6Proton GEN.2 CM

Proton GEN.2 CM (2004-2013)

6Proton GEN.2 CM

4.5
Comfort
Features
2.5
Brand Manager for Proton? Claim your listing.

Sam S.

Design
Suzieq
SuzieqSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Amazing little car

I have owned a Gen 2 for 10 years and would rate this as the best vehicle I have ever owned. Reliable, fantastic on fuel and the handling is just superb. The style of the vehicle hasn't aged and still looks great. Proton cars Australia have looked after any issue I ever had manly with my paint as my colour yellow faded and was completely covered under warranty. Thank you Proton for bringing out a great vehicle that I am sure will last me another 10 years. Well done

Cass
CassSydney

Terrible. Stay right away!

I purchased this car with 37kms (so brand new). It overheated on my 5 weeks later and has continued to do so every 6 - 8 months. It currently just overheated on me for the 5th time. This car has been a nightmare. I wait hours for a tow and keep being told 'my car is fixed'. Stay right away. The cheap price tag is not worth the hassle and absolute nightmare that she been a Proton Gen 2! The most upsetting part of My experience is Proton refusing to admit my car is a lemon.

Simr
Simr

Never Let Me Down

i brought second hand 2007 H-Line Manual in 2015 and all this times it never let me down. Many of my friends said this car is crap but all their cars gone to wrecker but mine is still running and something they took my car to pick their girlfriends coz it looks kinda cute. I service it myself at home and listen to her if she try to say something before its too late.

mountains mum
mountains mumAU4 posts

Great Car

I have had my Proton gen 2 for 14 years. It's super reliable, never let me down even when I didn't change the oil for 7 years. (It just had a mini nervous breakdown!) Don't know why people don't like these cars. Not much guts but great for a lady driver. She still looks good even tho 14 years old.

Jana
Jana

Proton should refund all monies paid in purchasing these cars

I purchased this car in 2012 I have barely driven it, it only has 12000kms on it yet, the electricals are shot, I can't use my radio, or CD player or the key to lock or unlock the car. I only got one key when I purchased the car and have waited for over 5 years for a second key after calling Proton in Sydney. Great customer service???? The cable from the bonnet snapped after being opened to add oil. The battery that was supplied when I bought the car was already 8 years old. The seat belt won't wind back in unless you stuff around with it. Front bumper dropped on the drivers side after a week of driving, Really these cars should be put out of their misery they are unsafe and need to be crushed or made properly in the first place.

Fong SifuSydney29 posts

Fong Sifu

I forgot to add, a little bit of bird dropping was like paint stripper to the proton paintwork. The same dropping did not effect wifes Honda, my new Jeep and Brothers Alfa.

brad
bradBrisbane4 posts

Good Little Car

I bought a 2005 Gen 2 after my friend bought a 2002 persona. His car was like a little work horse, it never died. So I bought the Gen 2 and it was a great little car.

Fuel mileage was ok and it was very responsive. Only issue with them is the parts are over priced. Cost me $345 for break pads for the front end and the wheels where an odd size so cost more.

RjC
RjCsouthaustralia19 posts

WERNER
WERNERBredasdorp

Proton faults experienced

Engine light comes on and stays on - even if there is no problem, the light went of once, but after a while it comes back on again. The radio - when you pres skipp it mutes and vice versa., The alarm system don't work on the remotes, if the battery went flat and you change the battery it needs to be coded again... Noices every where in the vehicle.

Ronny
Ronny

Nightmare

I bought Proton Gen2 and all I have to do every time is to repair it and the parts are so expensive. the warning lite are always on even after the service. This is a no no no car to go 4.

rjs
rjs

Great Value for money

Bought a Gen2 in June this year. Great on fuel. Nice road grip especially on turns. Zippy engine and not a bad music system. The windows were rattling a little bit when we first drove the car, but the noise settled over a period of time. For the price and as a second car and a around, you can't go wrong.
Sporty feel. good pick up.
Amanda
Amandanewcastle4 posts

Appauling- lemon of a car

since i purchased my proton gen 2- had nothing but troubles. constantly taking my car in for repairs into Newcastle proton. problems experienced: airbag sensors; engine light on dash board, alarm not working; car not starting due to electrical problems..these are just a few to mention. now that warranty has lapsed..i still have issues with my car. DO NOT BUY A PROTON!!! BUY A WHEEL BARROW INSTEAD!
4 doors; leather seats
colour faded
maxine.wal
maxine.wal

i too purchased a car two weeks ago. proton gen 2... i am now without a car!!!

LousieD
LousieDSunshine Coast, QLD13 posts

Low maintenance

I own this car for a few years, rarely had to do anything. Great on fuel, sold for a larger family car. We now have more space but almost double the running costs.
Reliable, inexpensive