Evo270 Series

Had the Evo 270 installed by 'Speedy Hot Water' last month, and it is working wonders heaps better than my old system including the fact that it is more efficient than the old one. Great product!!

Our new Evo270 is great!

We had an Evo 270 litre heat pump hot water system installed by Speedy Hot Water on 4th April. It works perfectly as advertised, and is much quieter and far better looking than our old Dux system. It heats quickly, and I appreciate being able to set the times so it comes on when the solar system is generating, to minimise electricity cost. The water temperature always feels fine when we have showers, with no noticeable fluctuation.

Purchased in April 2019 for $3,090.00.

EvoHeat EVO270

Had this unit installed mid-Feb this year. Seems to be all OK so far. Only gripe is that the Operation Manual that came with the unit is not very helpful, it could be a lot better, and I could not easily find anything much else on the internet to explain the various functions.
Installation was by KMS Mechanical and Electrical Services, Brisbane - Adrian did the installation with Karen in the office - they really are a great company to deal with, couldn’t be happier with their service.

Heating Speed

Very happy with the EVO system

We installed our EVO 270 hot water system earlier this year and found it to be very efficient. I have monitored our power use and found it to be around 70% more efficient than the old system. It is a very quiet system. I researched and compared other systems online and decided on the EVO on the recommendation of Peter at Energy Street Glenorchy who organised the installation by True South Plumbing. The electrical work was carried out by Brenden Scott who set up the timer and ran me through the timer system. Energy Street also provided printed quick start printed guide. So far I am very happy with the EVO 270.

Purchased in February 2019 for $2,800.00.

Exceeded expectations!

Unit has been installed for 3 weeks now and we are very happy with the system. It has exceeded my expectations and would recommend the EVO HEAT 270 without reserevation.

Excellent System

So far the EvoHeat EVO270 heat pump hot water system has been very reliable, is quite and is an impressive looking system. Performance of system has not faulted under high demand of hot water, and I'm very happy with the purchase.

Purchased in January 2019.

Very happy with the new installed EvoHeat EVO270

Very impressed with this EvoHeat EVO270 heat pump hot water system, it is very easy to setup the timer to turn system on/off. The noise of the pump is minimal, and it is very efficient to boil the water in really short time.

Purchased in January 2019 at Local Electrical & Solar Services for $2,990.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)

Reliable Hot Water

Our old hot water heat pump (different brand) died, leaving us without hot water. After doing some online research I found EvoHeat - who have a lot of seriously good reviews. The whole process was really simple, EvoHeat and their contractors Speedy Hot Water were polite, professional and tidy! A great company to deal with and we now have hot water again (what more can I say!!!). Oh -this unit is REALLY quiet - you wouldn't know it was running (except that we have hot water). Thanks Matthew for a great job.

Very Impressed with Performance and Savings

I had hear of heat pumps but didn't do any research until our old system failed. I was very impressed with what I read, especially the projected savings that should be made. This brand always ranked highly and I like supporting a local company. Our water has been much hotter and the pressure is better. I look forward to many years of trouble free operation and feel very pleased with my decision to purchase this product

Purchased in March 2019.

My faith in heat pumps restored

My Dux Airoheat heat pump failed after 7 years, although the water heater part lasted another year. I thought this life was a bit short, and hesitated to replace the heater with another heat pump. But after some thought and research, I decided the EVO270 might do the job. I'm a self-confessed greenie, and know that heat pumps are the most efficient (and therefore greenest) way to heat water.

And so far, so fantastic! (Of course, time will tell...)

The system has a lot more functionality than the old one. I especially like the ability to set a timer for heating the water. The system sits right outside a bedroom window, but it's so quiet, it's no problem at all. We (5 of us) have had no problem with running out of hot water. The power bill is down, and the cost of the system with installation was $300 less than for the Dux 7 years ago! (Note: the purchase price of $3090 includes GST.)

KMS did a great job installing it - good friendly contact, on time, thorough and tidy. And it was in a tricky location. Recommended!

I would have been happy to give this recommendation, even without the perk of extra warranty.

Purchased in January 2019 at KMS for $3,090.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)
Temperature Consistency

Best decision of the year

With our old system failing and leaking we came across EvoHeat EVO270 while researching for a replacement. Adrian of KMS came and gave us a detailed explanation of how the system works and various energy saving functions. 3 days later we have our unit installed. Since that day, we are never short of hot water. Highly recommended.

Noise Level
Household Size 6 person(s)

Glad we upgraded

The unit continues to deliver hot water consistently and without fail at a consistent temperature. Compared to our previous heat pump - it is reasonably quiet with a smooth operating fan - we don't notice it. The LCD panel is great for interactive checking or programming.

Purchased in December 2018 at KMS.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed

What more could one want?

What a device!
We had a failure of our old system and decided on the EVA heat pump solution. It has proved to be a very good decision. I have never heard the machine working. I have never felt any air flow from the unit and we have all the hot water we need all day. So I am unable to answer the first question and have had no fluctuation of water temperature, therefore we consider our decision to be a huge success. Hot water all day at low cost and a low carbon footprint is all I needed. We have just returned from a 4 week holiday over seas and I left the unit on the vacation setting. We got home at 11.15pm and we had hot water at once. The unit looks large where it sits and I consider this to be of no importance as it cannot be seen from the front of the house. In short it was a good buy for us. This suppliers were great too, they were quick, painstaking and cleaned up before they left. What more could you want?

Purchased in February 2018 for $3,500.00.

Seriously good heatpump

When my old hot water system went to heaven (or possibly hell) one weekend (it’s always during the weekend when you can’t contact anybody) I thought of continuous flow hot water. A quick call to one of the suppliers and it’s all good but there is only one small problem: there is only one company that does the connections from the street to the property. So please wait a week for a quote. When the quote came I was fortunate to be seating: $4900.00 just for the gas connection. On top of that there was the cost of the heater + installation. The best case scenario $6300.00 and the waiting time of 8 – 12 weeks. Thanks but no.
My next option was a heat pump. As I already sell EvoHeat pumps for swimming pool heating and know their quality, the choice was obvious. A lunchtime call to the guys from Same Day Hot Water in Blacktown was all I had to do to have the tank installed the next day. I didn’t even have to be there, they just wanted the key to get to my backyard.
And after almost 2 weeks it felt soooo good to have hot water again. The pump itself is a beauty. So advanced with setup allowing to produce hot water during the warmest part of the day when it consumes the least energy or if you have off peak cheaper rates then you can schedule the operation at that time. It even has a Vacation Mode that you’re going to love. You’re off to a holiday, just press the button and it will heat the water once a week only to 70 degrees to prevent bacteria growth. No other pump that I know of has that feature. And it is very quiet in comparison to my old dinosaur running at 48 decibels (normal conversation is about 60 dB)
I can’t say how efficient it is yet, but I will when my energy bill arrives. So far, it’s a rocket technology on a budget with easy controls. I love you guys at EvoHeat, especially Steve, my account manager.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Timer Set For Daytime Which Runs Off Solar - Free Hot Water

No issues so far, the timer turns off at 4pm and the water is still hot by 7am the next morning. Its much quieter than thought, as people compared to the noise of a split system air con but its not as loud as that.
Only 3 of us at home at the moment so not such a high demand, its currently set on econ mode so no worries at all.

Noise Level
Household Size 3 person(s)

Economical and Effective

We had the Evoheat fitted 3 weeks ago and so far it has been excellent. We chose it due to the timer facility that means it can be set to run once a day when our solar is at it's peak and this gives us enough hot water for 24 hours (we haven't tried any longer) so is super energy efficient. Water is consistent in temperature and is the same temperature even after it hasn't powered up for 22 hours. We also bought it due to the away facility which means we aren't heating hot water when we are away. It is a very large unit (much taller than our old tank) and we only just got it into the same spot, and the controls are a little complicated, but nothing the manual couldn't help us with. Super quiet and so far it's been a great investment and look forward to the effect on our electricity bill.

Purchased in February 2018 for $3,645.00.

Good choice Evoheat 270

In general the unit gives plenty of hot water and runs quietly. Installed in January 2018 we had one issue with the pressure release valve needing to be replaced. The response from Evoheat to this problem was excellent with a technician on site on the same day to install the new valve.
The initial installation by KMS was very good and the removal of our old HW system.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Really happy with the EVO270

After reading so many positive product reviews we decided on the Evo270 to replace our previous Heat Pump system which died after many years of service. Not only does the Evo270 take up less space than the previous model, it looks much nicer and has a far better display for checking the settings/temperature etc. It’s only been installed for a few weeks but we’re happy with our choice, nice hot water when our family of four need it (even on Tariff33), with the ability to pause the functions when we don’t (Vacation Mode).
We chose Speedy Hot Water in Brisbane to install it. They were very professional and even removed/replaced a fence panel that was blocking the install of heatpump.

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Heating Speed

Hot stuff .. coming through (water that is).

OK, let's get the disclaimer out of the way first - There's extended warranty (extra 2 yrs on the tank) on offer from Evo by writing reviews here, but this hasn't in anyway influenced what you see written below. This is a nice system and the main hope is that is lasts for many years to come.

Coming from a gas hot water storage system which used as much fuel as an F-111 on full afterburner, anything was going to be better. Let's just say the bar was pretty low. None the less, we looked at all types of tech, including on-demand gas, solar, etc., before finally settling on a compressor/Heat Pump system. The Sanden was on the top of our list, but just prior to buying it, we came across the EVO270. It had a lot of good reviews, it reportedly had a Hitachi compressor and the overall price made it very tempting indeed. The only concern was that it was a relative new comer, had limited warranty (2yrs on compressor, 5yr on tank vs 6yr and 15yr on the Sanden). Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

We've now had our system for two months and I have to say I'm very happy with it so far. It is a tad noisier than the likes of the Sanden, BUT then again it isn't in the same price bracket either. Sound output is about the same as a window style aircon, so certainly nothing unreasonable. In any case, the unit doesn't need to run for long to heat up (only about half hour at a time I believe). Efficiency is just fantastic - we can run it through the day from our Solar and still have enough 55 deg. hot water for the full 24hrs. Most days we end up with free hot water, and as they say "you can't beat that!". Even if the heat pump cannot generate the necessary power, there's an internal booster element to make up any shortfall. Having an element is also an added bonus if the heat pump was to ever fail for any reason, because you can switch it on manually and still have hot water.

The unit has a backlit LCD touch panel controller, which lets you set temperatures, timers and operating modes. Especially handy is a "Vacation mode" where the unit goes into a semi-hibernation state to save power, but boosts the temp each week to 70 deg so that any bacteria is zapped. You can even tell it when you'll be back so that you've got hot water ready and waiting by the time you unpack your suitcase.

Now, the only concerns I would have are as follows:
1) Make sure your installer connects a dedicated 15A circuit to the unit. The 270 needs the higher amp outlet due to the internal booster element. Our initial install was done on a 10A (standard power point), which had to be retrospectively changed.
2) Touch controller and chassis (if installing outside); Touch controllers exposed to harsh exterior conditions don't tend to have a great track record and once that goes you're stuffed. There is a cover to shield the unit, but not certain if the plastic is UV stabilised. The plastic of the upper cladding and compressor falls into the same category. Ours had a few loose self tapping screws in it (threaded from obviously being over-driven into the chassis with a power tool), and the shiny EvoHeat product label warped and fell off within a day after saying hello to the western sun. Hopefully it's just cosmetic stuff. The tank is no doubt fine, and if the compressor lasts at least four to five years, you're still ahead on cost compared to the likes of a Sanden.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the EVO270 system. It can generate enough ultra hot water for a family without breaking a sweat or your bank account.

Last but not least:
A big "Thank You" to John and the team from Speedy Hot Water for looking after us. Customer service focused, they sorted out the install and all electrical work for us in record time and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very happy with the EvoHeat270

The people at 42 Energy Street were most helpful with their product information and knowledge of the EvoHeat 270. The cylinder looks good around the corner of the house. Its quiet, set to come on in off peak times, the hot water pressure has improved since installation. I'm very happy with the EvoHeat270.

Date PurchasedJan 2019