• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed

It's a great system for our need.

We are absolutely pleased with the unit, and it provides the right heat for our usage. There is no issues with water temperature, steady and satisfying. It is a quite unit when it runs.

Purchased in June 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Immediate Hot Water Bathroom 1, Kitchen 3 M away long time and Bathroom 2 forever

Just two in the house and Washing machine is Cold Water design.
Therefore we do not really have any experience of fluctuations or high demand.
Fluctuations have not been noticed at this time.

Purchased for A$5,000.00.

BernieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Expensive? Not as much as Solar H2O but well worth it.

My Hydrotherm Dynamic X8 was heavy to unload from the truck on delivery but went into position nicely, after the plumber and electrician had finished the installation the hot water has been great.
I actually replaced a Solar Hot Water system that was about to fail and would have cost me a lot more to replace so went with this heat pump and so far I'm very happy with it. We also have solar panels and get credit on our bills so saving more money.
Expensive? Not as much as Solar H2O but well worth it.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,695.00.

Bernie

The system is set to work from sun up to sun down while the PV system is producing, it starts heating at 6am and then only heats water when the temperature drops while hot water is in use.

HydrothermHydrotherm

Great, sounds like you're all sorted. Please feel free to contact us at any time if you need.

Regards,

Bill H.

Bill H.South East Queensland, QLD

Very pleased with this system.

The Hydrotherm system was installed nearly 4 months ago, it was handy having a plug on the electricity cable as it took some time to get a sparkey to hard wire the system. We have had 3-4 people in the house and the hot water has been great. The power savings have been worthwhile saving 2/3 of the power. The Company was efficient and easy to deal with.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$1,695.00.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

the is ok, bit expensive

instructions for settings could be a lot clearer and more informative, installer left it to me to set up.He left it on auto.bottom valve leaks all the time otherwise I'm happy ,only 2 of us

Purchased in July 2020 at plumber.

Adrienne Mercer

Adrienne MercerSouth East Queensland, QLD

AWESOME

Once we figured out we had to press the "go"button, recommended installer failed to return call for 2 weeks, its been fabulous with our new solar panels - happy happy. There are 6 of us and never an issue.

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,400.00.

Household Size6 person(s)

Geoff

Geoff

Highly Recommended (Some Minor Quibbles)

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,945.00.

Household Size5 person(s)

Simo L.South East Queensland, QLD

Perfect hot-water system for energy saving

Purchased in September 2020.

Serg G.

Serg G.Perth, WA

A very good quality heat pump and service

A very good quality product and great service. We are in WA as we had been looking to replace an old and small electric storage hot water system. In comparison with other offers, Hydroterm was outstanding in terms of warranty so decided to have a go. The system was delivered right in time and it's an easy unit for a certified plumber and an electrician to install.

A heat pump is very quiet. Have set it up to work on schedule from from 10am to 5pm, but usually it takes just 3-4 hours a day to keep up with 60 degrees programmed. Looking forward to see next power bill!

Purchased in August 2020 for A$1,945.00.

Jipped and angry

Jipped and angryMelbourne

Large capacity Hot water service, very electricity efficient

Has been in operation for a year and half now, (August 2020) without any problem. Has high capacity servicing large house. Quiet operation, very power efficient. Keep Warm function works well. Easy to use controls. Sturdy construction and Australian Made. Looks fit to service property for many years. Very affordable freight cost from Queensland to Victoria.

Purchased in January 2019 at Manufacturer for A$2,000.00.

Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

fantastic hot water unit

extremely pleased with the performance of this heat pump hot water unit, water temp is constant during use and offers a great warranty,and could not get a more efficient pleasant company to deal with many thanks

Purchased in August 2020 at hydrotherm .

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent heat pump unit for price

Run 11am-5pm & meets demand for family of 4 in metro Melbourne. Only critique is top of unit, where rain pools within indented lid design. Efficiency great - electric boost not required

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,695.00.

jjulianp

jjulianpSydney, NSW

Low-cost Hydrotherm hot water

Our Hydrotherm was installed 7 months ago, and has performed flawlessly, always ready to produce hot water. We replaced a gas fired system, so now we don't use gas at all, saving $600 a year. In summer, the Hydrotherm mostly runs every other day, more often in winter; and as it is programmed to run only when the roof panels are running at high production, our hot water is very low cost. I researched all similar units I could find, Hydrotherm had the best combination of excellent warranty and specification I could find; I have not been disappointed. Hydrotherm were great to deal with, and the installation was excellent. Highly recommended.

Purchased in December 2019 at Hydrotherm Hot Water Systems for A$1,845.00.

John McLucas

John McLucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top Hot water system

This is a great hot water system. Bigger than my previous Hydrotherm, it gives unlimited hot water, and just as cheap to run. Add to this a great staff.. One cannot go wrong.

Purchased in February 2019.

Household Size1 person(s)

Richard Bond

Richard BondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome. Really cheap to run. Now I pay $5 a month for my hot water

Absolutely love this. No complaints at all. Very happy with the unit. There Has been a very good drop in my electricity bills. It looks great and works well and the installation was quick

Purchased in February 2020 for A$3,200.00.

Household Size1 person(s)

jmill104

jmill104South East Queensland, QLD

Honestly! price, customer service & product are perfect! I highly recommend over other brands, happy customer.

The Hydrotherm 260L heat pump replaced an old electric 80L tank & WOW! Super hot water (perfect for winter!), it never runs out of hot water unlike smaller tanks! I can’t wait for the next power bill to see the saving too!

Also my tank is installed in the garage (I live in a small duplex) there is no noise issues & as an added bonus it cools the garage & helps to dry my cloths that I air dry in there too (heat pumps systems circulate the air & pulls moisture from the surrounding air)

Product 10/10. Customer Service 10/10. Price For Product 10/10. I haven’t received a power bill yet for Savings ?/?. IF I can edit this review I’ll try and update in the future.

Purchased in June 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Replacement Electric to Heat Pump Hot Water (Hydrotherm)

Installed a new Hydrotherm in April to replace our old electric water heater. Still early to tell on savings but from what I have read we should see a drop in power bills.
The plumber installed it in the same position as our old heater using the existing piping and base as it's similar in size.
System took around three hours to reach 60 degrees the first day and since then we haven’t run out of hot water.
Haven’t noticed any noise issues like other reviews, having it installed outside I can’t hear when it turns on or when it's heating, even at night.
The price for me was a big factor being $500 - $1000 less then other brands, maybe being a local company helps them be competitive.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,395.00.

Hydrothetm

Great product and service is excellent. I rely on it every day and my electricity bill has been reduced. I would recommend this product to anyone. Warreny is excilent and staff are great.

Purchased in November 2019.

BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever

We had a Hydrotherm heat pump hotwater system installed approx 6 years ago. Simon had to replace parts in it once or twice a year. He got so sick of it he refunded the his cost of system so we were out of his hair. never again. Bill

Brett Doig

Brett DoigSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am really enjoying the Hydrothermal as I really enjoyed the consistency of hot water and cheeper power bill.

The power bill has dropped as well from my previous hot water system and the water is Always hot and I can’t complain.

The cost of it was reasonable as well.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$790.00.

Adam H.

Adam H.asked

Dynamic/X8

I am considering installing a Hydrotherm Dynamic/X8 but it will need to go directly outside a bedroom window of my house. Will noise be an issue from this system?

Simo L.

Hi Adam, I have just had one installed recently. The house is the same as an aircon unit. Hardly notice it. It has a timer that you can set to run during day time. It only needs to run a few hours to heat up the water

Adam

Adamasked

Hydrotherm

Hi whos the retailers for south east Melbourne please.

Bill

Sorry I can’t help with that. I live in Brisbane.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please can you send your details, including your postal address, to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and we can provide you with that information. Or call us on 1300 769 904.

Lainasked

Hydrotherm

Hi, we are currently building a new house and are looking the Hydrotherm heat pump system. However, we have 5 people in our house and I would estimate we are heavy hot water users. Would this system be able to cope with high demand usage for 5 people, only having a 270L tank? Thanks.

Hi Lain,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We recommend our DYNAMIC/X8 system for households of up to 6 people. A standard shower head that uses 7-9L/minute equates to roughly 40-50 minutes of hot water showering time (i.e. the time to completely drain the tank). However, the DYNAMIC/X8 has additional functions which can give you a boost of hot water if need be.

Our recommendation of up to 6 people applies for most households. The factors which will result in households running out of hot water quicker are:

1. The length of time of showers.
2. The distance between the hot water system and your shower.
3. How many baths per day.
4. Time of year (hot water usage is higher in winter).

However to simply answer your question, yes, we believe that our system can meet your requirements.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Lain

Thank you for the fast reply. Just say we drained half the tank due to long showers/high use etc.. Would the heat pump automatically start heating the water again as you're using it? Also, how long would it approximately take to heat a tank of water once it drained?

I've only used standard electric storage, which we had to wait for the next day to get hot water if we ran out which was annoying. We're currently using an LPG instant system, which is nice to have unlimited hot water but is costing us a fortune in gas!!

Definitely looking forward to the Hydrotherm if it suits.

No problem at all :)

The reason why your previous hot water system would only heat once per day is likely that it was connected to a night time electricity tariff (i.e. the hot water system only had power at night time). Being on a night time tariff you would need a much larger storage tank to meet the home’s high hot water demand, as it will only have a chance to heat once a day.

We recommend all customers have their Hydrotherm installed on either a continuous or shoulder tariff. One of the reasons is so the system can heat after the morning and evening showers.

The DYNAMIC/X8 will begin to heat whenever the tank water sensor drops below 55C, which is generally after two showers. The system will then heat up to the full 60C which generally takes 1-3 hours. If the DYNAMIC/X8 was completely drained of its 260L of hot water, the system will heat for take about 3-5 hours to reheat ALL the water in the tank.

So in conclusion, if you were to have a DYNAMIC/X8 system on either a continuous or shoulder tariff, there should be no issue with system meeting your new homes hot water demands.

The Hydrotherm Team

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

Compare all 4 Hydrotherm
Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Hydrotherm Dynamic-SS/X8/OP

Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Hydrotherm Volt-SS/X6/C

Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

Hydrotherm Rapid-SS/X4/OP

CategoryElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage SystemsElectric Hot Water Storage Systems
Price (RRP) A$1,495.00A$1,795.00A$1,795.00A$1,795.00