furthermore, they actually dry out and irritate my lips - it's kind of like they're giving you the poison and feeding you the cure at the same time. Makes me wonder whether this is just a problem unique to me or whether they're actually doing it deliberately in an underhanded way to get you more dependant on their lip balms. Whatever the case, that's $20+ down the drain. Also, the tint is tiny and barely noticeable. Never again.

Purchased in at Adore Beauty.

• Causes Irritation Yes

Clara V.
Make staying at home more enjoyable with these products and tips

make-staying-at-home-more-enjoyable-with-these-products-and-tips
Christmas gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life

christmas-gift-ideas-for-the-beauty-lover-in-your-life
M L.
M L.South East Queensland, QLD

Love it

I love the entire Burts Bees lip balm range. The original peppermint flavour is nice. But my favorite is still the pomegranate. It's so hard to find though. Can't find it anywhere in shops and online is always sold out. Very frustrating.

Carol Smith
Carol SmithQueensland

Not the best

I recently bought the Pomegranate lip balm and I love the smell and subtle tint but my lips got dryer and started cracking after using it. Gave it a second go and my lips were so sore. Applied another brand and within an hour started feeling better. I’m sad to say I won’t buy this product again

Purchased in at Coles Supermarkets for $12.

Jacqueline Murfitt
Jacqueline MurfittPalmerston, Northern Territory

I love the feel and smell of this balm

I love the feel and smell on this balm however I'd love a thicker texture that lasted longer. It's also a little bit expensive for my liking but still affordable.

Purchased in at Coles Supermarkets for $6.50.

Kaz
KazGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BEST LIP BALM I HAVE USED

I am obsessed with lip balms and always have one with me, I have tried almost every brand and discovered Burts Bee's when it came free with a magazine i purchased, I am now obsessed.
it has fantastic hydration, keeps my lips lovely and soft and the tint adds a nice soft natural colour to my lips.
Highly Recommend

Jade
Jade

Absolutely amazing!

I purchased this lip balm a couple of years ago and fell in love with it! It has a deliciously warm vanilla scent and the hydration it provides your lips lasts a long time. I've have never come across a product that works as well as this does and highly recommend it to anyone wanting a moisturising and long-lasting lip product :)

Perfect match

The lip balm is like everything I've ever needed in one balm. It's not too strong of a balm or too weak. Smells very nice and the scent isn't too strong as well. If you somehow don't like the applicator they also sell tin ones which are nice. It does cost a fair bit but its totally worth it! You can find this in a lot of places because its a fairly known of a brand.

Liv
LivAdelaide

Save your $7

Not impressed with this... bought it in pink grapefruit and cucumber mint, and neither are moisturising, just seem to dry out my lips more. They do smell nice and could be good in summer when my lips aren’t so dry.

Ally D
Ally DAU

Love the Balms and Variety of Flavours!

Tori S
Tori Sasked

Has anyone tried the lipsticks? The colours look great, I would like to know if they moisturise and if the colour stays on. Thank you!

Lynne
Lynne

Features

• Burt's Bees states that its range of lip balms is especially useful to soothe lips when the weather is dry, cold or windy.
  • Burt’s Bees Lip Balms come in three plainer options: an original beeswax lip balm (which has a subtle peppermint flavour), an ultra conditioning lip balm, and an all-weather SPF 15 moisturising lip balm.
  • Also available in a variety of largely fruit-flavoured balms, including: pomegranate, acai berry, honey, strawberry, coconut and pear, pink grapefruit, mango, watermelon, cucumber mint and wild cherry.
  • Tinted lip balms are also available. They come in 6 different shades, and provide hydration for 8 hours.
  • Made without parabens, phthalates, petroleum jelly and SLS.
  • The inclusion of beeswax and lanolin makes these lip balms unsuitable for vegans.

Here’s what reviewers thought

The Burt’s Bees’ lip balms were a favourite lip care product amongst reviewers. This lip balm was described as an oldie but a goodie, providing long-lasting hydration for lips that often stayed on lips for hours. The balms also felt clean and nourishing for lips, without being overly thick or greasy.

It was noted that the non-tinted lip balms were more long-wearing than the tinted lip balms.

CategoryLip Care Products