EvoHeat EVO270

EvoHeat EVO270

Good choice Evoheat 270

In general the unit gives plenty of hot water and runs quietly. Installed in January 2018 we had one issue with the pressure release valve needing to be replaced. The response from Evoheat to this problem was excellent with a technician on site on the same day to install the new valve.
The initial installation by KMS was very good and the removal of our old HW system.

Date PurchasedJan 2018

Really happy with the EVO270

After reading so many positive product reviews we decided on the Evo270 to replace our previous Heat Pump system which died after many years of service. Not only does the Evo270 take up less space than the previous model, it looks much nicer and has a far better display for checking the settings/temperature etc. It’s only been installed for a few weeks but we’re happy with our choice, nice hot water when our family of four need it (even on Tariff33), with the ability to pause the functions when we don’t (Vacation Mode).
We chose Speedy Hot Water in Brisbane to install it. They were very professional and even removed/replaced a fence panel that was blocking the install of heatpump.

Purchased .

Noise Level
Household Size 4 person(s)
Functionality
Temperature Consistency
Heating Speed

Hot stuff .. coming through (water that is).

OK, let's get the disclaimer out of the way first - There's extended warranty (extra 2 yrs on the tank) on offer from Evo by writing reviews here, but this hasn't in anyway influenced what you see written below. This is a nice system and the main hope is that is lasts for many years to come.

Coming from a gas hot water storage system which used as much fuel as an F-111 on full afterburner, anything was going to be better. Let's just say the bar was pretty low. None the less, we looked at all types of tech, including on-demand gas, solar, etc., before finally settling on a compressor/Heat Pump system. The Sanden was on the top of our list, but just prior to buying it, we came across the EVO270. It had a lot of good reviews, it reportedly had a Hitachi compressor and the overall price made it very tempting indeed. The only concern was that it was a relative new comer, had limited warranty (2yrs on compressor, 5yr on tank vs 6yr and 15yr on the Sanden). Nothing ventured, nothing gained as they say.

We've now had our system for two months and I have to say I'm very happy with it so far. It is a tad noisier than the likes of the Sanden, BUT then again it isn't in the same price bracket either. Sound output is about the same as a window style aircon, so certainly nothing unreasonable. In any case, the unit doesn't need to run for long to heat up (only about half hour at a time I believe). Efficiency is just fantastic - we can run it through the day from our Solar and still have enough 55 deg. hot water for the full 24hrs. Most days we end up with free hot water, and as they say "you can't beat that!". Even if the heat pump cannot generate the necessary power, there's an internal booster element to make up any shortfall. Having an element is also an added bonus if the heat pump was to ever fail for any reason, because you can switch it on manually and still have hot water.

The unit has a backlit LCD touch panel controller, which lets you set temperatures, timers and operating modes. Especially handy is a "Vacation mode" where the unit goes into a semi-hibernation state to save power, but boosts the temp each week to 70 deg so that any bacteria is zapped. You can even tell it when you'll be back so that you've got hot water ready and waiting by the time you unpack your suitcase.

Now, the only concerns I would have are as follows:
1) Make sure your installer connects a dedicated 15A circuit to the unit. The 270 needs the higher amp outlet due to the internal booster element. Our initial install was done on a 10A (standard power point), which had to be retrospectively changed.
2) Touch controller and chassis (if installing outside); Touch controllers exposed to harsh exterior conditions don't tend to have a great track record and once that goes you're stuffed. There is a cover to shield the unit, but not certain if the plastic is UV stabilised. The plastic of the upper cladding and compressor falls into the same category. Ours had a few loose self tapping screws in it (threaded from obviously being over-driven into the chassis with a power tool), and the shiny EvoHeat product label warped and fell off within a day after saying hello to the western sun. Hopefully it's just cosmetic stuff. The tank is no doubt fine, and if the compressor lasts at least four to five years, you're still ahead on cost compared to the likes of a Sanden.

Overall, I would definitely recommend the EVO270 system. It can generate enough ultra hot water for a family without breaking a sweat or your bank account.

Last but not least:
A big "Thank You" to John and the team from Speedy Hot Water for looking after us. Customer service focused, they sorted out the install and all electrical work for us in record time and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them to others.

Very happy with the EvoHeat270

The people at 42 Energy Street were most helpful with their product information and knowledge of the EvoHeat 270. The cylinder looks good around the corner of the house. Its quiet, set to come on in off peak times, the hot water pressure has improved since installation. I'm very happy with the EvoHeat270.

Extremely Happy with this Excellent Choice

The serviceman employed by Speedy Hot Water Services displayed excellent product knowledge and skills in the process of installing the EVO270 system. We have found the unit to be very efficient in handling the extra demand for hot water usage with additional visitors during the School holiday period, without experiencing any temperature fluctuation. At this point in time, we are very happy to have been advised on the choice of this quality product.

Very happy!

Being able to have this unit installed as an all in one heat pump hot water system in the corner of our garage was a huge bonus. Once we learnt how to set the system to come on at our off peak electricity times, it was a double bonus. The system is quiet, very efficient, very effective - we 4 adults have more than enough hot water whenever we need it. Very happy!

So far, so good.

We had an EVO270 installed to replace another heat pump that had given up the ghost after 10 years. So far the only issue has been a lack of explanation of the features in the owners manual. I was able to find the answers that I needed via the website. I`ll be interested to see how much of a difference the timer function makes in conjunction with our solar system.

Good investment

We had the Evo 270 system installed May 2018
At first we experienced warm water during our morning showers but since I increased the temperature we have piping hot water all day.
We also had guest staying for a week so six showers a day and loads of hot water.
I'd like the thank Fluid Plumbing on the central coast NSW for their professional friendly manner in which they took to install.

Date PurchasedMay 2018

Evo270 Ahead of the pack.

Decided to replace our ageing electric HWS, after a month of research and comparison between Solar,gas or electric we made the decision to go with Heat Pump technology. Choosing the Evo270 was an easy decision, it offers an excellent return on investment, great warranty,and after sales service and can be set to feed off our solar PV.
Do not go past KMS Services for your purchase and installation, they proved very prompt,reliable,and very professional, our installers took time to explain and demonstrate the features and settings of the system.
After 1 month with the new system ...extremely happy with its performance.

Meeting expectations

We had to replace an 8 year old solar hot water system. Our research led us to the EVO270. Pretty good so far. The compressor only runs until the water reaches temperature, then shuts off. The noise is level is about the same as the airconditioning unit.
Now for some figures - it's using just over 1 Kwh of electricity per day for 5 x 10-12 minute showers on 9 litres/minute shower heads. It's not as energy efficient as the solar but the old solar was costing us more in repairs that the cost of hot water!
Can recommend Speedy Hot Water for their prompt service and support and they removed our old solar system for minimal cost.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Very happy with EVO270 and installation.

Only had EVO270 for 3 weeks but first impressions are excellent. Quiet, all the hot water we need and excellent install service from KMS Services. Bought EVO after a lot of research. Main question for me was quality and reliability. The replies I got from EVO to my questions were honest and prompt and KMS were very professional and helpful. At this stage I have no negatives at all. Looking forward to many trouble free years.

Does a Great Job!

Replaced an existing heat pump system with the EVO270 and already notice this is quieter and more efficient, runs less and has hotter water. No issues over the Christmas break with extra people in the house, more showers and more washing in general.
Happy with the decision to purchase after doing my research on other similar products.
Very happy with the install by KMS Services, excellent quality job!

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Emergency replacement, excellent service and product.

Recently had an emergency with our h/w system giving up the ghost. After a number of calls a local company KMS Services rescheduled their entire day to help us out. They attended on site within an hour and provided a temporary system while organising the new EVO270. This arrived in two days and KMS were there to fit on the same day. We had been warned not to go with a heat pump for a number of reasons but KMS convinced us otherwise and I am glad we did, this system is fantastic, quiet (one of the supposed issues) efficient and looks good as well. I would recommend an EVO system to anyone needing a new system, and if you are in the north Brisbane area you will not find anyone better than KMS. Very, very pleased with the whole deal.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Quiet, looks good. Fast install.

Hi. We have just installed the EVO270. I rang Speedy Hot Water at 7.30am and now have a functioning system at 11.45am. The unit is much quieter than my old shrieker a.k.a Rheem. The Rheem lasted 10 years but was on booster for the last 7 years..... Then the tank blew out so dead unit.

( I will do another review after we get a couple of electricity bills)

Evoheat 270

I did quite a lot of research when looking to upgrade my old hot water heater, including product review. There were a few near the top but EvoHeat 270 swung it for me because of the positive feedback on Product Review, the fact that Evoheat themselves were helpful with all my questions and also that it is now available in WA, courtesy of Galvins.

Thus far it has lived up to expectations, hot water on demand and not too noisy. It also looks the business compared to the old system we had!

Too early to say how much my electricity bill has reduced but I'm not expecting any issues.

Date PurchasedDec 2018

Never run out of hot water .

We never run out of hot water . Quiet and efficient . Water temperature is always constant , a really good temperature .
Efficient and a speedy service. Installer was very efficient . The family are pleased we always have hot water now .
Can't wait for the electric bill to see how much I have saved off my electric bill .

Date PurchasedNov 2018

Excellent service

We chose an EvoHeat 270L on recommendation from Speedy Hot Water Services.. the service was prompt professional and courteous. The tradesmen Chris and Christopher, did an excellent job, and their cleanup was amazing.very impressed. The information received from John in choosing a replacement for our exsisting Saxon system, was factual clear and concise. We would not hesitate to recommend them.

Nice and Quiet

We have had the EvoHeat installed for around 6 weeks and we are very pleased at the quality of the unit. The system is very quiet and gives constant hot water when we need it. The installation process was fast and professional and they took the old system away which was a great help.

Quality system, $$$ savings already +++

The EvoHeat is a quality product and on our very first electricity bill we saw a noticeable reduction. The system is large but compact, operates at a similar noise level to a modern air conditioner, and its hot water output is reliable, strong and steady. We couldn't be happier and with the savings on our bill, we'll recover the higher initial outlay in no time. Highly recommended.

Happy with our choice

We have purchased the EvoHeat pump end of October.
It has been installed for over a month now. We are very happy with the unit.
It has many programmable features that help with saving electricity.
The installation was very professional. They removed the old unit and they took it away.
The unit also looks good and it is very quiet during operation.

Date PurchasedOct 2018

Does the EVO270 work efficiently in the colder climate of Tasmania? Our present electric heater is situated in the laundry. Does the EVO270 need to be outside? Rgds, Gerry

Is this a suitable replacement for an old off peak electric water heater in the ceiling space?
Yes, it would be but you would be better to speak to a licenced plumber .Hi Dene, The Evo270 system is an ideal replacement for an electric water heater, however there would be some assessment required to determine if the ceiling space would be suitable, or if it would be better to relocate it. Please contact us on 1300 859 933 and speak to one of our team who can assist you further. EvoHeatThanks

Our solar 10.5kw solar system is on a high feed in tariff (approx 2x the cost of what we get in from the grid during the day) so is it cost effective for us to use the night time tariff when we get past the holidays and it just two of us at home? We are on the Gold Coast so we rarely get cold weather except for a couple of weeks mid winter.
Hi Sparty, Thank you for your question. Yes, it is most cost effective for you to maximise your high feed in tariff, and run your Evo270 on night tariff (taking advantage of the lower energy rates). If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our office 1300 859 933I'm sorry this question is too technical for me to answer . But I would imagine the night time tariff would be sufficient . We live in Brisbane and getting cold water out of the cold tap is difficult some days .

Similar listings