Qantas Premier Everyday

See the Best Frequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Pros

• Up to 42,000 Bonus Qantas Points on offer

• $29 Annual Fee for the first year

• 0% p.a. on Balance Transfers for 12 months

• Earn up to 1 Qantas Point per $1 spent

• Complimentary Travel Insurance

Cons

• 3% Foreign Transaction Fee

• Minimum spend of $1,00 per month is required to receive 7,000 Bonus Qantas Points each month for 6 months

Qantas Premier Everyday
CategoryFrequent Flyer & Travel Credit Cards, Balance Transfer Credit Cards and Rewards Credit Cards
24-Hour Phone Contact No
Online Live Chat No
Card TypeMastercard
BenefitsComplimentary Travel Insurance, Reduced First Year Annual Fee and Sign-Up Bonus Points Offer
Minimum Credit Limit $4,000
Maximum Credit Limit $30,000
Minimum Income $35,000
Additional Cardholders 4
Additional Cardholder Fee $25 p.a.
Minimum Repayments2%
Rewards ProgramQantas Frequent Flyer
Points Earn Rate 1 points per $1
Points Conditions
  • 1 Qantas Point per whole AU$1 equivalent on international spend

• 0.75 Qantas Points per $1 on domestic spend (up to and including $3,000 per statetement period)

• 0.4 Qantas Points per $1 on Domestic spend (over AU$3,000 per statement period)

• 1 additional Qantas Point per $1 on Qantas spend

There is no cap on earn rate.

Contactless PaymentsApple Pay, Fitbit Pay and Samsung Pay
Annual Fee$49 p.a.
Foreign Transaction Fee 3%
Overseas ATM Withdrawal Fee$5
Interest Free Period 55 days
Cash Advance Rate21.99% p.a.
Introductory Offers
Sign-Up Bonus Earn up to 42,000 bonus Qantas points (7,000 points per month when you spend $1000 or more per month for the first 6 months)
Reduced First Year Annual Fee $29.00
Balance Transfer Rates
Balance Transfer Period 12 months
Balance Transfer Rate 0% p.a.

Cancelled Credit Card

We travel a lot so having options is a must. We have a Qantas Cash Card as well as we had (till very recently) a Qantas Premier Everyday Card. Very disappointed in the Customer Service of Qantas, that is pretty much the case for both cards. It is quite delicate when using overseas, especially for booking things to do in various countries. The card was stopped several times, one for purchasing hop on and hop off tickets and another time for purchasing a food tour tickets. This then caused a lot of issues having it reactivated again, because we normally don't roam our mobile phones. We skype called but it took a while to sort out. Carrying several cards helps with this but it's rather annoying.
It has a low annual fee, the points aren't great, ... we occasionally get free qantas lounge passes with our Qantas Loyalty cards, but haven't got many perks with the Qantas Premier. If you were going to use it more and are a loyal Qantas person, I have heard Qantas Premier Platinum MasterCard has better points, discounts and lounge passes.

Card Start DateApril 2017
Card / Account Used ForOverseas/Travel

The worst customer service ever.

I received a new card after I lost mine and haven't had any visibility of it online or in my app for over a month. I can't reset a new pin because it's not in my app. I spoke to their help line over 2 weeks ago and they said it would be a 3-5 day fix. It is now 2 weeks later and still not fixed. I called again and demanded it be escalated. I'm not sure how they could ever think being without this detail for a month and not communicating to customers is customer service. The worst call centre customer service I've ever had.
Don't bother with this service because if something goes wrong no responsibility is taken.

Card Start DateJuly 2017

Absolutely dodgy customer service

No sign of an answer for the Qantas Premium Mastercard application - so contacted them to be told it’s a “decline” - when asking why was told to send documents via an email which I faithfully did - many docs covering tax assessments, payslips etc from my life as a freelancer - so multiple places of work etc. again no reply or nothing even stating that the documents had been received. So giving them a few days to get this together I call back again - with another vague “decline”. When pushing further the answer comes back that the system doesn’t trust my source of income.

We’re they even going to tell me - it’s ludicrous that you have to keep calling them to find out any info at all. This is the most hopeless credit card application I’ve ever deal with - zilch customer service - don’t waste your precious time on Qantas .. go elsewhere !

Horrible and Dodgy

Customer Service sucks, poor and lazy, waste of space, i applied for this credit card waited 2 weeks, called to check the status, they sent rejection of application, I rang to ask why, customer service said application is actually in hold waiting for your bank statements, loan documents and other income documents, etc. so I sent all these confidential documents, waited another MONTH, rang to follow up, customer service said sorry it hasn’t even been submitted to our re-assessment team. We are going to do that now, but before that you need to email us and request reassessment , after losing my mind, I said don’t f..ing bother, I don’t want to have any business with you, destroy my documents, they said they can’t do that it will be archived.
Steer away from this dodgy bank they are just collecting information God knows what they do with them

Main Point of ContactPhone

If you are time poor or value good service, do not apply for this card

It required multiple emails and phone calls to call centres to try ensure application was properly submitted despite having properly submitted it online. Numerous texts and emails received from Qantas asking to rectify issues that either did not exist or could not be rectified. Various requests ignored. Call centre representatives give directly conflicting advice. Card is now received, and online activation had an error and could not be done, app does not work, no response to help requests about it. Complimentary lounge invitations not received. No response to complaints. One response received via generic email instructing me to use app about which complaint has already been made (so cannot use it to do whatever they are asking.)

Card Start DateJune 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline

No problems so far

We have had this card for nearly a year after having issues with another credit card company and the way they allocate points.

This is our everyday card - the Premier Platinum offers a better points balance when you sign up but the trade off is the high fee.

We don’t use this card overseas, we have a 28 degrees card for that purpose.

It is very easy to accumulate points and they quite often have excellent special offers which we take advantage of.

We are heading overseas in a September for four weeks and have used our points for a flight upgrade.

Card Start DateApril 2018

Had no troubles

Had no troubles signing up to the credit card they approved my application and the card was sent within days. Happy with it as after I spent the required amount it didn't take long for them to grant me the bonus frequent flyer points, just in time to use it on my recent holiday. I use an android phone so I have Qantas Money App installed to monitor expenditures, it works a treat I get to be on top of what I spent and pay it off.

Card Start DateMarch 2019
Main Point of ContactOnline
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses

NOW CHARGING $2 FOR PAPER STATEMENTS!!

Started out fine, however now no more paper statements and expect you to navigate the poor site/app with several passwords to access your statement. No bill reminders, just put a stop on your account. Entrapment set-up based billing system designed to charge you late payments,interest and fees. Will be cancelling this CC.

Card Start DateJuly 2017

So far all good

I switched from an ANZ Qantas Visa card and the Qantas Premier Everyday card does accumulate points quicker, haven't traveled O/S with it as yet so can't access that as yet.

Card Start DateNovember 2018
Card / Account Used ForEveryday Expenses, Online Shopping, Overseas/Travel and Special Purchases

Terrible service and clunky website - NOT PREMIER

I had a fraudulent transaction on my credit card and had to send an email and ring three times to have them start an investigation. I now have to wait 6 to 8 weeks from the 3rd time I called. They won't even credit my account until the investigation is concluded.

Their website is also way over the top for security. To log in there is a two-step verification which includes your password and them sending you text message which is totally fine. It then shows you all your transactions which is great. But if you want to look at your statement you then must enter another password which is the highest security password I've ever come across i.e. Must contain upper and lower cases, numbers and a symbol and be 8 digits long. Way too over the top just to look at your statement.

You need to pick up your act Qantas. As a platinum FF I would expect Qantas to have the best customer service for their credit card and an easy to navigate website. This fell way too short even for a budget card.

Card Start DateMay 2017

Semi-Platinum? Great Card For The Less Frequent Overseas Traveller.

I opine that this card is probably the best all-round card for people on lowish to moderate incomes who take the occasional overseas vacation, and who want to earn some Qantas FF points.

For $49 a year one gets,
a. 0.75 points a dollar on the first $3000 per month then 0.4 points thereafter, and
b. Complimentary Travel Insurance for up to a month with Chubb insurance, and
c. Concierge service.

These benefits are typically associated with Gold and Platinum cards, which cost significantly more in annual fees. Such cards aren't usually attractive to people who don't travel much. Also, the earn rate of 0.75 Qantas points per dollar is higher than that of many cards that cost two or three times as much in annual fees.

One does require Qantas Frequent Flyer membership to get the Qantas points, and one can pay the $89.50 joining fee, or one can currently apply for a Qantas Cash card and get free membership.

The savings one will make from the complimentary travel insurance relative to buying it outright from the same insurer, will more than pay for the cost of the card in most cases.

However, there are two things I don't like.
The first is just a nuisance - every time I try log into my Qantas Premier Everyday account on a computer to what I owe, the site sends a verification code via SMS to my mobile phone. I've never come across such security rigour before. Though I have gotten around it by using the Qantas Money App on my Android phone, which accesses the account details instantly.

The second is more important, the Rental Vehicle Insurance Excess section in the Chubb policy states,
" as part of the hiring arrangement You must take up all comprehensive motor insurance offered by the Car Rental Company, whether discretionary or mandatory, against loss or damage to the Hire Car; and."
which is a lot more stringent requirement on the hirer of the car than I've seen in any other policy, including the Chubb policy with American Express complimentary Travel Insurance.

For use during actual travel, this card like most other credit cards charges a 3% foreign exchange fee, which I'm not fond of either.

Regardless, I have been recommending this card to numerous people - my niece and nephews, and friends and acquaintances who have said they are contemplating a rare overseas trip. It is just superb value for this purpose, and it has a decent Frequent Flyer points earn rate for when one is not travelling and just using it at home.

Regards.