6Pullman Advance Commander 900 Backpack PV900

Pullman Advance Commander 900 Backpack PV900 Questions & Answers

Janis R.
Janis R.

We have just purchased one of these and it’s almost impossible to vacuum our carpet with! It will only pull backwards on the carpet. We tried the two different suction strengths but it made made no difference. The two thin rubber strips on the on the gulper head get stuck in the carpet. Is there a solution for this?

Jacques M.

What is the year of manufacture?

Pullman   DM

Hi Jacques, The Advance Commander PV900 was first released on 2016.
However, more of these machines are manufactured every day.

Kerrianne
Kerrianne

I believe 2020

What month in 2016?

Pullman   DM

Hi Jacques, This machine was released in June 2016.

Jacques M.

Thank you for that. This was very helpful. Awesome.

Andre Ferrari
Andre Ferrari

Hi there, my vacuum Pullman 900 is turning off and back all the time, and I also checked rose, filters, power point I don’t know what to do

Pullman   DM

Hi Andre, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
We would recommend to also check the power cord connection to the machine.
The machine can also be taken into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, for further inspection and any repairs needed.

Sarah P.
Sarah P.

My Pullman 900 will not start, one day it was working fine, the next nothing. All cords are plugged in fine, no blockages, filters are clean. It's 6 months old and used twice a week.

Pullman   DM

Hi Sarah, We are sorry to hear of the issue you are experiencing with your machine.
Please take the machine into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for warranty.
Please see the below link to assist in locating your nearest store.
external link

Jo C.
Jo C.

What’s the weight of this vacuum cleaner?

Pullman   DM

Hi Jo, The weight of this machine is 5.4kg.

Rachel l.
Rachel l.

I have had my pullman for only a few months and love it but the plastic wings on the height adjuster that hold the straps in place have broken through use. Is this a common problem and is this something that is covered under the warranty?

Pullman   DM

Hi Rachel, The machine is covered by a 2 year warranty.
For any issues the machine will need to be taken into your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, to be booked in for inspection under the warranty and any repairs/replacement parts needed.

Mikayla G.
Mikayla G.

Absolutely love my Pullman but I'm just curious if the Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery for the Pullman PL950 would be able to fit onto the Pullman PV900 at all without having to buy the whole Pullman PV950 as I've only had my Pullman PV900 for just over a year

Pullman   DM

Hi Mikayla, Unfortunately the PV900 is not able to be used with batteries as this is a corded machine.
The batteries are only able to be used with the PL950.

Christine
Christine

My harness was ruined, I have a new one have removed the old one, but I am unsure as to how to put the new one on?

Pullman   DM

Hi Christine, We are sorry to hear that you harness needs replacing.
If you are having trouble fitting the new one, we would recommend taking this into your nearest Godfreys store for assistance from the staff.

Hello my name is Sam,
We run a cleaning business and use the Pullman Commander 900,very satisfied with the product as we are on the second one.
Only concern is how quickly the front filter darkens after first use,is this normal and appropriate servicing would be to blow filters out.
I would think not every use as we do multiple services per day.
Cheers
Sam

Hello my name is Sam,
We run a cleaning business and are now onto our second Pullman Commander 900,works great at efficiently...only concern is how quickly the front filter turns black from standard room vacuuming...is this normal?

Andrew C.
Andrew C.

Depends on your cleaning environment. I often use another vacuum to clean the dirty or clogged filter on a regular basis

Catherine Donges
Catherine Donges

The bottom of the harness that connects to the vacuum itself has come away from the vacuum. How do I re attach it?

Pullman   DM

Hi Catherine, Depending on the part that has come way from the machine replacement parts may be required.
We would recommend taking the machine into your nearest Godfreys store for inspection and further assistance.

Rosie
Rosie

My gluper floor tool has just been fixed through godfreys as the carpet came loose. Now it’s squeaking when going over wood floors. Help! Which part is squeaking, why and how can I stop this please?

Pullman   DM

Hi Rosie, This may be the wheels as they are rotating, you can use WD40 as a lubricant for the connection.

Brooke
Brooke

My Pullman keeps cutting out
I have pulled to apart and cleaned the dust out of the motor ect I have checked the lead
What else can it be ??

Pullman   DM

Hi Brooke, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with your machine.
If you have checked the cord and the whole machine for blockages (head, rod, hose, canister and filters), we would recommend taking the machine intro your nearest Godfreys store, with proof of purchase, for further inspection.

Bec
Bec

Hi there, my vacuum has broken around the height lever. Can I have it fixed without sending it away? It’s still under warranty and purchased from godfreys

Pullman   DM

Hi Bec, We are very sorry to hear that your PV900 has broken!
You may need to clarify with your local Godfreys store if they have someone that can fix it for you - some stores have an in store repairer but for the majority of stores they will send repairs away.
Good luck with your machine!

Erickson T.
Erickson T.

Does any one have idea why the head of the Pullman 900 is very sticky to the carpet when it is used, please?

Pullman   DM

Hi Erickson, The suction may be too high on the type of flooring.
This machine does have to suction settings, to change between the 2 click the on/off switch up of down, you can also open the suction slider on the handle (yellow cuff).

Fiona M

I have a brand new Pullman, all great except the Gulper head squeals (really loudly) when I use it on wooden floors. I was under the impression the Floor head was designed for both hard floors and carpet. Any suggestions? Thank you
Fiona

Pullman   DM

Hi Fiona, We are sorry to hear of the issues you are experiencing with the head of your machine.
These heads are designed to be used on both hard floor and carpet, however, there are other heads available that have brushes on the bottom, see below link, and may work better for the flooring.
external link

SteveB

Take it back to where you purchased it from and let them hear the noise. My Gulper head doesn't make any squealing noised at all. I have found that the Gulper Head is very head to use on carpet, it drags quite substantially, I have to swap over to the Turbo Floor Brush to make the job easier. If you are going to purchase another head don't waste your money on another universal hard brush tool, just go and buy the powerhead at Catch of the Day for $49.95. see this link below, it's a bargain.

Fiona M

Thanks for that Steve. Appreciate the feedback.

dee

Hi, my Pullman vacuum is strangely not working. The pressure is going from behind the little hole in the vacuum, so the pressure is very weak to suck anything. Why is the pressure going from behind? Please help

Lyn Holland
Lyn Holland

Run a wire or something through all your hoses in case there's a blockage. Empty bag. Make sure nothing is stuck in floor tool

dee

Thank you I will try to do that. All the air pressure is going out from my back when I carry it.

Ron J

On the back pack there is a height adjuster. One of the wings on this adjuster has broken off. If I but a new harness does this plastic piece come with it as I can’t find it in spare parts anywhere

SteveB

I can only suggest that you Google Pullman 900 and search all supplyers IE, Godfreys, Vacspares, My Vacuum Parts ETC. Good luck.

Ron J

Thanks Steve, there is a godfreys near me so if there open I will check it out

Paul H.
Paul H.

Our Pullman squeals from time to time regardless if the dustbag is full or empty. Filters are clean. Any clues on why these things squeal?

Jason B.
Jason B.

Clean the pipe/tube or the join where the metal meets the plastic pivot is getting old and leaking.

Lee
Lee

The rod is blocked, but I can't get it to come apart or remove the head to remove the blockage. What should I do?

Get an answer from our members and Godfreys representatives