Hydrotherm

• Incentivised Review Yes (3%) · No (97%)

joe man

joe manSouth East Queensland, QLD

Efficient hot water system Thornlands QLD

Purchased in October 2013.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Cheap Hot Water

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,845.00.

Happy with the product

Unit works well and temperature doesnt fluctuwaite. Only complaint i have is noise and the time it takes to get up to temperature. The salesman was informative and reliable regarding delivery time

Chris28SYDNEY

Reliable and Efficient

We have had a hydrotherm on our house for over 5 years. It has been very reliable and efficient. I recently purchased two more for a development I did. My tenants should save a lot of money on their electricity!

I really want to give these units 5 stars, but the only reason I can't is that the new ones are quite noisy compared to the older ones - the fan appears to spin a lot faster which is not ideal where houses are on very close proximity. Not sure if fan speed can be adjusted?

If noise isn't an issue, then I recommend you buy one.

Purchased in July 2019 for $1,600.00.

Chris28

Great. Thankyou De Wet! That will make a huge difference. I'll give you a call later in week. Your customer service is fantastic as always!

Sam G.

Sam G.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great hot water

We love our hot water system, perfect hot water all the time. Great company, our hot water is perfect. Great guys who are very helpful. We rate them highly. Thanks

Purchased in July 2019.

Happy Hydrotherm customer!

Our house came with a Hydrotherm Heat Pump when we purchased it, which lasted many years. We had the Dynamic system installed in late June and this is our bill for the 3 months since. Huge reduction of 33% less than same time last year and is clearly reducing energy consumption as the weather is heating up. This is great proof of Hydrotherms efficiency. The larger 275L tank is suitable for our family of 4 and we havent had any issues with with hot water supply or temperatures during peak usage times. If it was a little less noisy during pump times it would be a 5 star rating.

Purchased in June 2019 for $1,500.00.

Great value for money

Purchased in July 2019.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Great before sales service. Works well, good controls.

I read extensively about heat pumps after one was recommended by a supplier. After narrowing down to a few choices based on good reputation, I found that the Hydrotherm unit was the right balance of quality, reputation and price. I contacted them directly for further information such as install location and orientation, and they happily provided it. The most memorable part was their history of detailed technical engagement on the Whirlpool forums, which was key to making a decision. The unit has worked fine since installation.

Purchased in August 2018 for $2,300.00.

Neville Hill

Neville HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

The ability to reduce electricity costs and maintain desired hot-water volumes meets with today's expectations.

We are standard 4 adult family; with additional family members at various times and this unit has the capacity to provide excellent resources at required water temperatures.
All this at less than 25% of the cost of identical hot water supplies of the past.

Purchased in June 2019.

Great energy efficient system

Purchased in May 2019.

webmate

webmate

I am impressed

The HydroTherm unit successfully reduced our power bills by a significant margin (despite having teenage children). We have had the system for 6 years and in that time there have been three issues requiring repair. However they were quickly handled by HydroTherm under warranty. This week we had another issue (we are out of warranty). While it took HydroTherm a week to respond (the system was working just leaking water) but they came out, repaired the system and performed a service free of charge. Very pleased with their support.

Barry

BarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great system

I've programmed my system to reheat during the middle of the day using solar power.
It's a very economical system.
We've never had a problem with not having enough hot water.
We bought one because of all the positive things my son in law told me about his and we haven't been disappointed.
Our system is inside the garage, it could be considered noisy if outside near a bedroom

Purchased for $1,800.00.

PhilipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Low power usage

Unit works well if always on. If turned off over night I find the water cools quickly and needs to be turned on for 2 hours before the water is hot again for showers and dishes. Power consumption is lower than other brands I have used.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hydrotherm.

Philip

Hi, To rectify the problem I did change the timer. I was just surprised by how much the water cooled over night. I am very happy with the system but still getting use to its habits. Thanks Philip

Paul

PaulRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very happy with Hydrotherm

We've been using Hydrotherm for four months now and it's been great. It was delivered quickly and the recommended installer for the Northern Rivers area in NSW did a really good job. It's been running without a hitch since being installed.

Purchased in May 2019.

Marty

MartyPort Macquarie

Singing in the shower Hydrotherm

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,200.00.

Michael Howard

Michael HowardMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great water heater

I was looking for an efficient way to use the power produced from the solar panels Hydrotherm was the perfect solution and easily programmed to heat in sunlight hours thank you Hydrotherm

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,950.00.

Jon A.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Product - Super Reliable and a Real Power Saver

We've had our Hydrotherm for more than 5 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. It works extremely well for a family of 3 (even with a water guzzling teenager in the house) and we've never run out of hot water. The pwer saving has been amazing. We're saving around 25% on our power bills. Highly recommended.

matt

matt

amazing return on investment

Since having our hydrotherm installed 6 months ago our electricity bill has dropped by about 30% This is better than we could have imagined!!!!
Being a family of 5 we use a lot of hot water and this unit has not let us down or run out once !!

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,695.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Snickers M

Snickers MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable, efficient and I think will save money long term

Our old heat pump H/w system rusted out and lost all water one night.Rang Hydrotherm next day and new system was here the following day. Operation so far is excellent providing a good supply of hot water, although can be noisy when it comes on at night. Purchased in January 2019.
Bob lee
Brisbane

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,795.00.

Ken Nicholls

Ken NichollsCentral Queensland, QLD

Fit for purpose.

The old hot water system died and had to be replaced and moved to the outside. The unit has been reliable and has been saving us money on the Electricity bill. We have 2 people normally and up to 8 with visitors - no problem with temp so far.

Purchased in February 2019.

F Maher

F Maherasked

I have sent three emails to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and still no response after more than 40 days!! Any reason?
I thought that’s better to ask a question before leaving a bad review.

Hi F Maher,

Please can you check your emails for a request for you contact details so we can follow this up for you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I will follow up your request as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Jon

Jonasked

Hi. We have a hydrotherm system but over the last few days the alarm keeps going off continually, creating complaints from our neighbours. The water still heats but the alarm will not stop.

Hi,
Oddly enough just days after I posted my review I've had a problem with my Hydrotherm Volt unit. The alarm kept going off and annoying my neighbours. On the control panel (lower right hand of the screen) where the temperature normally is - you'll see a number A1 - A5. These are the Alarm Error Codes. Check which alarm error code you're getting and then call Hydrotherm and they'll be abel to advise on the best solution. I had an A5 last week and it was quite easy to reset the Low/High Pressure switch which has fixed that problem. However, I've since discovered there is a leak in the tank. I contacted Hydrotherm to activate the Warranty and while the contact staff have been fantastic the people looking after the Warranty have been less obliging. They demanded various photos, the original Credit Card receipt from 5 years ago, the original Solar Certificate and so on. Luckily I managed to find these documents but it appears the 15 years Warranty has so many exclusions I may have trouble getting it replaced or fixed under their service agreement. I'll keep you posted.

Ant

Antasked

My alarm went off last night so i pushed the on / off button once , has the system been off all day ? As my water is warm not hot

Hi Ant,

I believe you might need to adjust a setting there. Please contact us directly on 1300 769 904 or service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and we'll be able to assist you as soon as possible with any service needs.

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

Download manual