MPN:270-08AC6-290

2.0
3.7
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed
Brand Manager for Quantum Energy? Claim your listing.

GI Jayne
GI JayneCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC4 posts

Avoid, avoid, AVOID!

15 months installed and it has died. Horrible grinding sound, and customer service.
The Customer Service dept. goes straight to voicemail and messages are not responded to. Customer service "co-ordinator" is snarky and obstructive she can be found by waiting for the bottom menu option - ironic. Clearly I interrupted her manicure.
She expected me to be in possession of the purchase invoice; even after I explained that I purchased the property 9 weeks after the installation. Warranty card I provided has the corresponding numbers and install date. "Will not suffice"; I was told.
If you have a kink for disappointment and being royaly screwed by big time corporates; then this is perfect for you! Show details
Keith H.
Keith H.Perth, WA3 posts

No Service available in WA when 30mth old HWS compressor seized up

Builders installed our system 30 months ago the compressor seized solid (we paid a fridge tech to check and try to restart it but he said it was seized up solid) we contacted Quantum by phone many times received the Std answering machine every time. Online service requests ignored. Quantum called us only after our builder ( major builder in WA) wrote a stern letter to them. They took umbrage to the fact we had spoken to the builder and not them … really - but still offered no immediate solution. They hadn’t a replacement compressor - 6 months ( tops as we couldn’t move in until we’ll after our system was installed ) out of warranty. Sad really worked well but lots of rust inside for such a new unit you expect 10 yrs at least. Show details
Ava
AvaSouth West, QLD

Do not buy

Installed heat pump in 2018 and stopped working July 2022 . Quantum customer service very poor. The warranty only covers the electric part for valves, pipe work and refrigeration unit for 2 years. So we are out of warranty, looking at an expensive repair after four years. Going back to conventional electric water heater system. Wouldn’t recommend for suburban home as it is very noisy. Show details
Brian
BrianHunter Region, NSW17 posts

One of the most efficient and reliable heat Pump HWS

I have had my Quantum 270L AC6 heat pump for 4 1/2 years now. It is extremely efficient, using between 1 and 2 kWh per day for hot water for 2 people, depending on the season - about 20% of what our old electric HWS used. When our attached Airbnb apartment is in use, it uses a bit more. The internal timer is programmed to come on during the day when the solar pv is generating, so very low or zero cost for us to run. It has never had any problems. Extremely reliable. We got a $1200 rebate for replacing our old electric system.

SHG
SHG

Hi Experts, I have a Quantum Energy Technologies Heat Pump Water Heaters. Model name is 200-08AC6-290. It was manufactured in 2015 and installed in 2016. It was making noise. The noise used to be quiet frequent. I used to hear noise for 4-5 seconds every 20 seconds or so. I had called Quantum Energy Technologies. They routed me to a technician. He was saying that compressor is to be changed. He was giving me a quote of AUD 1200 to replace compressor. It was with one year warranty.

I switched off and switched on the unit several times in span of 2-3 days eg switch off for full day and switch on in night. Now fan is not running and there is no noise. What does it mean? Is fan supposed to run continuously. I am getting hot water as usual.

My questions are
How the noise has vanished? Is it because the fan is not running any more?
Does the fan is supposed to run all time or it does take some rest :)

Reply will be appreciated.

CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage Systems