Hydrotherm

Great before sales service. Works well, good controls.

I read extensively about heat pumps after one was recommended by a supplier. After narrowing down to a few choices based on good reputation, I found that the Hydrotherm unit was the right balance of quality, reputation and price. I contacted them directly for further information such as install location and orientation, and they happily provided it. The most memorable part was their history of detailed technical engagement on the Whirlpool forums, which was key to making a decision. The unit has worked fine since installation.

Purchased in August 2018 for $2,300.00.

Neville Hill

Neville HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

The ability to reduce electricity costs and maintain desired hot-water volumes meets with today's expectations.

We are standard 4 adult family; with additional family members at various times and this unit has the capacity to provide excellent resources at required water temperatures.
All this at less than 25% of the cost of identical hot water supplies of the past.

Purchased in June 2019.

Great energy efficient system

Purchased in May 2019.

webmate

webmate

I am impressed

The HydroTherm unit successfully reduced our power bills by a significant margin (despite having teenage children). We have had the system for 6 years and in that time there have been three issues requiring repair. However they were quickly handled by HydroTherm under warranty. This week we had another issue (we are out of warranty). While it took HydroTherm a week to respond (the system was working just leaking water) but they came out, repaired the system and performed a service free of charge. Very pleased with their support.

Barry

BarrySouth East Queensland, QLD

Great system

I've programmed my system to reheat during the middle of the day using solar power.
It's a very economical system.
We've never had a problem with not having enough hot water.
We bought one because of all the positive things my son in law told me about his and we haven't been disappointed.
Our system is inside the garage, it could be considered noisy if outside near a bedroom

Purchased for $1,800.00.

PhilipSouth East Queensland, QLD

Low power usage

Unit works well if always on. If turned off over night I find the water cools quickly and needs to be turned on for 2 hours before the water is hot again for showers and dishes. Power consumption is lower than other brands I have used.

Purchased in May 2019 at Hydrotherm.

Philip

Hi, To rectify the problem I did change the timer. I was just surprised by how much the water cooled over night. I am very happy with the system but still getting use to its habits. Thanks Philip

Paul

PaulRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Very happy with Hydrotherm

We've been using Hydrotherm for four months now and it's been great. It was delivered quickly and the recommended installer for the Northern Rivers area in NSW did a really good job. It's been running without a hitch since being installed.

Purchased in May 2019.

Marty

MartyPort Macquarie

Singing in the shower Hydrotherm

Purchased in March 2018 for $1,200.00.

Michael Howard

Michael HowardMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Great water heater

I was looking for an efficient way to use the power produced from the solar panels Hydrotherm was the perfect solution and easily programmed to heat in sunlight hours thank you Hydrotherm

Purchased in April 2019 for $1,950.00.

Jon A.South East Queensland, QLD

Excellent Product - Super Reliable and a Real Power Saver

We've had our Hydrotherm for more than 5 years and it hasn't skipped a beat. It works extremely well for a family of 3 (even with a water guzzling teenager in the house) and we've never run out of hot water. The pwer saving has been amazing. We're saving around 25% on our power bills. Highly recommended.

matt

matt

amazing return on investment

Since having our hydrotherm installed 6 months ago our electricity bill has dropped by about 30% This is better than we could have imagined!!!!
Being a family of 5 we use a lot of hot water and this unit has not let us down or run out once !!

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,695.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Snickers M

Snickers MSouth East Queensland, QLD

Reliable, efficient and I think will save money long term

Our old heat pump H/w system rusted out and lost all water one night.Rang Hydrotherm next day and new system was here the following day. Operation so far is excellent providing a good supply of hot water, although can be noisy when it comes on at night. Purchased in January 2019.
Bob lee
Brisbane

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,795.00.

Ken Nicholls

Ken NichollsCentral Queensland, QLD

Fit for purpose.

The old hot water system died and had to be replaced and moved to the outside. The unit has been reliable and has been saving us money on the Electricity bill. We have 2 people normally and up to 8 with visitors - no problem with temp so far.

Purchased in February 2019.

Reliable, efficient.

No issues with function or efficiency.
Water pressure can sometimes be swamped by the cold pressure that makes the mix a challenge at the shower head.
Our unit is outside and, after rain, there is standing water on the top. There would be some advantages of having a sloping top to address this.

Purchased in February 2019.

Chris Doig

Chris DoigCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Efficient and effective if a bit noisy

The unit has worked very well for the past five months in both hot and very cold conditions - down to zero deg. Our only reservation is that if all else inside and outside is quiet, the unit is a more audible than we expected.

Purchased in January 2019 for $1,800.00.

Helen Hurwood

Helen HurwoodGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still getting use to it

Not sure of the benefits of daytime heating with 8 solar panels in the Victorian winter! Also with occasional high demand and how to adjust things if it's not on automatic.

Purchased in February 2019 at on line.

Judi R.

Judi R.South East Queensland, QLD

Great on power use. Perhaps a bit too hot if anything

I am finding a little noisy at night now. The weather is colder overnight and running is much longer. Water temperature is constant perhaps a bit too hot for me. Overall I am happy with the system and the extra warranty is good. I would recommend a hydrotherm to my friends as I am happy with with it.

Purchased in January 2019.

Drew

Drew

Ability to schedule heating periods is unique

The ability to program when the system heats is great. We don't need 60 degrees 24/7 just morning and evening so I only have it on from about 3-7 morning and night.
It is a bit louder than our previous heat pump. Not a problem for us but if we had a close neighbor it could be an issue.

Love the extra warranty which is better than any other system I could find.

Overall very happy.

Purchased in January 2019 at Hydrotherm.

Andrea Cally

Andrea CallyNorthern Region, NSW

great product

Quite good and uses very little power, great to combine with Solar system for reduction of your bills.

Would recommend this product to those that are looking for an energy efficient system.

Purchased in November 2018.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Bill Doyle

Bill DoyleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Best thing ever, saves a fortune in heating bills. Excellent service too. Highly recommended

Had one of these fitted at my own house several years ago. It saves so much money. I decided to install one in the rental too. Still the same excellent service. Very pleased with the product and the results.

Purchased in March 2019 for $1,600.00.

F Maher

F Maherasked

I have sent three emails to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and still no response after more than 40 days!! Any reason?
I thought that’s better to ask a question before leaving a bad review.

Hi F Maher,

Please can you check your emails for a request for you contact details so we can follow this up for you. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I will follow up your request as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Jon

Jonasked

Hi. We have a hydrotherm system but over the last few days the alarm keeps going off continually, creating complaints from our neighbours. The water still heats but the alarm will not stop.

Hi,
Oddly enough just days after I posted my review I've had a problem with my Hydrotherm Volt unit. The alarm kept going off and annoying my neighbours. On the control panel (lower right hand of the screen) where the temperature normally is - you'll see a number A1 - A5. These are the Alarm Error Codes. Check which alarm error code you're getting and then call Hydrotherm and they'll be abel to advise on the best solution. I had an A5 last week and it was quite easy to reset the Low/High Pressure switch which has fixed that problem. However, I've since discovered there is a leak in the tank. I contacted Hydrotherm to activate the Warranty and while the contact staff have been fantastic the people looking after the Warranty have been less obliging. They demanded various photos, the original Credit Card receipt from 5 years ago, the original Solar Certificate and so on. Luckily I managed to find these documents but it appears the 15 years Warranty has so many exclusions I may have trouble getting it replaced or fixed under their service agreement. I'll keep you posted.

Ant

Antasked

My alarm went off last night so i pushed the on / off button once , has the system been off all day ? As my water is warm not hot

Hi Ant,

I believe you might need to adjust a setting there. Please contact us directly on 1300 769 904 or service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and we'll be able to assist you as soon as possible with any service needs.

Kind Regards,
The Hydrotherm Team

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives

CategoryElectric Storage