• Temperature Consistency
  • Heating Speed
Jipped and angry

Jipped and angryMelbourne

Large capacity Hot water service, very electricity efficient

Has been in operation for a year and half now, (August 2020) without any problem. Has high capacity servicing large house. Quiet operation, very power efficient. Keep Warm function works well. Easy to use controls. Sturdy construction and Australian Made. Looks fit to service property for many years. Very affordable freight cost from Queensland to Victoria.

Purchased in January 2019 at Manufacturer for A$2,000.00.

Stephen

StephenSouth East Queensland, QLD

fantastic hot water unit

extremely pleased with the performance of this heat pump hot water unit, water temp is constant during use and offers a great warranty,and could not get a more efficient pleasant company to deal with many thanks

Purchased in August 2020 at hydrotherm .

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent heat pump unit for price

Run 11am-5pm & meets demand for family of 4 in metro Melbourne. Only critique is top of unit, where rain pools within indented lid design. Efficiency great - electric boost not required

Purchased in May 2020 for A$1,695.00.

jjulianp

jjulianpSydney, NSW

Low-cost Hydrotherm hot water

Our Hydrotherm was installed 7 months ago, and has performed flawlessly, always ready to produce hot water. We replaced a gas fired system, so now we don't use gas at all, saving $600 a year. In summer, the Hydrotherm mostly runs every other day, more often in winter; and as it is programmed to run only when the roof panels are running at high production, our hot water is very low cost. I researched all similar units I could find, Hydrotherm had the best combination of excellent warranty and specification I could find; I have not been disappointed. Hydrotherm were great to deal with, and the installation was excellent. Highly recommended.

Purchased in December 2019 at Hydrotherm Hot Water Systems for A$1,845.00.

John McLucas

John McLucasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Top Hot water system

This is a great hot water system. Bigger than my previous Hydrotherm, it gives unlimited hot water, and just as cheap to run. Add to this a great staff.. One cannot go wrong.

Purchased in February 2019.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

Richard Bond

Richard BondSouth East Queensland, QLD

Awesome. Really cheap to run. Now I pay $5 a month for my hot water

Absolutely love this. No complaints at all. Very happy with the unit. There Has been a very good drop in my electricity bills. It looks great and works well and the installation was quick

Purchased in February 2020 for A$3,200.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 1 person(s)

jmill104

jmill104South East Queensland, QLD

Honestly! price, customer service & product are perfect! I highly recommend over other brands, happy customer.

The Hydrotherm 260L heat pump replaced an old electric 80L tank & WOW! Super hot water (perfect for winter!), it never runs out of hot water unlike smaller tanks! I can’t wait for the next power bill to see the saving too!

Also my tank is installed in the garage (I live in a small duplex) there is no noise issues & as an added bonus it cools the garage & helps to dry my cloths that I air dry in there too (heat pumps systems circulate the air & pulls moisture from the surrounding air)

Product 10/10. Customer Service 10/10. Price For Product 10/10. I haven’t received a power bill yet for Savings ?/?. IF I can edit this review I’ll try and update in the future.

Purchased in June 2020.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Replacement Electric to Heat Pump Hot Water (Hydrotherm)

Installed a new Hydrotherm in April to replace our old electric water heater. Still early to tell on savings but from what I have read we should see a drop in power bills.
The plumber installed it in the same position as our old heater using the existing piping and base as it's similar in size.
System took around three hours to reach 60 degrees the first day and since then we haven’t run out of hot water.
Haven’t noticed any noise issues like other reviews, having it installed outside I can’t hear when it turns on or when it's heating, even at night.
The price for me was a big factor being $500 - $1000 less then other brands, maybe being a local company helps them be competitive.

Purchased in April 2020 for A$1,395.00.

Hydrothetm

Great product and service is excellent. I rely on it every day and my electricity bill has been reduced. I would recommend this product to anyone. Warreny is excilent and staff are great.

Purchased in November 2019.

BillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst ever

We had a Hydrotherm heat pump hotwater system installed approx 6 years ago. Simon had to replace parts in it once or twice a year. He got so sick of it he refunded the his cost of system so we were out of his hair. never again. Bill

Brett Doig

Brett DoigSouth East Queensland, QLD

I am really enjoying the Hydrothermal as I really enjoyed the consistency of hot water and cheeper power bill.

The power bill has dropped as well from my previous hot water system and the water is Always hot and I can’t complain.

The cost of it was reasonable as well.

Purchased in March 2020 for A$790.00.

Rob

RobMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

So far very happy!

Energy bill is down about 150 bucks per quarter. So it should pay off itself within a few years time. Works very well so far! I would recommend this unit.

Purchased in October 2019 at Hydrotherm for A$1,800.00.

Review collected in partnership with Hydrotherm

Overall an energy efficient unit

Very noisy. Take hours to get to set temperture once you have utelized hot water.
e.g. A bath takes in excess of 3 hours. Overall seems very energy efficient. Priced well.

Purchased in October 2019 for A$1,950.00.

Sue Brown

Sue BrownRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Practical, efficient energy user,

Copes well with demand, had to adjust timer only once, Regulates water temperature well, we are very happy with the Hydrotherm’s functionality, does need an external position due to operational noise

Purchased in September 2019.

Paul Hamilton

Paul HamiltonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Works well...mild hum, screws rusting.

Works well, not sure about any improvements in power consumption as yet. Installed 6 months ago and external screws have rusted quite a lot. Not sure if this reflects the quality inside the unit. We are 200m from the beach.

Purchased in August 2019 for A$1,300.00.

ChristineCrozier

ChristineCrozierSouth East Queensland, QLD

Will never buy any other hot water system! Hydrotherm is the best!

Since September, 2014, I have had 3 Hydrotherm heat pumps installed at 3 different properties. They have outperformed two other well known brands which I will never have to use again and which I had ongoing problems with which could not be rectified, After researching, I found Hydrotherm and so glad I did - great cost savings and still working a treat. The other systems had numerous problems from the outset. Hydrotherm has not skipped a beat - perfect! When I need to replace other hot water systems, I will immediately go to Hydrotherm and recommend them without any reservations or hesitation! Cost savings in the capital outlay, the running costs and electricity savings.

Purchased in September 2014 for A$800.00.

Noise Level
Household Size 5 person(s)

Braj Raj Pande

Braj Raj PandeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good system

On economy mode hot water runs out by evening
Should have timer system to switch on and off unit according to need
We have have to run it on Non Economy mode, then continuous hot water is available
Overall very satisfied

Purchased in May 2019 at Hydrotherm for A$2,000.00.

Kate Gleeson

Kate GleesonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great for our family

We are a family of four and never run out of hot water. The system is working well with our solar to keep our home as energy efficient as possible.

Purchased in June 2019 at Plumber for A$800.00.

Martin P.

Martin P.South East Queensland, QLD

Nice product... But

The plastic lugs that make the insulation hidden within the tank popped out, and it doesn't look great. I suspect this would have a simple solution, but I think it spoils an otherwise good product thus far. Still need yet to see if it is more efficient than off peak meter, or if it can be used on that meter. That information would be good to know based on tests.

Purchased in August 2019 at Plumber for A$1,800.00.

Elaine

ElaineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very reliable system

Have not had any problems with this heater , and we do not have solar so it does not cost a lot to run.
Only thing I found it is a bit loud when it comes on at night.

Purchased in August 2019.

Adam

Adamasked

Hydrotherm

Hi whos the retailers for south east Melbourne please.

Bill

Sorry I can’t help with that. I live in Brisbane.

Hi Adam,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please can you send your details, including your postal address, to info@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au and we can provide you with that information. Or call us on 1300 769 904.

Lainasked

Hydrotherm

Hi, we are currently building a new house and are looking the Hydrotherm heat pump system. However, we have 5 people in our house and I would estimate we are heavy hot water users. Would this system be able to cope with high demand usage for 5 people, only having a 270L tank? Thanks.

Hi Lain,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

We recommend our DYNAMIC/X8 system for households of up to 6 people. A standard shower head that uses 7-9L/minute equates to roughly 40-50 minutes of hot water showering time (i.e. the time to completely drain the tank). However, the DYNAMIC/X8 has additional functions which can give you a boost of hot water if need be.

Our recommendation of up to 6 people applies for most households. The factors which will result in households running out of hot water quicker are:

1. The length of time of showers.
2. The distance between the hot water system and your shower.
3. How many baths per day.
4. Time of year (hot water usage is higher in winter).

However to simply answer your question, yes, we believe that our system can meet your requirements.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Lain

Thank you for the fast reply. Just say we drained half the tank due to long showers/high use etc.. Would the heat pump automatically start heating the water again as you're using it? Also, how long would it approximately take to heat a tank of water once it drained?

I've only used standard electric storage, which we had to wait for the next day to get hot water if we ran out which was annoying. We're currently using an LPG instant system, which is nice to have unlimited hot water but is costing us a fortune in gas!!

Definitely looking forward to the Hydrotherm if it suits.

No problem at all :)

The reason why your previous hot water system would only heat once per day is likely that it was connected to a night time electricity tariff (i.e. the hot water system only had power at night time). Being on a night time tariff you would need a much larger storage tank to meet the home’s high hot water demand, as it will only have a chance to heat once a day.

We recommend all customers have their Hydrotherm installed on either a continuous or shoulder tariff. One of the reasons is so the system can heat after the morning and evening showers.

The DYNAMIC/X8 will begin to heat whenever the tank water sensor drops below 55C, which is generally after two showers. The system will then heat up to the full 60C which generally takes 1-3 hours. If the DYNAMIC/X8 was completely drained of its 260L of hot water, the system will heat for take about 3-5 hours to reheat ALL the water in the tank.

So in conclusion, if you were to have a DYNAMIC/X8 system on either a continuous or shoulder tariff, there should be no issue with system meeting your new homes hot water demands.

Dirk S.asked

Hydrotherm

Hi we have Hydrotherm tank reads 60deg and reads full but no hot water is coming out , any ideas thanks in advance Derek

Bill

It will be sensor at the top of the system. When we had a system installed the sensor would fail at least once a year. If you brought the system from a plumber, my advice is if it is still under warranty I would be to get them to fix it. Don't let them palm you off onto hydrotherm. If you got system from hydrotherm you will probably have continuous trouble with sensor failure. We are getting a different system. Bill

Thanks Bill

Hi Dirk,

I believe that you have already been in touch with Hydrotherm regarding the issue you had with your system. Just as reference to others, we can be contacted for servicing on 1300 76 904 or at service@hydrothermhotwatersystems.com.au.

DeWet from Hydrotherm

Get an answer from our members and Hydrotherm representatives